It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Black and White FAQ and Help 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

to get to anville town go to the battle subway in nimbassa city and for water fall go to rt 18

Mon May 02, 2011 6:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

WEWT!
>.>
I shall pwn nao.

Thank you Gallade.

Tue May 03, 2011 2:03 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Whats the secret password for the guy in Castelia City and whats its for? {gengar} {slowbro} {nidoking} {slowking} {slowpoke} why i put so many Pkmn

Wed May 04, 2011 4:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ShinyPoke wrote:
Whats the secret password for the guy in Castelia City and whats its for? {gengar} {slowbro} {nidoking} {slowking} {slowpoke} why i put so many Pkmn

"EVERYONE HAPPY" / "SIMPLE CONNECTION".

It unlocks the Relocator, a special feature that allows you to transfer over the special event Celebi and shiny Legendaries from the Gen IV games (which both access story events when transferred over), as well as the unreleased Lock Capsule item.

Wed May 04, 2011 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Serpentsounds wrote:
Mektar wrote:
Yeah, I think I discovered something. Sometimes, the animation that plays when you throw a Poke ball is slightly altered. The big difference is that the ball will only shake once before locking shut. So far, this has only happened to me three times, but the Pokemon was caught each time. I think it has something to do with pressing right on the control pad with very precise timing. Has this happened to anyone else?

This is a "critical capture," which occurs at a random chance similar to a critical hit in battle. If you're lucky enough to land a critical capture, the chances of keeping the Pokémon drastically increase to a near-guarantee.

I was going to ask if you know whether this critical capture is a completely random event, or whether it has a known forumula where a statistic can be plugged in and you can guess when it happens next. I know some websties generated a capture forumula, so I was wondering if they've already got one for this. Also wondering if they know whether pokeball type or matchup of pokeball effect (i.e. Dusk ball used at night) effects critical capture.

Wed May 04, 2011 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Acropilis wrote:
I was going to ask if you know whether this critical capture is a completely random event, or whether it has a known forumula where a statistic can be plugged in and you can guess when it happens next. I know some websties generated a capture forumula, so I was wondering if they've already got one for this. Also wondering if they know whether pokeball type or matchup of pokeball effect (i.e. Dusk ball used at night) effects critical capture.

There is no formula for the chances of a critical capture; it is a random (pseudo-random since it is a game) event that happens as often as critical hits (6.25%).

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Thu May 05, 2011 2:04 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

after you find the seven sages... what happens next? do you ever get to battle N again after the first game clear?

Thu May 05, 2011 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ricabrightfox wrote:
after you find the seven sages... what happens next? do you ever get to battle N again after the first game clear?

Nothing happens. You don't re-battle N. You can always re-battle the stronger trainers like Alder and Cynthia if you want to. You can also try and upgrade your trainer card to the highest level (Black trainer card or White trainer card).

Thu May 05, 2011 11:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Is there anyway to get a sun stone from the dust cloud in the caves?

Fri May 06, 2011 3:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

dark_lava wrote:
Is there anyway to get a sun stone from the dust cloud in the caves?

You can, but it's rare as there are so many possible items you can obtain from a dust cloud.

Fri May 06, 2011 4:52 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

A few quick questions:
1) Does the Cell Battery work with Motor Drive? (or other similar item-ability combos)
2) Is there any way to tell exactly how many dream points you have?
3) I've heard that Black and White have certain "enhancements for the 3DS, so what exactly are those enhancements?

Sat May 07, 2011 8:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

jhoyt888 wrote:
A few quick questions:
1) Does the Cell Battery work with Motor Drive? (or other similar item-ability combos)
2) Is there any way to tell exactly how many dream points you have?
3) I've heard that Black and White have certain "enhancements for the 3DS, so what exactly are those enhancements?

1: Volt Absorb and Motor Drive activate before the Cell Battery, so it doesn't work.
2: Log in, check your profile and go to the Dream World tab.
3: I don't think there are any enhancements for Black and White when used on a 3DS.

Sat May 07, 2011 11:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

For the third question, it's the same enhancements you get from playing it on a DSi. Xtransceiver stuff and all that.

Mon May 09, 2011 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Okay, one more.
I see so many ingame teams with straight 31 IVs. Is it just a matter of time spent breeding, or RNG abuse, and whichever one it is, where can I find an in-depth guide for it?

Mon May 09, 2011 6:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

jhoyt888 wrote:
Okay, one more.
I see so many ingame teams with straight 31 IVs. Is it just a matter of time spent breeding, or RNG abuse, and whichever one it is, where can I find an in-depth guide for it?

RNG abuse. You'd have to be extremely lucky to get a Pokemon with all 31 IVs, whereas RNG abuse allows you to choose your Pokemon's characteristics.

For 5th Gen RNG abuse help go here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057
The first few posts should link to detailed guides.

Mon May 09, 2011 11:16 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey I've had the game for about 2 months now and I was wondering how to complete the pokedex. I was hoping there would be a couple trainers that would allow me to see the pokemon I'm missing, but I don't know if there are any and, if so, where they are. I'm missing Ferrothorn and Zwelious. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

~DragoniteLance

Sun May 15, 2011 5:09 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I'm... Right Here, Right Now, Right Here, Right Now...
DragoniteLance wrote:
Hey I've had the game for about 2 months now and I was wondering how to complete the pokedex. I was hoping there would be a couple trainers that would allow me to see the pokemon I'm missing, but I don't know if there are any and, if so, where they are. I'm missing Ferrothorn and Zwelious. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

~DragoniteLance

If you can't see 'em, catch 'em. Both are easily available in Black or White, Ferroseed is catchable Chargestone Cave and evoles to Ferrothorn at lv. 40 and Zweilous can be evolved from Deino which can caught at the base of Victory Road.

Sun May 15, 2011 7:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've done a some searches here on Psypoke and can't find an answer to this yet. I've gotten to Mistralton Cave and faced Cobalion, but KO'd it. The guy said Cobalion would come back to the Guidance Chamber, but it has not. What triggers it to reappear? Or is it now just wandering around aimlessly somewhere? Any help would be appreciated. :)

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sun May 15, 2011 5:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Finish the main story, or defeat the elite four and the champion of the pokemon league." says my pokedex. So if you've already done the main story thing, just sweep the E4 and Champ again and he should appear.

Sun May 15, 2011 5:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dangertrout wrote:
"Finish the main story, or defeat the elite four and the champion of the pokemon league." says my pokedex. So if you've already done the main story thing, just sweep the E4 and Champ again and he should appear.

Thanks Dangertrout! That would explain why he hasn't reappeared then. :lol: I don't even have all the gym badges yet! I shall persevere though, that I shall!

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sun May 15, 2011 7:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DragoniteLance wrote:

~DragoniteLance

There are no trainers that own a Ferrothorn or Zweilous. You have to obtain them yourself in order to see them.

Mon May 16, 2011 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

im missing vullaby, and a few other in game legends like tornadus and landorus. i dont have access to wi fi or another version. what should i do to complete the pokedex?
also... is it true professor juniper gives you more pc boxes if u complete the pokedex?

Wed May 18, 2011 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't think there's any way to get those missing pokemon for your dex without trading. I'd try finding a wifi hotspot at a coffee shop or something, if you don't have access at home.
As for the boxes, you get up to 24 PC boxes in this version. As you fill them, more are added until you reach 24. You don't have to fill them completely, but each box needs to have something in it before it will add any additional boxes. And I believe you have to exit the computer to activate the addition of the boxes. So, put one pokemon in each box, log off PC, log back in. Just do that until you unlock all the boxes.

Wed May 18, 2011 10:17 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

thanks. ill keep that in mind the next time i get coffee. :D

Fri May 20, 2011 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I was looking for information on the empty, "forlorn" White Forest and found this...
Quote:
You need to use the EntraLink in order to tell more people to come to your city.
How exactly does that work, though?
I can't connect to the Internet and can't communicate with my Black game, so I'm rather baffled.

Come to think of it, if I have no Internet connection (well, none which is compatible with my DS Lite) and no other games to communicate with (i.e. no access to a second DS system), can I use Entralink at all?

Tue May 24, 2011 4:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next