It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Black and White FAQ and Help 
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

If you are playing through a Gen 5 game and are stuck or have a question related to gameplay, please ask in this thread rather than make a new topic about it.

If you see somebody asking a question that you know the answer to, by all means, help them out!

BEFORE YOU POST, check out these useful links:

-Black and White Walkthrough

-Black and White FAQ

-Anything else on this page.

Please don't make any more threads about critical catpures. :|

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:35 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

When you transfer the shiny dog over to activate the event, is zoroarks Ivs generated randomly?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I looked everywhere in the walkthrough & FAQs, but couldn't find what "Wild Pokemon Specials" means. How do you catch those Pokemon? Thanks

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This refers to a new type of area called Shaking Areas. According to lolstop, you don't see them often, but entering one of these special tiles will always trigger a wild Pokemon battle. The Pokemon you find in shaking areas are unique & outside of the Pokemon you usually find in that route (most notably Audino, the Chansey counterpart that can ONLY be found in these areas).
Here are the Shaking Areas:
* Grass - Grass gets larger and shakes violently
* Cave - Dirt gets thrown up as if being dug from beneath. Can produce both items & Pokémon
* Water - Head of Pokémon/Item appears coming out of the water. Can produce both items & Pokémon
* Bridges - Shadow falls down on bridges. Can produce both items & Pokémon
If you want a full list of these special encounters just visit *coughcough* "a famous Pokemon site that Psypoke apparently doesn't like very much".net *coughcough*
Hope this helps!

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

How does one get to the northern most island area of Route 7, seems fully blocked off but there's a trainer and a TM(Telekinesis) back there.

Also It seems that when you hatch an egg, other eggs in your party step count is reduced somehow, I've had 4-5 egg pairs hatch 1 step after the last hatch. Is there any explanation of this?

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:53 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ShinyLucario wrote:
This refers to a new type of area called Shaking Areas. According to HELL.net, you don't see them often, but entering one of these special tiles will always trigger a wild Pokemon battle. The Pokemon you find in shaking areas are unique & outside of the Pokemon you usually find in that route (most notably Audino, the Chansey counterpart that can ONLY be found in these areas).
Here are the Shaking Areas:
* Grass - Grass gets larger and shakes violently
* Cave - Dirt gets thrown up as if being dug from beneath. Can produce both items & Pokémon
* Water - Head of Pokémon/Item appears coming out of the water. Can produce both items & Pokémon
* Bridges - Shadow falls down on bridges. Can produce both items & Pokémon
If you want a full list of these special encounters just visit *coughcough* "a famous Pokemon site that Psypoke apparently doesn't like very much".net *coughcough*
Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot!! Now I know what I'm supposed to look out for.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:30 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hey,I was wondering if pokemon white and black be able to
Use wpa Internet secerity that are on my dsi

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Im trying to trade my shiny entei from soul silver to white but i cant?
i wanna know how.
it said something about a poke-shifter on the FAQ's so i dont know what to do?

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

EricAndrew wrote:
Im trying to trade my shiny entei from soul silver to white but i cant?
i wanna know how.
it said something about a poke-shifter on the FAQ's so i dont know what to do?

Actually the PokeShifter, which is used to transfer Pokemon from Gen IV games to Gen V games, is only available after beating the game. But to transfer the Event Celebi & Legendary Beasts you must use the Relocator. Like the Mystery Gift feature, you need to input certain phrases to unlock this feature - simply use the following phrases while talking to a scientist in Castelia City (Sadly Bulbapedia didn't specify where to find this scientist...):
Answer 1 Left Answer 1 Right Answer 2 Left Answer 2 Right
EVERYONE HAPPY SIMPLE CONNECTION
...Then you can access this feature through the Continue/New Game starting screen. Remember that you need to remove any HM moves & items (in this case, the Custap Berry on your Entei). Hope this helps!
Source: Bulbapedia
@akizzk538: Glad that it helps!
@MasontheChef: I checked the Bulbapedia page about Route 7 & all it says is that its north leads to Twist Mountain, which is a complex system of caves. It only says that in winter the mountain would be filled with snow, providing easier travel to different areas but also blocking some tunnels. I'm not sure if this helps...as I haven't actually played the game. By the way I checked & found out that Telekinesis is actually found at Route 18, which is nowhere near Route 7. As for the egg problem, I have yet to find any information on it...

Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Is the fishing rods now late game items? Ive looked through the walkthrough for the point im up to in the game ( made it to where the 6th gym is) but I didnt find anything.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:09 am
THE POWER IS ON!

You do not get the Super Rod until after the National Dex. Additionally, the Old Rod and Good Rod are no longer obtainable in Black and White.

Only put that in bold because it'll still be a bit before I get that far into the walkthrough.

Also, according to Krisp, Black and White do work with WPA2 on a DSi. Haven't done that myself since I don't have a DSi.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ahhh, ok thanks frost. That explains it.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:23 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Will there be a way available to grow berries again? If so, at what point in the game?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If I remember correctly, To grow berries we have to wait till the server for the dream world is up nad running. Which will be at the end of march. To be more specific- WE cant grow berries in game anymore.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:26 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hey,I was wondering if pokemon white and black be able to
Use wpa Internet secerity that are on my dsi

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey,

Some pokémon can only be find by double walk, but what does that mean?
Do you have to beat the elite four and the champion first?
( I want to catch Herdier - I'm in Nacrene city now)
(I don't have to ask how to find to find the pokémon by special walk, that ha already been told)

And another thing:

I don't now how my nitendo WFC works (I think it doesn't work at all). I would like to trade some pokémon with a friend from the Netherlands (I'm from Belgium). (Or someone else if he wants.) How it works i also don't know.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:05 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Double battles occur in the dark green grass, typically the pokemon are higher levels, and double battles don't occur every battle. To get on wifi you have to talk to the lady in the middle onthe second floor of the pokemon center. You may have to set up the connection in the settings, though.

Yess, you can use wpa2 to connect on DSi.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

thanks krisp you are a big help i love psypokes

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:48 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Yeah, I think I discovered something. Sometimes, the animation that plays when you throw a Poke ball is slightly altered. The big difference is that the ball will only shake once before locking shut. So far, this has only happened to me three times, but the Pokemon was caught each time. I think it has something to do with pressing right on the control pad with very precise timing. Has this happened to anyone else?

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:38 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Mektar wrote:
Yeah, I think I discovered something. Sometimes, the animation that plays when you throw a Poke ball is slightly altered. The big difference is that the ball will only shake once before locking shut. So far, this has only happened to me three times, but the Pokemon was caught each time. I think it has something to do with pressing right on the control pad with very precise timing. Has this happened to anyone else?

This is a "critical capture," which occurs at a random chance similar to a critical hit in battle. If you're lucky enough to land a critical capture, the chances of keeping the Pokémon drastically increase to a near-guarantee.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

OK this one may seem to be a bit odd of a question but....

Ive been using the GTS negotation feature with little technical difficulty, and was wondering if it worked like the WIFI club (directly connect too other peole via internt) or the GTS (having a "middle man"). This may help me determine how in the smuck im gonna trade with people(Ive had trouble in the past connecting with friend codes).

Thanks for the help.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:51 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Can Zoruak Be Breeded With Ditto? I Dnt Have It Yet But Wen I Do Can I Make It Breed? :idea:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Is it possible for your starter to have the dream world ability?

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The only way your starter can have the dream world ability is if you catch it in the dream world.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Jake's-Serperior wrote:
Can Zoruak Be Breeded With Ditto? I Dnt Have It Yet But Wen I Do Can I Make It Breed? :idea:

yes you can breed zoroark and ditto.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:00 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 297 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next