Total votes : 51

Which starter will you choose? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

well I think I am going with the squirrel, turtle and baby chicken. :P

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

…good point about the baby chicken…

Definitely Fennekin, she evolves into a teenage bipedal vixen (テールナー - Ternar?) that's actually quite adorable. She has a twig in her tail! But Froakie might be a second choice, not he looks like he's going the way of the shinobi (ゲコガシラ - Gekogashira), and evolves into something that looks pretty cool.

…On the other hand, Chespin, who was my second, now evolves into the Chespenian version of Pignite (ハリボーガ - Haribouga). Yes, seriously. It made me laugh.

So, yeah, I'm going with the Vixen, the Salamander, and the Chick.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:50 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Fennekin's evo still crushin' it. <3 When I said that Fennekin was the second girly starter after Chikorita back in January, some people didn't see why I thought it was feminine. Let this evolution put all doubts to rest, y'all. Definitely picking her and Squirtle in Pokemon X.

Also Chespin's evolution is not bad at all to me. He's still cute. :3 And Froakie's evolution is cool too. Usually the middle Starter evolutions are pretty bad but I like these three.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:28 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Whoa, did Chespin bloat all of a sudden? Oh well. At least we have a witch incoming from the Fire line. Fennekin ftw.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:42 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The thing with Chikorita is that it has a male dominate gender ratio. Chikorita is, or should I say, was the most feminine starter. Now Finnekin is. I really would like to see them give her a female dominate gender ratio to match this. And Ternar(?) is sooo adorable! I can't wait to see what they all become!

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:56 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Im getting Froakie as my starter since in the release of the game X & Y they are going to give like 3 starters. Apparentelly they are going to give 1 of the new starters and 1 of the old 1st gen Kanto region starter, plus a torchic due to a movie/anime release in Japan so most likely my choices are picked Froakie as Water-type, Bulbasaur as Grass-type and Torchic as Fire-type ^^

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:02 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Kiga wrote:
The thing with Chikorita is that it has a male dominate gender ratio. Chikorita is, or should I say, was the most feminine starter. Now Finnekin is. I really would like to see them give her a female dominate gender ratio to match this. And Ternar(?) is sooo adorable! I can't wait to see what they all become!

They really only do the gender ratio like that so it's harder to get a female Starter i.e. harder to breed for additional Starters. The same thing is true for the Eevee line even though half of Eevee's evolutions are feminine. I expect Fennekin to follow suit just like Chikorita did.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:44 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Frost wrote:
Kiga wrote:

They really only do the gender ratio like that so it's harder to get a female Starter i.e. harder to breed for additional Starters. The same thing is true for the Eevee line even though half of Eevee's evolutions are feminine. I expect Fennekin to follow suit just like Chikorita did.

I understand that, but that started in Gen II; Gen VI is introducing some pretty large changes, and here you have a starter that actively becomes feminine. To add to that, breeding is already such a large part of the game that most people who know what they're doing won't have a problem breeding her anyway, and the gender ratio is already offset if you can just soft reset to get a female starter in the beginning, so you don't have to get a ditto first. Hell, even in Gen II, if you had a male chikorita, ditto were found right outside the Day Care, negating the need for the gender ratio even then.

As it is, the only thing the gender ratio really does is make it somewhat more difficult to IV breed the starters and other pokemon with offset gender ratios, male or female. That may be the true point, but it's still not a real obstacle in the long run, just an annoying one. So, unless they make Fenniken's final form more androgynous, then simply for the sake of aesthetics, I would like to see them give her a female dominate gender ratio. I have similar issues with Male Gardevoir and Female Machamp. It crosses and confuses wires in my head that make it hurt when I try to think about it.

But, traditions are important. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:09 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Still hard to say, Gekogashira and Haribogu look kinda cool and interesting. But Teruna seems to interest me the most. I can see so many ways its final evo could look, and they are all wicked cool. Nintendo please do not let me down. Still waiting on the FINAL evos for them, but Fennikin looks to still be the one im going with.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The middle evolutions are pretty good looking. I don't think they'll be causing any riots or anything. A lot of cool Pokemon being introduced in this Generation and the starters are among that group. Also this is the first Generation since Gen 2 where all 3 middle-evolutions are pure Fire/Grass/Water

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GO Tenar! You look WONDERFUL, you just need Psychic typage to be perfect.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:34 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

So far I'm sticking with Froakie, he looks so bad ass. Plus since I can have Charmander I'll need nothing else. Oh the happy tears

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm going with Fenniken and Squritle (I don't do many Nintendo Events).

Fenniken is my favorite (unless it becomes Fighting, which it probably won't) so far out of the three choices in Kalos. :P So she's a 99% yes.

Squirtle has been my favorite starter of all since I was a small child. :lol: So of course I'm choosing him! I would be crazy if I didn't! Well, I am crazy, but still! :mrgreen:

XD Yup...

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:36 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Froakie! I seem to have an affinity with Water starters. Except for Squirtle... Bulbasaur won that Gen. So Froakie, Bulbasaur and Jin Kaz-err, Torchic for me.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm getting all 6 starters. I pre ordered both x and y . I'm also getting 2 speed boost torchics.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:49 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I started Y with my cousin. She ended up forcing me to get Froakie... :frustrated:

At least I have my shiny Psyduck...

XD Yup...

Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:48 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

How does someone force you to pick your starter Pokemon?

Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

When you have to share the game with them. Luckily, I only have to share the 3DS. Phew.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:09 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Not a fan of Fennekin's ears, but I can look past it, still I'd go with Froakie.
Chespin is no strater pokemon material visually. Not to mention it's evolved forms.
So yeah, for me the most essential is how the pokémon makes me feel on the first glance.

Sat May 03, 2014 4:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5