It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 G5 Wifi discussion. 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So, from what we can tell, there will be a wifi room in every pokecenter including the following 3 features:
1. GTS! YEAH! No word on whether it is the same GTS as G5, but I think they could make that work (if they don't let G4 games see returns looking for G5 guys). I hope it's improved though.
2. Random Wifi battles. YEAH! This is super awesome. Feel like battling someone, go here! AWESOME!
3. Save Data online... THIS is the real question, but apparently you can upload your save file online and do some stuff that affects your game. I think this'll probably act a lot like a pokewalker, that is to say that you upload a "2nd team" of pokemon to the internet, then do some stuff online, and send them back. I can't be sure though.

Overall, 1 and 2 are awesome. I hope 3 is cool, but I don't know.

However, I still want a random online egg-swap (could be a new feature of the GTS), and a wifi adoption center (very unlikely, but mainly because it's such an original idea).

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

There's word out that you can connect with friends within any region of Isshu, not only within the Union room. That maybe you can travel the region and see your friends walking along with you. That's a little cool, but unless there's a proper chat option I don't think I'd be that excited.

In relevance to your #3 point, it's said that you'll be able to unlock hidden areas and events not available on the DS. I think they're gonna try and make their own Shoddy though. (ie upload your Pokemon online and battle against other trainers on the computer).

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like the random battle thing. It'll be challenging for people, and a way to try out different teams, movesets. This is a good thing.

Id like to see the GTS change. I think its convenient to have it in Pokecenters. I think it should have more of a hack checking feature, and a way to check the Pokemon's entire summery so you will really know what you are getting, but i also want to see them allow eggs on the GTS, or an option where yoou can trade a random egg and get a random egg in return.. Id like an option which will allow you to search for Shiny Pokemon.

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AlphaArceus wrote:
I like the random battle thing. It'll be challenging for people, and a way to try out different teams, movesets. This is a good thing.

Id like to see the GTS change. I think its convenient to have it in Pokecenters. I think it should have more of a hack checking feature, and a way to check the Pokemon's entire summery so you will really know what you are getting, but i also want to see them allow eggs on the GTS, or an option where yoou can trade a random egg and get a random egg in return.. Id like an option which will allow you to search for Shiny Pokemon.

I think a shiny search would be too much. However, I am all for a filter that will filter out people asking for legendaries (if you're not searching for a legendary); but that same filter would frick up my bulbasaur breed-then-trade-for-legendary strategy that has worked pretty well thus far.

I'm all for the random egg exchange thing.

However, I still want an adoption center, where you can adopt 1 of 3 random pokemon sent to your game that are derived from pokemon people released on their game. The idea would be that whenever you release a pokemon, it goes to the adoption center... just in case you made a mistake... which holds the last 3 released pokemon. When you go online, the OT, level, pokemon #, and moves of all 3 are sent online, and you get a random 3 pokemon that were sent online back. Your game will then make up new IVs (to save transfer space AND make it more likely you'll want the pokemon you get). EVs will be set at 0.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What they should for the GTS is make it so that you search for a Pokémon like you always do, then filter the results so that it only shows trade options that you could conceivably do at the moment (or like in a half hour). In other words, only show Pokémon that you have data in your Pokédex for. Then you could either trade something you already have or run out really quick and grab one off a route somewhere.

Maybe they should let you bookmark trades too, maybe up to 10 or something and have them automatically deleted if the trade ended.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]