It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Now that we have the games in our grubby little hands... 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My complaint isn't the story itself (its the same story, as always just with new region, new pokemon, new gym leaders, etc.), its ****ing Team ****ing Plasma and there dumb as **** goal. Seperate Pokemon from humanity? Yeah, like THAT's going to happen. It's one of those story lines that doesn't make any sense, and we've seen some stupid teams in the past (Aqua, Magma, looking at you), but seriously this takes the cake. For the life of me I can't understand why you would make the evil team's goal defeat the purpose of the game, I'm half expecting N to drop his Pokeball, run up and attempt to fight off my Emboar with his fists like he's Chuck Norris or something. Makes. No. Sense.

Either way, good game, I do have to say the level curve is somewhat steeper than I'm used to, as you can't exactly rush through this game without getting your *** beat by something. I find myself grinding quite a bit, but it's nothing terrible since the experience gain in this game works out in favor of your weaker Pokemon.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I just beat the Elite 4 (firts time) yesterday, along with who followed (not stating to prevent spoilage). I must say that the elite 4 wasn't as hard as I thought they would be a bit harder. I did find what followed after the elite 4 rather tough though. IM really glad I save all my max reveives.

A word of warning_> after Iv'e beat the elite 4, I wnet to route 15, the levels of the pokemon the trainers have SPIKED quite a bit (lvl 62 gulpin??).

I really dont like how they made us able to transfer pokemon. Whats was wrong with what they did in DPP? I really do not like the crossbow shooter...

Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:54 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Magus wrote:
My complaint isn't the story itself (its the same story, as always just with new region, new pokemon, new gym leaders, etc.), its ****ing Team ****ing Plasma and there dumb as **** goal. Seperate Pokemon from humanity? Yeah, like THAT's going to happen.

I have a good feeling that Team Plasma is supposed to be a parody of PETA.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:30 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

GofD wrote:
I really dont like how they made us able to transfer pokemon. Whats was wrong with what they did in DPP? I really do not like the crossbow shooter...

And? At least you're able to transfer as many pokemon as you want. Would you rather go back to being able to transfer only six per day?

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:16 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kurushel wrote:
GofD wrote:

And? At least you're able to transfer as many pokemon as you want. Would you rather go back to being able to transfer only six per day?

Point taken. Let me expand upon what I said before.

I do like the fact that I can transfer an unlimited amount of pokemon per day. What I dont like is the mini-game that follows to transfer the pokemon. I just find it... unnecassary. I persoanlly dont find it that enjoyable, but thtas just me. I would have prefered if they had just transfered them over and be done with it.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasonTheChef wrote:

I agree with that, but at least PETA makes more ****ing sense then Team Plasma. Team Plasma is a group of under educated grunts who like to make up words, tards who think their doing something good or just want an excuse to do something obviously bad, and hypocrites. Yeah, great team you assembled there. >_>

The issue here is that Team Plasma seems unorganized, underdeveloped and over all just plain stupid. They could've just put N in the game rather than the whole organization and been better off.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:28 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Magus wrote:
MasonTheChef wrote:

I agree with that, but at least PETA makes more ****ing sense then Team Plasma. Team Plasma is a group of under educated grunts who like to make up words, tards who think their doing something good or just want an excuse to do something obviously bad, and hypocrites. Yeah, great team you assembled there. >_>

The issue here is that Team Plasma seems unorganized, underdeveloped and over all just plain stupid. They could've just put N in the game rather than the whole organization and been better off.

I think that was the point of Team Plasma & Ghetsis more importantly, that they were just making excuses to do something obviously bad that actually was well planned but poorly executed to say the least...

This I agree with on the later end of it, the team was underdeveloped & stupid & N was clearly the best character they had going for them, hey, he was the only person who had character for among them honestly...

Oh & I like this considering the experience curve of the game but I general don't like how many places & scenarios there were that allowed you to fully restore your pokemon to full health, the routes were okay but some other times were just unnecessary to say the least but whatever...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:52 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

My favorite new feature is way they changed the Select/Y key item register. Before you could only have one (or two in HGSS) items registered, but now you get to put checks next to the items you want to register and when you press Y, a checklist with all your registered items appears and you select the one you want. It's really quite handy, obviously the ones most people are going to use are the Bike, Dowser, and maybe the Super Rod, but to not have to go into the bag to find other items is handy. Speaking of the Dowser, I really like how it automatically alerts you to hidden items now and stays up on screen unless you purposely take it down; I didnt think anything could beat the Dowser in hgss, but this does.

I hate the C-Gear though, I would much prefer the menu or another Poketch. Has anyone figured out a way to stop it from asking if you want to turn it on when you start the game?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I also feel that team plasma is a rather weak, on the "story aspect" of it. N was fleshed out significantly better than past leaders.

I also do like having more than one item to the y-button. Makes things that much easier.

And the C-gear is a pain in da behind, and totally usless until they get the servers up for the dream world and the high link up.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I absolutely love this game, for all the good reasons already posted here. Graphics, the new pokes, all the small adjustments to inventory/etc.

However, I can't help but feel a lack of the "magic" that I've felt in previous Gens (so far at least)

The main story part of the game didn't seem to last very long, and that's because there's not really much to do or explore so far for me. Even Victory Road, which is usually the most pain in the butt maze ever in previous games, is simple and, more importantly, very easy. I also personally HATE how little HMs are used. I know, I know, HMs were always a pain, BUT at least they allowed them to put in lots of little extras and secret places where you needed 8 out of 9 HMs or whatever to access, and that always lent a very "exploring the unknown" feeling to them.

I also think the route levels are kind of odd. Like, they saved half of the region for -after- you beat the Elite Four, which would be fine, except for that I keep running into level 65 versions of first stage pokemon. I even found a level 62 Metapod, which I refused to catch just out of principle.

I realize that both of these things are solely personal preference, but the stage 1, level 60+ pokes running around threw me for a loop. It just seemed awkward.

Ultimately, the pace of the game is off to me. This is due in part to the two things I mentioned above, but other small things as well. For example: No fishing rod until beating the E4? The what?

Anyways. There's my thoughts, and keep in mind I still really love the games :)

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:22 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My only complaint so far is that I havent caught Pokerus yet, I really could have used that for EV training my team, it took me like 20 hrs without pokerus, macho brace or vitamins! lol

btw, anyone know where to buy vitamins in gen V yet? Is it somewhere in castelia?

Oh and anyone know if the abilty to remove misplaced EVs is in Gen V? You know, like the Qualot, Pomeg, etc berries used to do?

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:13 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Complaints:

1.Virizion having Giga Drain

When something you want to catch can recover its own HP, it gets annoying very quickly. But this thig is legendary, and that makes it even worse.

2. The Preschoolers

Seriously? Didn't you have to be 10 to legally own Pokemon?

Secret?

I think that if you press right on the C-pad just before throwing a Poke ball with precise timing, the animation changes and the catch is always successful. I've only got it to work five times. The ball will only shake once before locking.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:08 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

That's probably cause it is something that happens at random, I have only had it happen 3 times so far & I am done with the story like 2 days ago...

If it isn't random, I would love to learn how to possibly do it though, though I doubt it is anything but random dearly...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Not really a secret as info was released about it. It's called a 'Critical Capture'. Has nothing to do with the C-Pad. But everyone has always had their own little theories about improving catch rate. I still hold B every time the pokeball opens up. XD

One thing I have noticed, that quite frankly makes no difference what so ever but still a tad annoying that it managed to slip through all the beta testing and such, but if you tap X like a mad man whilst Walking/Cycling/Running/Surfing anywhere where you can have wild encounters, just as a Wild Pokemon appears the game pauses and the Wild Encounter is cancelled.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Something that ya cant really control in the game is the GTS. "Hey ill give you my lvl 1 ____ for your lvl 100 Zerkom!" See what I mean?

That said GTS Negoiations, works MUCH better. But oyu still do get unresonable offers, but not much you can do about that. I was also a little surprised that I could even USe the negotiation feature.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:17 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I like the game, the only downside is the items
In HG and SS it was so easy to see and move items around. they change it back to a list in this game....

Also, I like how pokemon close their eyes when their asleep, but some pokemon don't!
I would it more if all the pokemon closed their eyes.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:25 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

hammythepig wrote:
I like the game, the only downside is the items
In HG and SS it was so easy to see and move items around. they change it back to a list in this game....

Also, I like how pokemon close their eyes when their asleep, but some pokemon don't!
I would it more if all the pokemon closed their eyes.

I'll assume you mean via the Storage Box in which case I agree...

But some pokemon don't have eyes that can close so it makes some sense actually, though I do see your point...

Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm starting to doubt whether I should buy this game...

1. I don't have much money. Being poor sucks.

2. Soul Silver has been the only game I could appreciate since GSC, and that's for an obvious reason... so I'm not sure if I'd really like this one judging on some of your reviews.

Are there any REALLY BAD things about the game, or really good things?
One thing though, I don't care about the grinding. I played Digimon World DS and if you've played Digimon and understand the concept of how getting those things works, you know that grinding in Pokemon isn't all that bad.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
Are there any REALLY BAD things about the game, or really good things?

For the most part I think people are finding the story and the grinding the biggest problems. (I personally dont mind it). Other than that I think there's just a bit of persnal prefence mixed in there too.

I just found this out. You can register the dex to the Y button. AND the stats and moves of your poke's. I ve got it the point where I only need to press X for the save tab. GENIUS!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:56 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm not very far in, however I'm far enough in to make the observation that having a girlfriend makes it hard to have an uninterrupted session of pokemon...

On a more relevant note:

I don't like the names. A few of the pokemon nmes just seem far to silly or close to english words, like Pansear or Gerdurr.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm pretty sure Gurdurr was named that to be purposefully close to the English word, same with Krookodile and Fraxure, etc. It was probably an attempt at throwing a few puns in there. Don't quote me on that because there's also a possibility that they're horribly attempts at trying to translate the names so that an English audience gets the name. Either way a good amount of the names somewhat fail in comparison to names in the past (which is saying something).

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Some of the names do seem a little unimaginative. But for the most part, I find the names ok. The names arent something that would get me up in arms.

What is bugging me right now is the freakishly high lvls of the stage one pokemon you meet in the wild. Kinda doesnt make sense to me when ALOT of the battle opportunites (battle rooom, random matches, battle subway) are set to lvl 50. Now what is the point of catching a lvl 64 clefairy, only to have it DROP by 14 lvl's? For that matter, whats the point of raiseing a pokemon up to lvl 100? Yeah, if you have people to battle with in your palpad or in your immediat area, thats not a big problem. But what about the people who cant battle other people like that? What aabout people who donat have access to WIFI? Yeha it's great for new players, but for "experianced " whats the point? Not only that, for someone who EV trains (and doesnt have a truck load of wings) it seems like a waste of time to EV train now. However I think it makes breeding much easier for those who do a lot of breeding (higher lvl makes it easier to figure out IV's).

OK there's my rant. Enjoy.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

GofD I'm fairly sure that you can buy Vitamins in the mall on Route 9, so you don't need to run across that bridge like a 'tard to get wings.

I do have to say the level increase in the post-game is steep, it went from the highest level being maybe level 50, now the lowest you'll run into (trainer-wise) is Lvl 60. It's kinda weird running into the Dream Field and being challenged by a trainer with a team of Lvl 60's when I was expecting lvl 40's. >_> It's not necessarily a complaint as those Pokemon are just EXP and not an actual threat but it did throw me off.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:14 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Magus wrote:
GofD I'm fairly sure that you can buy Vitamins in the mall on Route 9, so you don't need to run across that bridge like a 'tard to get wings.

Ahhhh that takes all the fun out of it....

Anyways I read somewhere that wings dont have a max of usage like vitamins (100 Evs per stat or something).

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have Pokemon Black, and am going to get White as well.
The graphics are fantastic, and I like the fact that the Pokemon move around during battle - especially the way their eyes close when they're sleeping. Castelia City is awesome, although I haven't progressed further than that yet.

Meanwhile, I've picked up Pokerus and I've encountered and captured a shiny Patrat. I can't believe my luck!

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next