It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:04 pm



Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Trubbish, Garbodor, Vanillite, Vanillish, and Vanilluxe 

Do you find these Pokémon to be ridiculous?
Yes 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
No 76%  76%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 21

 Trubbish, Garbodor, Vanillite, Vanillish, and Vanilluxe 
Author Message
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 4:46 pm
Posts: 28
I like them hating is stupid man


Tue May 07, 2013 5:04 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:00 pm
Posts: 1028
Location: I am Error.
filter wrote:
I like them hating is stupid man

Oh no another one... :cry:
What's wrong with not liking something?
We all have our own tastes and opinions on something.

_________________
Still searching for shiny Rapidash, hatched 1000 eggs!
Image
Thanks DragoBoy for this awesome sig and Mektar for the astonishing avatar!!!
Join: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31525


Tue May 07, 2013 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 3053
Location: clegavel
Quote:
My comment about Vanilluxe and all them being ice cream cones was not meant to be literal. I know they're not really ice cream cones, I'm sure they're... whatever in the anime. I was speaking metaphorically. And going over the comments, I can see how that may been misinterpreted. And I also want to say that I have nothing against them as Pokémon. I'm sure they're excellent battlers. I was simply saying they look ridiculous, judging them not by what's on the inside, but rather by what's on the outside. That makes everything okay.


I'm not sure if judging them based on just the outside makes everything "okay" per se, although I get where you're coming from. And yeah, just saying "Vanilluxe/Garbodor is stupid because it's an ice cream sundae/trash bag" with little follow-up does come off as harsh, hence my reaction in the beginning.

And I'm totally willing to drop this back-and-forth if you are.

_________________


Tue May 07, 2013 5:24 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Right behind you
I was being sarcastic right there, saying that it was okay. "Oh, I don't care about the real you, all that matters is what's on the outside!" I think I once heard it on MADtv or something.

_________________
If you were offended by my post, just know that I was probably kidding. Probably...

Image


Tue May 07, 2013 9:45 pm
Profile
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 3053
Location: clegavel
(Ah. Sarcasm doesn't transfer well over the internet. That, and it's very difficult for me to detect it to begin with.)

_________________


Tue May 07, 2013 9:52 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:26 pm
Posts: 47
GhostPony750 wrote:
Actually... there is too much details on new Pokemon. And when there's too much details on something, it looks horrible, like what happened to today's cars. (Talking about you, Toyota.)


This has to do with the advances in technology. Generation I was very limited on details because of the limitations of the software.

Also, details look well when done correctly. I'd be more comfortable if you said that you didn't like certain details because generally disliking details seems close-minded considering how many details there are in the natural world. There's nothing wrong with preferring games with simpler graphics, but what you said struck me as very strange. o_O


Disregarding the arguments in this thread, I think Trubbish is cute. :3
Image

I disliked the new Pokemon when I first saw them, as I did for the recently released Generation VI Pokemon. We really need to stop, step back, and just accept things for what they are. Being angry about a Pokemon design won't change anything; all it will do is cause you to be angry or upset or irritated. Just go with the flow and enjoy your favorites. :)

_________________
Image


Wed May 15, 2013 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:17 am
Posts: 100
Location: Boise, Idaho
I've often found that it takes me a while to become accustomed to a new gens' pokemon, especially with Gen 5. It took me a very long time to start to really enjoy some of them aesthetically, and the same thing will most likely happen with the new gen as well.

...Not really sure what my point was, and I still don't like the design of Trubbish/Vanilluxe lines, but sometimes patience and keeping a cool head can improve your experience in games like these. /shrug

_________________
''I believe that humanity's goal should not be complete victory, but rather a certain demeanor, an attitude, towards fighting.''~~Treize Khush-Renada


Wed May 15, 2013 10:35 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Right behind you
Arekasune wrote:
I've often found that it takes me a while to become accustomed to a new gens' pokemon, especially with Gen 5. It took me a very long time to start to really enjoy some of them aesthetically, and the same thing will most likely happen with the new gen as well.

...Not really sure what my point was, and I still don't like the design of Trubbish/Vanilluxe lines, but sometimes patience and keeping a cool head can improve your experience in games like these. /shrug

As I have been playing, I've noticed this as well. Before I played Black, I wasn't real pleased with Tepig and some of the others (like Trubbish/Vanillite, for example). I thought Chandelure was weird, as well, simply because it was a chandelier. But as I've put some play time into it, Chandelure has evolved (see what I did there?) into one of my teammates that I would not replace for all the Pokédollars in the world! Although that may be because Pokédollars have no real value... but that's beside the point!

_________________
If you were offended by my post, just know that I was probably kidding. Probably...

Image


Wed May 15, 2013 10:39 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:57 pm
Posts: 120
Location: Eating pasta in norhtern Italy~ with Doitsu
Whoa, whoa, WAIT A MINUTE!

WAIT A F*CKING MINUTE!

Unova haters. What's wrong with a little creativity? Granted, Vanillite is ice cream, but that is creative! And Garbodor? Ripped open trash bags with pipe cleaner arms. That is creative. Muk, Koffing, and Voltorb. Not creative. They are puddles of sludge, balls of gas, and Pokéballs, respectively. People never understand that.

I feel better now after yelling at you guys. 8-)

_________________
I BELIEVE THAT HETALIA SHOULD BE A RELIGION! WHO'S WITH ME?

*cricket noises* What?

...I understand... *sits in corner, eating pasta*
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image
XD Yup...


Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:38 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:28 am
Posts: 320
Thebluepik1 wrote:
Whoa, whoa, WAIT A MINUTE!

WAIT A F*CKING MINUTE!

Unova haters. What's wrong with a little creativity? Granted, Vanillite is ice cream, but that is creative! And Garbodor? Ripped open trash bags with pipe cleaner arms. That is creative. Muk, Koffing, and Voltorb. Not creative. They are puddles of sludge, balls of gas, and Pokéballs, respectively. People never understand that.

I feel better now after yelling at you guys. 8-)


Language! There are (probably) children here! Anyway, the difference between Grimer and Trubbish and Voltorb and Vanillite is that Grimer and Voltorb are the originals. Does that necessarily make them any better conceptually? No. But they have more history. Truthfully, Gen I veterans shouldn't have too much issue with Trubbish and Vanillite because they do fall into a similar line of originality that quite a few of the original pokemon had. If they do, it seems more likely to me that it stems in part from the Genwunner idea that each generation is progressively less original than the first.

But. Even if they despise Garbodor and adore Magneton, simply for the sake of originality and nothing else, then that is their prerogative, and in no way makes them a hater, which is quite a disgusting word because it puts fear and shame into having your own opinion, simply because other people don't agree with you. You say that Trubbish and Vanillite are original, and then turn around and rib into Koffing, Grimer, and Voltorb for being unoriginal. That may be your opinion, but isn't that just a tad hypocritical?

In my opinion, this entire argument over the originality of Trubbish and Vanillite is just foolish. It is, if for originality's sake, a Genwunner mindset, but it's still their opinion, which is a right that they have. It's when people make a big deal over it that it becomes an issue, because it only leads to ridiculous arguments over it.


Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:43 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:57 pm
Posts: 120
Location: Eating pasta in norhtern Italy~ with Doitsu
Kiga wrote:
Thebluepik1 wrote:
Whoa, whoa, WAIT A MINUTE!

WAIT A F*CKING MINUTE!

Unova haters. What's wrong with a little creativity? Granted, Vanillite is ice cream, but that is creative! And Garbodor? Ripped open trash bags with pipe cleaner arms. That is creative. Muk, Koffing, and Voltorb. Not creative. They are puddles of sludge, balls of gas, and Pokéballs, respectively. People never understand that.

I feel better now after yelling at you guys. 8-)


Language! There are (probably) children here! Anyway, the difference between Grimer and Trubbish and Voltorb and Vanillite is that Grimer and Voltorb are the originals. Does that necessarily make them any better conceptually? No. But they have more history. Truthfully, Gen I veterans shouldn't have too much issue with Trubbish and Vanillite because they do fall into a similar line of originality that quite a few of the original pokemon had. If they do, it seems more likely to me that it stems in part from the Genwunner idea that each generation is progressively less original than the first.

But. Even if they despise Garbodor and adore Magneton, simply for the sake of originality and nothing else, then that is their prerogative, and in no way makes them a hater, which is quite a disgusting word because it puts fear and shame into having your own opinion, simply because other people don't agree with you. You say that Trubbish and Vanillite are original, and then turn around and rib into Koffing, Grimer, and Voltorb for being unoriginal. That may be your opinion, but isn't that just a tad hypocritical?

In my opinion, this entire argument over the originality of Trubbish and Vanillite is just foolish. It is, if for originality's sake, a Genwunner mindset, but it's still their opinion, which is a right that they have. It's when people make a big deal over it that it becomes an issue, because it only leads to ridiculous arguments over it.


Well, this is true. And sorry about that. I'm truly sorry. I've been talking with my friend "Japan" about how people seem to dislike Unova Pokémon more than most other generations. I'm very sorry. :oops:

_________________
I BELIEVE THAT HETALIA SHOULD BE A RELIGION! WHO'S WITH ME?

*cricket noises* What?

...I understand... *sits in corner, eating pasta*
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image
XD Yup...


Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:33 am
Profile
THE POWER IS ON!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 1555
Location: Purple Ranger
A tangentially related rant to the topic at hand: these sweeping generalized statements are so overdone and tiresome. "You say Unova sucks, but Kanto had bad Pokemon too!!!" Like, why is that the go-to argument for every Unova defender ever? Who said anything about Kanto, or claimed that every single one of its Pokemon serves as a shining beacon of creativity and originality? Who said anything about the quality of Trubbish compared to Grimer? It's so UGH that this fanbase has to defend their favorites by pointing out that other things suck too and Kanto gets the brunt of everyone's wrath these days for being the first. I prefer to defend Unova by pointing out the sheer number of new Pokemon available, how there was a variety of animals and interesting new type combinations, how steps were taken to make Bug a better type and stuff like that.

Also, how is Vanillite creative for being ice cream but Koffing isn't creative for being a naval mine? They're literally both Pokemon based on inanimate objects.

_________________


Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:45 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:57 pm
Posts: 120
Location: Eating pasta in norhtern Italy~ with Doitsu
Ehh... This is, uh, true... *gulp*

Thebluepik1 has left the conversation...

_________________
I BELIEVE THAT HETALIA SHOULD BE A RELIGION! WHO'S WITH ME?

*cricket noises* What?

...I understand... *sits in corner, eating pasta*
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image
XD Yup...


Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:15 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:42 pm
Posts: 423
Location: North America
Quote:
A tangentially related rant to the topic at hand: these sweeping generalized statements are so overdone and tiresome. "You say Unova sucks, but Kanto had bad Pokemon too!!!" Like, why is that the go-to argument for every Unova defender ever? Who said anything about Kanto, or claimed that every single one of its Pokemon serves as a shining beacon of creativity and originality? Who said anything about the quality of Trubbish compared to Grimer? It's so UGH that this fanbase has to defend their favorites by pointing out that other things suck too and Kanto gets the brunt of everyone's wrath these days for being the first.


The reason people who are defensive against the Unova hate target Kanto is to counter the Genwunners, as opposed to saying Johto or Hoenn (even Sinnoh, although some people would group Sinnoh with Unova as one of the newer regions). So it's nothing against Kanto but just the genwunners.


Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:26 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 2245
Location: In your house, nunchuking all of your shit.
I just noticed this thread's existence, so allow me to beat an already dead horse by saying that bashing an evolution line when you haven't even played the frickin game they come from is bad. It pretty much voids your argument, as you have only primary resources and no first-hand account. I don't necesarily like Sigilyph or Golurk, but I still respect them as powerhouses. If you're going to hate on something, at least do some good research before forming an argument.

_________________
"As I look up from the ground
I see darkness all around
And I'm lost but can be found up in the sky
Goodbye
"


Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:58 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.