It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Types that GameFreak officially hates more than Bug! 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Frost wrote:
Electric is a garbage type in both quantity and quality, so don't be fooled just because the mascot of the series is that type. It's one of the lowest types in terms of numbers, and several of its Pokemon are awful because GameFreak loves making useless Pikachu "clones."

However, in terms of type match-ups, it's actually pretty good, unlike Ice defensively, Steel offensively and Poison in general.

Ah okay, thanks for this...wasn't exactly sure about too much when it came to the Electric Type except for what I mentioned about type variety in their movepool & what not, good to know...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I didn't like Electric cuz' of Pikachu. I like it since it was very useful to beating annoying Tentacools.

To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie, James.
Team Rocket blasting off the speed of light!
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, that's right!

FTW

Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I find it a shame that poison is still nerfed while its great they are getting bug to be decent but the fact that ice is super nerfed is idiotic. I mean i get the fact that its meant to be an attack type rather than defense but the chasm between reasonable and ludicrous was passed 30 Km ago. Ice is strong against grass, earth, flying, and dragons. Great, does it resist any of them? No, Ice does not resist a single freaking one, in fact the only thing it resists is itself: they could have at least granted it resistances to what it is strong against (dragon being understandable as its meat 1x everything but itself) and perhaps water as it makes sense they would have resistance to one another.
And I understand being weak to fire and fighting maybe even rock, I get where they were going but steel is very questionable, at the very least it should be a 1x rather than 2x, i mean steel resists the world it is far more of a defensive typing than any other, why must it be super effective against what is arguable the weakest defense type =/
When i heard the rumor about hail being like Sandstorm I thought "Finally, they decided to put it on par with rock and make hail teams more useful" but no, they did not follow through (if they ever did intend to do so).
All in all they need to rework the balance system to make it actually fairer, I understand this has a <0.0000001% chance of happening but its always nice to have hope/delusions.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:40 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It looks to me like they wanted to give us what Ice was lacking. Several actual basic primary Ice Pokemon.
I mean, usually if you pick a type, you see that there's several casual pure typed lines of it and then some cool combos and special stuff every now and then. Ice however already started off with mostly playing the role of "that bonus type for a water pokemon after it evolves" (like what Dark was gen 3).
That's my guess and I really hope that they intend to give Ice some serious boosting in round 6.

With poison, while there was a lack of new pokes (they still taking it slow to recover from the tons of poison they made in Gen I?), at least I like them o___o
Oh and try using that huge red centipede :D
Its far from crap. Quite fast and nice for entry hazard setup.

The actual problem with poison and Ice is not the pokes, it's the type chart.
Ice could use several additional resistances, while Poison should be super effective to the obvious Normal and another type. If it was up to me, I'd make it interesting by making Poison>Ground even though Ground>Poison.
For Ice, I'd add something minor like Water to resistances,
along with Ground (quite useful)
and...... Dragon. I think that wouldn't even be too much. Wow, an Ice poke would resist Chomps both STAB moves O: now that's what I'm talking about.

Besides these 2 types,
I'd like to see more actual Rock Pokemon, not just new sets of fossils. Well we got Geodude2.0, a bug and a legend, so it's actually very well fine.

Whats with all those pure psychics? And I'm impressed LOL still no psy bug.
(Nor a Dark one, which both seem like some basic combos you'd expect before electric spiders and fire moths, but hey these are amazing additions.)

They got alot of great stuff though. I especially love what happened with Dark, it's definitely not a rare special mostly secondary type now anymore :D
Or all those Elemental lines with a bit of Ghost touch Froslass style <3

The thing I dislike the most is that they repeated type combos. It would be no deal if they repeated no particular ones, but it's like they intentionally picked the most common combinations there were.
A fifth Water/Ground, Grass/Poison, Bug/Poison, Bug/Steel. There's plenty of uncommon ones to repeat, like dunno Grass/Psy or something.

One thing that also sticks out even after gen 5 is Electric type. It's mostly pure electric stuff, even though there is lots of potential for combinations.

I'll better stop or this will get way too long xD

Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mitja wrote:
A fifth Water/Ground, Bug/Steel.
By my count, there aren't that many of those types.
Water/Ground: {wooper}, {quagsire}, {marshtomp}, {swampert}, {gastrodon}, and the new frogs
Bug/Steel: {forretress}, {scizor}, steel wormadam, and the new legendary.

Not that many, IMO.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:34 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

nomnom52 wrote:
Mitja wrote:
A fifth Water/Ground, Bug/Steel.
By my count, there aren't that many of those types.
Water/Ground: wooper, quagsire, marshtomp, swampert, gastrodon, and the new frogs
Bug/Steel: forretress, scizor, steel wormadam, and the new legendary.

Not that many, IMO.

Correction for Water/Ground below;

Water/Ground = {wooper} {quagsire} {marshtomp} {swampert} {barboach} {whiscash} {gastrodon} & the 5th Gen frog pokemon family...
Bug/Steel = {forretress} {scizor} {wormadam} (Trash) & the 5th Gen Legendary Pokemon (had it right here but still)...

So they did add the 5th Water/Ground pokemon if you count only the final evolution of each pokemon family listed in the type, I don't think he meant 5th for only Water/Ground though so...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:21 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Wow, that mushroom pokemon really does look sucky.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:49 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I don't make numbers up. And I did mean pokemon-lines, as in all stages count as one pokemon.

Actually if you add trash wormadam, we now have 6 Bug/Steel lines.... the new record. Before anyone says they can only think of 2 from the top of their head:
-Forretress
-Scizor
-Wormadam
-Shubargo (the knight beetle)
-Aiant (the steel ant)
-Genosect (event)

I'd like more main steel pokes, so steel would become less a secondary type just for when something gets an armor or similar.

6 is overdoing it.
Most interesting combinations don't even have 2, like Dark/Fire or Grass/Ground, not to mention that they didn't even make 1 for 75 of all possible combinations yet.

Last edited by Mitja on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:01 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Mitja wrote:
I don't make numbers up. And I did mean pokemon-lines, as in all stages count as one pokemon.

Actually if you add trash wormadam, we now have 6 Bug/Steel lines.... the new record. Before anyone says they can only think of 2 from the top of their head:
-Forretress
-Scizor
-Wormadam
-Shubargo (the knight beetle)
-Aiant (the steel ant)
-Genosect (event)

I thought you did & yeah, I haven't played the 5th Gen games yet so I only really could remember the Legendary since last looking at them around the time it came out in Japan which was months ago...

Mitja wrote:
I'd like more main steel pokes, so steel would become less a secondary type just for when something gets an armor or similar.

But it just makes sense most of the time & Steel is a good type so they tend to go to it alot in cases like this...

Mitja wrote:
6 is overdoing it.
Most interesting combinations don't even have 2, like Dark/Fire or Grass/Ground, not to mention that they didn't even make 1 almost half of the possible combinations yet x_x

I would agree with you but just like Bug needed the boost in more useful pokemon, it needed the boost in good typing for them & we all know now powerful the Steel Type is as an addition to the Bug Type, only giving it a x4 Weakness to Fire...1 of the best Type Combos available in the game along side Water/Ground, Dark/Ghost, etc...

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:18 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I just made an updated version for everything to gen5, of unused type combinations in case anyone is interested:
http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/art/ ... -189564617

You can notice there is lots of nice ones that haven't been made yet, like these:
Grass/Ghost
Bug/Psychic
Bug/Dark
Fight/Flying
Electric/Fight
Poison/Steel
Poison/Fire
Water/Fire
Dark/Electric (secondary electrics in general actually o_o)
Ice/Rock
Rock/Dragon (no dragon typed fossil yet wow)
or reverse of existing ones, especially those used only on legends at the moment like
Fire/Dragon
Rock/Fight

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:39 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'd have to say that based on those type combinations, a few of those just make little sense while others are surprising that it hasn't been done as of yet. For example: Grass/Ghost I can't recall anything like this in a video game, history, or sort of folklore. This would be entirely new, I would think, and would have little basis on anything, which seems to be the theme of PokeMon.

Bug/Psychic and Bug/Dark or vice versa, I'm surprised hasn't been done yet. Bug/Psychic seems like a Sci-Fi or Alien feel, so, it would be something awkward like Deoxys, basically it seems very probable. As for Bug/Dark, I think it may have not been done as I believe Dark PokeMon are considered evil or just mean in nature. In which case, I can think of a few living bugs that could fit such a genre, like say, the Black Widow Spider. While this may seem better a Bug/Poison, it could just as well play as a Bug/Dark. Perhaps it could start off Bug/Poison and evolve into a Bug/Dark?

Fighting/Flying. I don't know why this hasn't been accomplished yet. There's many ways to execute this. Perhaps they just don't want it.

Electric/Fighting. I think this would do well, and there's a huge amount of possibilities for this to occur.

Poison/Steel. I think this would only work well as a man-made PokeMon. Much like Porygon. I can't justify such a combo through nature.

Poison/Fire. I don't know why this hasn't been done yet. Taking a type of poison such as gases or liquid and then adding fire to ignite them seems like a plausible PokeMon to me.

Water/Fire. This would also work surprisingly well. It could create it's own unique move-pool of steam based attacks.

Dark/Electric. It just sounds like a cool type and could be easily implemented.

Ice/Rock. This may work well as an Iceberg PokeMon but I can't really view the two together in reality. Sure, they co-exist, but usually water or ice eats away at a rock.

Rock/Dragon. Actually, I'm surprised the Dragon/Steel type was released before this. It could work well as a fossil or not. As could any Dragon type.

I'd have to say though, to relate to the topic, I think the most hated type GameFreak has it out for it Ice. While nothing is immune to it (Like two things being immune to Poison) it has so many type disadvantages and combining it with another type doesn't actually improve it's disadvantages. Defensively, I think Ice has it the worst and offensively, Poison has it the worst.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kaori Sakura wrote:
I'd have to say that based on those type combinations, a few of those just make little sense while others are surprising that it hasn't been done as of yet. For example: Grass/Ghost I can't recall anything like this in a video game, history, or sort of folklore. This would be entirely new, I would think, and would have little basis on anything, which seems to be the theme of PokeMon.

The Kodama. A Japanese spirit that is believed to live in certain trees. There is something that would qualify as a Ghost/Grass that comes from folklore. Or even Dryads, which are the same thing but from Greek myths.

Back on topic. Poison, imo, is the most hated type. It is a **** type both offensively and defensively. Which is such a shame, because some of my favorite Pokemon are part Poison.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:24 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

shinashu taji wrote:
Back on topic. Poison, imo, is the most hated type. It is a **** type both offensively and defensively. Which is such a shame, because some of my favorite Pokemon are part Poison.

Same here, I absolutely love Weezing & more so then it, Seviper among others...

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

shinashu taji wrote:
The Kodama. A Japanese spirit that is believed to live in certain trees. There is something that would qualify as a Ghost/Grass that comes from folklore. Or even Dryads, which are the same thing but from Greek myths.

Epic fail on my end. I stand utterly corrected on both examples. I think the Kodama would play the part of a Grass/Ghost much better than a Dryad for PokeMon. Thank you very much for the correction.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:19 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Kaori Sakura wrote:
...would have little basis on anything, which seems to be the theme of PokeMon.

I've actually always felt the opposite. Sure, on the outside they're just a bunch of crazy little critters but I've always found it amazing how they're based on so many different and many times esoteric sources. I agree with everything else you said though :mrgreen:

Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

yea, i prefer pokemon that are based on things that i know of
like animal based or matiriel based pokemon.

My trading thread:http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27589

my fc:0561 1373 6911

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:06 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
i dont believe they will ever make a poison type that is a sweeper of a tank, but, as long as you have a fast poison type paired with a powerful pokemon, it becomes extremely useful, it could be that extra turn that you need to take advantage over a situation, game freak doesn't hate poison, you just have to be smart enough and lucky enough to get them to work, i won't use a slow poison type but with hold items and abilities your enemy will be put through hell.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:06 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Hmmm...it'll be great if Gamefreak makes a Poison/Psychic or a Poison/Ground. It'll be awesome if there was an Ice/Fire...if that's possible. The only thing that I could think of that is great as a candidate for that is a diamond. Since a diamond has a high melting point and it resembles ice...well to me that is.

A Poison/Psychic could be a leech, since it could suck poison out. And a Poison/Ground could be a millipede.

~

Offtopic: It would be awesome if there was a Dark/Psychic.

Jessie, James.
Meowth, that's right!

FTW

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:07 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Umm, {nidoking} & {nidoqueen} are both the Poison/Ground combo & aren't really helping the Poison Type in my opinion...

I wish they would just make a Ice/Fire Type cause it would be a great addition...

I have pretty much loss hope for Game Freak to create a Poison Type that is really good at something...

As far as the Ice Type goes though, that's a different story as at least they tried with this type but as with the Poison Type, the Ice Type just needs more coverage...

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:24 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Oh yeah. I've never actually use the Nidos, so their in my "Oh yeah their's a Poke'mon like that" list.

Well, no one can judge what they're doing. What you said is pretty stereotypical actually.

And I say, I GO FOR THE POISON/PSYCHIC LEECH!

~

Oh yeah:

29 Ice Types all in all:

Dewgong
Cloyster
Jynx
Lapras
Articuno
Sneasel
Swinub
Piloswine
Delibird
Smoochum
Snorunt
Glalie
Spheal
Sealeo
Walrein
Regice
Snover
Abomasnow
Weavile
Glaceon
Mamoswine
Froslass
(Frost) Rotom
Banipucchi
Baniricchi
Baibanira
Kumashun
Tsunbeaa
Furiijio
Kyuremu

There are 57 Poison types: (Be happy I'm taking my time here)

Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Ekans
Arbok
Nidoran?
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Nidoran?
Nidorino
Nidoking
Zubat
Golbat
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Venonat
Venomoth
Bellsprout
Weepinbell
Victreebel
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Grimer
Muk
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Koffing
Weezing
Spinarak
Ariados
Crobat
Qwilfish
Dustox
Roselia
Gulpin
Swalot
Seviper
Budew
Roserade
Stunky
Skuntank
Skorupi
Drapion
Croagunk
Toxicroak
Futsude
Hoiiga
Pendoraa
Yabakuron
Dasutodasu
Tamagetake
Morobareru

Wow. I've never actually noticed the big block of Poisons in Kanto.

65 Bug types: (No really. Be happy. It's 11:04 pm)

Caterpie
Metapod
Butterfree
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Paras
Parasect
Venonat
Venomoth
Scyther
Pinsir
Ledyba
Ledian
Spinarak
Ariados
Yanma
Pineco
Forretress
Scizor
Shuckle
Heracross
Wurmple
Silcoon
Beautifly
Cascoon
Dustox
Surskit
Masquerain
Nincada
Ninjask
Shedinja
Volbeat
Illumise
Anorith
Armaldo
Kricketot
Kricketune
Burmy
Wormadam (Plant Cloak)
Wormadam (Sandy Cloak)
Wormadam (Trash Cloak)
Mothim
Combee
Vespiquen
Skorupi
Yanmega
Kurumiru
Kurumayu
Hahakurimo
Futsude
Hoiiga
Pendoraa
Ishizumai
Iwaparesu
Kapurumo
Shubarugo
Bachuru
Denchura
Chobomaki
Agirudaa
Aianto
Meraruba
Urugamosu
Genosekuto

I've noticed. All the middle evolves are cocoons. O.O

And In my opinion, the Ghost type needs a lot of love also:

27 Ghost types:

Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Misdreavus
Shedinja
Sableye
Shuppet
Banette
Duskull
Dusclops
Drifloon
Drifblim
Mismagius
Spiritomb
Dusknoir
Froslass
Rotom
Giratina (Altered)
Giratina (Origin)
Desumasu
Desukan
Pururiru
Burunkeru
Hitomoshi
Ranpuraa
Shanderaa
Gobitto
Goruggo

Jessie, James.
Meowth, that's right!

FTW

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:03 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
....hope for Game Freak to create a Poison Type that is really good at something...

But they are good for something; what would all the evil organizations do without them? :mrgreen:

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:49 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Manafi wrote:
But they are good for something; what would all the evil organizations do without them? :mrgreen:

I know, I am just saying that they could give us more powerful Poison Type pokemon then they do & the Nidos don't have a really high stats, just a high stats & a bunch of so so stats...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Gen 6, you better have great Ice and Poison, or Imma protest...somehow.

Lawence Codye wrote:
Manafi wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
....hope for Game Freak to create a Poison Type that is really good at something...

I know, I am just saying that they could give us more powerful Poison Type pokemon then they do & the Nidos don't have a really high stats, just a high stats & a bunch of so so stats...

Sigh. That's why Team Rocket and Team Galactic were easy to beat, well, for me that is. Team Magma and Aqua didn't use a lot of Poisons, heck, from what I remember they only used Zubat and it's evolution line as their poisons. And that made them annoying to me, since my Gardevior was no use in Magma/Aqua battles. (Although it was useful when I battle Crobat.)

Jessie, James.
Meowth, that's right!

FTW

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:38 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

You guys should know that every pokemon enemy trainers have pokemon whose natures give 10% negative to the the stat that they eitheir prmarily use to attack or need for defense. So if it were not for this people would have alot harder time trying to play through pokemon games. Though in general tryiping for criminals is bland and not very colorful

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:43 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

missingoinc wrote:
Though in general tryiping for criminals is bland and not very colorful

Wonder what that means...

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next