Which starter will you choose?
Chespin 18%  18%  [ 9 ]
Fennekin 57%  57%  [ 29 ]
Froakie 25%  25%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 51

Which starter will you choose? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My problem doesn't lie with the types, to be honest. It just happens that I liked Blaziken's design while Infernape was of no real interest to me and I hated Emboar with every inch of my being. And at least Infernape was a good Pokemon. Emboar was awful. I wouldn't really mind seeing another Fire/Fighting, although it would kinda annoy me. But at least don't make me wanna puke when I see it.
To put it simply, while reusing the same dual typing for starters is annoying, what really bothers me is the looks. If Emboar was better made, I wouldn't hate it.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:23 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

James86134 wrote:
Think about it. Its bound to happen. There's about 293 combos for types *pushes up glasses* (I think). There's 649 pokemon. Its impossible not to double over. Yes we got starters that are Fire/Fighting. Get the :censored: over it.

Move on. Lapras, Walrein, Dewgong, Cloyster are all Ice/Water. No one cares.
Fighting/Psychic: Meditite, Mienshao. Why did no one whinge about this?
Ghost/Dark: No one complained about Spiritomb (except for the fact that it sucks).
Poison/Grass: Roserade got no whining. Vileplume, Bulbasaur, then Roserade.
Flying/Ground: Gligar, then Landorus. That about this.
Or this; Flying/Normal: (I know this is a main compartment of the game tho...) Pidgey, Spearow, Braviary, Pidove, Swellow, Starly. Enough!

I've made 6 valid arguments and no one whinged about these typings. So why Fire/Fighting?

There isn't a valid reason to whinge (because there starters! Isn't a valid reason. Big deal makes no difference. No one is forcing you to use your starter.)

153. 17 nCr 17 equals 153. There are 153 different type combos possible.

Goodbye
"

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:52 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Also Mienshao isn't part Psychic. I think he meant to compare Meditite and Medicham with Gallade.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

vggamer wrote:
Probably just do what I usually do and use both versions to trade over all 3 starters to one game and just use them all.

I will do exactly as the same as this. (although since I can't do that immediately, I'm leaning towards the squirrel thing :D)

vggamer wrote:
Though I usually make my decision after I've seen their final forms.

Except I will do exactly the opposite of this. I won't know what any of them evolve into until I see it in the game. It's way more interesting that way I think.

Also:

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:30 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I love it. Though I really doubt that's his final form, haha.

I did that with GEN 5, besides the fact subconsciously I always pick fire the first time I play the games, I thought tepig was super cute and snivy and oshwatt were kind of dumb, then played through them all blind, and ended up with an ugly boar and Samurott looking pimp in my opinion.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Except I will do exactly the opposite of this. I won't know what any of them evolve into until I see it in the game. It's way more interesting that way I think.

Good luck with that. You better make your pokemon friends swear to secrecy and stay away from the internet, because that's your best shot at not finding out what the final evolutions will be. And even then you might still find out on accident. Why would you not want to find out what the new Pokemon are?

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:07 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Not that hard to avoid seeing all the new ones. Managed to not see any of the final evolutions and 90% of GEN5 Pokemon and I was living in Japan for the year before and during the release.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I dunno... Seems kinda sketchy to me, what with you having a pixelated image as an avatar. Then again, no relevance, just baseless conclusions 'cause I'm too stupihd to mak aniemoar since!
Anyone hear about them having the unveiling of something from Gen VI next week?

Goodbye
"

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:06 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

So I have a pixelated squirrel? And what in the world are you saying in that second sentence?

I spent 3 years stationed in Yokosuka, I'm Navy, not exactly a far fetched story to be living in Japan considering how much of a nerd I am. That was a dream duty station.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I forgot you were new. I was trying to be sarcastic, obviously it didn't work. I used to be, and sometimes still am, the forum idiot, so that's why I said that.

Goodbye
"

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:30 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ah, had my suspicions. The lack of facial expressions on the net tend to make some emotions hard to interpret.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

vggamer wrote:
Ah, had my suspicions. The lack of facial expressions on the net tend to make some emotions hard to interpret.

That's exactly why I spam smilies and "!".
But oh well, I dont want Fennekin to become like this horrible thing! xD (in the image)

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Granted it would be hilarious if it ended up looking like that.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:35 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
I wish it turned out like that so it gives me the competitive edge because no one wanted to use that ugly fat thing monster, even if it has the best type and movepool. Fire may beat grass but I doubt any starter could get uglier than that thing, except for Fenniken.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:42 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ya, I can handle ugly only so much. I don't care what typing or moves you give Garbodor, still wouldn't touch him.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Samurott wrote:
153. 17 nCr 17 equals 153. There are 153 different type combos possible.

vaporterra wrote:
Also Mienshao isn't part Psychic. I think he meant to compare Meditite and Medicham with Gallade.

Yeah, 'cause I didn't say both of those things.

Reaction to above comic:
Just look at that magnificent poise, and that air of composure! That mid-stage evo nearly put me off, but that unibrow removed all doubts from my mind!

Now where's the sarcasm emoticon?

Samurott wrote:

Anyone hear about them having the unveiling of something from Gen VI next week?

Where did you hear that?
Wait. I found it. It was announced on Pokémon Smash.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:43 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Course like usual though, even the comic forgot about Chespin. The 3rd guy always gets forgotten and left alone forever and ever in the dark dank pokeball, never to be released again, forever lvl5, forgotten, ignored, alone, cold...... stick with the professer.......super cute......toads.......This one time at band camp.................... Poor Poor chespin, he'll end up looking the coolest of all 3 probably.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

vggamer wrote:
Course like usual though, even the comic forgot about Chespin. The 3rd guy always gets forgotten and left alone forever and ever in the dark dank pokeball, never to be released again, forever lvl5, forgotten, ignored, alone, cold...... stick with the professer.......super cute......toads.......This one time at band camp.................... Poor Poor chespin, he'll end up looking almost the coolest of all 3 probably. Except Froakie, because Froakie will always look awesome.

With how awesome this post is, there is an inconsistency that needed to be fixed. Your welcome.

Goodbye
"

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:22 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Chespin will not stay in the pokéball. If anyone doesn't want Chespin I'm willing to take him.

From now to the end of time I will be running:

THE CHESPIN ADOPTION CENTER

I will personally soft reset and breed millions of Chepsin, offering them to the world. Chespin will not be forgotten. He will become the best known pokemon ever. The cutest pokemon ever. The awesomest pokemon ever. The greenest pokemon ever. The most epic pokemon ever. The best pokemon in his type. The best green pokemon and the coveted, best legendary. That's right, I personally will make Chespin a legendary.

All I ask of you is to trade me a Froakie or Fenniken egg.

So help me or adopt from this Center.

Look for one near you. or you can just look on the Internet. Like a normal person.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Course like usual though, even the comic forgot about Chespin. The 3rd guy always gets forgotten and left alone forever and ever in the dark dank pokeball, never to be released again, forever lvl5, forgotten, ignored, alone, cold...... stick with the professer.......super cute......toads.......This one time at band camp.................... Poor Poor chespin, he'll end up looking the coolest of all 3 probably.

This isn't true for Generation V (for sure Black and White, questionable Black 2/White 2).

Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:49 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

@Samurott Na, post was fine before :-P haha.

Gen 5 made me happy with that, I was so excited to see 2 rivals using all 3 Pokemon like in the manga (a bit). Then of course BW2 came around, poor third guy. I'd like them to go back to Yellow/Wally and have your rival using something other than the alternate starters. Yellow was my favorite with that idea based on those first two Gary fights and if you won or lost, that was a nifty idea in my mind.

I'm thinking I really am going to pick Chespin now, everyone talks about Fenniken and Froakie so much. Poor guy is gonna be awesome and everyone is just ignoring him.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:48 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

vggamer wrote:
@Samurott Na, post was fine before :-P haha.

Gen 5 made me happy with that, I was so excited to see 2 rivals using all 3 Pokemon like in the manga (a bit). Then of course BW2 came around, poor third guy. I'd like them to go back to Yellow/Wally and have your rival using something other than the alternate starters. Yellow was my favorite with that idea based on those first two Gary fights and if you won or lost, that was a nifty idea in my mind.

I'm thinking I really am going to pick Chespin now, everyone talks about Fenniken and Froakie so much. Poor guy is gonna be awesome and everyone is just ignoring him.

:roll: yeah, you didn't read my last post, did you?

THE CHESPIN ADOPTION CENTER

Coming to a Suburb near you in October (maybe November or December)

Chespin is not ignored by me. He's the freakin cutest starter yet (apart from Oshawott and Mudkip and Squirtle. Wow, I love Water Starters)

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Walking away from water types is blasphemous, James.
Come, join us, and leave that hedgehog herp-a-derp at the door. Froakie forever.

Goodbye
"

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:55 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I saw the adoption agency, but I'm keeping my baby :-P

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:39 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Look, I've chosen water starters first for MOST of the games.

In LeafGreen (the first game I got) I chose Squirtle.

In Soulsilver I chose Cyndaquil

In Emerald (which I only got recently from a friend) I chose Mudkip

In Platinum I chose Piplup (I kinda regret that now though)

In White I chose Oshawott ( I have no regrets)

In Pokemon Y (hopefully I will get Pokemon Y) I WILL choose CHESPIN

You can't change my mind on that. Chespin will be my pick. I will not regret it. I will punch Masuda or whoever makes Chespin if they make him bad. Even if he is bad I will worship him like a god. I freakin love Chespin like I love my dog Dexter.

I seriously hate the fact that I love Chespin so much... I'm going to die alone based on the fact that I love a fictional Chipmunk with a green hat. :cry:

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next