It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Why won't they make a pure flying? 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
KingErick wrote:
and i dont see there being a pure flying type and to be honest it doesnt bug. The secondary types add flavor.

It doesn't bug me either, especially if they keep heading in the direction of say, Staraptor & all...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
KingErick wrote:
and i dont see there being a pure flying type and to be honest it doesnt bug. The secondary types add flavor.

It doesn't bug me either, especially if they keep heading in the direction of say, Staraptor & all...

personally, i hated the way staraptor looked, but it was more useful battle/competition-wise than other flying-types, imo......

Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:19 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

rex09 wrote:
but it was more useful battle/competition-wise than other flying-types, imo......

Maybe this is why I said "especially if they keep heading in the direction of say, Staraptor & all" not talking about looks, see lol?...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:31 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

KingErick wrote:
Gible23 wrote:
I don't think they should make an eeveelution that's pure flying in fact they should've stopped making the eeveelutions after umbreon and espeon and as for the Arceus thing I don't mean something that can be made flying due to a plate or conversion or anything like that I mean a pure bird looking possibly or something similar flying type. If you've beeen keeping track flying is the most diverse type.
Flying/Grass-Tropius
Flying/Fire-Moltres
Flying/Water-Wingull
Flying/Electric-Zapdos
Flying/Ice-Articuno
Flying/Dragon-Dragonite
Flying/Normal-Pidgey
Flying/Poison-Zubat
Flying/Psychic-Natu
Flying/Bug-Butterfree
Flying/Steel-Skarmory
Flying/Dark-Murkrow
Flying/Rock-Aerodactyl
Flying/Ground-Gligar
Besides Ghost and Fighting Flying has covered every type but there's no Flying pure.

driflim

Edit:Forgot Driflim but the thing is I'm not bugged at all by the fact that there's not one I just think if your going to make pures of everything else you might want to do it for every type and not just exclude one type because the secondary type is a compliment and I do agree a second type adds a little pizazz

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
rex09 wrote:
but it was more useful battle/competition-wise than other flying-types, imo......

Maybe this is why I said "especially if they keep heading in the direction of say, Staraptor & all" not talking about looks, see lol?...

see, that's what i thought, but i just had to throw in my two cents on its looks as well...

Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:02 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Oh well my bad then...I think it looks worst then Pidgeot but it in no way looks bad, just unique...

Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
or it could be a legendary that rules over all the other flying types (a god of sorts, if you will). then it would relate to all the other flyers.... and thereby, none of them. am i making sense??

Wouldn't that be Rayquaza?

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The whole thing about roost on a pure flying though is this, they could either have a pure flying and let it know Roost, and when it uses it, it stays flying, or it could go to ??? type, or it could just not learn Roost at all.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gallade Roxas wrote:
rex09 wrote:
or it could be a legendary that rules over all the other flying types (a god of sorts, if you will). then it would relate to all the other flyers.... and thereby, none of them. am i making sense??

Wouldn't that be Rayquaza?

no, rayquaza guards it, and imo, was never represented as a god. besides, even if it was, we have two time pokemon ({dialga}{celebi}) so why not two air/flying god-things??

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:14 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Celebi and Dialga do not have the same time-related powers, or at least they've never been shown to have the same ones in any of the franchise's canons. Celebi, at best, can travel through time itself and take others with it. It brought Meowth and May back in time in the anime, Ethan and Lyra back in time in HGSS, and some other things like that. Dialga can explicitly MANIPULATE time, which is a range of abilities far beyond mere time travel. Anyone ever see that movie Clockstoppers? Dialga can probably do the same crap those magical watches did and a lot more.

It's also not unreasonable to think the RSE weather trio are gods. They are based on biblical figures, and the events of Generation III portray them having catastrophic power, whether it be extreme flooding, extreme drought, or ability to block all types of weather period. Rayquaza may not be explicitly called a god but it might as well be. Same for any other Pokemon or group of Pokemon who could collectively END HUMANITY using natural forces.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Celebi can only travel though time. Dialga CONTROLS time itself.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

okayokayokay, i get you guys' points. but what i'm trying to say is, there is more than one pokemon relating to certain qualities of the world (in the example of celebi and dialga, time). so thereby, you can have more than one "god" if you will, of air. which would be perfect for a pure flying type. and go clockstoppers!!! lolz

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:54 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I would perfer if they would just take the Normal Type away from every Normal/Flying Type pokemon already in existance & also stop making Normal/Flying Type pokemon all together except maybe 1 or a few more then that...but this is clearly not going to happen which is at least a tiny bit sad...

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
I would perfer if they would just take the Normal Type away from every Normal/Flying Type pokemon already in existance & also stop making Normal/Flying Type pokemon all together except maybe 1 or a few more then that...but this is clearly not going to happen which is at least a tiny bit sad...

That's actually a really good point.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:

well hey, I remember making a thread in the gsc section about remaking GSC on the ds which was far long ago, early when the ds was just made, and Lord behold, they remade it. You never know. :D

BEAST MODE

#E3CF57 reference ;]

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:36 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Platypus wrote:
well hey, I remember making a thread in the gsc section about remaking GSC on the ds which was far long ago, early when the ds was just made, and Lord behold, they remade it. You never know. :D

Well tbbh, they also remade the Kanto games in Gen III & left unrelenting signals in various games that this was going to occur as where what I am suggesting(in a way) there is absolutely no indication that it will ever happen & small indications that it will never happen, one of them being that absolutely every non-elemental Bird pokemon is of the Normal/Flying type combo & there is no other pokemon with 1 or 2 types where Flying is the only or 1st Type respectively...I mean there is even a Ground/Rock Type combo via the 1st Gen(Rhyhorn family) to go along with all those Rock/Ground Type combos, but no Flying/Other Type combo pokemon...

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Platypus wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:

Yeah, but everyone was speculating about GSC remakes at that time.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

they made starly and that new pokemon bird are normal/flying to avoid a pure flying and if they did it most likely to not have rooste

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jaypokes wrote:
they made starly and that new pokemon bird are normal/flying to avoid a pure flying and if they did it most likely to not have rooste

frost already pretty much knocked that reason out of the ballpark..... on the first page, i think. and i think those two were more conforming to the pidgey mold than anything else. just my opinion, tho.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:10 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Has anyone argued other reasons?

I believe that the Normal type is a "catch-all" type.

It can mean several things.
1. Nintendo wants a Pokémon to be dual-type, but they don't have a fitting second type.
2. This Pokémon does not have an element attached to it, since it is physical using its body and surroundings, but not physical enough to be placed in the "Fighting" category.
3. This Pokémon is based on a principle too abstract to be placed in any other type.
4. This Pokémon closely mimics its base animal's behavior.

Nearly any Pokémon can be "Normal" type. Bibarel and Girafarig have little difference from other Pokémon in their second type. Since nearly any Pokémon can be classified as "Normal", then virtually all single-type Pokémon can have this element attached to it as a second type.

Since such an element exists, then why don't all mainly physical single-type Pokémon have it? What quality makes Pidgey more normal than any single-type Pokémon? I do not believe that "everything flying can be classified as something else" is a legitimate reason, because {charmander}, {charmeleon}, {squirtle}, {wartortle}, {blastoise}, {caterpie}, {metapod}, {ekans}, {arbok}, {pikachu}, {raichu}, {sandshrew}, {sandslash}, {nidoran f}, {nidorina}, {nidoran m}, {nidorino}, {vulpix}. {ninetales}, {diglett}, {dugtrio}, {psyduck}, {golduck}, {mankey}, {primeape}, {growlithe}, {arcanine}, {poliwag}, {poliwhirl}, {abra}, {kadabra}, {alakazam}, {machop}, {machoke}, {machamp}... could all be classified as Normal-types due to the lack of another type and Normal's ambiguity. The real question is "Why are Flying-types 'normal' and why aren't other types of Pokémon?"

Note: For those of you who want ALL the Eeveelutions, then that would create a pure Flying-type.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

There are plenty of ideas that could be pure Flying and wouldn't have to be tied down to another type.
Why do I say this? Because I thought of one, and if I can do that, there must be much more out there.

My idea, something tied to wind.
Non-physical, but not a Ghost. There is already a bunch of attacks wind-related.
I think it'd be fun.

Or they could create a Burmy-inspired family of elementals.
And I mean elemental as in Oxygen, Gold, Arsenic, etc.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:03 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Gallade Roxas wrote:
Ryanh181 wrote:
It could be a cloud or something...

Swablu... Altaria...

Like I said, Swablu is probably the only thing that could come off as a pure Flying-type.

they still cant be pure flying because they have feet so they have not be flying at some point, but i do agree that the concept of a cloud or something of that nature could be the only possible pure flying type

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It is probable that Nintendo will succumb to the absolutely massive amount of people wanting 17 Eeveelutions.

HASN'T ANYONE NOTICED THAT THERE MUST BE A PURE FLYING TYPE IF ALL 17 EXIST?

Seriously. Too many fans want all of the Eeveelutions. For those Eevee fans, then the search stops here for a possible pure Flying-type.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:59 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Nosepass wrote:
It is probable that Nintendo will succumb to the absolutely massive amount of people wanting 17 Eeveelutions.

HASN'T ANYONE NOTICED THAT THERE MUST BE A PURE FLYING TYPE IF ALL 17 EXIST?

Seriously. Too many fans want all of the Eeveelutions. For those Eevee fans, then the search stops here for a possible pure Flying-type.

I think that when they make the Flying Eevolution(excuse me, IF they do anyway) that it will instead just end up being Normal/Flying like everything else that has pure Flying Type potiential...meh...

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:38 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Saying that a flying type Eeveelution would be Normal/Flying is like saying that Glaceon should be Water/Ice. Dual-type Eeveelutions should not be possible with the current tradition.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next