It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Dark Type Gym Please! 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think a dark gym is a good idea. As for the leader's gender, it doesnt matter to me. I originally had a male dark gym leader made up named Darcen(darken with the k replaced with c), but I like the name Terry. That can be a girl or guy name.

I noticed that all the grass gym leaders were girls, but never found it ironic until now. The other starting types have gym leaders of each gender, what makes grass different? Probably the flowers...but a male grass gym leader can be like a forest ranger. Or a lumberjack. Forest ranger would probably fit better, since lumberjacks tend to destroy nature.

Actually ground hasnt had a gym either. Giovanni doesnt count...

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:03 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I don't see how Giovanni doesn't count. He hands out a badge, all the Pokemon he uses in the Gym battle in Red, Blue, FireRed and LeafGreen are Ground, and his name is even taken from "geo." I'm pretty sure that makes him a Gym Leader.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:10 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

True...I didnt notice the "geo" name thing.

I don't consider him a true gym leader because that's not all he does. He also runs Team Rocket. None of the other gym leaders have other jobs, not to mention theyre not villains.

Unless of course he was a gym leader first, but it's hard to tell.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Charizard Rider wrote:
I don't consider him a true gym leader because that's not all he does. He also runs Team Rocket. None of the other gym leaders have other jobs, not to mention theyre not villains.

This is true. You do make a good point, though. I guess I never really considered Giovanni's running Team Rocket a job until now.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:38 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Charizard Rider wrote:
I noticed that all the grass gym leaders were girls, but never found it ironic until now. The other starting types have gym leaders of each gender, what makes grass different? Probably the flowers...but a male grass gym leader can be like a forest ranger. Or a lumberjack. Forest ranger would probably fit better, since lumberjacks tend to destroy nature.

I made a Male Grass Type Gym Leader in the appropiate thread just cause of this fact...&...

&...Giovanni isn't the only gym leader with another job as well...but to be honest he was a disgrace of a Ground Type Gym Leader anyway so...yeah, he doesn't count...I want a Ground Type Gym Leader with an actual theme stating that he/she is a Ground Type Gym Leader peferrably a female Gym Leader since there isn't one for that type yet...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:46 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:

I made a Male Grass Type Gym Leader in the appropiate thread just cause of this fact...

I went and read that. And I made a farm boy normal type gym leader...I think he turned out awesome.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Glad you found it...it needed more traffic umm back on topic...anyone?...

Well I for one would like an Ice Type Gym to appear early in the game & a Dark Type Gym to appear later in the game...mainly the later thing...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The Dark Type should probably come at the latter half, maybe at the sixth or seventh gym.

As for a male grass leader, how about Wood(y), as a name?

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:50 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

AceTrainer wrote:
The Dark Type should probably come at the latter half, maybe at the sixth or seventh gym.

As for a male grass leader, how about Wood(y), as a name?

If they did that...& I would hope that they would make a male Grass Type Gym Leader, then this could work as a name I guess...& yes, yes, the Dark Type Gym must come at around the 6th or 7th Gym cause otherwise it would be a dissapointment considering the lack of Dark Types & the fact that they may not fix this well enough to be able to work with it being any earlier...I vote for it to be the 6th Gym myself...

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:59 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

All Nintendo would need to do to make a fun selection of gyms for a new generation is; count up all of the gyms in previous games, work out the least common ones, use the least common gender for those gym leaders in each gym, and use the new pokemon in the generation as each leader's signature pokemon. I think that the dark gym should be the last and hardest one, with Zoruak as the signature pokemon. This would make up for a lack of prior dark gym leaders.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:46 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah...actually I wouldn't mind at all if the Dark Gym Leader was not only last but female as well...that would be amazing...

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:35 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i am all for a dark gym as the 6th or 7th...
they should have more gym badges than 8 and make them harder ... and another double battle maybe dark with the 2 new pokemon

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:06 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

xxpiplupxx wrote:
they should have more gym badges than 8 and make them harder ... and another double battle maybe dark with the 2 new pokemon

Thanks...& that might not pose as much of a challene that's needed from a 6th or 7th Gym...Solrock & Lunatone provided a decent amount of challenge for a 7th(?) Gym due to them working well together & both having great stats for that point in the game...even with their weaknesses it was not too easy to win...with the new Dark Types I see this = Zorua hits the dust slightly too quick to be a challenge & then Zoroark is overpowered & victory is yours...besides, I'm pretty sure there will be a Fighting Type & definetely a Bug Type by that point in the game that will pose a threat here of some kind...meh...

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

xxpiplupxx wrote:

I'm all for being more challenging but I assume that they won't ever move it above 8 for two reasons...

1) Its been something they've kept constant throughout the whole series

2) In the Pokemon show I believe every region has had only 8 gyms, and the games try to keep things like geography/cities pretty similar to the show.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

No more than 8 gyms please. There are certain traditions we just can't break.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AceTrainer wrote:
No more than 8 gyms please. There are certain traditions we just can't break.

He is right. If you want more than 8, Then at least ask for another region for 16 gyms.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

To be honest I'm joining this discussion after only reading the last three posts.
There are two things I love about this thread, already.
1. Dark-type gym would be fantastic
2. Another double battle gym leader challenge would make my life as close to complete as it's going to get

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I really hope that they put a Dark-Type Gym Leader. Sidney and Karen aren't tough. In my opinion, they're weak. Anyway, a Dark Type Gym Leader is a must. I swear, if they put another Dark Type E4, I'm gonna be mad!

Sun May 02, 2010 9:53 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

pokemon_god wrote:
I really hope that they put a Dark-Type Gym Leader. Sidney and Karen aren't tough. In my opinion, they're weak. Anyway, a Dark Type Gym Leader is a must. I swear, if they put another Dark Type E4, I'm gonna be mad!

Me too buddy, me too...I mean 2 is enough when it comes to Elite 4 Members...please Game Freak, etc. no more got dang Dark Type pokemon using Elite 4 Members, at least not as their actual Type of choice...

Sun May 02, 2010 12:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

How would they design the gym though?

Between Morty's two and Fathama's two gyms from their respective generations/games a dark looking room idea has been very explored already.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu May 06, 2010 6:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

KingErick wrote:
How would they design the gym though?

Between Morty's two and Fathama's two gyms from their respective generations/games a dark looking room idea has been very explored already.

Maybe they could explore the evil side of it?
Like, Dark-type doesn't necessarily represent darkness to me (weird, right?)
It represents wrongdoings and the like.
I'm not creative at all, so I can't give a specific example, but I think it'd be neat.

Thu May 06, 2010 9:41 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

They could go in the Moon theme direction or have some kind of Dark Forest like theme to it...tbh, I don't care what they do as long as I get my Dark Type Gym Leader & her/he is a good one...

Fri May 07, 2010 2:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
They could go in the Moon theme direction or have some kind of Dark Forest like theme to it...tbh, I don't care what they do as long as I get my Dark Type Gym Leader & her/he is a good one...

A room whose mazes and doors shift every time the lights come out.

Sat May 08, 2010 2:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AceTrainer wrote:

This captures the PERFECT essence!

Sat May 08, 2010 6:03 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:

This captures the PERFECT essence!

On all accounts here, I agree, I like that, that's the way to think AceTrainer...

Sat May 08, 2010 6:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next