It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Bad combinations 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Why would they make the ONLY Pokemon who can learn both Hurricane and Thunder (along with Rain Dance), also have such a mediocre Special Attack?
I'm talking about Dragonite. Yeah, I understand he's already overpowered enough, being a Pseudo Legendary, but why couldn't they have given this unique move combo to somebody worthier? /whine
~Pegir

Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

But Dragonite's Spec. Attack is not that bad. Of course, everyone will use its high Attack instead of its Spec. Attack.

And this isn't a bad combination, I think it is a little useless. And a worse combination is a Aerodactyl with Rock Head. It can't learn Head Smash or Brave Bird, 2 good moves to use.

"

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ehhh theres worse combinations out there. Such as Volt Absorb seaking. Yeah you get a boost to your specila attavk and you resist electric attacks. Only probem is seaking doesnt really learn any Specila moves. (Boy was a I disapointed when I found t hat out. . .)

Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:16 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think you wanted to say 'Lightningrod Seaking'. But a Seaking with this ability will be immune to electric moves, and this is very good.
And something that really doesn't make any sense in gen V is a Rhyhorn, Cubone, and its evolutions with Lightningrod. They will not have the Spec. Attack boost and they already are immune to electric type moves.

"

Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

@GofD - For Seaking, that ability removes it weakness to Electricity, adds an immunity (with an absorption bonus), and boosts it's Special Attack, all at once. I do agree that it's limited Physical move-pool slightly undermines the helpfulness of the ability, but it's useful nonetheless.

@Wongz - While the immunity aspect is wasted on Ground-types, I think Lightning Rod is mainly useful in double/triple battles anyways, since the point of Lightning Rod is to draw Electric attacks away from other Pokemon, specifically your partner, who may or may not have a weakness to Electricity.

Another thing that's kind of weird is the move "Mud Sport", since most of the Pokemon who learn it are ground-type. A tad counter-productive, don't you think?
~Pegir

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:47 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Pegir, you're right about the double and triple battles, but you can easily counter Lightningrod with a teammate(s) or Mold Breaker. So, I still think it's kinda useless.
And about the Mud Sport, I've never liked this move for this reason. But Water Sport is worse, since Rain Dance has the same effect.

"

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:46 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Lightning Rod Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior is just pointless as ever imo, so what if it does absorb Electric attacks in Double Battles...

It is still just utterly useless otherwise & even in Double Battles in that case as well regardless...

Though could you imagine if Rhyperior would have gotten Motor Drive when evolving from Lightning Rod Rhydon instead of just keeping the ability it had, that would be quite useful actually as Rhyperior is shockingly fast after a single Rock Polish which is just 1 modifier boost away from the Motor Drive boost to it's SPE...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:01 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah, Mud/Water Sport are useless. The only Pokemon that actually gets use of Water Sport I know of is Budew, al or of the ones that learn Water Sport are already Water type, and a lot of the ones that learn Mud Sport are Ground type. Why does Geodude need Mud Sport and Piplup need Water Sport?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:38 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yeah i agree Geodude doesnt need mud sport and piplup doesnt need water sport but there are more pokemon than just Budew that gets use out of those moves. Pokemon where Mud Sport isn't a waste is Kingler, Linoone, Armaldo, Relicanth, Blastoise, Slowbro, Seaking, feraligatr, Slowking, Mantine, Stantler, Crawdaunt, Milotic, Groebyss, Huntail, Luvdisc, Empoleon, Simipour, and Garbodor but as for Water Sport its practically just water pokemon and Latias, but in a double battle if ur using say Empoleon and Victreebel just as a hypothetical situation, Empoleon can use Water Sport to aid its partner Victreebel. Noentheless, there are a bunch more useufl moves to use than the sports.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:26 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I still think Lightning Rod Rhydon is useful, but whatever.

But yeah the sports...not so much.

~Pegir

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]