It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Illusion 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

a seemingly useless abilty tho over wifi you could use it to your advantage but i was just wondering what are your thoughts on this abillity and all the new abillitys

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's not useless at all.

Go Hitmonchan!
Opponent sends out Alakazam!

Alakazam uses Psychic!
zoroark's illusion of Hitmonchan faded!
zoroark's dark type made Psychic do no damage!
zoroark used Crunch!
Alakazam is fainted and confused...

It makes the opponent think the can hurt you with a super-effective hit when they actually can't.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:15 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

execpt that team preview shows that zorark is on the team. in the first position

also balloon is screwed up too because it tells the opponent that your holding the balloon

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

/vXv\ wrote:
execpt that team preview shows that zorark is on the team. in the first position

If you use Zoroark later on, though (as in, not the number 1 slot in your party) the opponent may not be able to tell if it's actually Zoroark or not.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

/vXv\ wrote:

also balloon is screwed up too because it tells the opponent that your holding the balloon

Still allows you to switch in on EQ and without taking spike/TS damage, Which is very useful for Sweepers like Heatran, who resists moves commonly used alongside EQ and pokes who's setup is ruined by Toxic posion.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I LOVE the balloon. It's a great concept: give a Pokemon Levitate for a little bit until it "pops". And even though the opponent is warned beforehand, you can still make great use of it.

A great example of Illusion:
Mr. Dude sent in Zorua!
Mr. Dude's brother sent in Escavalier!
Zorua used Foul Play!
Escavalier used Rock Smash!
*Illusion wears off*
Zorua suddenly turned into Zoroark!
Mr. Dude's brother: What the ****?
Zoroark's Defense was lowered.

True story. My brother was so stunned by Zorua "evolving" in mid-battle that I managed to destroy five out of his six Pokemon, including Conkeldurr. The idiot was just tapping his screen randomly hoping he'd accidentally use a move that would destroy ME. Stupid Kyurem...
Anyway, you all see how that worked, right? He was even more confused by the fact that Zorua's Illusion didn't work, but ZOROARK's Illusion worked just fine. Zorua was the last Pokemon in my party and Zoroark was the first. You take it from there. It's just like the time I beat a grandmaster at chess because nobody is stupid enough to use Blitzkrieg anymore. Except me. He was so mad...yeah...

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

/vXv\ wrote:

You get to choose the order you send in your team, so it can be anywhere.

Also, how do you get this balloon item thing?

Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This Air Balloon is available for 48BP at the Exchange Service Corner in Battle Subway, where you can also pick up a load of useful battle items.
Talking about this item, I suddenly had a brilliant idea: You can transform Zoroark into a pure Electric-type Pokemon (Not the Tynamo family though) & give it the Air Balloon. An unsuspecting opponent would want to use Ground-type moves, (almost always Earthquake) of course. Now you can just enjoy the fun since Air Balloon makes the holder immune to Ground attacks. And as we seen in Mr. Dude's extremely hilarious example, even one turn is enough to confuse your opponent so much they messes up the rest of the battle. This strategy only sprouted in my head where it appears to be useful in theory & I haven't (& probably wouldn't) have a real chance to test it out, so there could be a few flaws...But you can feel free to try it out or vary it to make it more useful!
My mental image:
ShinyLucario sent out Pachirisu!
Random Trainer sent out Hippowdon!
Random Trainer used Sneer!
ShinyLucario used Smirk!
Random Trainer's Hippowdon used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect ShinyLucario's Pachirisu! (I don't know what it really says with the Air Balloon...)
Random Trainer used Curse!
It doesn't affect ShinyLucario who is too busy laughing maniacally!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:05 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ShinyLucario wrote:
Talking about this item, I suddenly had a brilliant idea: You can transform Zoroark into a pure Electric-type Pokemon (not the Tynamo family, though) and give it the Air Balloon. An unsuspecting opponent would want to use Ground-type moves (almost always Earthquake), of course. Now you can just enjoy the fun since Air Balloon makes the holder immune to Ground attacks. And as we have seen in Mr. Dude's extremely hilarious example, even one turn is enough to confuse your opponent so much they mess up the rest of the battle. This strategy only sprouted in my head where it appears to be useful in theory and I haven't (and probably wouldn't) have a real chance to test it out, so there could be a few flaws...but you can feel free to try it out or vary it to make it more useful!
My mental image:
ShinyLucario used Smirk!
It doesn't affect ShinyLucario's Pachirisu! (I don't know what it really says with the Air Balloon...)
It doesn't affect ShinyLucario who is too busy laughing maniacally! (Yeah, Curse is a Ghost-type move. Zoroark is immune to Psychic-type moves. Eat that, stupid Pachirisu!)
Mr. Dude randomly comes in, stabs Random Trainer in the back, and uses Hi Jump Kick on Pachirisu!
Critical Hit! But wait! Pachirisu was really a Zoroark!
Zoroark fainted!
Mr. Dude smashed the real Pachirisu's PokeBall with Pachirisu inside!
Mr. Dude won!
ShinyLucario paid $999,999 and a kidney to the winner!

Seems like a cruel idea. I'll try it out on my guinea pig brother and see how it does.
Oh, and I fixed all the grammatical errors above, including the battle. Now, I'm the winner!

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:15 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mr. Dude wrote:
ShinyLucario wrote:
Talking about this item, I suddenly had a brilliant idea: You can transform Zoroark into a pure Electric-type Pokemon (not the Tynamo family, though) and give it the Air Balloon. An unsuspecting opponent would want to use Ground-type moves (almost always Earthquake), of course. Now you can just enjoy the fun since Air Balloon makes the holder immune to Ground attacks. And as we have seen in Mr. Dude's extremely hilarious example, even one turn is enough to confuse your opponent so much they mess up the rest of the battle. This strategy only sprouted in my head where it appears to be useful in theory and I haven't (and probably wouldn't) have a real chance to test it out, so there could be a few flaws...but you can feel free to try it out or vary it to make it more useful!
My mental image:
ShinyLucario used Smirk!
It doesn't affect ShinyLucario who is too busy laughing maniacally! (Yeah, Curse is a Ghost-type move. Zoroark is immune to Psychic-type moves. Eat that, stupid Pachirisu!)
Mr. Dude randomly comes in, stabs Random Trainer in the back, and uses Hi Jump Kick on Pachirisu!
Zoroark fainted!
Mr. Dude won!

Seems like a cruel idea. I'll try it out on my guinea pig brother and see how it does.
Oh, and I fixed all the grammatical errors above, including the battle. Now, I'm the winner!

Lol, that battle ended nicely.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

hammythepig wrote:
Mr. Dude wrote:
ShinyLucario wrote:
My mental image:
ShinyLucario used Smirk!
Zoroark fainted!
Mr. Dude won!

Lol, that battle ended nicely.

What the heck...I mean, that wasn't exactly what I meant by "vary it to make it more useful" and the ending wasn't exactly defined as "nice" for me. Lol anyway
ShinyLucario wrote:
Mr. Dude won!
But wait! ShinyLucario was really another Zoroark!
The real ShinyLucario used Giga Impact from behind!
Mr. Dude fainted for eternity!

Btw the foe would probably know that your Pokemon is holding an Air Balloon but won't really know that it's a Zoroark. More illusions! :P But always be cautious and strike fast so Pokemon with varied movesets (especially Golurk which learns several powerful Fighting-type moves) won't see through your trick and get you first.
Good luck with the torture cruel experiment nice friendly playing with nice little brother.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]