It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Pokemon Black & White 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It does seem like they aren't camping out in a forest anymore, don't they?

However, the city could be so big, all the pics could be from Black and White's 'Saffron City.' :P

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GollyGreg wrote:
It does seem like they aren't camping out in a forest anymore, don't they?

However, the city could be so big, all the pics could be from Black and White's 'Saffron City.' :P

I thought this at first, too, but then I took notice of ALL the buildings on the horizon in the battle scene.
We shall see soon enough!
Either way, I'm SO stoked.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
If they do it, however, I demand either rest stops or Ethers and the like to be much more easily accessible

they did make it easier to get ether in HGSS, Its a common rock smash item to appear anywere, its even a max ether.

As far as bigger/more complex maps go there just isn't enought storage space on the card.
This is also why I'd be hard to have a Wii Pokemon RPG,

Both XD and Coloseum Have the complex maps, however they lack storage space, (on the PC 3 Boxes in Colo. and 5 in XD) No inbetween routes, only 96 pokemon that appear in XD, of which only 9 you can catch more than once in the wild, Colo. only has 53 and no wild pokemon (Thats less than RBY!) , Also is number of each item in your bag
think about zelda, All the enemy are the same, one octorock is exactly the same as the last one,

Each pokemon game has a balance of data,
1st You have storage, This is the PC, It remembers Nature, EVs, IVs, Level, gender, Shinyness, Moves, Moves PP, OT and OT #, capture location, Date, region, Happiness, ribbions, Pokerus, Contest condition, Pokeblock/Poffins Ate, Held Item, NickName, Species, Pokethon Stats, Pokeball,
this is also broken up into Sub-storage locations, Your Party, Daycare couple, Waiting Egg, Daycare man,
Most hand games can hold 549 pokemon, FRLG can Hold 1 more

2nd is Event Generation, This is Battles, In an wild encounter The game generates IVs, Nature, pokerus, shinyness, Species, Gender, level.
This includes Catching pokemon, moves the foe uses, items that they use, switching/flee(flee is what happen when wild pokemon can't switch out), the enviroments reaction to your actions, Opponents AI, random battle ffects like status, critical hits, misses, and damage recived. This issort of the story line as well

3rd is the enviroment, every this is in the game falls into 5 catagorys; wall, basic, event trigger, transporter and dynamic items
wall is something the blocks your movement, basic is just the square that does nothing, event trigger is something that activates the event generator, this could be a patch of Grass, a trainer, or any interactable item, Transporters move you to some other location, these are warp tiles, fast moving currents, rock climb walls, etc, Dynamic is something that moves on its owns like trainers

My Pokemon Ranch - 90% storage, 5% event generation 5% enviroment (Just for storing pokemon)
XD Gale of Darkness/Coloseum - 10% storage, 40% event generation 50% enviroment (Looks good but very few pokemon)
RBY/GSC/RSE/FRLG/DPPl/HGSS - 40% storage, 40% event generation 20% enviroment
Pokemon mysterious Dungeon - 50% storage, 40% event generation 10% enviroment (remember all maps are randomly generated)
Pokemon Ranger - 5% storage, (You could only keep a few pokemon with you and no PC) 50% event generation 45% enviroment
Pokemon Battle Revolution - 30% storage, 65% event generation (this is why oppenents are Hard to beat) 5% enviroment
Pokemon Rumble - 20% storage (Pokemon only have an ability, two moves, 2 stats), 70% event generation 10% enviroment

Non-Pokemon games
legend of Zelda - 5% storage, 25% event generation 70% enviroment
Mario Bros - 1% storage, 39% event generation 60% enviroment
Mario Kart - 1% storage 59% event generation 40% enviroment
Smash Bros - 5% storage 70% event generation 25% enviroment

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:50 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
/vXv\ wrote:
Quote:
If they do it, however, I demand either rest stops or Ethers and the like to be much more easily accessible

they did make it easier to get ether in HGSS, Its a common rock smash item to appear anywere, its even a max ether.

As far as bigger/more complex maps go there just isn't enought storage space on the card.
This is also why I'd be hard to have a Wii Pokemon RPG,

On both of these good points I say..."but still though, I want to not die of boredom going through pointlessly small route maps & rock smash doesn't produce items at an very accurate rate imo...yeah, I got some of those Max Ethers but I have never gotten a Ether via Rock Smash so I want that item not it's more powerful version more easily accessible"...just saying...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3