It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:27 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Types that need more pokemon in Gen 5 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think it's past time we have:
Fire/Water (Fire Crab?)
Fire/Ice (Uh... something?)
Dark/Electric (snake?)
"Bird" Fire/Flying and Ice/Flying 3-stage evolution "early in the game" birds.

Thu May 20, 2010 12:25 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I want to see a Fire/Electric Pokemon...perhaps it could have a fireworks motif or something like that. A Fighting/Flying type would be good, too...or a pure Flying type.
Or maybe a Steel/Poison type...I have way too many ideas for this floating about in my head...

Thu May 20, 2010 2:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm not really for the water/fire and ice/fire. They seem way too forced, and I just can't comprehend them making any sense... particularly fire/ice.

We need more pure ice, pure ghost, pure dragon, and pure steel types.

Theres only 4 ice, 7 ghost, 4 dragon, and 2 steel

Thu May 20, 2010 5:26 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Fire/Ice and Fire/Water could work.. but you have to have break out of your typical poke-animal thinking in order to do it. I mean, did we ever think we'd see a Grass/Ice pokemon.. that really didn't jump into my mind either as being some rabbid pine tree.

I would think something along the lines of a Magmortar type pokemon (double guns, one of each).. Or a poke that is kinda like.. a half and half.. (Think Girafarig).

An idea for Fire/Ice could be in the likes of a fossilized pokemon... but instead of being part rock, it would have been frozen and preserved in Ice. Something like, a frozen Charmander.

As for Fire/Water.. I would lean toward a legendary for those.. being one of the tri-legendaries.. tie that in.. with the Fire/Water, Ground/Electric, Pure Flying.. with the theme of the 5 major natural elements. While also representing the never before seen combos. With them being legendaries, they don't even need to necessarily look the part (Like Kygore/Groudon, Palkia/Dialga, etc) to be able to control both types.

Thu May 20, 2010 9:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A geyser based pokemon will make for an excellent and logical fire/water.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Thu May 20, 2010 9:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

puck269 wrote:
I would think something along the lines of a Magmortar type pokemon (double guns, one of each).. Or a poke that is kinda like.. a half and half.. (Think Girafarig).

An idea for Fire/Ice could be in the likes of a fossilized pokemon... but instead of being part rock, it would have been frozen and preserved in Ice. Something like, a frozen Charmander.

As for Fire/Water.. I would lean toward a legendary for those.. being one of the tri-legendaries.. tie that in.. with the Fire/Water, Ground/Electric, Pure Flying.. with the theme of the 5 major natural elements. While also representing the never before seen combos. With them being legendaries, they don't even need to necessarily look the part (Like Kygore/Groudon, Palkia/Dialga, etc) to be able to control both types.

I love you.

And I think it'd be cooler if said legendaries DID look the part.
Think of the options there...

Thu May 20, 2010 10:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think we need more Steel type pokemon. I like the Steel type, and we don't have that many good ones. {aggron} {steelix} {skarmory}

Fri May 21, 2010 9:35 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Here's an idea: Mawlie and Sableye should evolve in a new cave ala Probopass. They'd both be OU but we need another good non-legendary pure steel type and an Offensive Ghost/Dark type with a decent stat total. Here are their prototype sprites:

Yes, I know they are just splices of Sableye/Kabutops and Mawlie/Lopunny that I made.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri May 21, 2010 4:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

dude that sableye is sick kiu

Fri May 21, 2010 5:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah. I need an offensive ghost/dark type.

Fri May 21, 2010 5:31 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

There could be an Electric type with Levitate...then there would be a non Ghost/Dark Pokemon without any weaknesses...

Fri May 21, 2010 5:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mektar wrote:
They'd both be OU but we need another good non-legendary pure steel type and an Offensive Ghost/Dark type with a decent stat total.

Actually I think a psuedo-legendary steel-dragon is in order (Sorry Dialga...), and maybe a new psuedo-legendary ghost type. Not Ghost/Dark, as it's got no weaknesses... bad mojo.

Anyways, I think a few more pure-steel types would be okay (Steel-bug needs a 3 evolution state).

Fri May 21, 2010 5:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Steel, Electric, Ghost and Fire.

Water and Psychic need less pokemon this generation.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sun May 23, 2010 1:34 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Definitely agree with Ghost and Fire.
And I ONLY want more Electrics if they don't do more super-charged, POS, roadkill-esque mammals.
{pichu} {plusle} {minun} {pachirisu}

Also, while I'm at it, I'm tired of Sh*tty Grass-types.
{jumpluff} {sunflora} {cherrim} {carnivine} {abomasnow}
They improved {roselia} {tropius} {cacturne} in Gen IV, though...

Sun May 23, 2010 5:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, apparently, the Isshu region is just islands or something, so that means a lot of water pokemon.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun May 23, 2010 6:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ryanh181 wrote:
Well, apparently, the Isshu region is just islands or something, so that means a lot of water pokemon.

Interesting... I wonder how long until you get Surf? IE, I wonder how many boats you must ride...

Sun May 23, 2010 10:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So what do you think the new fighting pokemon will be based upon?

{machamp} line is based on wrestlers, bodybuilders and practitioners of mixed/different martial arts (based on pokedex)

{hitmonchan} is based on boxers

{hitmonlee} is based on kickboxers

{hitmontop} is based on capoeira dancers

{hariyama} line is based on sumo wrestlers

{lucario} line is based on egyptian boxing

{heracross} is based on beetle fights

{blaziken} line is based on chicken fight (can't use the proper term, as it is being blocked)

{medicham} line is based on monks or practictioners of yoga

{infernape} line is based on muay thai and monkey kung fu

{toxicroak} line is based on muay thai fighters (image wise, especially on croagunk), and ninjas most probably

{gallade} is based on a knight or a samurai

----

What I'd like to see:

A luchador-based (masked wrestler) fighting pokemon. Perhaps a branch evolution from {makuhita} , like a more 'muscular' counterpart to the 'bulky' hariyama?

An eskrima/fencing based pokemon

A fighting/water based on the siamese fighting fish

Mon May 24, 2010 8:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AceTrainer wrote:

I'd love to see some weapon specialization, like with Gallade.
Give {farfetch'd} a Samurai evolution, for starters.
This would also give us the elusive Flying/Fighting Pokemon.

Oh, and something with ... whips? Can't think of the proper term at present.
Not 'whips' persay, but ... has anyone played Kingdom Hearts?
Remember the little girl who used a jump rope as a weapon?
Something like that.

Or a ball-and-chain based Pokemon.
Maybe Fighting/Steel.

Perhaps a Fighting/Grass based on guerrilla warfare.

Mon May 24, 2010 9:08 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:

Oh, and something with ... whips? Can't think of the proper term at present.
Not 'whips' persay, but ... has anyone played Kingdom Hearts?
Remember the little girl who used a jump rope as a weapon?
Something like that.

Or a ball-and-chain based Pokemon.
Maybe Fighting/Steel.

Perhaps a Fighting/Grass based on guerrilla warfare.

I like that Farfetch'd idea!

As for the whips, in Chinese, they are called soft weapons, so yeah, it is probable. The ball and chain sounds cool too!

While we're at it, we need more 3-stage fighting pokemon

Hunkid > Hunkeen > Hunking

Stu(r)dude > Stu(r)dire > Stu(r)duke/Sturdon

Robustyke > Robustrike > Robustsar

(I just based the names on Machop > Machoke > Machamp, Macho - Hunk - Stud/Sturdy - Robust, then a title on the final evolution, Champ - King - Duke/Don - Tsar)

Mon May 24, 2010 4:57 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'd mainly like them to break some dogma's they seem to have about certain types
they did it for some older idea's I don't see why they wouldn't continue the trend.

such as flying/normal ,dragon/flying, ground/rock.
all bugs are either poisonous or fly
I've ditched so many bug pokémon because they always seem to add up to the same generic bug/flying or bug/poison
for once it would be nice for a bug to stay with it's initial type like {surskit} and {nincada}

Last edited by ilmrik on Sun May 30, 2010 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 30, 2010 3:51 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ilmrik wrote:
I'd mainly like them to break some dogma's they seem to have about certain types
they did it for some older idea's I don't see why they wouldn't continue the trend.

such as flying/normal ,dragon/flying, ground/rock.
all bugs are either poisonous or fly
I've ditched so many bug pokémon because they always seem to add up to the same generic bug/flying or bug/poison
for once it would be nice for a bug to stay with it's initial type like *surskit* and *nincada*

To be fair, bug/poison and bug/flying are very thematically correct types.

That said, I do wish we'd see a bug/fire, bug/rock, etc. type. I'm on record as advocating a bug/x variable type (my idea was that it'd change forms based on the stone it carried, giving G1 elemental stones a new use). That said, I really doubt that we won't see a new bug/flying or bug/poison type in the new game. I just hope it's a variation worth having.

Sun May 30, 2010 4:16 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

labarith wrote:

That said, I do wish we'd see a bug/fire, bug/rock, etc. type. I'm on record as advocating a bug/x variable type (my idea was that it'd change forms based on the stone it carried, giving G1 elemental stones a new use). That said, I really doubt that we won't see a new bug/flying or bug/poison type in the new game. I just hope it's a variation worth having.

Isn't {shuckle} a Bug/Rock?

Mon May 31, 2010 4:55 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

AceTrainer wrote:
labarith wrote:

Yeah, along with {anorith} and {armaldo}

Spoinkable wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:

THIS.

Mon May 31, 2010 9:26 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

labarith wrote:
Ryanh181 wrote:

Interesting... I wonder how long until you get Surf? IE, I wonder how many boats you must ride...

*groan* Not another Hoenn...

We need some more Bugs, in general. Good ones, with good moves and good stats. There aren't nearly enough of those.

Mon May 31, 2010 10:31 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AceTrainer wrote:
labarith wrote:

Well, I was refering to a non-fossile, non-shuckle bug-rock, like a rock-spider or something. Although, yes, Bug/Rock has been done before. :P

Mon May 31, 2010 4:17 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next