It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 EV training locations? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok I just got a Darkrai from the WiFi event and I'm going to try and EV train it. But I don't know any good locations for training.

I want to max out its Special Attack and Speed, so anyone know good places for this?

Sun May 13, 2012 6:51 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I'll just give you the list of all the places I use, not just for the stats you wish.

HP: Liberty Garden. The Victini regenerates if you KO but do not capture it. It gives 3 HP EVs. If you can't get to it or if you've already captured it, go fight Audino instead - they give 2.
Attack: Everything on Route 1, and on Route 4, gives 1 Atk EV each. I prefer Route 1 because there's no sandstorm, although if it's swarming there the day I go there, I'll move.
Defense: Relic Castle, B2F and below. Cofagrigus has a 50% chance of appearing and gives 2 Def EVs. (The other 50% is Krokorok who gives 2 Atk.) If you don't want to go that deep, 1F and B1F have Yamask and Sandile instead, who give 1.
Sp. Attack: Everything in Celestial Tower (namely Litwick and Elgyem) gives 1 Sp. Atk EV each.
Sp. Defense: Driftveil City. Frillish is a 100% encounter rate while surfing and gives 1 Sp. Def EV. Avoid dark patches; they generate Alomomola 95% of the time (gives out 2 HP EVs) or Jellicent at 5% (gives out 2 Sp. Def EVs).
Speed: Surfing on Route 3. Basculin is 100% encounter and gives 2 Speed EVs - even in the dark patches!

Sun May 13, 2012 11:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Stunfisk and Palpitoad also give 2 HP each, making Icirrus a good place if you don't want to deal with triggering Audino.

Mon May 14, 2012 12:01 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thanks guys. Unfortunatly I haven't gotten to either of the areas I want to go to yet... But I can wait.

On a side note, Route 3 is great for training in Attack and Speed since that's all there is. That's where I trained my Drilbur (now an Excadrill).

Mon May 14, 2012 1:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]