It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 New Dragon Pokemon 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

GofD wrote:
Wow. It seems people really like the idea of a dragon/poison typing....

Im gonna expand on this.....Let's say for the purpose of this thread they made a dragon/poison, would it have a single evolution ( like swabalu-altaria) or be a triple threat( like gible, gabite, garchomp). Would its first stage be dragon/poison or just poison( like swabalu and trapinch)? What moves could it learn? Abilites?

i dont know

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

GofD wrote:
Wow. It seems people really like the idea of a dragon/poison typing....

Im gonna expand on this.....Let's say for the purpose of this thread they made a dragon/poison, would it have a single evolution ( like swabalu-altaria) or be a triple threat( like gible, gabite, garchomp). Would its first stage be dragon/poison or just poison( like swabalu and trapinch)? What moves could it learn? Abilites?

I say it will be a double evo, and the final result will be a Basilisk-looking Pokemon ( and yes, the mythical one), and the first stage is a Poison/Ground.
As for its moves, Lvl 01: Poison Gas
Lvl 01: Lick
Lvl 06: Bite
Lvl 13: Screech
Lvl 18: Magnitude
Lvl 21: Glare
Lvl 21: Mud Bomb
Lvl 30: Poison Jab
Lvl 35: Dig
Lvl 42: Sandstorm
Lvl 49: Sludge Bomb
Lvl 54: Earth Power
Lvl 59: Gunk Shot
Lvl 60: Earthquake
Lvl 72: Fissure
If you want it to evolve, it will be at level 40.
Lvl 40: Hyper Beam
Lvl 53: Dragonbreath
Lvl 59: Sludge Bomb
Lvl 60: Dragon Claw
Lvl 65: Gastro Acid
Lvl 74: Gunk Shot

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5153353/1/P ... of_Azeroth
This is what I call a true fanfiction! Sequel is now in progress! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7172509/1/B ... _the_Flame
Disclaimer: I do not own them. I merely post it here so that I can share this with you.
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PFZX5DZ~5Dr
Please hatch my eggs !

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dragon/posion = komodo dragon 2 stage evolve, Komodos are known for their toxic saliva

Dragon/ rock= gargoyle pokemon

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

/vXv\ wrote:
Dragon/posion = komodo dragon 2 stage evolve, Komodos are known for their toxic saliva

Dragon/ rock= gargoyle pokemon

a gargoyle dragon would be beast

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:45 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

the last two pages made me lol. but anyway, dragon/poison is pretty much the dragon everyone wants to see, but when GameFreak think of that they'll give it Levitate >.> considering how Seviper and Arbok are both in the dragon egg group, a dragon/poison snake dragon thing makes loads of sense. i want to see a dragon/grass, it will have 5 weaknesses, especially 4x weak to ice and 2x dragon, but also 4 resistances, especially useful resistances to Ground and Electric. It's what Sceptile should have had. STAB Leafstorm and Draco Meteor may be over the top, but it'll make up for bad defensive typing. Defensively, dragon/water is pretty much the best defensive type, because of just one weakness. i'd love to see a dragon/water in the future without the ability to kill all of OU after one dragon dance, instead having a good support movepool, high defensive stats and generally something that lessens the Captain Falcon image that dragon types currently have. oh yeah, and it would be nice for new dragons to actually look like dragons, or at least lizards. Kingdra is a seahorse and Shelgon is a cocoon, yet they are dragons. I hope GameFreak never do that again.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:20 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Slim Shady wrote:
the Captain Falcon image that dragon types currently have

lol

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:17 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As long as there are no more Dragon legendary pokemon. {rayquaza} was cool but {palkia} {dialga} {giratina} are too much and with the black and white cover pokemon as dragons that entirely to many. As for pseudo-legends none. No {garchomp} or {dragonite} kind. I used {salamence} in my emerald and loved it.

Last edited by Dark_Swampert on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm hoping Kibago turns into a Dragon/Fighting. That would give him a weakness from flying and psychic, but it will have resistances from rock. I guess it's a pretty fair trade off.

And I still hope and believe Tsutarja will become part dragon. He has to. Grass needs some serious attention. It's four generations overdue.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AceTrainer wrote:
I'm hoping Kibago turns into a Dragon/Fighting. That would give him a weakness from flying and psychic, but it will have resistances from rock. I guess it's a pretty fair trade off.

And I still hope and believe Tsutarja will become part dragon. He has to. Grass needs some serious attention. It's four generations overdue.

hmm

Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

fifaking wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:

hmm

uh the hmmm is kind of weird but what AceTRainer said is pretty cool to but unfourtanetly kibago will proably be another {garchomp} and be dragon ground

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Wailord_2 wrote:
fifaking wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:

hmm

uh the hmmm is kind of weird but what AceTRainer said is pretty cool to but unfourtanetly kibago will proably be another {garchomp} and be dragon ground

You've got a point it's gonna wind up as another {salamence} or {garchomp}

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AceTrainer wrote:

Is he even confirmed to be a dragon? I don't pay much attention, lol. And i thought that Torterra was a great grass pokemon... just saying.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:

Is he even confirmed to be a dragon? I don't pay much attention, lol. And i thought that Torterra was a great grass pokemon... just saying.

torterra was a good grass type

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ZOMG, DRAGONZ R SO KEWLZ. I HOPEZ DA DRAGONZ IN DIS GEN R AZ KEWLZ AZ BEFOURZ. (just trying to get us back on topic C:)

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Slim Shady wrote:
Kingdra is a seahorse and Shelgon is a cocoon, yet they are dragons. I hope GameFreak never do that again.

What exactly is wrong with the way kingdra looks? it is meant to be a sea dragon and a dragon can look like whatever, would you rather it have been the stereotypical serpent which is an overplayed image or something with ties to its predecessors and is original. While yes shelgon looks like a cocoon that is because it is meant to represent the pupa stage of metamorphosis where a caterpillar becomes a butterfly with WINGS, its meant to do this in a dragonesk way and to tie Bagon to Salamance.

But i digress, I like the idea of a dragon/poison type with non-uber capabilities would fill a nice niche in the OU community, however if another dragon/ground or dragon/flying crops up unnecessarily I will be rather vexed. there are some really good opportunities for GF to make a unique dragon typing and i hope they take it

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Tsutaaja evolving into a Grass/Dragon would be ... just ... fantastic =)

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I usually operate under the MO of new type combos are better, and most of the time don't really evaluate them.

So far, they've given us two new Dragon-related hybrids (Reshiram and Zekrom) in Fire/Dragon and Electric/Dragon. Other than the fact that they are more Dragon Legendaries, I really love the concept.

Here are some combos I would love to see...

Bug/Dragon (dragonfly, people?)- consider that this would "automatically" be non-Uber because of how GF screws with Bugs.
Dark/Dragon- definitely has potential, probably would be Uber though...
Grass/Dragon- screwed up with Sceptile (as most people agree, especially since his counterparts got dual types), need one to rectify both Dragon (in overuse) and Grass (in "under"use) as well as Bug
Ice/Dragon- admittedly, this is what I thought Reshiram was on first glance, and it would have been interesting to see its main weakness (besides itself of course) negated by this typing.
Poison/Dragon- already been discussed, not going to rebut it further.
Rock/Dragon- I mean, c'mon! This would be awesome, and couldn't be a defensive Rock-type...

I know that is basically all the types we have left, but that's exactly my point! :P

Not all at once, perhaps...

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Damnit, I'm sick of people saying Tsutaaja should evolve into a Grass/Dragon. It's not possible. It would make him resist, or at least not x2 weak to fire, which defeats the whole purpose.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ryanh181 wrote:
Damnit, I'm sick of people saying Tsutaaja should evolve into a Grass/Dragon. It's not possible. It would make him resist, or at least not x2 weak to fire, which defeats the whole purpose.

{torterra} and {empoleon} ?

Sure, Torterra has ground type to offset the resistance of Empoleon from grass, but it's the primary type you are trying to point out, right?

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:04 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@AceTrainer: Sceptile was BL, if not OU, in advance. Outsped by just 9 pokemon, 3 of which are ubers, with a good special attack, and a special moveset almost as big as smeargle's. AND subseed.

@Ethereal Ice: I just think that making really abstract Pokemon that ain't anything like what they should be like, like a water type tree, that should be reserved for legends, not for normal Pokemon like Kingdra. But I guess i can't really argue with your point :/

I'd love to see a Dark/Dragon. STAB Pursuit, Outrage and Sucker Punch, possibly with Dragon Dance and Crunch. Either it will become the game-breaking OU that everyone except the extreme optimists will hate, or a {salamence} {garchomp} {wobbuffet}

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:23 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

FIRE/DRAGON, they naturally breathe fire, that's just what they do! Although, it could be a bit broken considering its STAB would be resisted only by Heatran, and Earthquake would fix that.

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

InstantBacon wrote:
FIRE/DRAGON, they naturally breathe fire, that's just what they do! Although, it could be a bit broken considering its STAB would be resisted only by Heatran, and Earthquake would fix that.

yea usually when u think of dragons u think of mythical firebreathing dragons

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:26 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

it would be cool if kibago was a fighting type and its signature move double chop supports this. What animal is kibago based on anyway ( if you have theorys)
it would probaly hint at what it final evolution would be

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DarkTrainer wrote:
it would be cool if kibago was a fighting type and its signature move double chop supports this. What animal is kibago based on anyway ( if you have theorys)
it would probaly hint at what it final evolution would be

Kibago sort of remids of Gible (land shark), yet also sorta reminds of an insect( it just does). That said, im thinking of a few typings

Rock- this has been thrown around a bit in the forum and I think Kibago is a likely candadite.
Bug- It just looks like it, all im saying.
Dark- Not sure, just a gut feeling......

Of course this is all pure speculation (we already know its a dragon type, i think), we'll find out more once its released in Japan.

Still hopin for a dragon/poison.....

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Its a grass snake pokemon so it might be grass/ground grass/poison and very unlikely grass/dragon

{arbok} {seviper}

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next