It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Annoying things you hope they fix in G5 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I totally have not been keeping up with any of the gen 5 stuff, but I'd like to see:
the Vs Seeker back
the ability to feed multiple rare candies / vitamins at once
the ability to dump my entire party in the PC (they could just make it so you cant leave the pokecenter without a poke in your party)
better search functions for the GTS. like filter for shinies and search for trainers looking for bulbasaurs so i can offload the 100+ that i bred and spread happiness through the pokemon world at the same time
the return of the secret bases from RSE. those were fun, i had several bases to visit from friends with their teams i could battle. they should bring that back
some sort of EV training park, where each section has pokemon to train a certain stat
the ability to lock two IVs when breeding
pokemon contests from RSE (the dancing in gen 4 was just.... idk... not my thing)
and while i'm at it, update My Pokemon Ranch in north america to accommodate all the gen 4 / gen 5 games. i think japan only went as far as an update for platinum.
and something that might be too much work to actually do: it would be fun if you could select the season (by choosing one of 4 clothing sets for your character), and dress the people / change the scenery accordingly. tho i guess the swimmers would have problems in the winter setting.... make them figure skaters? and have ice pokes instead of a million tentacools for the wild pokemon? heh, that would be neat
oh! and i wish i could tell the day care couple what moveset i wanted my pokemon to have when it came out of there. like "Could you please make sure my silly bulbasaur does not forget Power Whip. I'd like him to still have that when I come back."

Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Secret bases
multiple fed vitamins and rare candies
the abillity to actually LOOK UP pokemon in the pokedex by typing their names in
less zubats, golbats, and tentacools
EV training park
and so much more. I borrowed all but one from others.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:13 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

-I agree with the capitalization of the Pokemon names, I'm tired of running into wild "CATERPIE!", when it could easily be Caterpie.

-The Pokedex should have better search and sort options and you should be able to type a Pokemon's name in, For example as a searh and sort, you should be able to list every Poison type pokemon and list them from tallest to shortest, or be able to get only the heaviest Pokemon of each type. Also, the "Area" option should also give the levels of the Pokemon there.

-Battle Tower/Online Battles should count towards your Pokedex, simple as that, if you see a Feebas in the Battle Tower (for some god awful reason), you should then be able to trade for a Feebas.

-When you use an item from your bag (outside of battles of course) and you select an item, it should as the simple question, "How many?" and then you use that many. Tada!

-PC storage space for both items and Pokemon should be bigger, simple request. For space for items means that when you're near the end of the game, you won't thave issues with have to throw away something potentially useful. More space for Pokemon is obvious, adding in several more boxes so that you can have one of each Pokemon and a extra box or two, this way all those extra shiny Pokemon and eggs won't waste precious box space.

-A "Training Area" so that you don't have to travel to some cave out in the middle of nowhere to train your Pokemon over a certain level. It should be easy to use, you can select a level setting (Level 10-20, for example) and a there ya go, you have wild Pokemon to battle that are anywhere between level 10 and 20 and when your done, you can come back another time and pick another setting, of course this couldn't go all the way to level 100, but capping it off around level 80 will be fine.

-A "Fast Level-Up Item" similar to the EXP Share or Amulet Coin in the sense that you only get one of them per game, but it gives the Pokemon holding it double EXP, so that you can train your Giratina to level 100 in a reasonable time period. Note, it should not give the Pokemon double EVs, since that would completely make other EV training items almost useless.

Most of these seem like simple requests, and the one's I've mentioned but haven't seen are probably mentioned somewhere else in the thread, since I'm assuming at one point most of you guys thought about similar things.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:14 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"-A "Fast Level-Up Item" similar to the EXP Share or Amulet Coin in the sense that you only get one of them per game, but it gives the Pokemon holding it double EXP, so that you can train your Giratina to level 100 in a reasonable time period. Note, it should not give the Pokemon double EVs, since that would completely make other EV training items almost useless."

There's the Lucky Egg that you find on wild Chansey. I don't think it gives double, but it does give a boost.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GET RID OF LAME HMS!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't we have key items instead of weak hms? We could have an Ax for cutting trees, and a Hammer for smashing rocks. And once we smash/cut it, can't it STAY smashed/cutted?

And instead of fly, we could have a Teleporter!

And for surf, make that a TM since its clearly the best HM. So instead of that, we could have a Scuba Gear.

But here's what really makes me mad: when we are surfing with the pokemon, we see trainers SWIMMING WITHOUT POKEMON out in the water. Why aren't they ridding on their own pokemon while we're forced to do?

Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Not a bad idea.
Oh, and let's get the surfing speed of Hoen back if they keep HMs! It's really freakin' annoying to surf at walking speed. Some one might have mentioned this, but I don't know.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp wrote:
The main thing I'd like to see return is Vs. Seeker. The phone is a god awful idea that BEGS for apocalypse. Why get rid of the Vs. Seeker that was so convenient in LeafGreen, FireRed, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum? There was NO REASON SoulSilver/HeartGold/Emerald didn't get the **** Vs. Seeker. How was I supposed to grind to beat Red? Beat the Elite Four 340543257034 times? Lance is just as hard as he is! I never realized how annoying the phone really was until I played HeartGold/SoulSilver. I don't need to listen to Joey rant about his top percentage Rattata, nor do I need to hear about Lyra's Marill evolving (which apparently evolves into Azumarill then devolves because she's called me more than once about it.) I guess the phone was nice to rematch against the gym leaders again, but can't they work that out some other way? p.s. Match Call is obnoxious too but not in the way the phone was in HGSS

I know, the Vs Seeker was so helpful in FireRed!
Even though I never use it, many others use it. It most certainly beats beating the elite 4 a hundred times. And in Gen. 4, it took nearly 10 times longer to beat the elite 4 than in Firered.

And with the phone, I HATE THAT ****ING PHONE! When I was playing my Soul Silver, a cheap bug catcher calls me to battle him again. If I could acually talk to him, I would say "Dude, I don't want to battle you! You know I will beat you again! Now don't call me again or i'll sue you!"

And I don't want to have to call a gym leader to rematch him. Couldnt I just walk up to him and challenge him right there? Kinda like in Platinum, only certain leaders were there each day. And even if I still have to call him, I don't want to wait till Thursday or whatever to fight them.
All in all, I HATE THE PHONE!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
the versus seeker is the only way to get to ln 100 without rare candy-ing up your pokemon, stupid joey can burn and die, anywho why is it that some games run into shinies like, every time they battle and other never do?

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'd like the Pokenav back. Not the d@mn phone. Another thing: TIE THE FRIGGIN WINSTRATE KNOT!!! They said and I quote: "Our grandson is challeneging the pokemon league as we speak! I'll bet he's the champion by know." "Mom is stronger than dad, I'm stronger than mom, and grandma is stronger than me! But my brother's even stronger than her." "Maybe you'll face my son some day." And yet we still haven't, and they never specified which pokemon league challenge, did they? COME ON GEN. 5!!! LET A WINSTRATE BE THE CHAMPION!!! or at least in the E4....

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:31 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Uh I hate to burst your bubble but Steven is the winstrates son that they are talking about and Iam pretty sure it shows you that it shows that in the pokemon anime

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:10 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Steven is the son of the guy who owns the Devon Corporation, hence his last name "Stone." This is true both in the games and in the anime, the latter of which is irrelevant to this discussion anyway since the games are the primary source.

The Winstrate son is a regular Trainer on Victory Road.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:
The Winstrate son is a regular Trainer on Victory Road.
'Tis true! I believe his name is cooltrainer Victor?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:24 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Cool it krisp found out , the guys name is vito

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I agree there is alot of text, but I hope they dont take it out because when it's my first time playing a new pokemon game I like reading the text. A thing I hope they fix is that in double/triple battles they fix it where you choose 1 move for each pokemon and even if 1 of the moves kills, it still takes away PP (Power Points).

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I hope they bring back a decent place to level up after EV training. D/P had a good spot, but SS/HG have nothing...

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4