It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Pokemon who need better moves in Generation 5 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It may be a setback, but it could be done with in a double battle, if the partner knows Skill Swap or Gastro Acid.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pff, yeah but who double battles, anyway?
K, so I ONLY double battle, and I know what you mean.

Speaking of which, has anyone analyzed Pokemon for their Double Battle potential?
I'd assume it's going to be much more prominent, since they're introducing Triple Battles in Gen IV.
Like, some moves change completely between single and double battles, and the ONLY strategies I ever read about online are for single battles.
I'm apparently one of the Few who really embraced double battling.

My point: what about us?
I'd say we need some love. And some Pokemon need the love, too.
Example, {plusle} and {minun} suck, but if you use them together, they're not Terrible. Still not the best, but they're usable.
I think they could do with some new moves.
OOOH! Or pretty much anything with Helping Hand. I think we need more defensive Pokes who can use that move.
Sure, there's {blissey} and {uxie} and the like, but I want more!
Also, a new weather move would be lovely. I'd love for a Ghost-type, or Psychic-type.
Dark-type is also feasible.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:51 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I agree with everlasting sapphire, But i'd also like to see more power 40 to 60 moves, or some weak multi hit moves on current technician or even super luck even a super luck gallade or I don't think they used those abilities to their fullest potential

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

LEAFEON. It has a great attack for a grass type, so it should be able to learn some better lvl up moves.
Gengar. Its a ghost and poison type. WHY CANT IT LEARN SOME POISON LVL UP MOVES??
Garchomp. Why can't it learn earthquake by lvl up? (this is gonna cause an uproar)
Dragon types in general should be able to learn some fire moves by lvl up. There dragons. Dragons breath fire.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey, not all dragon able to breath fire, you know. And the main reason that Garchomp don't get Earthquake by leveling up probably to prevent it from having the rank of Super Uber. But i agree with Gengar, and Leafeon.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If something can learn a move as a TM, it would be considered in the ranking process.
You can already give Garchomp Earthquake via TM 26, what he's saying is that it doesn't make sense for him to Not learn it by level up.

And a lot of Dragons breathe fire. That's kinda one of the big things they're known for.
{dratini} {dragonair} {dragonite} {kingdra} {altaria} {vibrava} {flygon} {bagon} {shelgon} {salamence} {latias} {latios} {rayquaza} {gible} {gabite} {garchomp} {dialga} {palkia} {giratina}
Of these, I think they did fine, honestly.
Kingdra is a Water-type, Lati@s are different kinds of Dragons (I don't know why they're typed as such), and the rest can learn some fun ones via TM.
However, I do think it's odd that Giratina doesn't get any fire moves other than Will-o-Wisp and Sunny Day.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:26 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

did anyone notice? {blastoise} {feraligatr} {empoleon} has aqua jet the only starter that dosent have aqua jet is {swampert} I mean a crocodile can use it and it cant? and its low speed shouldnt be a reason as {empoleon} speed are as low as {swampert} and furthermore its attack stat isnt even surprising enough to use aqua jet without a sword dance boost. I mean {swampert} would be a great aqua jet user in OU, after a few curse boost it fails to outspeed some pokes and gets revenge killed easily it's at low health and furthermore he can abuse aqua jet more than {empoleon} as it has higher attack it should have aqua jet and sword dance why does an oversized penguin able to use sword dance AND agility while a mud fish swamp monster can only curse itself? It certainly has higher base attack and it could abuse aqua jet like how {scizor} abuse bullet punch even though it has lower base attack it has a higher chance to set up due to its bulk and won't have to lock himself to a single move with a choice band like {scizor} to abuse attack with higher priority. The thing is {magnezone} revenge kill {scizor} {rotom-H} wont feel a thing from it even pursuit dosent OHKO it and scarftran OHKO it too. But aqua jet is only resisted by a few {vaporeon} could be OHKO by and EQ after a few boost so does {suicune} and {heatran} cant OHKO it and {magnezone} fails to OHKO a Rindo berry {swampert} with 252HP EV with HP grass and get OHKO back by a torrent+curse boosted aqua jet. Infernape also fails to kill it with grass knot as aqua jet is faster as well. I mean letting it learn aqua jet isnt unreasonable nor does letting it learn sword dance, all 3 of the other starters have aqua jet a penguin could sword dance a crocodile could dragon dance and a turtle could outrage(i know swampert can outrage but a swamp monster using outrage seem more logical than a turtle using it) so why couldnt {swampert} just learn aqua jet?

Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:53 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think Castform should have an evolution and should have better moves. I mean sure when you get it in the weather tower (R/S/E) it has some pretty sucky moves.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4