It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:44 am



Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 New Ways to evolve Pokemon 
Author Message
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:24 am
Posts: 67
labarith wrote:
rex09 wrote:
labarith wrote:

You can't stop trade evolving, but I don't see you complaining about that. Long story short? If you don't want your guy to "daycare evolve" or "mother evolve", give them an everstone.


Day care evolving is a bad idea, i for example like the fact it doesnt evolve as it allows certin pokemon say mudkip, to learn moves it can't learn when evolved, like Hydro pump, evolving it in daycare would also be a massive short cut to the lazy people. and you can stop trade evolutions by giving them an everstone or not equiping the item it evolves with.

_________________
Image
~Jester's Artistic Court~
~My Deviantart Page~ ~Jesters Trading Circus~
Looking for UNHATCHED Manaphy egg. Will trade anything in my trading thread or PM me
FC: 1076 5550 2837


Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:20 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
huh, i always thought you could prevent trade evolutions. never tried to, so i didn't know. but i'm officially putting in a complaint now :-D . i usually don't trade for trade evos unless i want them; so then, when it evolves, it's usually what i want, and there's no point in (other than moves) waiting to get it.

_________________
Image


Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:45 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 am
Posts: 209
Jester wrote:

Day care evolving is a bad idea, i for example like the fact it doesnt evolve as it allows certin pokemon say mudkip, to learn moves it can't learn when evolved, like Hydro pump, evolving it in daycare would also be a massive short cut to the lazy people. and you can stop trade evolutions by giving them an everstone or not equiping the item it evolves with.

Once again, daycare evolving =/= ANY pokemon evolving in daycare.

For example, you could leave your level 1 mudkip in the daycare until it's level 100 and it wouldn't evolve.
BUT
if you left, say, "Zapig", the electric pig pokemon, in the daycare, then it would evolve into "Lonepig", the dark/electric pig pokemon.
Similarly, maybe, if you left Oddish in the daycare holding a "nifty stone", he would evolve into "Chivish", the grass/Psychic pokemon.

I can see how the terminology might be confusing, but it's not like I didn't SPECIFICALLY SAY THIS just a few short posts ago.


Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:03 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:24 am
Posts: 67
Jester wrote:

Day care evolving is a bad idea, i for example like the fact it doesnt evolve as it allows certin pokemon say mudkip, to learn moves it can't learn when evolved, like Hydro pump, evolving it in daycare would also be a massive short cut to the lazy people. and you can stop trade evolutions by giving them an everstone or not equiping the item it evolves with.


labarith wrote:

Once again, daycare evolving =/= ANY pokemon evolving in daycare.

For example, you could leave your level 1 mudkip in the daycare until it's level 100 and it wouldn't evolve.
BUT
if you left, say, "Zapig", the electric pig pokemon, in the daycare, then it would evolve into "Lonepig", the dark/electric pig pokemon.
Similarly, maybe, if you left Oddish in the daycare holding a "nifty stone", he would evolve into "Chivish", the grass/Psychic pokemon.

I can see how the terminology might be confusing, but it's not like I didn't SPECIFICALLY SAY THIS just a few short posts ago.


I was using mudkip as an example to back up my move learning point, a valid reason for not evolving in day care, say for example, your fictitous Zapig, may learn a move at lvl 56 that Lonepig wouldn't, which means youd have to train it up to 56 when Zapig might be a walking magicarp of awfulness. SO DON'T USE ALL CAPS TO POINT SOMTHING OUT THAT WASN'T RELEVANT TO WHAT I WAS SAYING

And the oddlish nifty stone idea is just leveling up holding an item, like gligar, which is were my "its lazy point comes in" cos you can easily do that outside of battle

_________________
Image
~Jester's Artistic Court~
~My Deviantart Page~ ~Jesters Trading Circus~
Looking for UNHATCHED Manaphy egg. Will trade anything in my trading thread or PM me
FC: 1076 5550 2837


Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:49 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 am
Posts: 209
Jester wrote:
I was using mudkip as an example to back up my move learning point, a valid reason for not evolving in day care, say for example, your fictitous Zapig, may learn a move at lvl 56 that Lonepig wouldn't, which means youd have to train it up to 56 when Zapig might be a walking magicarp of awfulness. SO DON'T USE ALL CAPS TO POINT SOMTHING OUT THAT WASN'T RELEVANT TO WHAT I WAS SAYING

And the oddlish nifty stone idea is just leveling up holding an item, like gligar, which is were my "its lazy point comes in" cos you can easily do that outside of battle

Since G1 non-voluntary evolutions - like trade evolutions - learn the same moves as their underevolved counterparts at the same time.

I see no reason to invent a fictional, poorly designed pokemon that differs from this precedent.

In my example, Lonepig learns every move that Zapig does, and a few more.

AND I'LL USE ALL CAPS TO POINT OUT THAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT whenever I please. It draws attention to the area that needs attention drawn.


Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:41 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
well, technically since this is the "new ways to evolve" thread, labarith was on topic. i see what you mean, now, about it being only for those who it lets evolve (okay, i know that's worded weird, but i get the idea). hmmm, i wonder what we could do to make it more special, though??? maybe like it gets a ribbon, or learns some new move (to make it more worth it).

_________________
Image


Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:48 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 am
Posts: 209
rex09 wrote:
well, technically since this is the "new ways to evolve" thread, labarith was on topic. i see what you mean, now, about it being only for those who it lets evolve (okay, i know that's worded weird, but i get the idea). hmmm, i wonder what we could do to make it more special, though??? maybe like it gets a ribbon, or learns some new move (to make it more worth it).

I'm pretty sure a boost in stats makes it worth it on it's own.

That said, because it IS a voluntary in-game evolution (you don't HAVE to pimp it out in the daycare), then I see no reason it can't learn new moves.


Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:36 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:37 am
Posts: 1
OMG how about A "hate" evolution. your pokemon likes you compleatly, but for evo, it has to hate you tottaly! isin't it brillient!


Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:14 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 3:16 pm
Posts: 555
Location: That's between me and the Danes...
Togakapi wrote:
OMG how about A "hate" evolution. your pokemon likes you compleatly, but for evo, it has to hate you tottaly! isin't it brillient!

The problem with that is that hate would basically be "no happiness value", and since each Pokémon starts with 0 happiness points (unless you catch it in a Luxury Ball), just use a Rare Candy on it and BOOM!

Plus, if your Pokémon already had some happiness, it'd be a bit difficult to get it back down to 0. You'd have to make it faint and give it an awful lot of herbs.

_________________
Final Black Team:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Jagged Pass... lat 32.93, long 131.11
Gallade Roxas wrote:
Togakapi wrote:
OMG how about A "hate" evolution. your pokemon likes you compleatly, but for evo, it has to hate you tottaly! isin't it brillient!

The problem with that is that hate would basically be "no happiness value", and since each Pokémon starts with 0 happiness points (unless you catch it in a Luxury Ball), just use a Rare Candy on it and BOOM!

Plus, if your Pokémon already had some happiness, it'd be a bit difficult to get it back down to 0. You'd have to make it faint and give it an awful lot of herbs.

Wrong. =)

Each Pokemon has a preset Happiness Value, none of which are that low.
Only some legendaries start low enough that they actually DISlike you when you catch them.

And as far as leveling them to hate you? Not too difficult.
Have them faint all the time, give them status conditions and never heal them,
use herbs instead of Potions and Status Healers, that kinda stuff.

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Avatar courtesy of Magikarps_Beast


Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:55 am
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Togakapi wrote:
OMG how about A "hate" evolution. your pokemon likes you compleatly, but for evo, it has to hate you tottaly! isin't it brillient!


Yes that is brilliant...now only if they would just do it already, maybe Primeape's evolution or a new family basic pokemon's evolution can have this requirement, I like it already Togakapi...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:21 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
Spoinkable wrote:
Gallade Roxas wrote:
Togakapi wrote:
OMG how about A "hate" evolution. your pokemon likes you compleatly, but for evo, it has to hate you tottaly! isin't it brillient!

The problem with that is that hate would basically be "no happiness value", and since each Pokémon starts with 0 happiness points (unless you catch it in a Luxury Ball), just use a Rare Candy on it and BOOM!

Plus, if your Pokémon already had some happiness, it'd be a bit difficult to get it back down to 0. You'd have to make it faint and give it an awful lot of herbs.

Wrong. =)

Each Pokemon has a preset Happiness Value, none of which are that low.
Only some legendaries start low enough that they actually DISlike you when you catch them.

And as far as leveling them to hate you? Not too difficult.
Have them faint all the time, give them status conditions and never heal them,
use herbs instead of Potions and Status Healers, that kinda stuff.

personally, i disagree with this idea, as it would encourage kids to be meaner to animals (okay, maybe not, but if they do this, i'll never get that poke). and some pokes do come with zero happiness (mewtwo, for instance), so..... but i agree with spoinkable in that it wouldn't be too difficult to do....

_________________
Image


Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:16 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:32 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Not in Singapore.
As for low-happiness evolutions, I don't see why they should not be included.

However, there will NOT be a Pokémon WHICH EVOLVES BY EV POINTS. My reasoning is that new players will come to the games. All of the current principles of evolution are easily comprehensible to new players (level, stone, trade with item, location, level-up with move, happiness with ratings in each region...). EVs are complicated. They are not easily accessible statistics in-game. They are relatively unimportant to new players, seeing that they would be grasping principles such as level, experience, and evolution. Plus, each Pokémon battled yields different EVs, so large charts may be necessary to some players to find accessible EV training. New players trying to fill the Pokédex would be overwhelmed by this principle, and it should not be used.

_________________
Image
Hamiforbeeterra's credit to Rocket's Game Corner.
Dunmaorprasecutail's (also: Whakadon) credit (avatar) to Mektar.


Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:26 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 am
Posts: 209
Nosepass wrote:
As for low-happiness evolutions, I don't see why they should not be included.

However, there will NOT be a Pokémon WHICH EVOLVES BY EV POINTS. My reasoning is that new players will come to the games. All of the current principles of evolution are easily comprehensible to new players (level, stone, trade with item, location, level-up with move, happiness with ratings in each region...). EVs are complicated. They are not easily accessible statistics in-game. They are relatively unimportant to new players, seeing that they would be grasping principles such as level, experience, and evolution. Plus, each Pokémon battled yields different EVs, so large charts may be necessary to some players to find accessible EV training. New players trying to fill the Pokédex would be overwhelmed by this principle, and it should not be used.

1. Low-happiness evolutions would suck ass, as it would make you hurt your pokemon. What's next, steeling pokemon? going down the bike path w/o a bike? THE HORROR!
2. That said, I could see a pokemon that DE-EVOLVES if it gets max unhappy, and evolves if it is max happpy. This pokemon should be available in it's first form throughout the game, and it's 3rd form should resemble it's first form (thus if it's de-evolving you can't tell if it's evolving or de-evolving), and there should be no reason to de-evolve it (it's de-evolved form should learn moves slower than it's advanced form, it should learn less moves than it's evolved form, and have much worse stats).
3. Actually, I see no reason why there can't be a pokemon that evolves by Evs. Feebas's evolution in HG/SS is cryptic, I see no reason why it can't be the case that when X is at level 30, if Y is it's highest EV stat or tied, it becomes A, and if ~Y is it's highest EV stat, it becomes B.

That said, I am a strong advocate of an "EV garden" where you have routes which offer low-level EV training for your pokemon - indeed, relatively early in the game.


Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:02 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:45 am
Posts: 370
Location: United States
Nosepass wrote:
As for low-happiness evolutions, I don't see why they should not be included.

However, there will NOT be a Pokémon WHICH EVOLVES BY EV POINTS. My reasoning is that new players will come to the games. All of the current principles of evolution are easily comprehensible to new players (level, stone, trade with item, location, level-up with move, happiness with ratings in each region...). EVs are complicated. They are not easily accessible statistics in-game. They are relatively unimportant to new players, seeing that they would be grasping principles such as level, experience, and evolution. Plus, each Pokémon battled yields different EVs, so large charts may be necessary to some players to find accessible EV training. New players trying to fill the Pokédex would be overwhelmed by this principle, and it should not be used.


All they need to do is make tracking EV's easier in-game. It would be fantastic if it just showed up as another status page onyour Pokémon's individual information.

Edit: And now that I think about it, it would open up new players to making good Pokémon. I had no idea what EV's were until about a month before the HGSS release and I've been playing every game since Red, Blue and Yellow.

_________________
Check out my Gen IV -- Trading and Breeding Shop where you can get special breed requests or just pick something out of the ever growing list!
~DeviantART Account~Dapple - Art Portfolio~Tegaki-E 1~Tegaki-E 2~
"I believe in angels. The ones heaven sends. I'm surrounded by them every day, but I just call them friends."


Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:38 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 am
Posts: 209
Dan Roswald wrote:

All they need to do is make tracking EV's easier in-game. It would be fantastic if it just showed up as another status page onyour Pokémon's individual information.

Edit: And now that I think about it, it would open up new players to making good Pokémon. I had no idea what EV's were until about a month before the HGSS release and I've been playing every game since Red, Blue and Yellow.

I think this is a mistake. EVs should be the secret to pokemon, but they shouldn't be something you just look up.
I think the effort ribbon, and the IV (related) Judge are good ways of going about learning about IVs/EVs in game. However, I do think the following features should be expanded upon:

1. Complete EV wiper - reduces all EVs to 0 of any pokemon with a level less than 100. This, I think, is ESSENTIAL as it allows new players to EV train their favorite pokemon.
2. EV Hotspot "EV Garden", with 6 routes w/ different small level guys that all give 1 EV of the same type. This would be the ultimate EV hotspot, and would really help new players and experienced players alike - especially if the compete EV wiper is nearby. I imagine this just outside the main city of the game.
3. EV + Experience giving mini-games. Long story short, fun + useful


Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:08 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:32 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Not in Singapore.
Quote:
labarith wrote:

Nosepass wrote:
As for low-happiness evolutions, I don't see why they should not be included.

However, there will NOT be a Pokémon WHICH EVOLVES BY EV POINTS. My reasoning is that new players will come to the games. All of the current principles of evolution are easily comprehensible to new players (level, stone, trade with item, location, level-up with move, happiness with ratings in each region...). EVs are complicated. They are not easily accessible statistics in-game. They are relatively unimportant to new players, seeing that they would be grasping principles such as level, experience, and evolution. Plus, each Pokémon battled yields different EVs, so large charts may be necessary to some players to find accessible EV training. New players trying to fill the Pokédex would be overwhelmed by this principle, and it should not be used.

1. Low-happiness evolutions would suck ass, as it would make you hurt your pokemon. What's next, steeling pokemon? going down the bike path w/o a bike? THE HORROR!
2. That said, I could see a pokemon that DE-EVOLVES if it gets max unhappy, and evolves if it is max happpy. This pokemon should be available in it's first form throughout the game, and it's 3rd form should resemble it's first form (thus if it's de-evolving you can't tell if it's evolving or de-evolving), and there should be no reason to de-evolve it (it's de-evolved form should learn moves slower than it's advanced form, it should learn less moves than it's evolved form, and have much worse stats).
3. Actually, I see no reason why there can't be a pokemon that evolves by Evs. Feebas's evolution in HG/SS is cryptic, I see no reason why it can't be the case that when X is at level 30, if Y is it's highest EV stat or tied, it becomes A, and if ~Y is it's highest EV stat, it becomes B.

That said, I am a strong advocate of an "EV garden" where you have routes which offer low-level EV training for your pokemon - indeed, relatively early in the game.


1. Low-happiness evolutions are not unethical. What if you gave your pokémon healing herbs? Plus, if you think that obtaining low happiness values is unethical, what about Fighting-type Pokémon? Why have kicking and punching Pokémon? Why is this any less unethical? Also, IT'S JUST A GAME. POKÉMON ARE NOT REAL. And why does de-evolution make it more ethical (especially if you still needed the first stage in your Pokédex)?
2. EVs are not clearly comprehensible to the player. I learned about them just to join discussions about them on this site. Feebas's evolution in HG/SS is no less cryptic than Magneton's or Nosepass's. It's not available there. Not many players know about EVs, and even fewer players care. Why base an evolution on it? Why make the process even more complicated?

_________________
Image
Hamiforbeeterra's credit to Rocket's Game Corner.
Dunmaorprasecutail's (also: Whakadon) credit (avatar) to Mektar.


Last edited by Nosepass on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:15 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Jagged Pass... lat 32.93, long 131.11
Nosepass wrote:
Low-happiness evolutions are not unethical. What if you gave your pokémon healing herbs? Plus, if you think that obtaining low happiness values is unethical, what about Fighting-type Pokémon? Why have kicking and punching Pokémon? Why is this any less unethical? Also, IT'S JUST A GAME. POKÉMON ARE NOT REAL. And why does de-evolution make it more ethical (especially if you still needed the first stage in your Pokédex)?

This.

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Avatar courtesy of Magikarps_Beast


Last edited by Spoinkable on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:00 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:49 pm
Posts: 162
labarith wrote:
We have pokemon who evolve in certain areas, pokemon who evolve after learning certain moves, and pokemon who can only be gotten by breeding a legendary guy from a DIFFERENT KIND of pokemon game with a ditto. Pokemon is all about breaking traditions.

haha you make pokemon sound so sexual but yeah i do agree

_________________
Image


Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:06 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Jagged Pass... lat 32.93, long 131.11
labarith wrote:
Low-happiness evolutions would suck ass, as it would make you hurt your pokemon. What's next, steeling pokemon?

labarith wrote:
Pokemon is all about breaking traditions.

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Avatar courtesy of Magikarps_Beast


Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:27 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:14 pm
Posts: 30
Idea for an EV garden:

A place where you can "store" Pokemon that get revived once every set time period. For example, you could stock up trainers or areas with Pokemon you've caught and go battle them. That way you have a custom EV/Experience training zone that you can populate yourself.


Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:21 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:34 am
Posts: 11
Location: The Universe, Local Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Sol System, Earth
Phwee! THAT took a while to read through...
Lots of ideas/rants to come. Also, I will try to clear up some misunderstandings/concepts about Pokemon that I noticed in these posts.
Also, this isn't really in any order... I kinda bounced back and forth, editing here, adding there. oh well.

WOW! I really like some of the ideas floating in here! >_<
(Dislike some though... and others are just plainly rediculous because of hardware/software limitations/upgrades or even the very basis of the game.)

Keep in mind that Pokemon are based on real creatures (Such as Piplup), myth (Such as Bronzor/Bronzong), and such. There are a number of things that make absolutely no sense, because there is no real-world-sourced concept that could support it.
I invite EVERYONE to read the "On the origin of the Species" column on Bulbapedia. You will learn a LOT of awesome things about what I mean!
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:On_the_Origin_of_Species
This is updated once a week! SO COOL TO READ!!!

OH! How about some Pokemon get a NEW STAGE OF EVOLUTION!? Not including PRE-evolution, have Basic, Stage 1, Stage 2, and now a Stage 3! >_< (but only for a very few, like... Porygon! I like Porygon! He's data, keeps growing!) But, the only way to trigger these higher stages is via a special method of some sort. (I like the idea of adding some Light-type Evolutions this way... they are the most pure-hearted forms, but also much stronger! Like... Angelic Gardevoir! >_< I mention this later as well.)

No, I have to disagree with the thought of Pokemon being "about" breaking traditions. (Or however it's worded). BUT it IS an ever-expanding WORLD, and so WILL have changes. Some, some people will like. Others, not so much. Some people don't like Chimchar on the mere basis that "it isn't one of the original 151 Pokemon". Bah.
Just like there are new Pokemon, there ARE going to be new ways for them to Evolve/Transform/(whatever comes next). Games change. (They don't seem to dislike Mario getting new abilities for some reason... Oh yeah! Pokemon had major help in creation from the guy who MADE Mario! Hence the names Satoshi and Shigeru in the anime. Trivia!)

IV-Evolution makes no sense. Sorry. It's like saying you evolved because you had a talent. The CLOSEST to this is Tyrogue's evolution method. (Feebas is not like this. It's based on it's "appearance", it being absolutely beautiful.) IV's can be bred over, like talents from your parents. (It's true. Just not always, both in reality and Pokemon). So, it can't be used as a basis for anything other than stats anymore.
Speaking of which, that's also why it makes no sense to have an IV Stat Page or something like that. It's SUPPOSED to be like the "hidden talent" of your Pokemon. Also, if you think about it, that's probably why the only IV-related attack is called "Hidden Power". GEE, I WONDER WHY?

I disagree with Hate-evolution. Totally against the over-all feel of Pokemon, the good beats evil feel. This, I believe, would start a tear at the very moral basis of Pokemon. Or, I could just be paranoid, or something.
The inherint goodness in Pokemon has been one of the major factors that I still love these amazing creatures! Don't take that away from me! T_T And it would be WAY overly-time consuming for me, since I don't care to mistreat my Pokemon just to fill my Dex. (not that I really care about filling my Dex in the first place, past using for the GTS and seeing cool entries. Dex should also show Shiny Forms that you've seen, even if not caught)

I would LOVE an Unrare Candy (Something like that) that causes a LOSS of one level per use.
I would also LOVE a DE-evolving item. Perfect for choosing a different evolutionary path of split-evolvers.
Also, if you wanted to re-evolve, you'd still have to do it like normal.
The main purpose for this is for things like... I have a LV. 100 Magikarp (Caught via Fishing in Platinum), but decide that I want to evolve it to Gyarados. Currently: Tough luck. Get a new one. See? Wouldn't it be nice?
Could also have the effect that you lose any evo-path-specific attacks upon de-evolving. (This would NOT apply to the Unrare Candy, though. You keep your attacks. You just might run across re-learning some is all.)
This would be rather nice for getting a new alternate Evolution of something that you already have evolved in a previous game and trained a lot. Instead of redoing all that work, just de-evolve and evolve to the other!
Also, this would make it easier to have some better movesets, like how Eevee has Trump Card (Wasn't that it?) but it learns is at such a high level that you've missed some good attacks on each evolution! This way, you could get what you really are aiming for!

I want a LIGHT Type! (Weak to Normal, Immune to Dark/Ghost, Super-effective to Dark/Ghost. Something like that.)
I want a Light-type Eevee. (Sorry Labarith. ^_^ )
I want a Light-type Legendary. (I was hoping the Duo would be Dragon/Light and Dragon/Dark)
I want the Uber Legendary to be Light/Dark. It is the very imbodiment of CHAOS! The only possible Pokemon to be even of higher tier in existance than Arceus! >_<
(Sorry, got off-track there)
Also, other Light-type Pokemon/Evolutions. OH! And they only can be obtained by taking them to a... Light Shrine and upon searching it, their purity reaches new heights and they evolve! >_<
I WANT THIS: Gardevoir Evolution: ANGELIC Pokemon. Psychic/Light. Essentially looks like Gardevoir, but with angel wings, has Levitate, and either Trace or Synchronize. MUCH higher Defence, and even stronger Special Attack...
Speaking of which: DUAL ABILITIES! >_< But only SOME have them! (Or, they also can have their alternate ability at the same time.
ALSO: SWITCHING between their abilities!

Weather Evolutions! Cool! But, I'd think it should NOT be via a weather-control device. Just set weather in areas, like before has been. Though, maybe sometimes a weather isn't active, and if you use the attack/Ability to trigger it there (in a battle), instead of turning off after, it keeps going, even in the field!

Hmm, I don't think that Castform should evolve outside of it's 3 transformations... BUT it would essentially become a first-class Pokemon of that type, as well as gaining the Ability to trigger that weather! >_< Kinda like a pseudo Kyoge/Groudon...
Uses the Weather-extending items, the matching Weather, and some third trigger, all at once... (SO keep Weather Ball! Imagine how powerful it would be THEN! O_O It'd be like Judgement!)

In-Battle Evolution being available... SURE! It'd be nice to see that happen and save your butt in the E-4! >_<
Also, It COULD NOT POSSIBLY affect tournaments, because... YOU CAN'T GAIN EXP. OR USE ITEMS IN TOURNAMENTS! So, NOTHING could evolve. Go figure!

The Museum/Library: YES!
I like restricting the time to get your Fossil revived! I don't CARE about getting the "Perfect IV-Fossil". (Won't win you any tourneys anyway, so why worry so much?) I fully support waiting.
I like the rocks being on display. However, I think that instead of having to use Rare Candies, it should be changed to that you search it with them in from of your party, and they will enter evolution, keeping their Level and Exp. as well.
Though, this WOULD finally give Rare Candy an actual use... (Personally, I rate Rare Candy as the MOST UNNEEDED item in the game, other than the Masterball. This is because I just don't use any of those shortcuts. Call it.s.. bragging right or whatever you want.)
The (fairly obvious) problem with having the rocks just sitting outside, not on display or whatever, is HOW THE HECK DID THEY GET THERE?? The Deoxys-Meteorites hit from space so it's perfectly logical that Game Freak can have them "hit" wherever they so please, and thus make them available. However, this can NOT apply to the Ice/Moss Rocks, nor the Mountain locations. The wind just isn't gonna manage that, AND what would keep the Moss Rock mossy, and the Ice Rock icy? At least one of them would clash with the climate and be impossilbly placed.
I LOVE the idea of the Museum/Library having statues/books with small bits of info on Legendary Pokemon so they can be traded on GTS. I have to say, I like the Statues, because... you could SEE the statue of them! So cool! (I was SO EXCITED when I saw the Dialga/Palkia Statue in Diamond for the first time... >_<) With the system getting better and better, it wouldn't be any surprise to see this happen thanks to the better graphics (5x5 pixel statues are long-gone. Didn't you play any Pokemon since GBA? Or just don't pay attention.)

Game Mechanics of the hardware make Seasons TOTALLY acceptable; EVEN having Pokemon available for only X-many months. JUST CHANGE THE CLOCK ON YOUR SYSTEM!!! The games WILL NOT use an externally-controlled Time/Date system. So it doesn't MATTER how they do it; you could still cheat the system if it bugged you. Oh yeah the same would apply to the Fossil Pokemon and Incubator Pokemon, unless they set up a system that also tracks real-time passage, regardless of in-game time... that would be VERY effecient! Then you could still "jump" between seasons, but still have to wait for Fossils and such... ooh! I like it! ^_^

Speaking of which: In G/S/C/R/S/E there was Clock. In R/B/G/Y/LG/FR there was not. So, clock-based stuff couldn't possibly apply there. However, Friendship has no relation to the clock at all, as it's a different hidden-stat, kind of like EV's. So, if you got yourself a Togepi at ANY given point of FR/LG, then it would still be able to evolve.

Incubator: I LOVE IT! It'd be wonderful of use for those of us that love these games, but don't have lots of spare time to just play. I don't much care one way or the other if there is any special benefit to using it (Especially since it would be the easier if sometimes more time-consuming method)
-I totally disagree with carrying a hatching-thingie. Not only does it sound wierd, WHERE would you wear it, and where would the air-conditioner be to keep you cooled off? Yeah, the pack is already practically a Tardis-field stucture, but come on; we can't just add bulky stuff because it could make things easier.


After reading these posts, I REALLY have to wonder how many of you really know much about game mechanics... in ANY games! If at all! ugh. (I KNOW that a number of you DO understand the game mechanics, make no mistake. But SOME people make it painfully clear that they have no idea at all.)

On/off-topic junkies seem to be way overly self-concious and can't handle feeling they've lost an argument. (especially if it's as pointless as an on/off-topic argument) And sound very annoying. (Or would, if I had to actually HEAR they're comments. I dread when the Internet standard is to use voice recordings...) Yes, I believe staying on-topic is important, but a little conversation never killed anyone, and is likely to help keep things lively. If it goes on too long (say, at LEAST 6 posts in a row) THEN start screaming your "OFF TOPIC!!! OFF TOPIC!!! HE'S OFF TOPIC SIRE!!! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!! INSULT HIM TO DEATH!!! FLOOD THE BOARD SO EVERYONE CAN SEE HE WAS OFF TOPIC!!!". Sheesh. I hate hearing those stupid rantings after just a couple posts that don't mention the topic. What a waste.
Mods: I DO appreciate you! Without you guys places like this would turn to hate wars in a flash, no doubt.


Yeah, I rant. Sorry, it's how I am. I do hope that I cleared up a few misunderstandings about certain things (Such as clock-based things and such).
Also, I won't be alerted to updates here, so don't waste your time insulting me or trying to make a point to me. Please.


Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:28 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
OFF-TOPIC!!! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!! no, that's not how anyone (or most people) are on this forum, imo....
some of your points are legitimate, others not so much (imo). but that's the beauty of a forum/thread like this: we can express our opinions. and game mechanics can change (i'll admit that i don't understand or care about some of them, but you don't need to in order to enjoy the game).

so, to keep my head on, i would like new stones for evolution (dusk, fire, thunder, etc.). the only problem is the fact that these are often pretty rare....and how many more do we really need?? hmmm, or maybe a pokemon that if hatched from an egg, it has an alternate evo (catch a certain pokemon, and when it has an egg, the resulting offspring will evolve in an alternate way). or something like that.

_________________
Image


Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:08 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:34 am
Posts: 11
Location: The Universe, Local Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Sol System, Earth
^_^ I like Rex a bit more now!

Hmm, new evo-Stones... the only problem I see with more stone evolutions (Or even stone evolution in the first place) is that it's WAY too easy, no training/work needed. And even with how rare they are, it's now so easy to just ask someone to trade an extra or something...
Still, I agree that it would be nice for some! Actually, I've been wanting a bit more use for the original stones. Maybe even a non-evolutionary use for the various stones?

Hm, maybe making it so some have to hold the Stones to be able to trigger the evolution? Or, they hold a Stone (or maybe a Plate instead for better choices), and then you use a different one on them to get a dual-type from the Stones? Oooh... maybe THAT could make for some possibility of in-game created Pokemon? (Just control it's types for evolution, and then it's moveset is determined by that?) Ah! That could be Ditto's evolution! Hmm.. or maybe not... @_@


Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:02 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:52 pm
Posts: 5
Location: In Mah Villa playin' cards with the black dragonite
Quote:
rex09 wrote:
okay, that is just stupid.

I'm beginning to think so.
rex09 wrote:
you actually took the time and effort to write a counter to all or my sentences.

So you're tacitly admitting that all your sentences COULD be countered. Listen, I'm all for good ideas, but when you stream a whole lot of grade A, 100% obviously bad ideas, YOU need to realize that something is wrong here. And it's not on the side of the guy who CALLS YOU OUT on them being blatantly bad ideas.

rex09 wrote:
maybe you should try to understand the ideas that others have, rather than just trying to force yours on everyone.

Let's breifly recap your ideas, shall we?
1. Keep Fossils the way they are (this isn't an idea so much as it is a gut reaction to change).
2. Maybe move the museum off someplace, because if you did that then YOUR idea labs would be horrible. (WTF indeed. You actually advocated hindering gameplay so that if this stupid - STUPID - idea was in place, the EXTREME INCONVINIENCE we see NO WHERE ELSE in the game (HG/SS) would justify continuing a bad mechanic.
3. Move all the evolution rocks from past generations, and new "Mt. Cornet evolution stone" to a grassy area in the new game; like the deoxys rocks. Except with grass around them.
Now THIS is a good idea. Or would have been if I hadn't JUST GIVEN A BETTER IDEA. I said "let's put the rocks in a museum". And you come along and say "Nah, that's dumb, I don't want to waste my rare candy evolving things - but I'm okay with wasting a metal coat, king's rock, grip claw, and EVERYTHING ELSE, but not my rare candy! - so let's put them in a field someplace surrounded by grass." Once again, this is the EXACT OPPOSITE of an idea.

rex09 wrote:
all i said was that there's nothing wrong with the current system.

I'm going to assume you're talking fossils here. But there IS something wrong with the system as is. It allows you to cheat in spirit; it's just as much "legal cheating" as cloning pokemon over the GTS. Which is a safety measure, just like saving the game is a safety measure. All I suggested was putting the same kind of IV-don't-restart threshold on fossils as already exists on eggs.

Now, if you want to ARGUE that the original system is better from either a flavor or function standpoint, go ahead. I await this argument. But you DO need an argument for this position. Because I gave a prima facie valid argument against it.
rex09 wrote:
as far as i know, people like the system the way it is

As far as you know, people liked catching glitch Mews on the G1 games.

This doesn't mean it's a good idea.
rex09 wrote:
; doesn't that mean we should keep the status quo??

No, it doesn't. See counterexample above.
rex09 wrote:
yes, i actually agree with you in that it shouldn't be in the middle of nowhere.

Then why propose it?
rex09 wrote:
does that mean that it won't be in the middle of nowhere?? absolutely not.

It never has been, and it would be a stupid idea to start, so why are your arguments against my idea based on Gamefreak doing the stupidest thing they could do apart from making Yoshi a pokemon?
rex09 wrote:
whether you believe it or not, i actually like the museum fossil reanimator.

I'm not saying you don't. Then again (a) I'm not altogether convinced you ever turned off the game, then back on to get better ivs either, and (b) I'm sure you liked catching glitch mew in G1... or would have if you knew about it. Doesn't mean it's a good idea.
rex09 wrote:
and besides, how the hell do you know it will be in a museum?? the last one was at the ruins of alph, if i'm not mistaken. and what about cinnabar??

You are mistaken, and it was a science station on cinibar - NEAR A TOWN.
rex09 wrote:
ring any bells??

And here I was thinking maybe, just maybe, I had accidentally struck too harsh a tone.
rex09 wrote:
to me, it's convenient that i can take a fossil in, and then it's ready. who else agrees??

Yes, it's CONVENIENT! EVERYONE AGREES W/ YOU! That the way they have it now makes it easy to get fossils. Too easy, as per my argument above. Appealing to the fact people like it doesn't win you any points. It just proves how LOUSY democracy is in regards to game-making. "I think there should be a cheat code!" "I think they should make the game easier!" "I wish Professor X would give me a Mew Egg!" All of these ideas are ones that might fly, democratically, but are BAD IDEAS.
rex09 wrote:
i don't like the museum idea solely because i believe it's a waste of rare candies

How is it a waste of rare candys? You don't actually have to evolve jack squat there, and they'd give you rare candies nearby to evolve them. It's a different, optional use for them, no more a waste than trading king's rock w/ a poliwhirl is a waste.

Your position isn't just wrong, it's OBVIOUSLY wrong. And I'm sick and tired of breaking my back being charitable to someone who clearly doesn't return the same consideration to me. So if you think I haven't been charitable to your position, you point out just where it is, and I'll come back and look. But if you baselessly say "Hey, everyone, democracy says every pokemon should be Mew and they should give you a thousand rare candies", then I'm going to shake my head and walk away.
Top


I've been spending A LOT of energy not laughing at your ummmm lack of intelligence. they should make a museum with a trainer next to each exhibit so you can level up. Duh.

_________________
Imageskittys R awesome!
Platinum Friend Code = 1849-0089-2620
{mew} {mewtwo}

Mewtwo: Why can't I hit you?!?!?!?!! you're at point ****ing blank range!!!!!!!!!!

Mew: ya' can't cuz ya' genes came from me.

Mewtwo:...

Mew: well?

Mewtwo:... ... ... *shoots himself*


Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:05 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.