It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:43 am



Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Question of Life 

Enough Pokemon? Or MORE?
There are enough Pokemon! Gawwssh. 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
I NEVER have enough Pokemon!!! More more more!!! 54%  54%  [ 15 ]
Honestly, I dont really care, dude. 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 28

 The Question of Life 
Author Message
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 12:49 pm
Posts: 374
Location: Off somewhere being malignantly narcissistic...
Heyyy. I just wanted to ask the question that everyone sets out to find the answer to.

Here it is.

Are there enough Pokemon? Or should they have MORE?

Leave an answer in the Poll, then feel free to post replys. And... Stuff.

_________________
Image
"What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate, and give music; what can this thing be that I've found?

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart


Tue May 31, 2011 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:37 am
Posts: 582
What would be the point of releasing a series of Pokemon games without releasing new Pokemon to go with them? The main reason this franchise has lasted so long is because all the games are different. It keeps the old players interested, keeps the hardcore players happy because now they have MORE crap to do to fill their Dex and hopefully helps entice new, little people into the franchise.

Admittedly the standard of Pokemon released between Gen 1 and Gen 5 have been slowly been getting worse (a whole gen where almost half the new poke's are Evo's of old ones, HUZZAH -_-) but Gen 5 is most definitely my second favourite group as a whole.


Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:02 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
As Mutant_Mewtwo said, unless they plan on just doing remakes from now on, there are definitely going to be new Pokemon. New Gens, new Regions, and new Pokes to go with them. I voted for "don't really care." Mostly because if they stopped now, it wouldn't really matter to me. If they kept going, that's great.

What I don't get is how someone can be on this site and vote for the first option. Seems kinda contradictory.

_________________
Image


Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:14 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:07 am
Posts: 21
Location: At my computer, idiot.
When I heard that all of the black/white pokemon would be new I thought: "Nooooooo!" I was really looking forward to seeing some cool new evos for old pokemon.
I was also really annoyed by the way that so many pokemon were blatant copies of old ones, right down to evolving the same way! *cough*gurdurr*cough*
Oh well, just have to hope 6th comes along soon.


Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:49 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
luxray64 wrote:
When I heard that all of the black/white pokemon would be new I thought: "Nooooooo!" I was really looking forward to seeing some cool new evos for old pokemon.
I was also really annoyed by the way that so many pokemon were blatant copies of old ones, right down to evolving the same way! *cough*gurdurr*cough*
Oh well, just have to hope 6th comes along soon.

Wow, I love how you used this thread to start complaining about the new Pokemon. You didn't even answer the question addressed in the OP. Also, trade evos have been around forever. It's nothing new.

_________________
Image


Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:04 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 12:49 pm
Posts: 374
Location: Off somewhere being malignantly narcissistic...
rex09 wrote:
As Mutant_Mewtwo said, unless they plan on just doing remakes from now on, there are definitely going to be new Pokemon. New Gens, new Regions, and new Pokes to go with them. I voted for "don't really care." Mostly because if they stopped now, it wouldn't really matter to me. If they kept going, that's great.

What I don't get is how someone can be on this site and vote for the first option. Seems kinda contradictory.


Yeah, I definately see your point. I just cant imagine Pokemon going on for like 10 more years or so, with new gens of Pokemon coming out every 2 or 3 years. It'd just seem rediculous to me if Pokemon was still around when I'm like 30 and I have kids, and there's like 12 gens of Pokemon.

And haha yeah, ik. I mean, I know there'd be at least one person saying, "There's enough, just make remakes!" and all that crap, so I put an option, even though it is contradictory :)

_________________
Image
"What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate, and give music; what can this thing be that I've found?

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart


Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:53 pm
Posts: 386
Location: Confidential for specific reasons...
I actually did vote for the first option, and I don't find it contradictory at all. Consider all of the effort that us Trainers have put in to fill our Dexes for over 15 years now (if you started with RBY) and ask me again if there are too many Pokemon. Every single new Generation comes out with all-new things, and eventually the line has to stop (or at least lose quality, and we've already been over that...). The only reason I personally think they've made as many games as they have is to make the money from the franchise, because it will always be freshly marketable as long as they keep developing even crappy Pokemon for little kids while hoping to keep their older audience.

The only thing I want to see now is that they use ALL of the type combinations, but after that I think they should have stopped a long time ago (or they could have just done it with Gens 3 and 4 rather than keep going past what seems to me open to develop a 6. I was also very infuriated by finding out that Unova Pokes had no intrinsic connection to past ones (mostly because of Bouffalant and Alomomola) because they passed on several opportunities for inter-connectivity with those past Gens. I love the idea, don't get me wrong, and I think it's good that they are trying to recreate the whole experience of RBY for a new generation of Pokemon trainers who didn't (mostly) get to play it. But they have far too many Pokemon now, and I will keep complaining about it until they finish combining all the types together (even the ones that make little sense), and even beyond it for mourning how difficult it will be to truly ever complete the Dex.

Admittedly, I was more impressed with the new crop of Pokemon for Gen 5 than the new (not-at-all-related-to-older-Pokes) crop of Sinnoh.

For what it's worth.

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

_________________
It's great to complete a Pokedex! So I'll need some help...

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge


Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:28 am
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 12:49 pm
Posts: 374
Location: Off somewhere being malignantly narcissistic...
AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
I actually did vote for the first option, and I don't find it contradictory at all. Consider all of the effort that us Trainers have put in to fill our Dexes for over 15 years now (if you started with RBY) and ask me again if there are too many Pokemon. Every single new Generation comes out with all-new things, and eventually the line has to stop (or at least lose quality, and we've already been over that...). The only reason I personally think they've made as many games as they have is to make the money from the franchise, because it will always be freshly marketable as long as they keep developing even crappy Pokemon for little kids while hoping to keep their older audience.


Wow I never thought of that! Haha and I shouldve, because I'm trying to get all 151 Pokemon in my Yellow Version! Haha. Feel kinda st00pid. :)

_________________
Image
"What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate, and give music; what can this thing be that I've found?

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart


Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:37 am
Posts: 582
AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
The only reason I personally think they've made as many games as they have is to make the money from the franchise


Is this the single most obvious thing I've ever seen in this forum? Most probably.

What I don't understand about all of this, is there is a really simple option if you don't want there to be anymore new pokemon. That option being, don't buy anymore new games. -_-

I don't understand the complaining about filling the dex either, mainly because I've never felt the need too, but they let you transfer over all of your old Pokes from the previous gen so...yeah, still abit of a non-issue if you ask me.


Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:07 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:01 pm
Posts: 33
Location: ROAR!!
They'rre certainly a lot of pokemon but I don't think there will ever be enough pokemon simply because they will never stopped being made until they run out of ideas which will be never

_________________
LORD BASS IS AWESOME
Highlight to view spoiler.
LORD BASS IS AWESOMER THAN YOU


Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:21 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 12:49 pm
Posts: 374
Location: Off somewhere being malignantly narcissistic...
Actually, I think they'll run out of ideas sometime. It'll be sad if when I'm like 30, Nintendo releases a Pokemon Greenish-Blue Version.

_________________
Image
"What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate, and give music; what can this thing be that I've found?

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart


Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:59 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 1556
Location: Purple Ranger
New Pokemon are the only reason I have to care about the new games anymore, so they can keep making new Pokemon as long as they'd like. Actually I'd far prefer if they could just DLC all future new Pokemon into my copy of Black so I don't need to buy anymore games I don't like/systems I don't want to buy, but oh well.

Either way, I've accepted that the nostalgic days of me blindly loving every single Pokemon in a region were over after Kanto. Yes, there's Pokemon I don't like sometimes. Who cares? They still made enough cool new Pokemon in Hoenn, Sinnoh and especially Unova that I can endure the few that I dislike.

The "they're running out of ideas" stuff was boring and repetitive back in 2002. There's a near-infinite number of ideas in the real world to turn into new Pokemon and a ton of unexplored type combinations. And no I don't consider them "running out of ideas" because we got garbage bag and ice cream cone Pokemon in BW. If anything I think Unova had a lot of cool, interesting ideas for Pokemon that the previous games lacked. Sinnoh's new evolutions that everyone and their mothers bitched about didn't really bother me either, save a few exceptions where I was like "Was ___ really so weak that it needed an evolution...?" Hoenn taught me that it was okay for new Pokemon to have superficial similarities with existing Pokemon, and that new design styles can be introduced to the series. Every set of Pokemon has given me something so far.

Also, I've never finished the Pokedex in a single game anyway so the "it's too hard to complete the Pokedex" complaint holds no water for me either.

_________________


Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:15 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 1397
Location: Somewhere in this general area.
What can I say that hasnt already been said? Not much really.

For me personally, yeah I wouldnt mind if they keep introducing pokes (Still want a ghost/steel type combo). As for running out of ideas, please see frosts post above. And if you dont feel like looking at here's the quote:

Frost wrote:
And no I don't consider them "running out of ideas" because we got garbage bag and ice cream cone Pokemon in BW.


That sentence pretty much sums it up.

_________________
A glass is never empty it will always be full of air, unless its in a vacuum, THEN its empty.


Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:37 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 12:49 pm
Posts: 374
Location: Off somewhere being malignantly narcissistic...
Frost wrote:
New Pokemon are the only reason I have to care about the new games anymore, so they can keep making new Pokemon as long as they'd like. Actually I'd far prefer if they could just DLC all future new Pokemon into my copy of Black so I don't need to buy anymore games I don't like/systems I don't want to buy, but oh well.


I would seriously like friggen pee my pants if they made DLCs for Pokemon, but honestly, I don't see it happening. But if they did, that would be awesome. I would totally buy it.

_________________
Image
"What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate, and give music; what can this thing be that I've found?

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart


Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:09 am
Posts: 102
Location: Saturn
I like new things, the only ones I hate are evos of old ones (hello DP). Gen. 2 was the best, though. All they needed was the abilities.

_________________
Well, I have officially left Psypoke. Good bye everyone, God bless you.


Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:54 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Posts: 149
Location: Middle-East
I'd rather them introduce new Regions/Areas/Items than dozens of ugly Pokemon. Like 10 or 20 awesome, different, non-repetitive pokemon for each new generation?
Zubat > New heart-shaped-nose pig.



Not that I care, I thought D/P Pokemon looked dumb at first then I got used to them then I liked them.

_________________
Image Image Image Image Image Image - Diamond
Image Image Image Image Image Image - SoulSilver
Image Image Image Image Image Image - Platinum
Image Image Image Image Image Image - White
----------------------------------
Image Image Image Image Image Image - OTeam

My Trading Thread (Closed)


Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:43 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:13 am
Posts: 690
Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Question of Life? 42.
Anyway, some new pokemon are instant success (Oshawott family, Gigalith, etc) and some make me want to do some rather evil things to Nintendo (Wubat. How :censored: creative.). But I generally want more. Pokemon is awesome and I hate very few... once again, Wubat :censored: es me off to no end. But Nintendo are awesome and seeing some inanimate objects as Pokemon will be awesome. :P

_________________
"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." -Abraham Lincoln
"You can't argue with all the fools in the world- it's best to let them have their way and trick them while they're not looking." -Brom
Credit to Jester for the avatar!


Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:15 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 12:49 pm
Posts: 374
Location: Off somewhere being malignantly narcissistic...
Haha yeah I know. When I saw Woobat for the first time, I was like, " Uhh..."

_________________
Image
"What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate, and give music; what can this thing be that I've found?

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart


Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:55 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:55 am
Posts: 230
Location: South Park
they already have over 600 pokemon i think that they have enough

_________________
Image



Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 12:49 pm
Posts: 374
Location: Off somewhere being malignantly narcissistic...
Haha yeah, well as Smosh once said:

"Over 500 Pokemon? What the firetruck!?"

Haha gotta love Smosh :)

_________________
Image
"What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate, and give music; what can this thing be that I've found?

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart


Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 40
Location: That information is classified.
I think there should be more Pokemon, the more variety there is the better right? They can stop when there over 9000! Get it? That was lame wasn't it...

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:01 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 12:49 pm
Posts: 374
Location: Off somewhere being malignantly narcissistic...
Haha um yeah kind of... :)

_________________
Image
"What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate, and give music; what can this thing be that I've found?

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart


Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:57 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Toronto, Canada
I've honestly tried to quit buying the games, but the new Pokemon always reel me in. I don't care how many they make, as long as they look cool they can sleep safely knowing they'll get my $80 for the two new Generation VI and Generation VII and so on games. I'm a Pokemon freak. Have been since I was 5. That's right, 5. 14 years later I'm still enjoying the games. I can't help it, just can't. I love the series, and I love Pokemon.

_________________
Image


Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:36 am
Posts: 40
Location: That information is classified.
You really can't have enough different kinds of Pokemon, without the addition of new ones there wouldn't really be any more mainstream Pokemon games right? Anyway, I'm quite fascinated to see all of the ideas of Pokemon Game Freak comes up with in the future. You can never have to much Pokemon!

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:46 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 12:49 pm
Posts: 374
Location: Off somewhere being malignantly narcissistic...
Haha very true. Good point. :)

_________________
Image
"What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate, and give music; what can this thing be that I've found?

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart


Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:04 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.