It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 WHY GEV V WILL SUCK AND ITS POKEMON ARE UNORIGINAL 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, i can tell you for certain that Reshiram will be Pokemon Black's mascot and Zekrom will be Pokemon White's mascot. Whether they are caught in those games or in both games, we do not know but its highly likely that you catch them in those games. And i think (JUST think)that the background behind them will be some sort of good/evil...Light/dark theme. Zekrom, creator of all evil...Reshiram, creator of all good.
And we do not know at all if team rocket will be in these games.
And theres been discussion about the name of the third installment of Gen V here.
And finally, chanses are, we wont see/hear anything about the third legendary until:
a) someone hacks a B/W game and finds it in the dex (if not catchable in B/W but trade-able from 'third game').
b) you can catch it in B/W like Giratina in D/P.
c) Info on the third game is heard about (thats probably a definate for the background behind it.)

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i don't think it'll be good and evil per se, but i'll go with the light/dark theme (yin/yang principles or whatever; they balance the world).

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm putting my vote down on nature vs. technology.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:33 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That's immediately what I thought when I heard of Black City/White Forest.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:54 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Spoinkable wrote:
I'm putting my vote down on nature vs. technology.

Ryanh181 wrote:
That's immediately what I thought when I heard of Black City/White Forest.

Yeah, I'm putting my vote here as well...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

<shrugs, then gets "wow me too" syndrome>
okay, i'm convinced
lol
maybe we can combine principles here; the balance between technology/man and nature. compromise!!!! :-D

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

they might even involve somthing to do with globle warming in it???

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ok, I definitely know that almost everyone have something to criticize about Gen 5. But I had this stage many times before: I look at a Pokemon such as Hariyama for the first time, then I think, "This Pokemon looks so disturbingly ugly!" But later when I learn of Hariyama's power I sort of started to like it.
Gen 5 is coming out. There's no way to stop it. I definitely respect that everyone have their freedom of speech but I suggest that instead of cursing & swearing & non-stop criticizing we can try to enjoy the new Pokemon. And I suggest that those whose only purpose here is to curse & swear & non-stop criticize QUIT this forum now & leave poor Gen 5 alone.
Of course, I encourage everyone to freely spread their thoughts about the new Pokemon in a more...Err...gentle way (Can't find a good enough word to describe it). We can also think about what their evolutions may look like, or new Pokemon that you think they must include. Gen 5 isn't going to be that bad, you'll see. It's not going to be the end of Pokemon - instead, a fresh new start!

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

dude, uh, we kinda moved past that bit of the convo a while back.... i think this thread became more of a "what do you think isshu will be like" thread atm. but yeah, it'll be a fresh start, as exemplified by the restarting of the route numbers ;-( (idk if that's a good or bad thing, but.... kind of brings back feelings of nostalgia.....regarding FRLG, since i never played RBY)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ShinyLucario wrote:
Gen 5 isn't going to be that bad, you'll see. It's not going to be the end of Pokemon - instead, a fresh new start!

u don't hav 2 say that, coz it is obvious that gen five is going 2 be good.

i know this because the best numbers in the world are 3, 5, 7 and 42. gen 3 is Hoenn, and was that awesome or wat, gen 5 is Isshu, so it will be good, gen 7 will be Hoenn remake(this is just a wild guess, but probably right, at the rate that game freak is making remakes), and gen 42 isn't coming out any time soon(it will be held in australia, and be call the Ularu(i can't spell our national icons right) region)

does anyone think that ur pokemon will follow u around in this like they did in HGSS??? i think they will, but it could only be in the third game for it (grey or watever it will be called) because of time constraints in making pokemon sprites for all the pokemon to follow u.

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i rather doubt it, mostly due to the fact that we've already seen videos of the characters walking around outside. it'd be cool, but tbh, sometimes it kinda gets annoying.... besides, the sprites can't be too difficult (but then again, what do i know), considering they'd already have the ones from the other gens. of course, accounting for the new camera angles would make it more difficult...

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
dude, uh, we kinda moved past that bit of the convo a while back.... i think this thread became more of a "what do you think isshu will be like" thread atm. but yeah, it'll be a fresh start, as exemplified by the restarting of the route numbers ;-( (idk if that's a good or bad thing, but.... kind of brings back feelings of nostalgia.....regarding FRLG, since i never played RBY)

Um, great, thanks for telling me. It's just that the title still seems aggressive to me but of course I'm glad to see everyone likes to discuss about Isshu.
(By the way I'm sorry if anyone's brain overheated by reading my gibberish long speech)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i think the new isshu region sounds very interesting. and i do agree it will be like the RBY games, not in a traditional sense, but as in. its a whole new start to a whole new region. looking at how the only way to catch previous pokemon is to get that one dream pokemon (according to the corocoro leak) then it sounds very fun. i only wonder if they'll do national dex. what if it will be just the regular pokemon. yes, theyre gonna be in the 500s, but technically, there the first 100-some pokemon. for that region since they might possibly be the only ones you find in it.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i hav on;y ever played RBY once, and at that time i was so used to the latest bags in the new games where it goes onto a whole new screen, i was a bit, "umm......ok", but apart from that i liked it.

but i did only play it once, so i am not on the same stream as u guys when u talk about it.

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
i think the new isshu region sounds very interesting. and i do agree it will be like the RBY games, not in a traditional sense, but as in. its a whole new start to a whole new region. looking at how the only way to catch previous pokemon is to get that one dream pokemon (according to the corocoro leak) then it sounds very fun. i only wonder if they'll do national dex. what if it will be just the regular pokemon. yes, theyre gonna be in the 500s, but technically, there the first 100-some pokemon. for that region since they might possibly be the only ones you find in it.

first 100 pokemon is correct, but there japanese, so they can't go back to #001, or they would jump off one of their massive buildings.
i dislike the dream thing. GTS is global trading station, so it sould meet up with Isshu as well. and instead of that, they made a dream. now i can understand darkrai in a dream, but purugly???

ShinyLucario wrote:
Um, great, thanks for telling me. It's just that the title still seems aggressive to me but of course I'm glad to see everyone likes to discuss about Isshu.
(By the way I'm sorry if anyone's brain overheated by reading my gibberish long speech)

that was aggressive.

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:48 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ShinyLucario wrote:
rex09 wrote:

...Did you read that first post? The comic?
'Pokemon aren't getting uglier, you're just growing up.'
Well, that was just a way to tell people to stop complaining as much and live with it (im guessing) and tbh, the name was a bit sacrastic imo.
This is just another 'what do you think of he new games' thread. And by the fourth post you can basically tell people have started discussing their thoughts on the game. So as Rex said,there's nothing agressive about it.
ANYWAY, I am a bit worried about how distant they are making B/W from the other games...things may get TOO different.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:32 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

yeah, if they're restarting the route system (which doesn't really matter, but...) there's probably going to be a lot of drastic other changes.
Amber Mine wrote:
GTS is global trading station, so it sould meet up with Isshu as well

isn't it funny how the GTS has only been around for one generation, and yet everyone is totally dependent on it?? and btw, it couldn't really; how would gen IV games account for pokemon that hadn't even existed when they were created?? imo, this seems like a good idea, considering this last problem.... (btw, i'm not trying to be mean, just trying to point some stuff out).
about the way the pokemon will be caught: my guess is that this will be like gen 3, in that it'll mostly consist of that region's specific pokemon, with a few older ones mixed in (since it's far away though, i'll bet that this last bit'll consist of mostly water and flying types....).

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dude, it's a new continent.
Not just a new region, but an entirely new place in the Pokemon universe.
It makes perfect sense to me that they're starting over the route system and having all-new Pokes.

Plus, didn't I read somewhere that there are 200+ newbies this installment?
I might have made it up, but I'm pretty sure that's right. (Wish I could source, sorry.)
I think, this is a wonderful way for Gamefreak to release some creative energy.
They probably got carried away creating new Pokes, and were like,
"Eff it, let's just make a new continent miles away and not recycle any old dudes. That way, we can let out all these fantastic new families!"

...That's my theory.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i don't really recall saying that the routes starting over didn't make sense.... i know it makes sense. but that doesn't really mean i have to like it... (but like i said earlier, it's not like it really matters). and i agree with the whole new pokes thing and stuff.... (sorry, i understand where you were coming from with the whole routes bit, but i just had to kinda clear that up). if there's not going to be any pokes from previous regions, they'll need 200 pokes, just to give it enough to get through the game in a satisfactory manner.
btw, i'm sorry for this little piece of spam, but does anybody want to come play werewolf?? we really need more players...(about nine, to be precise). just click the link in my sig if you want to...

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:23 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Have you seen the Bet Wishes concept art? and i mean realy examined it? mujimaru's second evolution is Freak'n auesome! it's like otersome! (LOL!)

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:13 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:
Darkrai-follower wrote:
Do the people eat pokemon?

Quite possibly not. If you look closely in the first season, you can see they have other types of animals (fish, specifically).
If they do eat Pokemon, then I would imagine it'd be of the plentiful, meaty variety (Tauros, Seaking, Torchic).

I haven't seen the Pokemon anime in ages, but were the characters ever seen eating meat or eggs? Also, the word "prey" appears quite frequently in Pokedex entries in the games... so Pokemon eat each other too?

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:31 am
Profile WWW
The Geek
The Geek

Congratulations boys! You've managed to completely miss and derail the point of the topic. This is why we can't have nice things.

And you are why Gen V will suck and its Pokemon are unoriginal.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:40 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6