It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Quick Happiness Question 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

So, I'm doing a catch em all run of gold and silver version, and I have a quick question about evolving happiness pokemon.

It says on the site that the happiness value of using a pokemon in an important battle (read: Elite Four, Gym, or Red) is +3 (up to 199) and +2 (200-255).

So, my question is, does this mean +3/+2 per battle (i.e. until the match is over) or per duel (i.e. until the enemy pokemon faints)?

I ask because I'm wondering how many times I'll need to run through the Elite Four to get the happiness value to evolving status. So far, my calculations say about 11 full run throughs to go from 70 to 220. But I need to know if it's per battle or per duel, since that number could go down if it's actually per duel.

Thanks for the help!

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:03 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

It's +3 per battle - i.e. until the fight against that individual is completely over.

There are other ways as well to get it to increase - don't forget the haircut brothers, or Daisy in Pallet Town between 3 and 4pm. (But you probably already knew that...)

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have this eevee, its level 61 and hasnt evolved, i bring it to the haircut bros., and daisy and nothing. Suggestions?

Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Give it a Thunderstone!

:) )

But seriously uhmmm how about some Calciums or something

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:11 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ah, totally forgot about about calciums and stuff. Im trying it now.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:48 am
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

King_Charizard wrote:
I have this eevee, its level 61 and hasnt evolved, i bring it to the haircut bros., and daisy and nothing. Suggestions?

Just a suggestion (based on something in Yellow actually). I used this to get my Pikachu happy enough to get the Bulbasaur in Cerulean, but it might still work (?). Make sure Eevee is fully healed, then give it a bunch of Potions. Yes, they won't do anything (you don't even lose them), but it makes the Pokemon happy that you care so much. The other thing is, you have to level it up and based on what time you do it, that is the form it will evolve into.

Be wise! (Or breed another one...)

Hope this helps!

AEPMT :mrgreen: 8-) ;)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Nah, the rules or making your Pikachu happy in Yellow are totally different from the actual happiness system from gen 2 onward. Depositing a Pokémon to the PC in any game after Yellow won't bother them at all. Using healing items on them won't make them happy, nor will having low health or status problems make them mad (but they do help them avoid fainting, of course. Basically as long as you keep them from fainting and don't use the herb items on them, they'll be using max power Return in no time. Until you trade them or migrate them to a newer generation.

Breeding a new one might be a good idea. When a Pokémon hatches from an egg it starts with a much higher level of happiness than something you caught or received from someone else.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Level 63 and nothing, maybe its glitched.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

King_Charizard wrote:

Take him to the Happiness rater in one of the houses near the Department stall in Goldenrod, and have her assess your Eevee's happiness. If she's saying "I get the feeling it really trusts you," then you're not far off, but still requires a bit more work in terms of haircuts and important trainer battles. Also remember that your Pokemon will only evolve once he reaches his happiness level of 220 as well as a level increase. And just for a reference, here's the Psypoke happiness guide. Good luck!

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DragonPhoenix wrote:
King_Charizard wrote:

Take him to the Happiness rater in one of the houses near the Department stall in Goldenrod, and have her assess your Eevee's happiness. If she's saying "I get the feeling it really trusts you," then you're not far off, but still requires a bit more work in terms of haircuts and important trainer battles. Also remember that your Pokemon will only evolve once he reaches his happiness level of 220 as well as a level increase. And just for a reference, here's the Psypoke happiness guide. Good luck!

It says my eevee trusts me and all that, but im just going to breed a new one. Thanks for the help!

Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:20 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]