It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Do you like the new Pokemon? 

Yes 74%  74%  [ 43 ]
Average 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
No 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 58

Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

James86134 wrote:
... WHAT!? But, but, but its a squid? How could it not be Water typed?

Because we have enough Water-types as it is? 17% of Pokemon at the moment are Water-type. If a water creature can get two types that make sense and aren't Water, I'm fine with that.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Tbh, until I see a water/fighting mantis shrimp, I'm not really impressed. However, that sword should suffice enough, along with Froakie.

Goodbye
"

Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:26 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Haunted Water wrote:
Tbh, until I see a water/fighting mantis shrimp, I'm not really impressed. However, that sword should suffice enough, along with Froakie.

You really like The Oatmeal, don't you? Shouldn't Clauncher suffice? Just change the colour and done.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:36 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Bug got their buff during Generation V. If anything, Poison and Ice need their turn. Poison being strong against Fairy is/would be a good start but they still need to create a stronger batch of Pokemon themselves than Scolipede, Garbodor and Amoonguss. Same for Ice and Vanilluxe, Beartic and Cryogonal, especially because they're rumored to have no special interaction with Fairy and Ice moves will be losing some luster now that their main purpose of killing Dragons can be achieved with another type.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:40 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Haunted Water wrote:
Tbh, until I see a water/fighting mantis shrimp, I'm not really impressed.

Agreed. Also I want a corgi if we're going to have a Fairy type, fairies need their traditional mount.

James86134: Clauncher is a pistol shrimp. Entirely different beastie.

EDIT: an alternate name for cotton candy is fairy floss...which would explain Swirlix. CLEVER GAMEFREAK.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:47 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
Bug got their buff during Generation V. If anything, Poison and Ice need their turn. Poison being strong against Fairy is/would be a good start but they still need to create a stronger batch of Pokemon themselves than Scolipede, Garbodor and Amoonguss. Same for Ice and Vanilluxe, Beartic and Cryogonal, especially because they're rumored to have no special interaction with Fairy and Ice moves will be losing some luster now that their main purpose of killing Dragons can be achieved with another type.

On the Bug thing: Ah okay, well I do hope they give us at least one nice bug type, at the very least.

I completely Agree with you on the Poison and Ice department. I feel like these are 2 of the most neglected types, especially when you look at how many Water and Normal Pokes there are. I am REALLY hoping they tone it down with the these two types this gen, so that other types can have Boom.

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
Agreed. Also I want a corgi if we're going to have a Fairy type, fairies need their traditional mount.

...Could you elaborate? I really dont understand what you are saying.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:53 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

GofD wrote:

Sayeth the Wikipedia:
Welsh folklore says the corgi is the preferred mount of fairy warriors. There is also a folk legend that says corgis were a gift from the woodland fairies, and that the breed's markings were left on its coat by fairy harnesses and saddles.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:25 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
GofD wrote:

Sayeth the Wikipedia:
Welsh folklore says the corgi is the preferred mount of fairy warriors. There is also a folk legend that says corgis were a gift from the woodland fairies, and that the breed's markings were left on its coat by fairy harnesses and saddles.

Ooooh, okay. Its a type of Dog. Ehhh.......Sure why not. But I dont know if I would want it as a "stand alone" Pokemon. I would be more open to the idea if it simply had a Pokemon Fairy that was riding it.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:20 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'm warming up to these new 'mons quite a bit. They're getting creative in terms of inspiration for some of them. Not all (looking at you Pangoro), but some.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What do you guys think about this new tree pokemon?

Finally, they added a real pokemon tree. We already had Sudowoodo who is in fact a rock, and Torterra, but it's a dinosaur.
I remember seeing sunflowers in "The Spell of the Unowns", who weren't Sunfloras, which was quite weird because they are Johto Pokemon, like unowns.
But well, I guess this is nice, we have actual trees and a pokemon tree in the anime now.

I hope it will be grass/ghost.
They look like dead trees, and have spooky faces...
And we also already have Shifty as a dark/grass, so it would be nice to see a new typing.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I personally kinda like him.

I also do hope he is a Grass/Ghost, but I wouldn't be disappointed if he was Grass/Dark. I like the spooky feel to him, although some people say he looks like a "Digimon". My opinon on that: Not much you can do with a "spooky tree".

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Eh. A tree's a tree.

Now that fairy type, I like that. Finally, a type I can like as much as Psychic. Flabebe's the coolest, though I really think it should have been a Fairy/Grass instead of pure Fairy.
Chespin and Fennikin are real cute too, Frokkie less so.
I dislike Pancham, but my sister is all gung-ho for it. Why? Hint-hint; She also likes Spinda, Cubchoo, and Teddiursa.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I hope people are ok with tree Pokemon. Otherwise it's time to remind you about Exeggutor and Sudowoodo.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sure, trees are fine. I like executor myself, but personally prefer other Pokemon to the tree ones.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:09 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Updated rankings (just the new Pokemon slotted in).

As my opinions change, simply inserting new Pokemon will result in inaccurate rankings, but I'm too lazy to start over as the number of Pokemon increase so this is probably the last time I'll post a list.

1. Froakie
2. Chespin
3. Talonflame
4. Clauncher
5. Malamar

6. Inkay
7. Shishiko
8. Pancham
9. Sylveon
10. Xerneas

11. Gogoat
12. Vivillon
13. Pangoro
14. Orotto
15. Spritzee

16. Fennekin
17. Fletchling
18. Honedge
19. Flabebe
20. Spewpa

21. Helioptile
22. Noivern
23. Mewtwo Forme
24. Yveltal
25. Swirlix

26. Scatterbug
27. Skrelp

Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:53 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ok where is the forum thread for the new MegaEvolutions because I need a proper place to faint after I finish cleaning myself.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:18 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

When I saw this mouse and bunny pokemon: Nooooooo!!!!

But then I saw those Megapokemons...
WIE (Worst Idea Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!)

This completly ruined them, they now look horrible!!!!
But Ampharos is not that bad actually, it now look more of an actual sheep.

~Le me going to go cry in a corner in shame.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mega-Pokemon: Ill keep this short as there is a seperate thread for them: Im perfectly okay with this.

Gogoat pre-evo- Its a baby goat. Not much else to say.

Pika-ripoff-chu- Its cute, but it does look like a rip off.

The bunny- I dont know WHY, but when I look at it I instantly see Bugs Bunny. Im more open to this Bunny then those past waskly wabbits.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:38 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Probably the last time I'll do one of these:

LOVE:
1. Sylveon
2. Flabebe
3. Dedenne -- I don't know when it happened but I love every single Pikachu-like ripoff and Dedenne is no exception. He looks like Raichu swallowed a hamster, i.e. freaking adorable, and his typing along with Marill's gives me hope that Plusle and Minun will become Fairies too.
4. Fennekin
5. Vivillon
6. Spritzee
7. Chespin
8. Inkay
9. Malamar

LIKE:

10. Skiddo -- very lovable, but I doubt it'll ever be something I fan myself over because its evolved form is one of the more blah Kalos Pokemon IMO.
11. Bunnelby -- it looks a little bit herpy derp, but I still think it fits right along with Pokemon's long-standing tradition of cute bunny-based Pokemon (except for Whismur's line).
12. Litleo
13. Helioptile
14. Pancham
15. Pangoro
16. Froakie
17. Noivern
18. Fletchling
19. Xerneas

OKAY:
20. Oorotto -- the design could be a little more interesting, and I'm really scared that it'll end up as the third blah Grass/Dark-type rather than the first cool Grass/Ghost-type. It will probably scrape the bottom of the Like column if he ends up being the latter type.
21. Clauncher
22. Gogoat
23. Talonflame
24. Yveltal
25. Swirlix
26. Spewpa
27. Honedge
28. Scatterbug

NO:
29. Skrelp

And a Mega Evolution ranking:
1. Mega Mawile -- LOVE her. A Steel/Fairy-type with Huge Power? Get the hell out of here. Also I like how she looks more powerful and her Sugimori art has her a little bit more faced toward us than Mawile ever was. Better than the original? YES. Should have been a regular evolution? YES.

2. Mega Ampharos -- Like him, if only for the comic relief provided by his supermodel hairstyle and tailstyle. Unlike a lot of people, I know that Ampharos's Japanese name (Denryuu) can literally translate to "electric dragon" so his new typing makes perfect sense to me. Better than the original? NO. Should have been a regular evolution? N/A.

3. Mega Kangaskhan -- Definitely an interesting concept because Rooskhan is the one who receives the Mega Evolution, and the ability is quite intriguing. I'd probably prefer more quirky ideas like this than straight-up design upgrades. Better than the original? YES. Should have been a regular evolution? NO.

4. Mega Absol -- It's pretty weird that it remains a pure Dark-type when it now has gigantic fairy wings and could be interpreted as a fallen angel-type design, i.e. it could have been either Dark/Flying or Dark/Fairy. The design itself is nice but it screams "regular evolution" rather than "Mega Evolution" to me. Better than the original? Neutral. Should have been a regular evolution? YES.

5. Mega Blaziken -- I've never been a huge Blaziken fan but I actually kind of like this one? The black and red stripes have a nice contrast and Blaizken's giant head "feather" thing looks a lot better when there's two of them and they're standing upright. Better than the original? YES. Should have been a regular evolution? N/A.

6. Mega Lucario -- definitely the most blah of the revealed Mega Evolutions to me. His design definitely isn't an improvement over vanilla Lucario because of those goofy longer dreds, and Adaptability is a pretty ho-hum Ability to give him as well. Better than the original? NO. Should have been a regular evolution? NO.

7. Mega Mewtwo -- He's more palatable now that we know he exists to be a Mega Evolution, but my main problem with him has always been his design from day one, and being a Mega Evolution doesn't make his head tail any less ridiculous, I'm sorry. Also, Insomnia is a lulzy ability for an "upgrade." Better than the original? NO. Should have been a regular evolution? NO.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Oorotto -- the design could be a little more interesting, and I'm really scared that it'll end up as the third blah Grass/Dark-type rather than the first cool Grass/Ghost-type. It will probably scrape the bottom of the Like column if he ends up being the latter type.

I don't expect Nuzleaf and Shiftry to have a fan base as big as say Lucario or Garchomp, but blah is not the word I'd use to describe them. They can be decent in the right hands and are kind of cool looking IMO. So far we've gotten a Ghost/blank Pokemon from each of the 8 (9 counting Poison in Gen 1) special types before the physical/special split except for Grass, and Gen 6 has done a good job so far in providing new type combinations (not just new ones but ones people were likely anticipating and hoping for) so I would prefer Grass/Ghost.

Quote:
Also, Insomnia is a lulzy ability for an "upgrade."

Mewtwo's regular ability is Pressure and its DW ability is Unnerve. I shouldn't have to explain why Unnerve isn't a great ability. Pressure is like King's Rock or Quick Claw to me. It could be useful but it's not consistently useful. Running down your opponent's PP is great but usually opponents max out their Pokemon' moves' PP to be comfortable enough for dealing with Pokemon with this ability. And in Generation 6 maintains Generation 5's sleep mechanics, Insomnia could definitely be a lifesaver, especially if they buff sleep moves like Hypnosis with better accuracy, give more Pokemon Spore, or maybe even make a new move equivalent to Spore in terms of effect and accuracy. So I'm not complaining. If Mewtwo's Mega Form was stuck with Unnerve, then that would be a disappointment.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:28 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Torimian- Eh.....not really impressed to be honest.

Nyaonikusu- I like them, but not exactly love them. They do look different from most of the other Pokemon Feline's which I like.

Chigorasu- First off, Im Kinda Freaking out, CAUSE I PREDICTED THE ABILITY, AND ITS A TYRANNASAUR. Honestly, even without seeing its Evo, This is my Favorite Fossil Pokemon from ALL the generations. I really like the typing as well.

Amarusu- Its typing maaaaay make it not used very often, but its ability is quite interesting. My only question is..... Does his ability also Affect Ice type moves, or just Normal type moves that turn into Ice type moves?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:58 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

The new Diplodicus thing is just so darn cute. I want one.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Nyaonikusu. The gender-split kitties are so CUTE!

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:
Nyaonikusu. The gender-split kitties are so CUTE!

Aren't they? This is something along the lines of what I wanted to see when gender differences were first introduced. Not including the obvious ones, of course (looking' at you, nidoran, volbeat, miltank).

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:13 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm loving the Pancham family tree so far and this gen has a surprisingly strong thread of Pokemon.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next