It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Which is easier....? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Alright, we'll I'm trying to get a Jolly Metagross for my party in Black/White and I've come up with 3 options to get a low-level Jolly Beldum (for EV training).

1) Start a new game in Ruby, play all the way to the end, defeat Champion Steven, go to Steven's house, SAVE next to the Pokeball, and continually reset until you get a Jolly Beldum.
2) Breed my current Metagross until I have a Jolly Beldum. However, I don't have any Jolly Natured Ditto (just a Naughty one) and no Everstones either.

So, my question is...which should I do? I've had to breed for natures before and I hated it, took me at least 50 or so eggs. At least number 1 would be fun...right?

Thanks,
-Pegir

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:20 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If you don't mind re-doing an entire game then you should go with option 1, because by the time you start SRing for a jolly Beldum it will be much quicker to do that than spend several minutes going back and forth on your bike just for one poke. And while doing the game you might as well catch some other pokes to train, like legendaries. And like you said, redoing the game can be a lot more fun than breeding.

Also in Ruby, the everstones and passing natures don't work, and the abilities Flame Body and Magma Armor won't hatch the eggs faster, as these only works in Emerald. So unless you have Emerald AND a jolly Ditto AND an everstone then breeding will be extremely tedeous and wastes your life. (Don't worry I feel your pain about breeding: I had to spend rentless hours of breeding just for a hasty Charmander (with good IVs)) :frustrated: .

So if I were you, do option 1. And if you don't mind hours of breeding, do option 2.

And if you haven't guessed yet, I hate breeding as well.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:57 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Easiest way, or at least what I did, is to catch a common pokemon with Synchronize and Jolly, then go hunting for a Jolly Ditto with the synchronize pokemon in the lead spot, and then breed for the Metagross.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

JsX, that won't work in Ruby, unless he does it in Emerald or something afterwards...

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Correct, but it sounded from option 2 of his first post like he had a metagross in Black/White; admittedly, I haven't looked at B/W at all, but I assume there is some way to get a pokemon with Synchronize into B/W (either traded or caught), which can then be used to catch a Ditto in B/W? Or did they get rid of the field effects in B/W?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
If you don't mind restarting your game with your Metagross in it then option #1 but if you value your pokemon enough then option #2 no question as it seems to me like you only have 1 version or 1 system with no way of trading so :| ...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:54 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Okay, so that day after I posted this, my internet went out (Comcast guys JUST left my house yesterday), so I decided to go with Option 1.

I had gotten through the whole game and up to the point where I was saved next to the Pokeball. I had to reset it about 50-60 times, but I couldn't get a Jolly Beldum. During one of these times, my dog was having a sudden urge to lick my toes (ugh), and I was going to deal with him and before I did, I subconsciously saved my game with a Quirky Beldum. Oops.

So I was like, SCREW IT, and I swore that I wouldn't give a care about the nature and I went to the Chasm place in Black/White to catch the first Metang/Metagross I saw and just use it, no matter what crappy nature it had.

It was Jolly. I'm happy it took about 5 seconds to do that, but really disappointed in all the wasted time of completing Ruby (it was fun though).

So, moral of the story? I'm not sure. Thanks for all the advise though!
-Pegir

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:45 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Your welcome & anytime of course...

Glad to see you found a easier solution to your problem then you previously had as an option for it...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]