It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Bought fake HG on ebay :( 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I was searching on eBay and came across this -> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320853241210. It seemed like a great price so I went for it and purchased one, afterwards I realized the box- :( art looked unusual i.e. no mention of Pokewaker on the front. My question is this, is that game a fake? The seller seems to have a good reputation but it might be no one else has noticed yet. The seller says the game is an American copy but as far as i know that still includes the Pokewalker.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:23 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

The PokeWalker was limited edition, actually. They came with the games when they first were released, but I don't think they came with the games later on. I could be wrong, however.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:31 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Also if it is an American copy will it work on my UK DSi XL?

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

DS systems are not region-locked. Yes, you can play any region game on any region DS.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:59 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

DNA wrote:
DS systems are not region-locked. Yes, you can play any region game on any region DS.

It's arrived now but thanks for replying :) I'm still not convinced that it's a genuine copy though, I haven't found any other sources on the internet saying Pokemon HeartGold doesn't currently come with the Pokewalker in the US :/

Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:37 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

When HG/SS was first released the PokeWalker was on the box art of the game. I own a copy of Soul Silver and the PokeWalker is included in the box art. However, it has been a while now and I do not think that PokeWalkers come with the game (In the UK, that is). I could be wrong though, but I'm 95% sure. Although, in America they may still include the PokeWalker on the cover whether they come with the actual device or not. There is only 1 explanation I can think of for that: Maybe the original owner bought when it first came out? I'd say enjoy the game whether it's fake or not. You still got it for a good price and as long as the game is still playable, go for it!

"You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true." -N

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:01 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Quote:
it has been a while now and I do not think that PokeWalkers come with the game (In the UK, that is). I could be wrong though, but I'm 95% sure
no im from uk and i got the pokewalker. someone said that they come with the limited addition ones when they were first realeased, well i got mine like a year after it was released are u sure it was just for the first 1's released?

Only Dead fish go with the flow.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:59 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Bumblini-Master wrote:
Quote:
it has been a while now and I do not think that PokeWalkers come with the game (In the UK, that is). I could be wrong though, but I'm 95% sure
no im from uk and i got the pokewalker. someone said that they come with the limited addition ones when they were first realeased, well i got mine like a year after it was released are u sure it was just for the first 1's released?

Hmmm. Well I did say I wasn't 100% sure. :/ I got mine within the first couple of weeks of it's release and I don't see any differences to a regular PokeWalker. Yes I bought it from a legit source.

"You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true." -N

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]