It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 BW Post-Release News and Discoveries - STAY ON TOPIC 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

WOAH! Tabunne is the ULTIMATE cleric!!!
Like, seriously! Look at that move pool! I can't wait to know what its abilities do.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If this is right place to post my feelings for Gen V, here it goes...
Before the release, I saw crowds on forums, YouTube, etc flaming (Not sure if that's the right word) Gen V & yelling (yes, I said YELLING) about how Nintendo/GameFreak totally ran out of ideas, ruined Pokemon, blah blah blah. When I saw all of this, I decided that I'm not going to be like these people - It seems like the only thing they do is criticizing everything they see. Their greatest rise is when a new generation is about to come out, but the rise dies when people starts getting used to it. (For a further story, see Here)
I do think that some of the pre-released Pokemon are just a bit...weird (ESPECIALLY the eyes)? But I didn't mind much. After all, it's just a matter of getting used to it. I still remember the first time I see a Hariyama, "What the- Oh my goodness I'm never going to like this SUPER FAT Pokemon." But later when I saw it in the anime & found out about its awesome Attack stat, it instantly became a powerhouse of my Sapphire team & one of my favorite PM during that time, proving how wrong "first impressions"can be. I know that some of the new designs may not look like a piece of Da Vinci but I believe that we'll get through it.
So much for the heroic speech. when the full list of Pokemon came out, I took a look & almost jumped. "Oh what the-- Even I admit that I'm quite a big Pokemon fan but this time I have to agree with 'those people'. These designs are too much for me to take. Garbage bags (actually I didn't get it then)?! Ice cream cones?! Snotty bear?! Gears?! Big muscles carrying wood/steel/concrete?! Black belts?! Robot toys?! Blinded hydras?! Fighting-type ponies?! Japanese ghosts wearing clouds?! Bug robot that looks like a Super Mario boss?! Maybe the rumors are right. This is going to be the end of fun, creative Pokemon."
Later, after taking closer looks at the PMs & watching some gameplay videos on YouTube, I started to LOVE them! I used to think that Mijumaru is the worse of the starters, but its evos are so AWESOME that I think it may even become my favorite starter. The Ghost/Fire Candle - Lantern - Chandelier in my opinion is among the most creative evo chain ever. There are plenty of other examples but if I must type all of them out this post will become too boring for any sensible person to read.

In a sentence (sentences, actually): Gen V. To love or not to love. It's really a matter of opinions.
In MY opinion, it's going to be greater than anything preceding it, just like all the generations before. And when I hear or see comments of people who think so too, it's music to my ears. (And eyes. Though a simile like that isn't too convincing.)

Last edited by ShinyLucario on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:14 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Shinies right, the people who "automatically" hate every pokemon of a gen, should really give em a chance. Yes there's a few pokemon that make me scratch my head and wonder what gamefreak was doing, but in my opnion ( ive said it multiple times) this gen's pokemon are uniquie. There are pokemon that make me giddy with excitment, some that make me want to squash them and forget them, and theres others that make me hungry. Theres some that look way to cute and some that look perfectly nasty.

Besides, B/W has sold a TON of copies, prooving one thing, people who like pokemon dont listen to the whiners who dont have anythin better to do but whin about something that just came out.

Ohh yeah, the psydex is lookin great for the Isshu region, hopefully we'll get the english translations, new ability descriptions and pokedex entris in soon. Im still wondering what the new evolution proceder is for the shrimp and bug thing (best description I could give).

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:14 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Is that what it is? A Shrimp?
I can't wait for Sugimori art, so some of these sprites will make more sense..

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:45 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm really loving Isshu after the monstrosity that was Sinnoh. But Has anybody else noticed that TM 01 get's changed every gen, except for Gen IV. I find it very weird. Not to mention the majority of them are punches.....
Gen I- Mega Punch
GenII- Dynamic Punch
GenIII- Focus Punch
Gen IV- Same as Gen III
Gen V- Claw sharpen ????

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
the only new pokemon that really bugs me is the tadpole with the human face, when I first saw the trash bag I had to scratch my head, and then it was revealed that it is in huin city, and could eaisily become a very annoying team plasma character (as the bad guys always use poison types) I am absolutely in LOVE with the ice dragon, to me it seems like he is the embodiment of a cold icy, end to the planet. with the new bug pokemon, it was altered by team plasma (similar to how mewtwo came about) so I have to think what was it BEFORE? (it may be a mewtwo mew relationship?) I love the shrimp guy. It's evolution it pretty much the coolest thing ever, and for whoever was wondering....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

it sucks thAT he can only be that form with 1/2 hp left

Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:59 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
wait what? is that how it works?

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yes and yes to that is that rely how they evolve question on the other thread (computer would load when i tryed to post there)he only becomes that form with a special ability that he gets in a certaint area and is at 1/2 or less HP also hes a psy in that form make me want him realy bad

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

wow just blew my mind...

Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

A-who are we talking about about?
B- A certain area at be at less than half hp to evolve? Interesting.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You have to catch it in a special spot, were it can have the ability, but I think its a one time deal

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:06 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GofD wrote:
A-who are we talking about about?

/vXv\ wrote:
You have to catch it in a special spot, were it can have the ability, but I think its a one time deal

ok this guy with darumamoodo he gets it at a certaint place i think its a one time thing maybe more when he has that ablitty he becomes this at 1/2 HP

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DOES NOT COMPUTE.
How does Blue Psychic Dude get both abilities?!!?
From my understanding, it's a temporary forme-change that only occurs when Hihidaruma is at 1/2 HP or less,
but then he reverts back to normal forme when healed.
...?

Also,
GofD wrote:

What?

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Speaking of alternate forms getting new typing
Has anyone who has the game really checked out Cherrims sunny form? It seems like I would be a great Grass/Fire Type

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ok thated be cool if that happend like rotom and on to the question
Spoinkable wrote:
DOES NOT COMPUTE.
How does Blue Psychic Dude get both abilities?!!?
From my understanding, it's a temporary forme-change that only occurs when Hihidaruma is at 1/2 HP or less,
but then he reverts back to normal forme when healed.
...?

1) he has to have that ablitty to change forms but he doest get both ablitys i dont know if they missed that or if they left that way i mean i wouldent want the job of having to ubdate the pokedex

2) ya thats how it works

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
Also,
GofD wrote:

What?

I obviously have no idea whats being talked about. Sorry for any confusion.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:27 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

(raises hand) If you catch him at 1/2 HP will he stay blue forever, even when healed or will he change mid battle and add the psychic typing? if so and you use a move or item say recover or max potion, will he turn back into the red hihidaruma?

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i dont know all the deatales but whenever he is at 1/2 HP then hes that form

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Victini is really hard to catch. The thing massacres my team. Everytime I catch it it takes like 10 Great Balls. You cant even get Ultra Balls that early. Has anyone else had that much trouble getting Victini? Im collecting them. The last time I caught it it took 15 Pokeballs, 1 premier ball 3 Heal Balls and 8 Ultra Balls. And them my Pokemon was the last one and had 5 HP left. Yikes that thing is strong

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

robbydebry wrote:
with the new bug pokemon, it was altered by team plasma (similar to how mewtwo came about) so I have to think what was it BEFORE? (it may be a mewtwo mew relationship?)

Okay, from what I know, Genosect is basically a Mewtwo Type (In the fact that is was man made), but it has the plate changing of Arceus. I'm not sure what the plates do, but I think it might have an attack, like Judgement.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Steel_Eel wrote:
robbydebry wrote:
with the new bug pokemon, it was altered by team plasma (similar to how mewtwo came about) so I have to think what was it BEFORE? (it may be a mewtwo mew relationship?)

Okay, from what I know, Genosect is basically a Mewtwo Type (In the fact that is was man made), but it has the plate changing of Arceus. I'm not sure what the plates do, but I think it might have an attack, like Judgement.

Woah, plate-type thing? Where did you find that bit of info!?

**Edit
I just did my research, and this move's lame.
85 base power, 100% accuracy, and the four "cassettes" are Fire, Electric, Water and Ice. Here's why it's lame:
he has access to Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam.
Hm, maybe Water would be useful in taking care of pesky Fire-types...

Ooh, and he has Thunder Wave! So faster-than-99-Speed jerks are less daunting.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:
Steel_Eel wrote:
robbydebry wrote:

Woah, plate-type thing? Where did you find that bit of info!?

**Edit
I just did my research, and this move's lame.
85 base power, 100% accuracy, and the four "cassettes" are Fire, Electric, Water and Ice. Here's why it's lame:
he has access to Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam.
Hm, maybe Water would be useful in taking care of pesky Fire-types...

Ooh, and he has Thunder Wave! So faster-than-99-Speed jerks are less daunting.

Eh, don't bother. He'll most likely end up an uber.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Steel_Eel wrote:
Eh, don't bother. He'll most likely end up an uber.

But we still get about 3 seconds for the page to refresh for him to still be in limbo, so we can use him than...

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm not planning on using him anyway. Most of my event Pokemon are just trophies to show my friends who can't get them.
Anyways, there's this item called a 'God Stone.' It's probably an event item to get one of the event legendaries, but is there any confirmation on what it does?

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next