It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Now that we have the games in our grubby little hands... 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@Darck Aridos-> MInd pasing around your lucky items ?

Anyways, I am again having problems connecting with people via palpad. I was getting exicted when I was connecting with people via the GTS Negotiatioins, thinking That I was fianlly gonna be able to connect with peopl and then I get he freakin connection Issue. MInf you Ive only ried it with one person and that person already stated he's having trouble, I have no idea why im complaing. I probably just got my hopes up too much...

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Reguarding high level wild pokes.
Also note that it is possible to find Extremely powerful pokemon in the Wild
Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Mamoswine

Reguarding Feathers you can use as many as you want on a pokemon, which means you can EV train that Lvl 100 Arceus you got at the movie event

I captured a Shiny purrlion and I brought Pokerus to my game as soon as I got the relocater

reguarding the gts/wi-fi problems, due to the earth quake in japan They have shut down most of the servers so servers are more bogged down. also Its best to go on wi-fi during non standard hours basically when japan/USA are ethier in school or asleep, japan is 13 hours ahead of me so I find it best to do wi-fi trades/battles between 9 PM and 3AM

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:47 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Bad:
- Cant check IVs / Nature of your Zekrom/Reshiram before the game autosaves after defeating N / Ghetsis! Normally, when Im about to catch a legendary, I save just before the encounter, catch it, check IVs/Nature and if they are not good, I reset and try again, can only do that in this one if you feel like fighting N / Ghetsis again and again - And could N talk any more after defeating Ghetsis at the end of the game?! And nothing he says makes any sense, this whole team plasma story line is ri-g*d-da**m-diculous!
- Why do all the NPCs on the routes available to you after defeating the elite four have pokemon at lvls in the mid-60's? The party I just used to beat the elite four are all around lvl 50, i cant fight these new guys yet. I guess ill have to import higher lvl pokemon from gen IV...

Good:
- caught a shiny pidove in the first 20-25 hrs of game play, awesome!

Overall i like the game, especially all the new type combos.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Gen1Fan wrote:
Bad:
- Cant check IVs / Nature of your Zekrom/Reshiram before the game autosaves after defeating N / Ghetsis! Normally, when Im about to catch a legendary, I save just before the encounter, catch it, check IVs/Nature and if they are not good, I reset and try again, can only do that in this one if you feel like fighting N / Ghetsis again and again - And could N talk any more after defeating Ghetsis at the end of the game?! And nothing he says makes any sense, this whole team plasma story line is ri-g*d-da**m-diculous!

Not entirely true You can't easily check IVs and Naures but You can Calculate them. I got an Adamant Zekrom with 25/28/22/5/21/26 it also goes faster with a synchronizer first. just checks its stats during battle with N

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GofD wrote:
@DarkAriados: Mind passing around your lucky items?

LOL... I do look for four-leaf clovers and am quite good at finding them, but I leave them where they are.

...I have now progressed much further through the game. Steamed through the last few Gyms and finally defeated the Elite Four, got my dragon (don't care about IVs or natures, Reshiram is made of awesomesauce because I nicknamed it Angelfire!) and managed to defeat N and Ghetsis, with difficulty.

My battle team needs a LOT of training before I can venture out onto Route 11, though.
And I want Pokemon White as well, because it has Braviary.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:37 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, route 11's pokes are REALLY high. I honestly wasnt preparrd for that.

Im am a little disspointed though. I was in GTS negotiations for over an hour looking for someone with blacks raptor (starts with a V and I cant remember what it's called.). I m kinda wishing I could see it in game so I could go to the GTS instead.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GofD wrote:
Yeah, route 11's pokes are REALLY high. I honestly wasnt preparrd for that.

Im am a little disspointed though. I was in GTS negotiations for over an hour looking for someone with blacks raptor (starts with a V and I cant remember what it's called.). I m kinda wishing I could see it in game so I could go to the GTS instead.

Its Vullaby and or Manibuzz

Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:13 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

What I like: Infinite use of TM's is a dream come true.
Now that pokemon move in battle it's a lot better than stationary stances
Graphics are amazing, hands down...the first time I was on skyarrow bridge it took my breath away,
The new duel type pokemon like frie/psychic, fire bug, and Ice dragon
Finally the fact that this time there is no starter pokemon left over I wish I could steal LOL!

What I don't like: Only 8 TM boxes? Seriously? Now there is no way I can nave every pokemon at one time
That is all

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@ zoroark13

You do get more boxes as you fill them up. Currently I have 24 boxes, so yes they do go up in #.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:48 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The best thing about the new game is that you're given everything you need in the story, when you need it. You don't have to go through all this randomness to find where different key items are and all that, which is so much nicer because after a while, I get very impatient with the game (like in Heart Gold, I just put it down for a few months because I couldn't figure out what to do). The game focuses more on battling instead of having to carry around an HM pokemon everywhere with you. Like walking through victory road. Did anyone else notice that you did not actually need any HM's to get through? there were side paths you could take with HM's to get items, but you didn't actually need an HM to get through the cave. To me, that is the best part. Being able to focus on the battling and stuff rather than the annoying puzzles and hide-n-seek-with-items that made up the last generations.

Battling
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:47 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yes it was very refreshing that you didnt need to have a pokemon as an hm slave. I did however try to get every item, ther is a few that I missed and will get later after I finish making my team a bit better for the battle subway.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well I am sure that everything I am about to say has been covered ten times over in previous posts, but I thought I would still go ahead and throw my two cents in and discuss what I have noticed on my current play through of the Black version.

Overall, I would say that this is by far one of the weakest games I have played that involves Pokemon in general. The story is just... awful, not that any of the stories over time have been anything special but this one is total garbage. So far I have 3 gym badges so I am only able to comment on what I have experienced thus far in the game. I despise the pixelated animated sprites when in battle. I encourage the fact that they are animated and I am sure that in time they will be smoother, but it makes me feel like I am playing an old school game instead of the newest generation. While I am intrigued by the starters and am quite happy that I have picked outside of a fire type for once (I chose the water one this time around) I have to say that overall these are my least favorite starters from any generation. While I admit I love the attempt at making a 3D version of a city other than the never ending 2D version, I think it could have been better. My final complaint about the English version, is going to have to go to the utter lack of creativity in names of the Pokemon and the design of the region layout as compared to the other layouts we have seen in the past. I have yet to use the C-Gear so I cannot comment on it.

Now for the good things that I like about this game, the first thing that really made me happy was the fact that TM's can be used as many times as you want. This is an excellent idea and I am hoping that it carries on through all of the future games. I like having the mart, Pokemon center, and GTS all in one building. It is SO convenient not going through 3 separate area loads before you can be on your way. The Nurses and Doctors that you encounter on different routes are very handy. Not yet having "Fly" it is nice to just be able to go back a few steps instead of walking all the way back to a city/town when you are grinding it out in the wild. I like the creativity of the Gyms, the area's that they are located in and the actual structure of the gyms themselves are really well done. The first 3 alone have all had me comparing them to the best single one of other versions I have played. I like the updated "start menu" having all of it on the touch pad to access quickly, while I am not all that thrilled with the new layout of the bag. However, my favorite new feature is having multiple allies/rivals to battle n your journey. The fact that all 3 of the starters are being used not leaving one out, the amount of XP earned from them which helps your team out a lot. It was just an all around good idea to add new characters, even though your two friends in this game are... dee dee dee to say the least.

All in all this game is playable, but I would not consider this better than Gen 4 for a lot of reasons. I doubt that I am going to pour the same amount of hours into this game as I have to others in the past.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I love the random battle function. Sad part is, I suck at it. I also like that the Pokemon move now, instead of looking like they're always 100% paralized. I just wish that we could transfer from Gen 3 without going through Gen 4 first. :(

Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3