It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:18 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 B/W characters...What do you think? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Red was great because he was the classic protagonist, Ethan has a great outfit plus he is a fun trainer to play as, Brendan had an even better outfit plus goofy "white hair" hat (which I love), Lucas from Platinum was basically incredibly snazzy with his jacket, beret and scarf. I like all of the male protagonists, but for now the Black/White male is my least favorite because he has no distinguishing features. He is thirteen years old? That doesn't count because Red is also thirteen years old in HG/SS.

Anyways, I always overlook the female protagonists. There has never been a design that I really liked enough to play as the female instead of the male and I don't suspect Nintendo will ever manage to make one.

Final verdict: I don't like the B/W characters. I will wait for the second version of Black/White, look at the redesigned features (costumes, etc) and decide whether I want to play the game then.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:19 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Well when I played the games until like 2008 or last year or something...well I kinda still do but didn't in SS...WHATEV! back to what I meant to say: I would pick my character based on the anime. 1st Gen= male character named Ash. 2nd Gen, my one and only exception so far because I never saw those characters in the little Anime I watched. 3rd Gen= Female named May. 4th Gen= Female named dawn.
Not because I liked the anime...well I liked it up till 4th Gen but then still not all episodes were bad and the movies still owned.

Now i think im gonna go to Animefreak.com and watch the entire Anime this summer...
(don't think that's where I derived my username from because I use Animefreak98 for a lot of stuff for a while. I'd never heard of this website until like 1 month and a 1/2 ago)

{gallade}

It would be nice if they could let you customize the character like in PBR so at least we have options.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

mature females........................................................ do we need to go here again?

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:03 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

didn't we already have that big conversation? about how they should look older. i'm pretty sure my picture of bearded trainer was the end of that.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:51 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
KingErick wrote:
mature females........................................................ do we need to go here again?

We really don't need to go there again...that being said, I'm more interested in talking about the newer characters & N...Cheron(is this right?), Belle & N that is...oh & also that other purple haired women with the lab coat on...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

KingErick wrote:

We've obviously covered this. They won't change it! The die has been cast. I agree that she should be mature, but that's what Photoshop is for!

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:57 pm
They're okay looking over all.

The male looks pretty bland, sort of like a cheap knock-off of Red.

The female, eh, she's okay, better than Dawn at least. She seems like she stole her clothes out of her big sister's closet, I don't think many 13 or 14 year olds (assuming thats the "older" age they chose) own short shorts like that.

I definitely agree that we need more mature protagonists, I don't think 16-20 year olds going out into the world is a stretch when compared to 10 year olds. Nor do I think it will hurt the franchise either. If anything, it gives the 10 year olds who play the game someone to look up to (a strong role model when compared to a lot of actors/actresses and singers who kids think its cool to idolize, even if they are the silent protagonist who runs around in circles for hours training his/her Pokemon).

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:23 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I definately think that Gen V's charecters are beast. the Guy looks like me, without a haircut! and the Chick, why are you obsesed with the female body parts? it's not like she's your future girlfriend or something. she looks fine to me.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, she is MY future girlfriend, but that's beside the point.

I love them. I can't wait to play as them.
I have absolutely no doubt this gen's story will make them epic.
(Dunno about you guys, but the characters gain/lose respect from me based on the game's progression.)

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Spoinkable wrote:
Well, she is MY future girlfriend, but that's beside the point.

I love them. I can't wait to play as them.
I have absolutely no doubt this gen's story will make them epic.
(Dunno about you guys, but the characters gain/lose respect from me based on the game's progression.)

in all honesty when i play pokemon i want to look bad @$$

my sprites here were lance, then bruno, and now volkner.

too break down games + my thought

red, blue and yellow had red as a sprite and was cool.

gsc had gold and a female who was decent all around.

rse was the best with both sprites actually looking cool and modern

fr+lg looked horrible with the vintage red being decent but the female being atrocious

dpp didnt look good at all. the female character was a 10 year old and the male kid look like a stereotypical gay guy with a scarf.

hg+ss didnt do justice much like frlg it had the vintage character (gold) with an atrocious looking 10 year old girl.

i understand this is for kids but kids at this age look up to pop culture so putting in 15-20 could easily be done.

this isnt about seeing a busty or mature girl lead or some buff guy its about the characters not being eyesores.

i dont care if the characters are 8 year olds if they look decent and reflect the pop culture and the current dressing styles.

instead you have weird square hats on girls (frlg) round hats (hgss) scarves on boys (dpp+this gen)

even though the female lead in this era is the same age putting on a semi-modern hat makes it look so much better.

dang that was a rant.

feel free to flame.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:15 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

the hat on lyra was where she hid everything. What, you thought that was all hair under there?? it's where she put everything so she didn't need to carry a bag!!! and i totally agree with ^ about the DPP guy. Not good.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:42 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

No, i hated the DPP guy, he wasn't very good at all. And for Lyra, her stuff may be under it (which i did not know, doesn't she carry a bag in the game?) but the hat itself is still round.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Gotta be lying. Surely? She doesnt really have everything under there does she? Thats just weird.
And yeah 4th gen dude (Lucas?) sucked.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:07 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

She can't keep everything under there. Can she? And yeah, the DPP Guy's name is Lucas, i was going to put that in my post earlier but i forgot. Really, can she keep everything under that thing?!

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Nah i don't think that she really does. I think somebody was just poking at her HUGE hat.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:07 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Messor wrote:
I definitely agree that we need more mature protagonists, I don't think 16-20 year olds going out into the world is a stretch when compared to 10 year olds. Nor do I think it will hurt the franchise either. If anything, it gives the 10 year olds who play the game someone to look up to (a strong role model when compared to a lot of actors/actresses and singers who kids think its cool to idolize, even if they are the silent protagonist who runs around in circles for hours training his/her Pokemon).

Thank you for saying this...it's so true...

Steelbound wrote:
I definately think that Gen V's charecters are beast. the Guy looks like me, without a haircut! and the Chick, why are you obsesed with the female body parts? it's not like she's your future girlfriend or something. she looks fine to me.

Not why people were complaining or mentioning this at all...& again, why has this even been brought up on this page...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AnimeFreak_98 wrote:
She can't keep everything under there. Can she? And yeah, the DPP Guy's name is Lucas, i was going to put that in my post earlier but i forgot. Really, can she keep everything under that thing?!

sarcasm=/=seriousness

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

thanks for agreeing i expected hatred xD

Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:37 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Quote:

Not why people were complaining or mentioning this at all

Tisk, Tisk, Tisk. i posted this a few days ago. and i spoke my opinion. lawrence codye, i JUST wanted to speak my opinion. i dont want to come of as mean or insulting to anyone on this forum, nor as a smart but, iJust wanted to speak my opinion.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:18 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Steelbound wrote:
Tisk, Tisk, Tisk. i posted this a few days ago. and i spoke my opinion. lawrence codye, i JUST wanted to speak my opinion. i dont want to come of as mean or insulting to anyone on this forum, nor as a smart but, iJust wanted to speak my opinion.

Wow, really...calm down, I was stating that because of the way you stated what you said like you had a problem with what they were doing or something to that effect but apparently that wasn't the case, my bad...& I'm aware that that was your opinion as well so again, chill out...

Oh, & finally...my name is spelled Lawence...not Lawrence, I know the later is how it's supposed to be spelled but my username is unique so...yeah...

Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

sorry. i have bad spelling.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

you guys seemed to forget this game is marketed towards 10 year old none of this stuff goes through there mind when they're playing

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:38 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DarkTrainer wrote:
you guys seemed to forget this game is marketed towards 10 year old none of this stuff goes through there mind when they're playing
We've had this convorsation previously in this thread. We really need to stop going there.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:29 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Steel_Eel wrote:
DarkTrainer wrote:
We've had this convorsation previously in this thread. We really need to stop going there.

Yeah really, plus to me that is a little insulting, just a little. Though i may be 12 now, i still payed attention to everything (except Iv's and Ev's etc.) when i was ten, but i just hate it when people stereotype!

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

AnimeFreak_98 wrote:
Steel_Eel wrote:
DarkTrainer wrote:

Yeah really, plus to me that is a little insulting, just a little. Though i may be 12 now, i still payed attention to everything (except Iv's and Ev's etc.) when i was ten, but i just hate it when people stereotype!
Ditto (No pun intended). I actually get mad at people who mock pokemon. I have resorted to violence when It was nesiscary. So back to the B/W characters...

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:49 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next