It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Black/white 2 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok we did just learn about this, but I have some things rolling around in my head that would just take up too much space in the talkback thread on the main page.

Anyways, I dont think alot of us saw this coming. We were expecting the same old same old when it came to the thrid game, and POW, we get a knock to the side. But this. . .Squeal ill call it for now, leaves a few questions:

1)As posted in my post on the talk back, Are we starting as Champion, and forced to find N (so no gym battles), OR we go through the main story in flashback, then travel the pokemon world in search of N, battleing the gyms and champions of the other regions (kinda like gen II)?

2)Will new pokemon be indtroduced? And since the game (s) legendary mascots are a fusion of reshiram/kyreum and Zekrom/Kyreum, can we expect more fusion pokemon?

3) Are we possibly looking at the intrduction of TRIPLE types??? Yes I see the specualtion of Ice/Fire and Ice/Elec, but I dont think these fusion legendaries would loose their Dragon typing.

. . Ok so thats just 3 questions rolling around up there. So I gues the next step is what do you guys and gals think about this? Is it a good idea that Nintendo is shaking up the pokemon world or something altogether?

Last edited by GofD on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:11 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GofD wrote:
since the game (s) legendary mascots are a fusion of reshiram/kyreum and Zekrom/Kyreum, can we expect more fusion pokemon?

Goodness me, I hope not.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I know Gen V games is a "new start" so doing something different is very interesting.

GofD wrote:
1)As posted in my post on the talk back, Are we starting as Champion, and forced to find N (so no gym battles), OR we go through the main story in flashback, then travel the pokemon world in search of N, battleing the gyms and champions of the other regions (kinda like gen II)?

I really want something like Gen II.
Maybe they do an expanded Unova region.
I don't know how would be if we start at some point of the game. The number "2" suggests a sequel.
Maybe you start all over with an expanded region.
Or the games is the same but when you find Kyurem, Reshiram/Zekrom make a fusion with it.

GofD wrote:
2)Will new pokemon be indtroduced? And since the game (s) legendary mascots are a fusion of reshiram/kyreum and Zekrom/Kyreum, can we expect more fusion pokemon?

New Pokémon are introducced in new generations so I don't expect them. But since is something new maybe we have some new Pokémon.
I saw a news about a new Pokémon that should appear in the 15th movie. I don't know if it would be for this new game or for a next generation.
Fusions are something I don't expect unless for new Pokémon. And fusions remind me Digimon.

"

Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GofD wrote:

This brings me back several hours to lunch it went something like this
*insert dream sequence fog*

Me "IT'S NOT GOING TO BE THE SAME EXACT GAME AS BLACK AND WHITE NO MATTER HOW MUCH LOUDER YOU ARE THAN ME"
My Friend "WELL I LIKE TO THINK IT WILL ANYWAY"
*several minutes and threats from teachers later*

Me "Well what if they do something like your the champ or looking for N"
My Friend "I want it to take place in Honnen or something like that"

Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I just hope that N will have a better role and appearance on Black/White 2's plot. I kinda like his character.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm already imagining the Nuzlockes.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It seems the biggest thing is the "2". This is the biggest thing throwing me off. Is this a continuation, or the main story + the continuation? Are we still champions? Is there a flashback sequence we play? Is N gonna play a bigger role? WHAT IS GOING ON??

Also, I noticed in my first post I put "dual" instead of "triple". It should be "are they introducing Triple types".. Ill fix that.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:35 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Meh. I'm not really that big on B/W, but I'll probably buy it all the same :oops:

Act Like you know.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

just realized if you get black (zekrom) kyrum in black i wonder if its like N (or other enemy) wants to counter ur reshiram in black so he uses white kyrum

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i'm pretty sure triple types won't happen, it would be way too complicated

Fire Water Earth Wind

Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:10 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Assuming black/white Kyurem are "fusions", I highly doubt it would be similar to digimon in that they do it mid-battle or any such nonsense. It would probably be a one time thing, the Yin and Yang joining together etc. type of thing. I don't think this would be too bad really, so long as "fusioning" isn't an actual combat action and it's permanent. For instance X poke and Y poke fuse when they're both in the party and one evolves with move/item Z. /shrug

Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Arekasune wrote:
Assuming black/white Kyurem are "fusions", I highly doubt it would be similar to digimon in that they do it mid-battle or any such nonsense. It would probably be a one time thing, the Yin and Yang joining together etc. type of thing.

I agree. There will proablay be a cut scene for this in the main story where we see the "fusion" take place. That's the only real way I see it working in Pokemon.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GofD wrote:
Arekasune wrote:
Assuming black/white Kyurem are "fusions", I highly doubt it would be similar to digimon in that they do it mid-battle or any such nonsense. It would probably be a one time thing, the Yin and Yang joining together etc. type of thing.

I agree. There will proablay be a cut scene for this in the main story where we see the "fusion" take place. That's the only real way I see it working in Pokemon.

Im quite excited to see it, i wonder how it happened?

Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I was thinking the new Kyurem things were kind of like Giratina where you encounter it one way but you need an item to keep it like that. For example if you give Kyurem a Zekro-rock (or some other electric or Zekrom related item) it is part Zekrom and if you give it a Reshi-rock (or some other fire or Reshiram related item) it will be part Reshiram. I think the Kyurem thing would work especially since i think they are called Kyurem Black form and Kyurem White form rather then a completely new name.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm not so sure, I think N is gunna look for a way to super power his dragon to beat the one you owned him with, I think it'll be some pagan ritual scene that'll be in the cutscene before the title screen. I'm excited to see what they're going to do with kyurem/rom's stats/moveset. They've never fused pokemon before so will it have it's own unique stats and moveset as if it were a completely different pokemon, or will it be kindof rotom-esque where it switches moves based on its form? I'm kinda leaning towards the latter.

Fire Water Earth Wind

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm not so sure, I think N is gunna look for a way to super power his dragon to beat the one you owned him with, I think it'll be some pagan ritual scene that'll be in the cutscene before the title screen. I'm excited to see what they're going to do with kyurem/rom's stats/moveset. They've never fused pokemon before so will it have it's own unique stats and moveset as if it were a completely different pokemon, or will it be kindof rotom-esque where it switches moves based on its form? I'm kinda leaning towards the latter.

Edit;sorry about the double post, won't let me delete?

Fire Water Earth Wind

Last edited by ulquiorra on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ulquiorra wrote:
I'm excited to see what they're going to do with kyurem/rom's stats/moveset. They've never fused pokemon before so will it have it's own unique stats and moveset as if it were a completely different pokemon, or will it be kindof rotom-esque where it switches moves based on its form? I'm kinda leaning towards the latter.

This will also be interesting to see. I do think we need to ask ourselves, Is this a NEW pokemon OR an alternate form? Considering they call them BLACK Kyruem and WHITE Kyruem, Im leaning more towards the "rotom-esque" explanation Uliquiorra gave. of course we'll have to wait till the game comes out to know for sure.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

According to Bulbanews they will be called "Sparkling Blue Black Kyurem and Burning Red White Kyurem" and "They will change forms when their emotions are worked up and therefore go into Overdrive status"
I don't know what "Overdrive status" means but it sounds like a new ability, like darmanitans zen mode.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I hope that the "Sparkling Blue" and "Burning Red" parts of the name can either be changed ingame, or they get changed with the 100% official english names (Are they the official names?). These adjectives sound too 'cheesey' to me, and I would change them if we could.

But I'm curious about "overdrive status". When their emotions are worked up, that could mean having low health, or their happiness could be low or high, or something...

EDIT: I just had this big thought: Maybe the Kyurem you get in B/W2 is normal like the one you get in B/W, but in B/W2 he has a different ability that will let him change forms. And the ability is different in each version of the new game so he changes to the right version. What do you think?

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Shuckle-rock$ wrote:
EDIT: I just had this big thought: Maybe the Kyurem you get in B/W2 is normal like the one you get in B/W, but in B/W2 he has a different ability that will let him change forms. And the ability is different in each version of the new game so he changes to the right version. What do you think?

Hmm, an interesting thought. Then would this mean Kyruem is the pokemon reshiram and Zekrom parted from (if im rembering the pokedex right)? This ability, would actually be the reason for the "fused" look could it not?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well does that mean that it isn't an alternate of kuyrem at all? So zekrom goes into overdrive and becomes black kyurem? Why would it's name be "sparkling blue black kyurem" when it's an alternate of a Zekrom? or do you mean that kyurem's ability in black will be like blue overdrive or whatever and kyurems ability in white will be red overdrive?
K, so I think I'm understanding now. Here's a new thought though, take white version for example. I caught Zekrom, beat the crap outta N and reshiram. Then after the main story I went and caught Kyurem. We've been given that B/W 2 is a seperate adventure, and that means as I gather, a new hero, so at the beginning of white 2, there's a red-like character whose already caught a zekrom and kyurem, and N has disappeared with reshiram. Does anyone else see a slight problem with this? how is the new hero or N for that matter going to get his hands on a pre-caught Kyurem and put him through overdrive?

Edit: Nevermind. Thats the reason there are two "third games". See in platinum you catch giratina, so following the pattern, the game would assume kyurem hasn't been caught and he would become the mascot for pokemon "grey" but, the name "pokemon grey" really sucks so they decided to split kyurem into two seprate mascots, thus requiring two follow up games instead of just the one. Sense make?

Fire Water Earth Wind

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:20 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

may I just butt in and ask this?

has anyone noticed that Kyurem has two additional signature moves to glaciate? you can only get them through cheating but still.

according to this video, they're called Ice Burn and Freeze Shock.

check them out, tell me what you think. I think its super lame that its going to be another attack like shadow force, except you dont even disappear the first turn, you just sit there and take damage and THEN attack. BLEH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNMqkRuMdOw <<<<<<<<<<<there it is. watch it.

EDIT: skip to 3:53.

Time Zone: MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
----------------------------------
Trading Thread
----------------------------------

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:16 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hmm, could this attack be what puts kyurem into overdrive? Maybe you're going to catch kyurem, then be taught one of these moves (depending on your respective version) towards the end of the game. It makes a lot of sense... And a few dollars xD

Fire Water Earth Wind

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ulquiorra wrote:
Hmm, could this attack be what puts kyurem into overdrive? Maybe you're going to catch kyurem, then be taught one of these moves (depending on your respective version) towards the end of the game.

This or maybe the opposite? I think, it will like, Kyurem -> White Kyurem -> White Kyurem Overdrive -> Learn Ice Burn?

And those overdrive form, I think it's the Kyurems on the boxart. They're basically Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, but in the boxart it's a bit different, with those weird(or cool) cables that 'connecting' its 'shoulders' with the 'tail' thingy, and red/blue glows on their body? Like this normal White kyurem and this glowy white kyurem?

Just my random speculations |D Dunno about the storyline, though

Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ulquiorra wrote:
Hmm, could this attack be what puts kyurem into overdrive? Maybe you're going to catch kyurem, then be taught one of these moves (depending on your respective version) towards the end of the game.

Mmmm, That makes sense, while at the same time, doesn't really work. That, to me, is more like the "learn a move and evolve" method. Personally, I think there is just gonna be a cut scene were we see this "fusion" take place.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next