It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:07 pm



Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Illusion 
Author Message
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:27 am
Posts: 287
Location: on Psypoke
a seemingly useless abilty tho over wifi you could use it to your advantage but i was just wondering what are your thoughts on this abillity and all the new abillitys


Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:19 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:57 am
Posts: 302
Location: Whitby, Ontario, Canada
It's not useless at all.

Go Hitmonchan!
Opponent sends out Alakazam!

Alakazam uses Psychic!
zoroark's illusion of Hitmonchan faded!
zoroark's dark type made Psychic do no damage!
zoroark used Crunch!
Alakazam is fainted and confused...

It makes the opponent think the can hurt you with a super-effective hit when they actually can't.

_________________
Soul Silver: FC: 1033-7425-8991 Name: Andrew
Black: FC: 5028 3780 4610 Name: Hammy


Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:15 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 829
Location: In a Secret Hideout
execpt that team preview shows that zorark is on the team. in the first position

also balloon is screwed up too because it tells the opponent that your holding the balloon

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:29 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
/vXv\ wrote:
execpt that team preview shows that zorark is on the team. in the first position

If you use Zoroark later on, though (as in, not the number 1 slot in your party) the opponent may not be able to tell if it's actually Zoroark or not.

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:45 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1513
Location: Michigan
/vXv\ wrote:
execpt that team preview shows that zorark is on the team. in the first position

also balloon is screwed up too because it tells the opponent that your holding the balloon


Still allows you to switch in on EQ and without taking spike/TS damage, Which is very useful for Sweepers like Heatran, who resists moves commonly used alongside EQ and pokes who's setup is ruined by Toxic posion.

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:15 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:35 pm
Posts: 276
Location: Hiding from the voices
I LOVE the balloon. It's a great concept: give a Pokemon Levitate for a little bit until it "pops". And even though the opponent is warned beforehand, you can still make great use of it.

A great example of Illusion:
Mr. Dude sent in Zorua!
Mr. Dude's brother sent in Escavalier!
Zorua used Foul Play!
Escavalier used Rock Smash!
*Illusion wears off*
Zorua suddenly turned into Zoroark!
Mr. Dude's brother: What the ****?
Zoroark's Defense was lowered.

True story. My brother was so stunned by Zorua "evolving" in mid-battle that I managed to destroy five out of his six Pokemon, including Conkeldurr. The idiot was just tapping his screen randomly hoping he'd accidentally use a move that would destroy ME. Stupid Kyurem...
Anyway, you all see how that worked, right? He was even more confused by the fact that Zorua's Illusion didn't work, but ZOROARK's Illusion worked just fine. Zorua was the last Pokemon in my party and Zoroark was the first. You take it from there. It's just like the time I beat a grandmaster at chess because nobody is stupid enough to use Blitzkrieg anymore. Except me. He was so mad...yeah...

_________________
Pokemon Factoid: All computer-controlled Pokemon have Serene Grace, Compoundeyes, and Super Luck at the same time.
Click the eggs/hatchlings or die. (There may be none, but you should click them anyway.)


Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:55 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:57 am
Posts: 302
Location: Whitby, Ontario, Canada
/vXv\ wrote:
execpt that team preview shows that zorark is on the team. in the first position

also balloon is screwed up too because it tells the opponent that your holding the balloon

You get to choose the order you send in your team, so it can be anywhere.

Also, how do you get this balloon item thing?

_________________
Soul Silver: FC: 1033-7425-8991 Name: Andrew
Black: FC: 5028 3780 4610 Name: Hammy


Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:16 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:44 am
Posts: 125
Location: Petalburg City
This Air Balloon is available for 48BP at the Exchange Service Corner in Battle Subway, where you can also pick up a load of useful battle items.
Talking about this item, I suddenly had a brilliant idea: You can transform Zoroark into a pure Electric-type Pokemon (Not the Tynamo family though) & give it the Air Balloon. An unsuspecting opponent would want to use Ground-type moves, (almost always Earthquake) of course. Now you can just enjoy the fun since Air Balloon makes the holder immune to Ground attacks. And as we seen in Mr. Dude's extremely hilarious example, even one turn is enough to confuse your opponent so much they messes up the rest of the battle. This strategy only sprouted in my head where it appears to be useful in theory & I haven't (& probably wouldn't) have a real chance to test it out, so there could be a few flaws...But you can feel free to try it out or vary it to make it more useful!
My mental image:
ShinyLucario sent out Pachirisu!
Random Trainer sent out Hippowdon!
Random Trainer used Sneer!
ShinyLucario used Smirk!
Random Trainer's Hippowdon used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect ShinyLucario's Pachirisu! (I don't know what it really says with the Air Balloon...)
Random Trainer used Curse!
It doesn't affect ShinyLucario who is too busy laughing maniacally!

_________________


Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:05 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:35 pm
Posts: 276
Location: Hiding from the voices
ShinyLucario wrote:
Talking about this item, I suddenly had a brilliant idea: You can transform Zoroark into a pure Electric-type Pokemon (not the Tynamo family, though) and give it the Air Balloon. An unsuspecting opponent would want to use Ground-type moves (almost always Earthquake), of course. Now you can just enjoy the fun since Air Balloon makes the holder immune to Ground attacks. And as we have seen in Mr. Dude's extremely hilarious example, even one turn is enough to confuse your opponent so much they mess up the rest of the battle. This strategy only sprouted in my head where it appears to be useful in theory and I haven't (and probably wouldn't) have a real chance to test it out, so there could be a few flaws...but you can feel free to try it out or vary it to make it more useful!
My mental image:
ShinyLucario sent out Pachirisu!
Random Trainer sent out Hippowdon!
Random Trainer used Sneer!
ShinyLucario used Smirk!
Random Trainer's Hippowdon used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect ShinyLucario's Pachirisu! (I don't know what it really says with the Air Balloon...)
Random Trainer used Curse!
It doesn't affect ShinyLucario who is too busy laughing maniacally! (Yeah, Curse is a Ghost-type move. Zoroark is immune to Psychic-type moves. Eat that, stupid Pachirisu!)
Mr. Dude randomly comes in, stabs Random Trainer in the back, and uses Hi Jump Kick on Pachirisu!
Critical Hit! But wait! Pachirisu was really a Zoroark!
Zoroark fainted!
Mr. Dude smashed the real Pachirisu's PokeBall with Pachirisu inside!
Mr. Dude won!
ShinyLucario paid $999,999 and a kidney to the winner!

Seems like a cruel idea. I'll try it out on my guinea pig brother and see how it does.
Oh, and I fixed all the grammatical errors above, including the battle. Now, I'm the winner!

_________________
Pokemon Factoid: All computer-controlled Pokemon have Serene Grace, Compoundeyes, and Super Luck at the same time.
Click the eggs/hatchlings or die. (There may be none, but you should click them anyway.)


Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:15 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:57 am
Posts: 302
Location: Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Mr. Dude wrote:
ShinyLucario wrote:
Talking about this item, I suddenly had a brilliant idea: You can transform Zoroark into a pure Electric-type Pokemon (not the Tynamo family, though) and give it the Air Balloon. An unsuspecting opponent would want to use Ground-type moves (almost always Earthquake), of course. Now you can just enjoy the fun since Air Balloon makes the holder immune to Ground attacks. And as we have seen in Mr. Dude's extremely hilarious example, even one turn is enough to confuse your opponent so much they mess up the rest of the battle. This strategy only sprouted in my head where it appears to be useful in theory and I haven't (and probably wouldn't) have a real chance to test it out, so there could be a few flaws...but you can feel free to try it out or vary it to make it more useful!
My mental image:
ShinyLucario sent out Pachirisu!
Random Trainer sent out Hippowdon!
Random Trainer used Sneer!
ShinyLucario used Smirk!
Random Trainer's Hippowdon used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect ShinyLucario's Pachirisu! (I don't know what it really says with the Air Balloon...)
Random Trainer used Curse!
It doesn't affect ShinyLucario who is too busy laughing maniacally! (Yeah, Curse is a Ghost-type move. Zoroark is immune to Psychic-type moves. Eat that, stupid Pachirisu!)
Mr. Dude randomly comes in, stabs Random Trainer in the back, and uses Hi Jump Kick on Pachirisu!
Critical Hit! But wait! Pachirisu was really a Zoroark!
Zoroark fainted!
Mr. Dude smashed the real Pachirisu's PokeBall with Pachirisu inside!
Mr. Dude won!
ShinyLucario paid $999,999 and a kidney to the winner!

Seems like a cruel idea. I'll try it out on my guinea pig brother and see how it does.
Oh, and I fixed all the grammatical errors above, including the battle. Now, I'm the winner!

Lol, that battle ended nicely.

_________________
Soul Silver: FC: 1033-7425-8991 Name: Andrew
Black: FC: 5028 3780 4610 Name: Hammy


Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:43 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:44 am
Posts: 125
Location: Petalburg City
hammythepig wrote:
Mr. Dude wrote:
ShinyLucario wrote:
Talking about this item, I suddenly had a brilliant idea: You can transform Zoroark into a pure Electric-type Pokemon (not the Tynamo family, though) and give it the Air Balloon. An unsuspecting opponent would want to use Ground-type moves (almost always Earthquake), of course. Now you can just enjoy the fun since Air Balloon makes the holder immune to Ground attacks. And as we have seen in Mr. Dude's extremely hilarious example, even one turn is enough to confuse your opponent so much they mess up the rest of the battle. This strategy only sprouted in my head where it appears to be useful in theory and I haven't (and probably wouldn't) have a real chance to test it out, so there could be a few flaws...but you can feel free to try it out or vary it to make it more useful!
My mental image:
ShinyLucario sent out Pachirisu!
Random Trainer sent out Hippowdon!
Random Trainer used Sneer!
ShinyLucario used Smirk!
Random Trainer's Hippowdon used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect ShinyLucario's Pachirisu! (I don't know what it really says with the Air Balloon...)
Random Trainer used Curse!
It doesn't affect ShinyLucario who is too busy laughing maniacally! (Yeah, Curse is a Ghost-type move. Zoroark is immune to Psychic-type moves. Eat that, stupid Pachirisu!)
Mr. Dude randomly comes in, stabs Random Trainer in the back, and uses Hi Jump Kick on Pachirisu!
Critical Hit! But wait! Pachirisu was really a Zoroark!
Zoroark fainted!
Mr. Dude smashed the real Pachirisu's PokeBall with Pachirisu inside!
Mr. Dude won!
ShinyLucario paid $999,999 and a kidney to the winner!

Seems like a cruel idea. I'll try it out on my guinea pig brother and see how it does.
Oh, and I fixed all the grammatical errors above, including the battle. Now, I'm the winner!

Lol, that battle ended nicely.

What the heck...I mean, that wasn't exactly what I meant by "vary it to make it more useful" and the ending wasn't exactly defined as "nice" for me. Lol anyway
ShinyLucario wrote:
Mr. Dude won!
ShinyLucario paid $999,999 and a kidney to the winner!
But wait! ShinyLucario was really another Zoroark!
The real ShinyLucario used Giga Impact from behind!
Mr. Dude fainted for eternity!

Btw the foe would probably know that your Pokemon is holding an Air Balloon but won't really know that it's a Zoroark. More illusions! :P But always be cautious and strike fast so Pokemon with varied movesets (especially Golurk which learns several powerful Fighting-type moves) won't see through your trick and get you first.
Good luck with the torture cruel experiment nice friendly playing with nice little brother.

_________________


Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:43 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.