It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 The Starter Types 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Charphlokenapoar wrote:
Well, if it is true, then Fennekin will only take 1/4 the damage from fairies, so there's that for Fennekin fans. I still don't believe it, though. And, just a question, where did it say the source gave the names of the four new Pokémon?

On PokéBeach's front page.

Tue May 14, 2013 8:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh, okay, thanks. Now I'm going to add random stuff because just thanking you is too short a message.

Tue May 14, 2013 8:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hallelujah! Apparently, there was a mix-up on the rumored starters' types. Chespin will evolve into a Grass/Dark and Froakie will be Water/Fighting. That is, if you believe the source.

Wed May 15, 2013 5:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DragoBoy wrote:
Hallelujah! Apparently, there was a mix-up on the rumored starters' types. Chespin will evolve into a Grass/Dark and Froakie will be Water/Fighting. That is, if you believe the source.

Froakie I can see being Water/Fighting. Maybe one of those "Old frail" monks who then proceed to whoop the bad guys. (Final Evo better have a Stache or a beard, just saying).

Chespin being Grass/Dark? Im sorry, I just dont see it right now.

Wed May 15, 2013 9:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Praise be unto Hiro! I was pretty annoyed at most of the information at first, but it sounds a lot better now that the "actual" types are switched. I've been praying for Chespin to be Grass/Dark for as long as its been released.

And I can definitely see it being part Dark, a lot of fanart makes it seem like a dark and menacing mole.

Wed May 15, 2013 9:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Not to mention that it looks quite similar (imo anyways) to the Shiftry line, which was also Grass/Dark. Per usual, the more info that is released for this Gen, the more excited I'm becoming.

On a personal note, I think Fennekin is absolutely adorable and I'm glad that I can pick a Fire starter without it going Fighting later (assuming this is true).

Sat May 18, 2013 4:25 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Arekasune wrote:
On a personal note, I think Fennekin is absolutely adorable and I'm glad that I can pick a Fire starter without it going Fighting later (assuming this is true).

I actually think even if all this info goes south, and it turns out to be bogus. We still don't have to worry about it turning into a fighting type. I think the head honchos have had to have gotten wind that it's a no-no for the hardcore fanbase I mean they have peoples who's sole job is to look into the public feedback and I think there are plenty of ridiculous stuff out there portraying our worry.

Mon May 20, 2013 1:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Agreed. To be honest, I wouldn't mind a Gen where the the starter types weren't Fire/Grass/Water at all. Like what about a Gen where the starters are purely Psychic/Dark/Fighting?

Or Ice? /trollface

Mon May 20, 2013 1:47 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
We established Dark/Psychic/Fighting isn't possible as Dark is immune to Psychic.

But: Ice/Fighting/Flying?

It has a stable pattern.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue May 21, 2013 1:38 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

James86134 wrote:
We established Dark/Psychic/Fighting isn't possible as Dark is immune to Psychic.

And yet that's what we're getting this Gen, in reverse order.

But if you really want triangles, do what I did and just be lazy looking at this.

Tue May 21, 2013 8:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Wait... what's wrong with fire/fighting?
I would like a Fire/Dark though :3

Tue May 21, 2013 9:43 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Xeryd wrote:
Wait... what's wrong with fire/fighting?
I would like a Fire/Dark though :3

Would you like to have 4 Fire/Fighting starters in a row?

...I would, but that's just because I'm a massive troublemaker whose favorite beverage is tears.

Tue May 21, 2013 12:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Fire/Fighting is fine, people are just tired of the starter having it since it's been that way for the last three gens in a row.

Tue May 21, 2013 12:47 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

DNA wrote:
...I would, but that's just because I'm a massive troublemaker whose favorite beverage is tears.

Thanks a lot for making me burst out laughing in the middle of work so I get looked at like a weirdo lmao, ahh classic

Wed May 22, 2013 9:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3