It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:26 pm



Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Pokemon who need better moves in Generation 5 
Author Message
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 33
I'm dying for a strong psychic attack. Other than psycho boost, which can only be used by Deoxys, Psychic is the strongest attack. At 90 the damage is nice but there could be a better one. Psychic has been around since generation 1, I think it's time for a more powerful or at least equal damaging psychic attack! PLEASE

_________________
Childish Fools
Image Image


Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:45 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:55 pm
Posts: 192
I think Dark and Ghost types need a stronger attack to use, bear in mind the ridiculous number of psychic legendaries we have, and don't forget that Dream Eater is a power 100 attack, although, I do see your point.

_________________
Image Image Image

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)


Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:11 am
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 33
Ah yes the dreaded Dream Eater that basically depends on hypnosis and it's wishy washy accuracy.

_________________
Childish Fools
Image Image


Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:01 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 1420
Location: Somewhere in this general area.
Yeah, Ok I see the point with dreameater, and psychic needing more moves that are a bit more powerful, but i still say steel and dark need more moves in general.

_________________
A glass is never empty it will always be full of air, unless its in a vacuum, THEN its empty.


Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:08 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:55 pm
Posts: 192
I agree with Dark needing more powerful attacks; however, Steel is only effective against Rock and Ice, making it a pretty bad offensive choice and even if you are using it because of STAB, you'd still be better off with a fighting attack most of the time because of better coverage. The only steel attack that is widely used, is Gyro Ball on a Bronzong

_________________
Image Image Image

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)


Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:21 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 1420
Location: Somewhere in this general area.
InstantBacon wrote:
I agree with Dark needing more powerful attacks; however, Steel is only effective against Rock and Ice, making it a pretty bad offensive choice and even if you are using it because of STAB, you'd still be better off with a fighting attack most of the time because of better coverage. The only steel attack that is widely used, is Gyro Ball on a Bronzong


Which is why we need more steel moves......

_________________
A glass is never empty it will always be full of air, unless its in a vacuum, THEN its empty.


Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:51 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Jagged Pass... lat 32.93, long 131.11
InstantBacon wrote:
I agree with Dark needing more powerful attacks; however, Steel is only effective against Rock and Ice, making it a pretty bad offensive choice and even if you are using it because of STAB, you'd still be better off with a fighting attack most of the time because of better coverage. The only steel attack that is widely used, is Gyro Ball on a Bronzong

When I run a Magic Guard "annoy-the-hell-out-of-em" Clefable, I use Meteor Mash.
But think about Steel's offensive move pool as of now: Bullet Punch, Flash Cannon, Gyro Ball, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Magnet Bomb, Metal Claw, Meteor Mash, Mirror Shot, Steel Wing (and I guess Doom Desire counts kinda). I mean, everything's kinda covered. I'd say all it needs is some more accuracy, but it's still a brutal bunch of attacks.

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Avatar courtesy of Magikarps_Beast


Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:48 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:55 pm
Posts: 192
Spoinkable wrote:
InstantBacon wrote:
I agree with Dark needing more powerful attacks; however, Steel is only effective against Rock and Ice, making it a pretty bad offensive choice and even if you are using it because of STAB, you'd still be better off with a fighting attack most of the time because of better coverage. The only steel attack that is widely used, is Gyro Ball on a Bronzong

When I run a Magic Guard "annoy-the-hell-out-of-em" Clefable, I use Meteor Mash.
But think about Steel's offensive move pool as of now: Bullet Punch, Flash Cannon, Gyro Ball, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Magnet Bomb, Metal Claw, Meteor Mash, Mirror Shot, Steel Wing (and I guess Doom Desire counts kinda). I mean, everything's kinda covered. I'd say all it needs is some more accuracy, but it's still a brutal bunch of attacks.


Yeah, I see your point. Jirachi's Iron Head, Scizor's Technician-boosted Bullet Punch, Metagross's Meteor Mash etc. They might not be used that often but when they are...

_________________
Image Image Image

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)


Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:06 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:49 am
Posts: 110
Location: Die of AIDS for your first clue
Dark type moves? Dark type moves are the one reason why Cresselia is no longer OU (other than Sand Stream). Crunch is powerful enough, especially from Tyranitar. The last thing we want is Tyranitar launching a 120 base power physical dark attack with a Choice Band. Pursuit doesn't sound very powerful, but OHKOing Rotom-A is a pretty astonishing feat. Sucker Punch basically means "don't attack or die", and Dark Pulse ain't too bad for the special side.

Anyway, here's what I thought of:

{entei} - Entei has a physical movepool of Fire Fang, Iron Tail, Stone Edge and Return. Sweet. It got Flare Blitz and Extremespeed from an event, but it needs it as level-up moves, at least. And look at it, it's a massive volcano demi-god cross between a dog and a lion. Surely it should have Earthquake? And Crunch, maybe.

{probopass} - I know, Rock/Steel type, but still, give it Curse, and it will rise in the tiers. Given that OU is filled with choiced Scizors and Heatrans, Probopass can easily come in on an unsuspecting Scizor or Heatran locked into Bullet Punch or Dragon Pulse, trap it, then set up with Curse and destroy the opposing team. It will make special-based Pokemon a given for any team with a Scizor. Also works in UU with Registeel and other steels.

{alakazam} - Remember in advance when it was OU? Alakazam needs its elemental moves back. Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are all pretty viable for an Alakazam. I mean, Mr. Mime and Gardevoir learn them, why shouldn't Alakazam? And maybe go over the top and have Fire Blast, Blizzard and Thunder. But that's like giving Garchomp Dragon Dance.

{smeargle} - Just kidding.

{wobbuffet} - It's already an uber, but why should it stop there? Wobbuffet should have some attacking moves so that Taunt don't completely kill it, even if its attack stat is lower than the number of male Justin Bieber fans. Recover is a nice little thing, as Wobbuffet's main weakness is that despite its HP, it's still killed pretty easily.

{beldum} - Speaks for itself.

{ditto} - Ditto above.

{blastoise} - Okay, so here we have 100 base defence, 105 base special defence and 79 base HP. Water-type, one of the most defensive types in the game. And no recovery move. Blastoise needs Recover, or anything that doesn't involve Rest and Sleep Talk. It's already got Rapid Spin, Toxic and even decent offensive stats, so all it needs to make OU is Recover.

_________________
73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.


Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:19 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:55 pm
Posts: 192
[quote="Slim Shady"]Dark type moves? Dark type moves are the one reason why Cresselia is no longer OU (other than Sand Stream). Crunch is powerful enough, especially from Tyranitar. The last thing we want is Tyranitar launching a 120 base power physical dark attack with a Choice Band. Pursuit doesn't sound very powerful, but OHKOing Rotom-A is a pretty astonishing feat. Sucker Punch basically means "don't attack or die", and Dark Pulse ain't too bad for the special side. I see your point, I suppose the Dark type has enough advantages not to need brute force; however, they gave all Dragon types Draco Meteor.

Anyway, here's what I thought of:

{entei} - Entei has a physical movepool of Fire Fang, Iron Tail, Stone Edge and Return. Sweet. It got Flare Blitz and Extremespeed from an event, but it needs it as level-up moves, at least. And look at it, it's a massive volcano demi-god cross between a dog and a lion. Surely it should have Earthquake? And Crunch, maybe. Yeah, I completely agree. For something that is supposed to be that powerful, it has a pathetic movepool and is only useful for trading.

{probopass} - I know, Rock/Steel type, but still, give it Curse, and it will rise in the tiers. Given that OU is filled with choiced Scizors and Heatrans, Probopass can easily come in on an unsuspecting Scizor or Heatran locked into Bullet Punch or Dragon Pulse, trap it, then set up with Curse and destroy the opposing team. It will make special-based Pokemon a given for any team with a Scizor. Also works in UU with Registeel and other steels. It's a great idea, but, unfortunately I don't see Game Freak doing it.

{alakazam} - Remember in advance when it was OU? Alakazam needs its elemental moves back. Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are all pretty viable for an Alakazam. I mean, Mr. Mime and Gardevoir learn them, why shouldn't Alakazam? And maybe go over the top and have Fire Blast, Blizzard and Thunder. But that's like giving Garchomp Dragon Dance. I think that Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are okay, but could be a bit too powerful especially when you compare them to the elemental punches, but the others would be Overkill

{wobbuffet} - It's already an uber, but why should it stop there? Wobbuffet should have some attacking moves so that Taunt don't completely kill it, even if its attack stat is lower than the number of male Justin Bieber fans. Recover is a nice little thing, as Wobbuffet's main weakness is that despite its HP, it's still killed pretty easily. Personally, I think, Wobbuffet is too good already, because when used with good prediction, it is outrageously annoying already.

{beldum} - Speaks for itself. Why? it evolves at level 20 and gets decent attacks from then on.

{blastoise} - Okay, so here we have 100 base defence, 105 base special defence and 79 base HP. Water-type, one of the most defensive types in the game. And no recovery move. Blastoise needs Recover, or anything that doesn't involve Rest and Sleep Talk. It's already got Rapid Spin, Toxic and even decent offensive stats, so all it needs to make OU is Recover. Yeah, Blastoise would benefit hugely from a decent recovery move, as its already a great supportive pokemon[/quote]

I also recently read THIS article, which covers some other stuff as well.

_________________
Image Image Image

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)


Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:57 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:49 am
Posts: 110
Location: Die of AIDS for your first clue
yeah, that's where i got the wobbuffet recover idea from (i think). But {tyranitar} with Sucker Punch and Rapid Spin? Gimme a break.

{shelgon} {salamence} - In Pokemon Ranger, Shelgon attacks by rapidly spinning around. Why not in the main games? Y'know, Shelgon can conveniently learn Rapid Spin anywhere between level 30 and 50, then the opponent can either switch in their Giratina to a Dragon Dance and Outrage, or their spiking efforts go to waste. Maybe I'm just biased with the fact that Salamence is my favourite Pokemon, but hey!

{sceptile} - Okay, so it's one of my favourite Pokemon and all I want it to be is the powerful sweeper it was in advance. But Sceptile should get Nasty Plot. There's nothing against it learning Dark-type moves already, it learns Crunch and Pursuit, two of the most popular dark-type moves in OU. It should learn Nasty Plot, and then the only things stopping it are bullet punch, ice shard and scarfed revenge killers.

{torkoal} - Just look at that Defense stat! Arcanine only has intimidate going for it, and even that makes it physically bulky. If Torkoal had a recovery move, even an unreliable one like Morning Sun, it'll make him so much better. At least in UU.

{slaking} - Explosion. 'Nuff said.

_________________
73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.


Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:32 pm
Posts: 401
How would a slaking explode?

_________________
This is a signature. It is very good.
actually it's terrible, but let me believe what I want

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873


Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:33 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Jagged Pass... lat 32.93, long 131.11
How does a Palm Tree explode? {exeggutor}
How does a bell explode? {bronzong}
How does a ghost explode? {gengar}
How does a living tongue explode? {lickilicky}
How does an evil tree spirit explode? {shiftry}
How does a tree/rock explode? {sudowoodo}

...What is it with all these trees exploding?

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Avatar courtesy of Magikarps_Beast


Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:32 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:49 am
Posts: 110
Location: Die of AIDS for your first clue
{ninjask} - Taunt. Yeah, I said it.

_________________
73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.


Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:26 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 am
Posts: 252
Location: You remember the twin towers?
{houndoom} destiny bond
{cradily} fire blast

nuff said

_________________
pm me for a battle my fc is 4297 5662 5505
Image


Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:28 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:54 am
Posts: 81
Location: Malaysia
I dont get it {shiftry} has leaves on his hands and yet he cant learn leaf blade until now?


Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:44 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:42 am
Posts: 587
Location: Lurking around..
Slim Shady wrote:
{slaking} - Explosion. 'Nuff said.


If Slaking gets Explosion, it would be up to the Uber tier.


Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:24 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:10 am
Posts: 82
These two need Flare Blitz: {entei} {flareon}

Also {banette} really needs better moves. It has great base 115 Attack, but a really crappy physical movepool.

_________________
Feel free to send me a PM if you want to chat about various things.


Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:44 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:54 am
Posts: 81
Location: Malaysia
DarkTrainer13 wrote:
Slim Shady wrote:
{slaking} - Explosion. 'Nuff said.


If Slaking gets Explosion, it would be up to the Uber tier.


A ghost type counters it well...and using protect then another attack completely counters it so I dont think it will be going to ubers but if it does get explosion usage of wish passers to support and counter slaking and probably some more tanky ghost types like rotom spiritomb and dusknoir would increase


Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:13 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:49 am
Posts: 110
Location: Die of AIDS for your first clue
Here are some damage calculations for Slaking's Explosion:

neutral nature Slaking with 0 atk on standard 252 HP/0 Def Jirachi: 100%
max attack Slaking on 252 HP/252 Def Skarmory: 89-100%

and because explosion slaking will probably be holding a choice band, i'm pretty confident explosion slaking would be OU, if not Uber :/

_________________
73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.


Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:44 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:42 am
Posts: 587
Location: Lurking around..
Is that so? Then i think the only way to survive Slaking's Explosion is to resist it.


Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:33 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:51 pm
Posts: 23
slaking with explosion would be too strong. i mean almost anything that has explosion would be a threat.


Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:08 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:54 am
Posts: 81
Location: Malaysia
Slim Shady wrote:
Here are some damage calculations for Slaking's Explosion:

neutral nature Slaking with 0 atk on standard 252 HP/0 Def Jirachi: 100%
max attack Slaking on 252 HP/252 Def Skarmory: 89-100%

and because explosion slaking will probably be holding a choice band, i'm pretty confident explosion slaking would be OU, if not Uber :/


when you see a slaking and thinks that he's going to use explosion switch to a ghost type or just use protect and attack him when he cant attack the next turn. Its not that hard, especially when there so much protect+wish passer pokes like blissey and vaporeon around. Dont forget that unless slaking is equipped with a scarf substitute users that out speed it renders it useless as truant let then have another free turn of substitute set up. It might deal 100% damage do Jirachi like you said but a scarfed jirachi will flinch you to death and if skarm survives your explosion it would give him a chance to set up spikes or roost off some of the damage.


Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:08 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:42 am
Posts: 587
Location: Lurking around..
I know but it already has a decent speed to do, and not all pokemon have Protect, and not all pokemon resist Explosion. And one more, not everyone has a Ghost-type pokemon in their team.


Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Jagged Pass... lat 32.93, long 131.11
Definitely not Uber. Truant is just too much of a setback.

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Avatar courtesy of Magikarps_Beast


Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:30 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.