It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 WHY GEV V WILL SUCK AND ITS POKEMON ARE UNORIGINAL 
The Geek
The Geek

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Fri May 28, 2010 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ROFL. but it's probably true. maybe that's what makes it funny.... well, i guess i'll try to keep this in mind from now on...

Fri May 28, 2010 9:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Actually, sorry, but that is one &*%&^*O %^I&O^ing ugly pokemon. You want to know how I know it's ugly? Because when I compare it to the pig, which is rather original and rather not ugly, it's ugly.

That said, since Generation IV, we've entered into the full-on "homage" Pokemon era, where some pokemon resemble past pokemon JUST for homage value, which is nice - and yet unoriginal at the same time. The problem is that this pokemon is just plain ugly. Which, in and of itself, is not a problem - but the fact it's a STARTER (and the grass starter is fairly ugly too) DOES cause problems.

The fact I thought "digimon" when I saw the Black/White legendaries, however, is a whole 'nother can of worms.

Fri May 28, 2010 9:12 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

omg i agree with samantha. so ugly!!!!!!!!1

Sat May 29, 2010 4:45 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A lot of people need to be shown that picture. Honestly.

And I can't really understand how "a bit more detail" automatically translates to "Digimon" in people's minds. Reshiram and Zekrom don't really look like Digimon at all, people just seem to say it because they aren't as simple as Mew or Lugia. :|
Haven't people ever thought that the game's artists might want to improve? Anyone who draws should be able to understand that.
EDIT:
I mean this:
Imagine you're seeing these guys for the first time. Which looks better? (and no, I have nothing against Mewtwo, it's just an example)

And magically, after a while I've already started to like the water starter. He's all cool now.

Sat May 29, 2010 9:27 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

But seriously is it really a surprise? Nintendo is straining their imagination because there is almost 500 Pokemon as of right now. By now it's not that surprising that some Pokemon don't look as good as the older ones (Because Nintendo is running out of ideas). I go by a saying that says "Looks are not everything". I like a lot of Pokemon regardless of whether or not they look ugly. I don't let something like age be a factor of what Pokemon I like or even liking Pokemon in general. In my opinion, the picture is pointless because of what I just said.

Sat May 29, 2010 2:53 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Mewtwelve wrote:
And I can't really understand how "a bit more detail" automatically translates to "Digimon" in people's minds. Reshiram and Zekrom don't really look like Digimon at all, people just seem to say it because they aren't as simple as Mew or Lugia. :|
Haven't people ever thought that the game's artists might want to improve? Anyone who draws should be able to understand that.

As a person who draws myself, I completely agree with this & now that you mention it, Reshiram & more importanly Zekrom do not look like digimon really at all, just that because of the fact that they are pretty much all 1 color at this point in time is putting that in people's heads weither they admit it or not...

Also, I may not like Mujimara but it is not UGLY, just more or less, so so...however, that comic is hilarious & actually has a lesson to teach many people about expanding there horizon at least a little bit anyway...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat May 29, 2010 5:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mewtwelve wrote:
A lot of people need to be shown that picture. Honestly.

Actually, I was refering to the white one, whose tail "cage" reminds me of some of the oramentation on digimon.

There's a difference between "more detail" and "Oops, is that mechanical on an otherwise flesh and blood pokemon?" Magmortar and Electrivire have this problem too.

Sun May 30, 2010 12:14 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like Samantha's boobs when shes 24 :D

Sun May 30, 2010 8:33 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I still think less detail makes is more "old school" and thus, better in my opinion. I personally like Zekrom, but the lines all here and there make it look like a robot o.O

And btw, get a better and cooler picture of mewtwo before comparing, not a little one left from RBY graphics with all the pixels visible :D

Sun May 30, 2010 9:43 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Shadock wrote:
And btw, get a better and cooler picture of mewtwo before comparing, not a little one left from RBY graphics with all the pixels visible :D

You completely missed my point. The Mewtwo there is the old official art, and I put it there to show how Sugimori's art has improved over these years.

Sun May 30, 2010 10:03 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ok seriously, what did Mijumaru ever do to you? It's not even ugly! Design flaws has existed since Generation 1 if you looked at all of them hard enough. In my opinion unoriginal designs became more rare over the years but instead what was happening was an increase of detail in some of the Pokemon.
And lik Mewtwelve I also made a similar pic on DA for comparison of a Legendary from each generation just to show what I mean. Designs, in my opinion, actually got better over the years but detail in them also increased which is the real reason they seem bad:

Sun May 30, 2010 12:01 pm
The Geek
The Geek

And, for those of you who still don't get it:
Source

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Sun May 30, 2010 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

That was incredible somehow...I am actually effected by that large panel strip of mostly affection...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun May 30, 2010 5:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Um, Jigglypuff, I literally just cried.
Beautiful =')

Sun May 30, 2010 11:27 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

That was actually pretty cool. I was going to pick Mijumaru from the start, but this "comic" made it better! He's super cute. The frown makes me feel like I have a connection, because I frown a lot too. I just hope he looks alright when he evolves, I hope he doesnt evolve into some like, fat angry beaver or something...

Sun May 30, 2010 11:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lol, I get what you mean jiggz. I don't feel compelled to buy pokemon anymore for that reason tbh. :'(

Mon May 31, 2010 3:20 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I refuse to give in to ad misericordiam. I no longer hate Mijumaru, but I still find no reason to actually have to love it.

And as for the first picture, if that is true, how come we still like other pokemon?

I guess it's all just personal choice. We are not telling you to hate Mijumaru, why are you forcing us to like it or why are you making us look idiots or dumbasses for hating something we don't really like anyway?

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Mon May 31, 2010 4:32 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I still think Mijumaru looks bleh.

But I don't think Pokemon are becoming less creative. The artists are only developing their style. I like and dislike some Pokemon from every generation. So far, I like every single one from generation 5; I just don't like Mijumaru so much. Oh, and maybe Zekrom, but that's only because I generally dislike big, robot-like, manly man Pokemon.

Mon May 31, 2010 12:36 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
Beautiful =')

It is really better then most shows on television sending a simular message...

I never ever choose a pokemon based off of it's color, just mostly based off of it's looks & sometimes it's Base Stats(hey, I could never train a pokemon if I though it was ugly...unless being ugly makes it look somehow correct imo), I don't even really put any though into buying a pokemon game based on anything(well, to now anyway), I just always brought the 1 that I found more appealing or sometimes the 1 that's less popular starting with Gold Version which I picked over Silver Version because I back then found Gold far better then Silver as a color...

This time around I'm picking mygame based souly off of instinct once I get enough info & arrive at the store to buy whatever version, I mean I like Reshiman better then Zekrom but I like White better then Black as a color & until now though of White as the least popular color, meh...

Mon May 31, 2010 1:12 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Aww...

Now I HAVE to pick him! Maybe. If his typeing is good.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon May 31, 2010 5:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Savage Hunter wrote:
That was actually pretty cool. I was going to pick Mijumaru from the start, but this "comic" made it better! He's super cute. The frown makes me feel like I have a connection, because I frown a lot too. I just hope he looks alright when he evolves, I hope he doesnt evolve into some like, fat angry beaver or something...

It's so cute, why do people hate it?

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:13 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

;(

main reason why I don't like mijumaru so much

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:07 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Knighty wrote:
It's so cute, why do people hate it?

This & I want to know why it frowning is anything but cute & adorable? It shows that it's just a baby in a way...

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:50 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:
Beautiful =')

I, on the other hand, writhed like a demon burned by searing light only to retreat to the shadows until such time as the power of these new creatures is revealed that I might be the hand to guide their mischief in this new and unsuspecting world. Although the powers of flame and serpent are at first recognized for their known potential one must not so easily discount the force of the unyielding tide. Cast not thine eye upon the shapeless clay and look beyond to the finished masterwork that shall stand as a monument to the glory of a new reign that no man can deny!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:00 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next