It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 What's your favorite Gen 5 Pokemon (post-release)? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Before the game actually came out, krisp made a "whats your favorite pokemon" thread which can be found here:

http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=27315

But now that the game is out, tend to one your opinion of that pokemon changed. So I ask: whats your favorite pokemon and how has that opinion changed?

(Please do not confuse this thread with my other thread, that on is for talking about the game itself, this one is for talking about the pokes themseles.)

Tepig/Pignite/Emboar-> When I firts heard that the fire type was gonna have a secondary typing of fighting again, I was a little dissapointed and was thinking about using one of the other starters. But once the game relesae got closer I stated to like the Fire starter a lot more. I eventually chose Tepig and have been enjoying the game with it. However my likness of it dropped a bit once I found out that it didnt have a lot of fighting moves at it's dissposale.

Sigilyph- "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT???" thats what I first thought when I saw this guy. How can it even fly wit hthose wings (yes I know real world physics do not apply). I really didnt think i would us this guy. However I find myself with this guy in my main team for taken on the elite 4. I have come to like this odd looking phsycic typee.

Typmpole/palpitoad/seismitoad-> Again I didtn really think Id use this one either. However Ive been using this guy more than my starter itself. Also I really like its typing and movepool.

More to follow later....

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:35 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
My favorite Gen 5 pokemon has been Audino since before the game came out in Japan & I have since grown a even better liking to it, why, because it has Regenerator, it has been cleaning up the rest of the team's mistakes all game long no matter who the opponent including Fighting Types, it is a very useful pokemon to encounter in the wild & lastly, it is still the cutest pokemon I have ever seen...

Another pokemon that has been just outstanding is my starter who is now Serperior, it has even handed a majority of all the flying types it went up against a whipping that they would never forget, it is fast which I love, got even better after finally becoming a Serperior & lastly is a constrictor which I just love...

More to come later...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:58 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

>implying we need a second topic just because it's after the international release when the original topic was just fine

My favorite Pokemon so far have been Galvantula, Samurott, Gigalith, Stoutland, Panpour, Simipour, Roggenrola, Joltik, Carracosta, Cubchoo, Bisharp, Mienshao, and a couple of others. I like Reuniclus too, but he was really useless on my team. Golurk isn't that great of a Pokemon either, but I do like him, despite how bad he was in my game. Iron Fist + Shadow Punch pwned as long as he didn't get knocked out the first turn though!

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Galvantula, Tirtouga/Carracosta, Reuniclus, Throh, Musharna, Chandelure, Serperior, Victini. Not necessarily in that order, but Galvantula has remained my favorite pre- and post-release. Also Roggenrola just for his name.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My White Is Emboar, Zebstrika, Liepard, Klinklang, Samuirott, and Sawsbuck
Also Golurk (Iron giant that can fly)
Also I don't like the 3 monkeys or evos

Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:13 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Tepig, Blitzle, Minccino, Cinccino, Pidove, Victini, and Volcarona. Are my favorites because they are either really cute, or they are part of my favorite type.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Tepig's evolutionary family, Sigilyph, Joltik, Sandile's family and Tirtouga so far. I'm still pretty unfamiliar with most of the Gen V Pokemon, but those stuck out to me so far.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sandile/krokkrook, krookodile-> This has been my most used poke. Its gots me out of some tight spots, thanks to it's Moxie ability. Firts poke of mine to get to lvl 50.

Pansage-> I found him good in the begining, but after I caught tympole, I eventually boxed pansage.

Blitzle/ zebstrika-> this is another poke id thought I wouldnt use, but ended up keeping throguh the game...

Mor to come.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So far my fav starter has done a complete switch... I thought I was going to love Tepig's line, but when I started the game up finally, I had to go with Snivy. Serperior is awesome to me now. I also love my Boldore/Gigalith, Sigilyph, and Zebstrika. I also like Victini... but I'm kinda hoping to replace him.

Edit: Add Chandelure to the list! :3

Last edited by Arekasune on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ferroseed/ ferrothorn-> Finally a grass type that I can be exited about. And one that is immune to poison!! Im realy likin this guy, and I feel that I can create a moveset for it that will work rather well (hopefully it wont fail like my power shift shuckle...). IT somehow reminds me of shuckle, only ferrothorn has a more balanced set of stats.

stay tuned for more...

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well I've finsihed my first run through with a team of Emboar, Zebstrika, Gigalith, Stoutland, Beheeyem and Basculin and I've decided to start again right off of the bat.

Over the game I've grown to loathe 3 of them (Stoutland, Zebstrika and Basculin), have no like nor dislike to one of them (Emboar) and have become quite fond of both Gigalith and Beheeyem.

Sadly, I think I only really like those two because in a region that seems so extremely fragile they could both actually take a hit. They were far from perfect but god they were better than my others, just be able to switch in and not die, was like a god send.

Hopefully I'll be more cheerful on my second play through when I pick my pokemon with a bit more care as opposed to what I saw first.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:44 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like Archen and Petilil the best surprisingly. Archen I was expecting I would like, with it's awesome attack stats, and then the use of Acrobatics with no help item, it can take on anything that it is just regular effective against in just one turn. Petilil I have holding a big root and using leech seed, synthesis and giga drain. I forget what it's forth move is right now. Anyway, it has amazing regenerative abilities, especially with it's defense relying more on its defense stat than its HP stat, so it regenerates a much larger percentage of health per regen move.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:07 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Roggenrola was a pokemon I wasnt expecting to like much at all, since I considered it to just be a Geodude clone. However, after capturing one and using it, it was easily the MVP of my team for the first half of the game. I evolved him to Dullbore Boldore and then immediately into Gigalith once I reached Castelia (thanks Krisp) and he kept kicking ass. He became a bit less useful after Elesa, but was still a solid contributer.

I said Gigalith was the first half MVP, and thats because Galvantula was the second half MVP. Galvy was easily the best pokemon on my team, sweeping Skylas entire gym with nothing but Charge Beam and only requiring a Pokecenter visit to get back its PP. Later, she got every KO in the last battle against N, and the only other pokemon I used was Zekrom to weaken his Reshiram. Compoundeyes Thunder made Galvy amazing, and shes probably now my second favorite Gen5 mon, behind only Reuniclus, who is adorable. Speaking of adorable, JOLTIK IS ADORABLE THIS IS IRREFUTABLE.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:28 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I like a lot of them. Heatmor sounds like a Hand Warmer product on an infomercial or something, but it looks cool.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My favorite, by far, is Oshawott. However, However, my second favorite is Reshiram.
Yes, I get crazy around Fire Dragons.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I liked Reshiram as soon as I saw it, and cant wait to catch my own

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'd have to say archeops or audino. Stoutland, mienshao and reuniclus get an honourable mention for being my main league pokémon, but archeops is just brilliant.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:11 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Out of the ones I listed, I can't really say that I love Hydreigon, Sigilyph (god I hate trying to type that) and Maractus. I didn't get to use a Gothitelle because I had a friend trade me a Ralts egg so I went through the game with a Gardevoir instead.

I've grown increasingly fond of Lilligant and Chandelure, though. I ended up breeding for a shiny Litwick because the shiny is so ~splendiforous.~ (It even had a good nature and stats, which was pretty sweet.) Archeops and Scrafty also have a place in my heart now. Scrafty is an awesome mohawk pantslizard and Archeops destroys everything until it gets below half HP.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:28 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Solosis.duosin and its evo whose name escapes me right now-> I like the idea behind them, but I wouldn't see myself using it all that much. It has a good Sp.Att, but the rest of its stats are horrilbe. I mean SHUCKLE could take this thing out. If I was gonna use a pshycic type it be Sigilyph or Alakazam.

Zekrom-> Looks awsome. And i Enjoy using it (when I do us it)

Maracctus-> Ok so it's a cacturnish type pokemon but with out the immunity to sandstorm? and yet it's found in a desert? I dont get it.. I didnt really use this one until the driftveil gym. Dang Palpitoads...But when I did us it , it was alife saver! Maily because water absorb on a grass type really works. (and make logical sense.).

Venipede, whirlipede, scolipede-> I kept this guy on till.. Im gonna say the 6th gym then I had to swap him out for something a bit better. I did enjo my time with it and hope that I can incprporate it into a team for future battles.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:01 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I really ended up liking Amoongus and Ferroseed! They are really good to use in game.

Maractus is also fun to look at. It makes for a great Pokémon!

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Cubchoo is, without a doubt, the most adorable pokemon ever made. Plus, Beartic looks exactly like the bears in the turtle game in the arcade in Grammar Rock. I used to spend hours on that game.

Braviary and Tirtouga are really cool, too.

Platinum FC: 3138 1192 9729

Black FC: 5243 1215 3490

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Vanilluxe. I just think it's an awesome Pokémon.

It's faces are adorable, but what really sells me is the straw. And of course, it learns some pretty decent moves too.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mutant_Mewtwo wrote:
Hopefully I'll be more cheerful on my second play through when I pick my pokemon with a bit more care as opposed to what I saw first.

Well I was right, just picked up my 6th badge and am having a much better time of it with my new batch of pokemon, 2 in particular mind.

Excadrill, my most powerful pokemon (adamant ftw) and he looks just freaking awesome. I'm glad I picked him up on the GTS, only cost me a herdier aswell. XD

Scolipede, for what I believe is the first time I've gotten more than half way through the gym challenge without my resident bug type getting outclassed by my other pokemon. Just as fast as my Serperior, reasonable attack and defences. Typing stops him being brilliant but STABed Mega Horn off of Base 90 attack still hurts regardless. I <3 my Scolipede.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

One poke that has surprised me a bit is Accelgor. I've never really been one for bug types in the past (not since butterfree anyway), but I think this guy is awesome - with his great speed, decent Sp.Att and versatile movepool. Resistances to ground and fight (and somewhat less importantly: grass) help endear him to me further. Hydration is a pretty great ability too.

Design wise, he wasn't one that I immediately picked out when I saw the complete B/W list, but now I think he might be one of my favourites of this generation. Others to get an honorable mention are: Bisharp (9 resistances and 2 immunities? nice), Roggenrola, Volcarana, Galvantula, and Escavalier... actually, just realised that I'm really digging the bug types in this gen. Kudos, Gamefreak.

Also, in what surprises me further: I don't hate the Axew evolution line. Axew himself is pretty cool, and for yet another stereotypical dragon type I think they could have done worse...

And did. My theory is they got all the "suck" out the way with Hydreigon and Druddigon (who is just repulsive). Or maybe Hoxorus only looks good in comparison. Either way, I'm fairly happy to find a dragon type that I don't dislike.

I have to say in general, generation 5 has been pretty solid for good pokemon in my opinion.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Druggidian(The dragon with the rough skin ability)- OK this Guy is an awsome physical sweeper. Yes he is slow, but put revenge on him, and its not as big of a deal. His defense could be a tad bit higher, but meh. I currently have my guy holding a rocky helemt and the combination works great. I also really like his apperance. Big mean and feirce.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next