It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Least Favorite (Unova) Pokemon 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

There are always threads saying whats your favorite thing, but im going to do the other end of the scale.
My least Favorite Pokemon has to be magikarp. Well, until the 5th Generation. My least favorite pokemon now is Basculin. I've finished the game now, and im trying to fill my 'Dex. Whenever i fish, they always show up and their so weak :frustrated: :frustrated: !
So whats yours? :?:

EDIT: due to an unforseen circumstance including a moderator, this thread has been renamed. please continue to post all pokemon, but im asking politely here: please could a moderator move this thread to the main pokemon game thread and rename is least favourite pokemon? (the original title). the reason its here is that when i began it I was new to this community. and besides, this IS game specific as all pokemon here CAN be caught in Unova Via transfer lab ETC. So do continue to post every pokemon :D (no disrespect to any moderators)

THELEGENDARY123: Proud Founder and Owner of the TL channel: Commited to bringing you the BEST pokemon banter of All time. PM thelegendary123 for availible positions!

Last edited by thelegendary123 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 30, 2011 12:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I also dislike Basculin. For some reason I just hate facing him in the game. I guess it's because he is the main fish Pokémon that the trainers use and he just doesn't seem to have a point. I usually don't dislike any Pokémon, but this dual colored Pokémon just gets on my nerves. And what is with this whole two colors thing? It serves no purpose! :frustrated:

Mon May 30, 2011 10:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A tie between Emolga, Blissey, and Quagsire. Emolga is a annoying type setup for a water starter Pokemon. Blissey has huge HP and the move softboiled. Quagsire is deceptive in type.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

emeraldversion13 wrote:
A tie between Emolga, Blissey, and Quagsire. Emolga is a annoying type setup for a water starter Pokemon. Blissey has huge HP and the move softboiled. Quagsire is deceptive in type.

You gotta admit they all (apart from quagsire) look cute :D

THELEGENDARY123: Proud Founder and Owner of the TL channel: Commited to bringing you the BEST pokemon banter of All time. PM thelegendary123 for availible positions!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:27 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

;) Well I admit that's true. But Jirachi is the winner of coolness and cuteness!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The answer to this question depends on how you categorize Least Favorite. There are several possibilities to classify this actual answer. Seeing as the topic is specifically for Unova Pokemon, I will edit down my rant (although I was immensely enjoying it!) to only include them. My categories will include Popularity, Looks, Battle Capabilities, Evolution Line, and Annoyance Factor.

Basculin, Trubbish, Vanillite, Stunfisk

So here we go.

Popularity: Vanillite > Trubbish > Stunfisk > Basculin (at least to me, seeing how many people complain about Basculin)
Looks: Vanillite > Basculin > Stunfisk > Trubbish
Battle Capabilities: Stunfisk > Vanillite > Trubbish > Basculin (all on hearsay, Stunfisk gets the advantage due to its typing)
Evolution Line: Vanillite > Trubbish > Basculin/Stunfisk (should be self-explanatory)
Annoyance Factor: Basculin > Stunfisk > Trubbish > Vanillite

Results:

Basculin: Avg. Placement: 3.4
Popularity: 4
Looks: 2
Battle: 4
Evo: "3" (of 3)
Annoyance: 1 (inverse scoring)

Stunfisk: Avg. Placement: 2.6
Popularity: 3
Looks: 3
Battle: 1
Evo: "3"
Annoyance: 2 (inverse)

Trubbish: Avg. Placement: 2.6
Popularity: 2
Looks: 4
Battle: 3
Evo: 2
Annoyance: 3 (inverse)

Vanillite: Avg. Placement: 1.2
Popularity: 1
Looks: 1
Battle: 2
Evo: 1
Annoyance: 4 (inverse)

By this "highly scientific" method, I have come to the conclusion that Basculin is my least favorite Unova Pokemon. I'm sure I'll get some alternative thoughts to this, so debate away!

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Last edited by AEP: Master Trainer on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:55 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Alomamola because it looks like a luvdisc with wings, it isn't a flying type (even though it has "wings" sort of) , the name is hard to pronounce spell and remember.

THe only good thing is the fact that its name is a palindrome.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

While I think the worst Pokemon in all of the games is Bidoof! It truly is the worst Pokemon of all time. The evolution is not that good either! Its learnset is horrible and it is just ugly.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

emeraldversion13 wrote:
While I think the worst Pokemon in all of the games is Bidoof! It truly is the worst Pokemon of all time. The evolution is not that good either! Its learnset is horrible and it is just ugly.

What are you talking about?? Bidoof is adorable. Maybe not very usable, but he doesn't look bad.

Now, Patrat, on the other hand, is ugly. I can't say I dislike too many Pokemon; Purugly and Feebas come to mind, along with Snivy, Jarooda, Probopass, Uxie, Manaphy, Phione, the Musketeer trio, Landorus, and some others that I'm not bother going to look up. For the most part, whether I like a Pokemon or not is based on its design and whether or not it's annoying as hell in-game (since I don't play online). Emolga stands out for the last category; Double-Team on it has been allowing it to stall and take out two or more of my Pokemon at a time, unfortunately. But the design is actually pretty cute, so I don't really mind it. Just my two cents :p

EDIT: Okay, the title's been changed to least favorite UNOVA pokemon now, so I guess I'm gonna have to highlight a few. Trubbish, Garbador, and Stunfisk have recently become my least favortie Unova Pokemon. The designs of all three kinda suck; and Stunfisk... what the hell is that thing?? The only thing I like about it is its typing, but past that, it's just incredibly annoying.

Last edited by rex09 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:52 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Lillipup and all of its evolutions, their attack is just too high so I never bothered using them in the game it would've been too easy

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:56 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hey, I just hate Pokemon that are two types that contradict each other. Like Water/Ground or Flying/Electric. It makes the Pokemon have a lot less weaknesses, which is fine...unless your fighting them.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Where ever there is a game console, pizza, and a LOT of Mt. Dew...
Stunfisk. Hands down. Every time i go through that accursed section of grass, that little b :censored: comes up an ticks me off. :frustrated:

Please Join Werewolf 202: Revenge of the Nightwalker!
Please help me to hatch my egg(s).
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/FALMaster#0

Last edited by HollandM on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

emeraldversion13 wrote:
Hey, I just hate Pokemon that are two types that contradict each other. Like Water/Ground or Flying/Electric. It makes the Pokemon have a lot less weaknesses, which is fine...unless your fighting them.

Part of my rant, which none of you got to see the entirety of, included how Pokemon have this magical thing that makes them less annoying if you're using them... :lol:

Most of the reason I don't like Pokemon is that they don't have power, and they don't have too much potential. Yes, I'm definitely attack-oriented. I'll collect them for the Dex, but unless I'm playing the game entirely equal, which I've only ever done (currently doing) with one game, I won't use them after they evolve if they aren't too good...

Just some thoughts.

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i hate audino because of heal pulse. why make a move that heals the opponents pokemon

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

fifaking wrote:
i hate audino because of heal pulse. why make a move that heals the opponents pokemon

Could be useful in a double or triple battle, if you could direct it like that. Other than that, just to make it a good Pokemon to gain experience off of.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:32 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I really hate Bouffalant. It is:
A. Hideous
B. Well nigh impossible to catch
C. Yet another pure normal (i have nothing against the type, but after 35 total fully evolved pokemon that are/can be pure normal, i am kind of tired of it)
D. Hideous (yes, this requires restating)
E. Otherwise completely unremarkable. (pokemon should seem vaguely unique, yes?)

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:02 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think Bouffalant to be cool... Among Unova Pokés I must say Stunfisk because it's just horrible... The worst Poké ever is surely Arceus: he wants to be hated, just look at it... And it's an Event Poké, I hate them in general because I can never have them...

Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
I don't really like Audino or the Vanillish line. P:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:30 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

How can you not like the vanillite line? Theyre freaking ICECREAMS :) least fave has to be that f***ing watchog, serously its a squirrel on crack.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Basculin, Almomola, and Frillish are my 3 least favourite Unova pokemon. Although there are other crappy pokemon.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:14 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Ducklett. It's completely unremarkable in every way. Psyduck and Wingull are way better.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I gotta agree with UndeadKevin, bouffalant is annoying, too strong when you're training, yet another average normal type, and not an evolution of tauros. It's another bull pokemon, so it should evolve from the last one. Normally i love game freak, but here, they royally messed up.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Diamond FC: 5199-4994-9415
White FC: 0089-1661-3588

Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:59 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

American buffalo/bison (i.e., Bouffalant) and male cattle (i.e., Tauros) are not the same. They have a different genus and species.

Something that a lot of Pokemon fans tend to forget is that just because a new Pokemon looks similar to an old Pokemon, that doesn't necessarily mean that they have the same real-world basis.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

well, excuse me. they both have horns and they look a lot alike. i also think tauros could have used an evolution.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Diamond FC: 5199-4994-9415
White FC: 0089-1661-3588

Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pignite.

I don't know what to say, just look at it.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next