It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 New Pokemon Types....Again!? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AceTrainer wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
Resistances: Dragon, Steel, Rock, Ground
Weakness: Grass, Bug, Poison
Hits super effectively: Water, Dragon, Steel
Is resisted by: Grass, Bug, Poison

... Please?

Tempting, tempting....but no??

On a slightly different matter, how are steel immune to psychic when {alakazam} clearly demonstrates being able to bend metal? And aren't acids able to corrode metal? So poison should hit super-effective against them, right?

I was just wanting to add a type that would fully round out the current 17, and Grass really needs a boost.
I feel so bad for its general uselessness! =(

Also, a way to solve the metal thing, wouldn't it be great if they added different abilities for these effects?
Like, if Abra's family had an ability called like Metal Bend or something that allowed their Psychic moves to be super effective against Steel.
And if Muk and maybe Victreebel had an Erosion ability with the same effect.

Honestly, I can see how Psybeam and Poison Jab don't really affect Steel, but these Pokemon clearly stand outside the norm.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ryanh181 wrote:
I believe that the whole Mecha idea would work perfectly with a skarmory evolution.

maybe so, but we don't need more types, imo.... and mecha would be the least likely; pokemon are animals, not robots. brilliant/light type would make the most sense to me, but i kind of think of psychic as that one, in some senses...

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:18 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

A bronze type?

BEAST MODE

#E3CF57 reference ;]

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Platypus wrote:
A bronze type?

Too similar to Steel.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
Resistances: Dragon, Steel, Rock, Ground
Weakness: Grass, Bug, Poison
Hits super effectively: Water, Dragon, Steel
Is resisted by: Grass, Bug, Poison

... Please?

Tempting, tempting....but no??

On a slightly different matter, how are steel immune to psychic when {alakazam} clearly demonstrates being able to bend metal? And aren't acids able to corrode metal? So poison should hit super-effective against them, right?

I was just wanting to add a type that would fully round out the current 17, and Grass really needs a boost.
I feel so bad for its general uselessness! =(

Also, a way to solve the metal thing, wouldn't it be great if they added different abilities for these effects?
Like, if Abra's family had an ability called like Metal Bend or something that allowed their Psychic moves to be super effective against Steel.
And if Muk and maybe Victreebel had an Erosion ability with the same effect.

Honestly, I can see how Psybeam and Poison Jab don't really affect Steel, but these Pokemon clearly stand outside the norm.

I do agree with you if it will not break the game too much. But then it's not like levitate changes the type-advantages anyway.

As for grass types, maybe its weakness/resistance relationship with Bug should be two way because many grass types eat bugs according to their pokedex entries. That's how great grass types are, eating what owns them.

And they should have resistances to psychics too. Metal types must be resistant (immune?) to psychics because metals aren't supposed to have brains. And bug types' brains/mind may be in a different structure/organization. Well plants technically do not have any brains, at least not in the conceivable sense, so why not give them resistance to psychics? This way, grass types would be much better defensively. Any help is a welcome addition to a type that has been undermined for four generations now.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:27 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

How is Metal or Mecha different from Steel? This would be the overlap between Ground and Rock all over again. It's like creating a type called Water-2. Water-2 Pokémon have the same features as Water Pokémon, except slightly different weaknesses and resistances. How Nintendo would classify Water-2 Pokémon is like how they pick Ground over Rock. Metal and Mecha to Steel are like Water-2 to Water. They would just be Steel-types, since that type already exists.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

electric needs another weakness BAD

there also needs to be at least 2 more ??? types since theres only one (curse) and have 2 different outcome as well

i suggested light along time ago and i got my a** chewed because aparently fighting is actually good and dark is evil in japan so light would be just like fighting...which i still dont see the comparison between fighting and light

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:20 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
red kyogre wrote:
electric needs another weakness BAD

i suggested light along time ago and i got my a** chewed because aparently fighting is actually good and dark is evil in japan so light would be just like fighting...which i still dont see the comparison between fighting and light

I don't know how light & fighting can even have more then 1 comparison(generally anyway)...there is only 1 general comparison in which these 2 types have I'm sure...

& as I said before, yes, the Electric Type needs another weakness & now I say especially considering that Zekrom is part Electric & also there will be other powerful Electric Types & already has been other powerful Electric Types that needs more weaknesses imo, Electric Type pokemon are more powerful then they were in the past generations...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So I've been a critic of the Light type for ... well, every since I caught wind of it being an idea.
And my reasoning was because it's too much like Psychic, and that "good" is taken by Fighting.

Now that I really think about Light, it would be fantastic if there was a "healing" type.
I know there are specific Pokemon already who play the healer in teams,
but wouldn't it be fantastic if there was a whole type geared towards it?
K, maybe not healing, but something "holy".

(Honestly, what made me think of this is that I've been playing WoW,
and I saw a Priest die then turn into a super-healing Angel thing,
and I thought jeez, that would be a cool concept for GameFreak to tackle!)

Thoughts?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
Now that I really think about Light, it would be fantastic if there was a "healing" type.
I know there are specific Pokemon already who play the healer in teams,
but wouldn't it be fantastic if there was a whole type geared towards it?
K, maybe not healing, but something "holy".

i like the holy idea but most of the weakness and resistances and immunities would not go along with common sense

Last edited by red kyogre on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:05 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

red kyogre wrote:
i like the holy idea but most of the weakness and resistances and immunities would not go along with common sense

Umm, Red Kyogre...you might want to add " [/quote] " at the end of text you are quoting instead of " quote] ", just giving you a heads up...

Also, I like the idea too, that being said though Red Kyogre, not every weakness goes along with common sense, what about Bug being strong against Dark or more of a better example, Dragon being strong against Dragon?...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:24 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

wow i can't believe it some one likes my mecha pokemon idea

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Also, I like the idea too, that being said though Red Kyogre, not every weakness goes along with common sense, what about Bug being strong against Dark or more of a better example, Dragon being strong against Dragon?...

i can see where the dragon is super effective against dragon, in most movies when you want to kill a dragon the best thing to do is get your own dragon and have an epic battle with it. im just saying that most do make sense, the others are just to fill gaps

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:46 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i think i cool type would be air, not like flying but just air. like it be super effectiv against water, grass, rock, and ground, but fire and steel be resistant to it ( the weaknesses because of erosion, and the restances because of the fact that air cant move steel ((easily, i know it can move it sometimes.)) and beacuase if you fan a fire, it just gets bigger. )

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:30 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

chaz3121 wrote:
i think i cool type would be air, not like flying but just air. like it be super effectiv against water, grass, rock, and ground, but fire and steel be resistant to it ( the weaknesses because of erosion, and the restances because of the fact that air cant move steel ((easily, i know it can move it sometimes.)) and beacuase if you fan a fire, it just gets bigger. )

Wth would Air be Super Effective against Water? You didn't make that one clear though I see everything else except by chance Grass...

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

As numerous people have stated before Balancing the system in place is what is needed. However a new type would be exciting but would complicate too many things

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Emporer of Ice wrote:
As numerous people have stated before Balancing the system in place is what is needed. However a new type would be exciting but would complicate too many things

It always used to by my opinion that triple battles would complicate things too much, but apparently that's not the case.
I'm excited to see if they really do add a type or two.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
Emporer of Ice wrote:

It always used to by my opinion that triple battles would complicate things too much, but apparently that's not the case.
I'm excited to see if they really do add a type or two.

this would definitely be the gen to do so.... but i rather doubt it, due to the fact that pokemon has a much greater following now, with competitions and stuff; it would really confuse more people than help them, imo. mostly due to the fact that to add in one new type, they probably have to alter the way 5-6 of them interact; then everyone has to relearn the new weaknesses and everything, and blablabla..... just my opinion.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:57 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

rex09 wrote:
this would definitely be the gen to do so.... but i rather doubt it, due to the fact that pokemon has a much greater following now, with competitions and stuff; it would really confuse more people than help them, imo. mostly due to the fact that to add in one new type, they probably have to alter the way 5-6 of them interact; then everyone has to relearn the new weaknesses and everything, and blablabla..... just my opinion.

That shouldn't be a problem seeing how the 2nd Gen games did...

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:40 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
rex09 wrote:

That shouldn't be a problem seeing how the 2nd Gen games did...

but second gen didn't have as much of a following as the new ones do. and the current typings have been around much much longer than the two or three games that are the first gen. thereby, it wasn't as hard for players to adjust then as it would be now.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

People who want YET ANOTHER type that deals super-effective against GRASS are out of their minds. Might as well make it weak against everything.

Mecha doesn't fit Pokemon well.

As for the Rock and Ground overlap, yes there might be overlap, but there are differences. It's subtle, but it's still there. Just think of the two as Ice and Water types.

About Fighting being the "light" type, you could only get the idea if you look at it in the perspective of martial artists. The usual Light and Dark is pretty much a western tradition, you have to move out of it to see the Honor (light = fighting) versus Evil (roguery/cheating = Dark).

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AceTrainer wrote:
People who want YET ANOTHER type that deals super-effective against GRASS are out of their minds. Might as well make it weak against everything.

Who wanted that?

AceTrainer wrote:

Definitely agreed.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

theres already a type too many in pokemon, we don't need another one.

they classify the untypables as 'normal' too.

i like the idea of sound, but nintendo aren't smart enough for that. if we got another, it would almost definately be light, which is unnecesairry.

I think light is covered by electric type to be honest, eg. lanturn. i don't see how psychic equates to it at all, but dark type, as in the breaking-the-rules, japanese-name-evil form is much more distinguishable than a 'good/light' type.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:09 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:

Who wanted that?

AceTrainer wrote:

Definitely agreed.

The one who suggested that AIR type.

Inta Xonem wrote:
theres already a type too many in pokemon, we don't need another one.

they classify the untypables as 'normal' too.

i like the idea of sound, but nintendo aren't smart enough for that. if we got another, it would almost definately be light, which is unnecesairry.

I think light is covered by electric type to be honest, eg. lanturn. i don't see how psychic equates to it at all, but dark type, as in the breaking-the-rules, japanese-name-evil form is much more distinguishable than a 'good/light' type.

It's NOT going to be LIGHT; it's NOT PSYCHIC = LIGHT, it's FIGHTING = LIGHT. How many times do you have to tell people to look into things from the Asian Martial Artist perspective?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:22 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Inta Xonem wrote:

It's because several moves that require light and/or reflection are coincidentally Psychic-type moves. Reflect, Light Screen, Barrier, Mirror Coat, Magic Coat and Luster Purge to name a few. Sure, it's a small amount of evidence at best, but it's not any less than Fire or Electric have. Not that arguing over which existing type would fit the best as Light matters in the first place because Dark isn't supposed to be literal and the type is known as "Evil" in Japan.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next