It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:05 am



Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Why won't they make a pure flying? 
Author Message
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:35 pm
Posts: 276
Location: Hiding from the voices
Nosepass wrote:
Saying that a flying type Eeveelution would be Normal/Flying is like saying that Glaceon should be Water/Ice. Dual-type Eeveelutions should not be possible with the current tradition.

Yes, the current tradition. They could always make new traditions and bring in dual-typed Eevees, such as Leaflareon and Psyumbreon. Not going to end well.
But anyways, the reason that there are no pure-flying type Pokemon is simple: I have no idea. If the problem is Roost somehow, just don't let it learn Roost. Besides that, I don't know what Gamefreak's problem is.

_________________
Pokemon Factoid: All computer-controlled Pokemon have Serene Grace, Compoundeyes, and Super Luck at the same time.
Click the eggs/hatchlings or die. (There may be none, but you should click them anyway.)


Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:54 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 3:16 pm
Posts: 555
Location: That's between me and the Danes...
Game Freak is willing to break some traditions, yet leave others unchanged...

_________________
Final Black Team:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Gallade Roxas wrote:
Game Freak is willing to break some traditions, yet leave others unchanged...


Thank you...

Nosepass wrote:
Saying that a flying type Eeveelution would be Normal/Flying is like saying that Glaceon should be Water/Ice. Dual-type Eeveelutions should not be possible with the current tradition.


Since they haven't made a pure Flying Type yet, I say that they won't budge just to keep Eevee's evolutions all a single type thus if they make a Flying Type Eevolution then it will be just end up like every other pokemon with pure Flying Type potiential...being a Normal/Flying Type combo pokemon...

& WTH would that be like saying Glaceon should be Water/Ice when 1. it doesn't learn surf & 2. no other Water/Ice pokemon has been anything but Cold Water dwellers...then there is Cloyster of course but even it is still not more on the Ice Type side then the Water Type unlike Glaceon is...

What I said about Eevee & the pure Flying Type is not non-sense seeing as they have not made a Pure Flying Type in 4 generation with no real reason for doing so unless the Flying Type was meant to be a secondary type only, just saying...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:50 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:52 am
Posts: 2
I THINK THAT UNLESS ITS A DOUBLE TYPE OR LEGENDARY FLYING TYPE, IT WOULD SUCK TOO BAD TO EVEN BOTHER TO MAKE A PURE FLYING TYPE. NOW THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, BUT FLYING IS ONE OF THE WORST TYPES. I THINK ITS MOVES ARE INADEQUATE. SINCE ALL FLYING TYPES SO FAR HAVE BEEN A DOUBLE TYPE, THEY ARENT TOO BAD BECAUSE OF THE INCREASED MOVESET, BUT A PURE FLYING WOULD JUST BE LAME (TO PUT IT BLUNTLY). NOW FLYING TYPES SUCH AS HO-OH, LUGIA, DRAGONITE, ALTARIA, AND RAYQUAZA ARE PRETTY GOOD. BUT THE STARTING BIRDS ARE USUALLY LAME AND SHOULD ONLY BE RAISED FOR THE EVOLUTIONS IN THE POKEDEX.

_________________
DragonSquirrel


Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:04 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:58 pm
Posts: 101
@Dragonsquirrel

to turn off caps locks press caps lock just to let you know


Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:19 am
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:43 am
Posts: 30
personally, i am of the opinion that if a pure flying were to be made it would not be a bird or a dragon, but a creature made entirely out of moving air (wind). i cannot think of another type for such a creature

_________________
Bug, ghost and water!


Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:26 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:58 pm
Posts: 101
drifloon and drimblim could bepure flying without the ghost characteristics
since they are floting baloons and never touch theground


Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:50 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:57 am
Posts: 227
Location: If I told you, you'd have to kill me.
if i didn't know any better(and i don't) i'd say that game freak is avoiding a pure flying type

_________________
http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=27427
--The Island--
--Crush--
Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...


Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:51 pm
Posts: 616
Location: hiding in my hoenn secret base
maybe the falcon looking thing is pure flying :D

im hoping.

it looks bad ass

_________________
Veni Vidi Vici



I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.


Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:17 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Jagged Pass... lat 32.93, long 131.11
KingErick wrote:
maybe the falcon looking thing is pure flying :D

im hoping.

it looks bad ass

It's not.
It's Normal/Flying.

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Avatar courtesy of Magikarps_Beast


Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 pm
Posts: 1196
Location: William McKinley High School. Lima, Ohio.
red kyogre wrote:

they still cant be pure flying because they have feet so they have not be flying at some point, but i do agree that the concept of a cloud or something of that nature could be the only possible pure flying type


When did not having feet become a requirement to be a pure Flying type? Its like saying all Fire types have to have Red or Fire somewhere on their body to be classified as a Fire type. Or any other physical trait. Therefore your argument isn't very plausible. Just because a Pokemon doesn't do something related to its type every minute of its life doesn't mean it isn't of that type.

_________________
Image
I suck at WiFi battling.


Last edited by shinashu taji on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:03 pm
Profile
Fails at life
Fails at life

Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 7:14 am
Posts: 218
Location: Wherever isn't boring...
well let's face it. Now dual type flying types are tradition. That tradition won't break easily. The best way to have them make one from the top of my head is make a petition and have AT LEAST 500,000 people sign it. Best to do over the internet. Maybe have them post one on the official websites. But MAYBE the demand will get large enough they won't need a petition, but that's if like half the fanbase wants it or so...maybe less but anyway...

{gallade}

_________________
Image Image


Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:07 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:57 am
Posts: 227
Location: If I told you, you'd have to kill me.
shinashu taji wrote:
red kyogre wrote:

they still cant be pure flying because they have feet so they have not be flying at some point, but i do agree that the concept of a cloud or something of that nature could be the only possible pure flying type


When did not having feet become a requirement to be a pure Flying type? Its like saying all Fire types have to have Red or Fire somewhere on their body to be classified as a Fire type. Or any other physical trait. Therefore your argument isn't very plausible. Just because a Pokemon doesn't do something related to its type every minute of its life doesn't mean it isn't of that type.


here, here

_________________
http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=27427
--The Island--
--Crush--
Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...


Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 pm
Posts: 1196
Location: William McKinley High School. Lima, Ohio.
Its not going against tradition or anything. They already have confirmed dual Flying types. Still a petition wouldn't get anything accomplished it would even be pointless to try. Still have hope that when one of the already confirmed ones evolve they just might drop their Normal type.

_________________
Image
I suck at WiFi battling.


Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:12 pm
Profile
Fails at life
Fails at life

Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 7:14 am
Posts: 218
Location: Wherever isn't boring...
what I meant to say is that it's not exactly tradition but they've always done it so...the chance of getting a pure flying type is slim. and there's not to much we can do really

{gallade}

or something like that...

_________________
Image Image


Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:59 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:51 pm
Posts: 616
Location: hiding in my hoenn secret base
honestly- ive been playing pokemon for 12 years and i dont give a damn (pardon my language) about the fact that most flyings are dual types since i think it adds characters.

i and the majority of people couldnt care less and i think a pure flying type would be tacky since the normal sub-type reflects the aspect of its generic moves that arent unique.

flame away

_________________
Veni Vidi Vici



I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.


Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:04 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Posts: 289
Location: i'm not tellng where i live, Stalker....
the only flying type is {arceus}, and i still think it's cheating!

_________________
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage


Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:47 am
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
KingErick wrote:
i and the majority of people couldnt care less and i think a pure flying type would be tacky since the normal sub-type reflects the aspect of its generic moves that arent unique.

Umm, okay...yeah, Normal Type was the Main Type & Flying was the Sub Type...again, for the last time, the Flying Type is always the Sub Type except with Arceus & that's only a special circumstance imo seeing that it can be any type when given the proper Plate Item to hold(& no I'm not considering ??? a type cause it technically isn't one)...

Steelbound wrote:
the only flying type is {arceus}, and i still think it's cheating!

That's sad actually seeing as the Flying Type is not among the strongest types in the game in general anyway, just saying...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:38 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:32 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Not in Singapore.
Everyone assumes that there will only be single-type Eeveelutions, but only on threads about additional Eeveelutions. Everyone also assumes that there will not be a pure Flying type Pokémon, but only when it applies. Flying Eeveelutions have been suggested, and have not been shot down for this reason.

Ignoring Eevee, the first reason to be assumed for the phenomenon was the effects of Roost. However, that was proven implausible by Frost early on. Now, it seems that people are more concentrated on "Even though it's flying, I can still tie it down to another type." Normal is typically that other type. However, the definition of "Normal" is very unclear. Now, before this ridiculous debate continues, WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA FOR A POKÈMON TO BE NORMAL-TYPE? This thread really can't meaningfully progress without agreeing on that.

_________________
Image
Hamiforbeeterra's credit to Rocket's Game Corner.
Dunmaorprasecutail's (also: Whakadon) credit (avatar) to Mektar.


Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:21 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Jagged Pass... lat 32.93, long 131.11
Good point Nosepass.

After much stress on my behalf to try and come up with something common, I couldn't.
SO! I'll contribute by listing all Normal-types in this thread so we can brainstorm together.

Firstly, all pure Normal-types:
{rattata} {raticate} {cleffa} {clefairy} {clefable} {igglybuff} {jigglypuff} {wigglytuff}
{meowth} {persian} {lickitung} {lickilicky} {happiny} {chansey} {blissey} {kangaskhan} {tauros}
{ditto} {eevee} {porygon} {porygon2} {porygon-z} {munchlax} {snorlax}
{sentret} {furret} {togepi} {aipom} {ambipom} {dunsparce} {snubbull} {granbull}
{teddiursa} {ursaring} {stantler} {smeargle} {miltank} {zigzagoon} {linoone} {slakoth} {vigoroth} {slaking}
{whismur} {loudred} {exploud} {azurill} {skitty} {delcatty} {spinda} {zangoose} {castform}
{kecleon} {bidoof} {buneary} {lopunny} {glameow} {purugly} {regigigas} {arceus}

Now, all the dual-typed Normal-types:
{pidgey} {pidgeotto} {pidgeot} {spearow} {fearow} {farfetch'd} {doduo} {dodrio}
{hoothoot} {noctowl} {togetic} {togekiss} {girafarig} {taillow} {swellow}
{swablu} {starly} {staravia} {staraptor} {bibarel} {chatot}

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Avatar courtesy of Magikarps_Beast


Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:18 pm
Profile
Fails at life
Fails at life

Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 7:14 am
Posts: 218
Location: Wherever isn't boring...
ill say one thing, the colors pink, purple and brown seem to pop up a lot.

_________________
Image Image


Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:35 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:57 am
Posts: 227
Location: If I told you, you'd have to kill me.
mabey normal means that the color is bland, as in"i am grey, brown and white, but my design is awesome so they let me be a pokemon"
we could try:
a normal type pokemon is a pokemon that resembles a real animal in any way, shape or form, or has a brief backround but does not fit into any other type. as in porygon could hav been a psychic, but because it was made by man, but psychicness can't be, it was made normal. a normal type pokemon can change its type at will. these include castform, arcues, eevee, ditto, kecleon, porygon, porygon2, porygon-z. a normal type is a pokemon that fits into the "other" catagory. this includes munchlax, snorlax, dunsparc, smergle, wishmur, loudred, exploud, regigigas, cleffa, clefariy, clefable, kengeskahn, spinda, the "egg" and evolutions, 'puff, 'buff, 'tuff, lickitung, lickilicky.
it needs a polishing, but it works.

_________________
http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=27427
--The Island--
--Crush--
Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...


Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:40 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:27 am
Posts: 32
Location: I BEET RED BOW DOWN BEFORE ME AND GIVE ME MONEY!!
well i hope in black and white they make a cloud pokemon how could that not be a pure flying type


Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:07 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
azmeux wrote:
well i hope in black and white they make a cloud pokemon how could that not be a pure flying type

{swablu}{altaria}??
the normal types seem to be things that are based off of real life. for instance, you take rats for granted, right?? and pidgeons?? {rattata} and {pidgey}. and so on. but that doesn't really work for kangaskhan (although frost mentioned that it's a kangaroo, something that had never occurred to me before...) and Whismur's family, among others.

_________________
Image


Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:18 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:27 am
Posts: 32
Location: I BEET RED BOW DOWN BEFORE ME AND GIVE ME MONEY!!
rex09 wrote:
azmeux wrote:
well i hope in black and white they make a cloud pokemon how could that not be a pure flying type

{swablu}{altaria}??
the normal types seem to be things that are based off of real life. for instance, you take rats for granted, right?? and pidgeons?? {rattata} and {pidgey}. and so on. but that doesn't really work for kangaskhan (although frost mentioned that it's a kangaroo, something that had never occurred to me before...) and Whismur's family, among others.


i forgot about them well um...... i got nothing for a pure flying type


Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.