It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Black and White FAQ and Help 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Q: I want to erase my current save game to restart. I try pushing: up + select + B on the start-up screen , yet nothing happens. What do I do?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Try pushing them all at the same time. I know that sounds impossible (something tells me that GAME FREAK and Nintendo are trying to tell us to continue playing with the same profile), but I did it before.

Hint: I learned that the face has more uses than you think. Your nose, for instance. Just, please, do not ask.

Goodbye
"

Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:37 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Also note it has to be on the screen where Reshiram (or Zekrom) is visible. If you do it on the "Continue" screen it won't work.

Hold down Up, then hold down Select when doing that, then hold down B when doing that. It should only take you 3 fingers and it isn't all that tricky.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:59 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ive tried but it doesnt work, im ----- that close to buying a new one.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

shether wrote:
Q: I want to erase my current save game to restart. I try pushing: up + select + B on the start-up screen , yet nothing happens. What do I do?

King_Charizard wrote:
Ive tried but it doesnt work, im ----- that close to buying a new one.

I have the answer! :D I had been experiencing the same problem for a while and it has nothing to do with the game itself. The key is to hold the buttons down until the blue screen appears. It works on the continue screen AND on the front screen. If you are still experiencing problems you have 1 of 3 options; Keep trying, Create a new non-savable game and as a last resort: Buy a new cartridge. I really hope I helped before it was too late! >.<

"You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true." -N

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:11 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've tried it on the continue screen. It doesnt work.

Goodbye
"

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:52 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Samurott wrote:
I've tried it on the continue screen. It doesnt work.

Thanks for confirming that, guess I may have been wrong there. :\ Although I swear I restarted my game via the continue screen... Oh well. >.<

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:33 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I have a question myself actually: Where are the Pokemon nicknamer and move tutor located?

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:36 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

OshawottFTW wrote:
I have a question myself actually: Where are the Pokemon nicknamer and move tutor located?

Name Rater: Castelia City, on the northernmost street, on the building on the left, first floor.
Move Tutor: Mistralton City, house east of the Pokemon Center, in the same house as the move deleter.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:22 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

DNA wrote:
OshawottFTW wrote:

Name Rater: Castelia City, on the northernmost street, on the building on the left, first floor.
Move Tutor: Mistralton City, house east of the Pokemon Center, in the same house as the move deleter.

Thank you so much, this really helped. Especially the exact locations. ^_^

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:41 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Where do you find TM's Earthquake, Ice Beam and Psychic?

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, I think you buy Earthquake, Ice Beam is somewhere in the NW of Unova (or is also "buy-able"), and Psychic, *sigh*, Psychic is found by looking for Mr. Psychic, like usual.

Goodbye
"

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:40 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Wrong on all three counts, Samurott.

Earthquake: Relic Castle, 1F
Ice Beam: Giant Chasm, somewhere in the forest section.
Psychic: Route 13, southwestern corner on a cliff.

We have a page for this on the site here that could have at least given you general locations.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My bad FW. I will go in the corner and cry.

Goodbye
"

Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:25 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My bad also - I did look at the table you linked, but I didn't realise that the locations were kind of inconsipcuously marked under effects.
Thank you for helping out!

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Q. how do I use the relocator, I'v tried to use it before, but it didn't work so can someone tell me how to use it step by step please?

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If you haven't unlocked the Relocator yet, go to the 11th floor of a building on the left side of the street between Route 4 and Castelia's Central Plaza (the fountain), find a scientist and tell him the password
EVERYONE HAPPY
SIMPLE CONNECTION
This will unlock the Relocator on the game start menu (where you choose your savefile, start a new game etc). Apparently, using it would send out a DS Download Play program over wireless, and you should choose DS Download Play on the DS menu of the DS with D/P/Pt/HG/SS in order to transfer your Event Celebi and/or Legendary Beast(s). Remember though that the Pokemon cannot have any HM move or hold any item.
I don't own the game myself, so I'm not good at detail stuff... Hope you'll find this useful!

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:11 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

last posted by ShinyLucario If you haven't unlocked the Relocator yet, go to the 11th floor of a building on the left side of the street between Route 4 and Castelia's Central Plaza (the fountain), find a scientist and tell him the password
EVERYONE HAPPY
SIMPLE CONNECTION
This will unlock the Relocator on the game start menu (where you choose your savefile, start a new game etc). Apparently, using it would send out a DS Download Play program over wireless, and you should choose DS Download Play on the DS menu of the DS with D/P/Pt/HG/SS in order to transfer your Event Celebi and/or Legendary Beast(s). Remember though that the Pokemon cannot have any HM move or hold any item.
I don't own the game myself, so I'm not good at detail stuff... Hope you'll find this useful![/quote]

All right I just asked because I tried to use It to Transfer Some pokemon other than my event Celabi because I thought that you can use it to Transfer pokemon other than the event legendarys so thanks for the help.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dont forget about that building on Route 15! If I'm correct (I really need to play Black again), you can use either the Relocater or the Pokemon Launcher there.

Goodbye
"

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:50 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Samurott wrote:
Dont forget about that building on Route 15! If I'm correct (I really need to play Black again), you can use either the Relocater or the Pokemon Launcher there.

Nope, that's Poke Transfer. The two things are different; although they are used in the same way (using DS Download Play to transfer Pokemon), the Relocator is used specifically to transfer the shiny beasts and Celebi, whereas Poke Transfer can migrate over anyone.

I've heard that to trigger the beast/Celebi event in B/W you need to transfer it using the Relocator, but I don't believe that is correct - I transferred them once with Poke Transfer (mistakenly) and then traded them to a friend, and he got the events just fine.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

As others have said, you need to use Poké Transfer after beating the main game to be able to transfer other Gen IV Pokemon. The Relocator is used only to send over the Event Beasts and Celebi so you can obtain Zoroark and Zorua before E4.
So if you've completed the main storyline, just visit the Poke Transfer Lab on Route 15. Keep in mind that the Pokemon must not hold any item or know any HM move.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:17 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Q: I'm wondering were I get the four drives and the lock capsule because thanks to a friend of mine I now have a Genesect and I really want the lock capsule?

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:04 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

No one knows, because Genesect hasnt been legally released yet. Youll have to wait.

Goodbye
"

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:32 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

ultamitmaster wrote:
Q: I'm wondering were I get the four drives and the lock capsule because thanks to a friend of mine I now have a Genesect and I really want the lock capsule?

You can go to the P2 Laboratory on Route 17 and talk to the scientist there; you'll get 2 drives, and the drives will be different depending on whether you're playing Black or White.

At this point in time it is not recognized as legitimate; it is merely pre-programmed into the game.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:54 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thanks but what about the lock capsule?

Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next