It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 New Pokemon Types....Again!? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

When it comes to fighting being the same as light the only Pokemon that i think fits with that would be lucario(only because whenever he is seen in the anime he is usually the heroic or brave one)

as for the other types i dont think they should be added considering how messed up the type chart already is, especially mecha-type, it has almost nothing to do with Pokemon it wouldnt even be Pokemon anymore

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:09 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Acetrainer, if they introduced a "light" type, it would be based off luminosity and brightness, not the concept of good vs. evil. I think what you meant to say was dark=evil and fighting=good.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:18 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Skandranonsg wrote:
Acetrainer, if they introduced a "light" type, it would be based off luminosity and brightness, not the concept of good vs. evil. I think what you meant to say was dark=evil and fighting=good.

Yes and No. Light is good, and good is honor and honor is fighting. That's the oriental way of looking at it.

If people want Light as in luminosity, it's psychic.

If light as in good, it's fighting.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AceTrainer wrote:
Skandranonsg wrote:

Yes and No. Light is good, and good is honor and honor is fighting. That's the oriental way of looking at it.

If people want Light as in luminosity, it's psychic.

If light as in good, it's fighting.

psychic has to do with using your mind, not luminosity

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:09 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've always like pokemon because if you devoted time to learning the ins in outs of the core gameplay and little idosyncracies here and there ( burn lowers attack,Rain dance makes thunder have perfect acc, EV training, and egg moves for example ) you'll almost allways triump over some 6 year old using their starter with 5 other victory road pokemon that only know attack moves. Anyways, I'd like it if they introduced a new type that added more depth that also fixs balance issues.

to clairify my rambling...I have fun learning and remembering pages of "stuff" about pokemon because it gives me advantages over others.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Adding new types would be unnecessary it pretty balance and you can balance it more with type combination
2nd gen added new types becase it was stll a relatvaly new franchise and making a sequel is a chance stuff

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:53 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

DarkTrainer wrote:
Adding new types would be unnecessary it pretty balance

No, it is not. I have no idea how you can believe this.

Unfortunately for people who want new types, I maintain that adding new ones would just make the type chart a BIGGER clusterfuck instead of actually fixing it. That's why Dark and Steel were added in GSC, yet now the metagame is overrun with Steel-types because they have the most resistances of anything ever.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

how bout a banana type

good against: steel(coz steel needs a weakness), fighting(they slip on the peel), dark, dragon(it is getting to good), ghost(coz we can)
weak against: psychic, ice, bug, fire
immunity: steel
resists: fighting, water, dark
high sp. attack and sp. defence
low defence
works well with dule type banana/normal
anything with the type banana has the ability "death splat" which, if you faint, it loweres your opponents whole parties acurracy by 3 stages for the rest of the battle

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

The Amber Mine wrote:
how bout a banana type

*cough*fail*cough*. The only Pokemon I see working with that is Tropius, and it's alredy duel-typed.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
The Amber Mine wrote:
how bout a banana type

*cough*fail*cough*. The only Pokemon I see working with that is Tropius, and it's alredy duel-typed.

i'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic...
but if not, then i'll say it aloud, no coughing or anything: PHAILURE!!!! jkjk

we could have.... AN ALIEN TYPE!!! oh, wait, all the pokemanz are aliens.....O_o......o_O

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
i'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic...

uh...yeah...sarcastic...that's it...sarcastic, yeah

jks

rex09 wrote:
we could have.... AN ALIEN TYPE!!! oh, wait, all the pokemanz are aliens.....O_o......o_O

not u 2. not another conspiritist who thinks that all pokemon came from space.

only {deoxys} , {jirachi} , {clefairy} , {clefable} , {arceus} , {lunatone} and {solrock} . and sometime {porygon-z} and {porygon2} . but not all of them are from there.

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Last edited by The Amber Mine on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i was pretty sure i wrote that stuff..... but anyways, the aliens thing: i was pretty sure there was an episode of the anime that said that all the species of pokemon crashed on earth via a meteorite, but i'm probably wrong..... not like it matters anyways lol.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i hav seen that episod and they said that they might hav come from space, but they are not sure. i mean, mabey mew came from space, but in the first movie it says that he is that ancestor of all pokemon, so from that i am thinking that he came to earth, and had lots of eggs, that hatched into every type of pokemon. i am only guessing, but if i am right it means that they stated on earh, but there origens are cosmic.

wait...mabey team galactic all think that pokemon came from space, and mabey cyrus was trying to discover that, and just needed a way to get up there. ****!!! SORRY CYRUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

oh i have a idea how about a plasma type

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

that could work......a bananaplasma typed pokemon.
it would work as the light type pokemon coz it is a bright sounding word.
or....how 'bout a luner or solar type??? this way,solrock and lunatune could have typings that suit them. not the rock type that, according to Frost, that has nothing to do with the sun.

EDIT: this is a personal note to say that this was my hundreth post

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:22 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I don't think plasma would work as a type. Scientifically speaking, plasma is the hottest form of matter, so I think Fire and Electric have that covered already.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

pokemon doesn't need any new types they just have to fix the ones they have

Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:52 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Personally, i don't think new types are needed but it would be a change to see some new ones.
Plasma sounds cool but i can't see it heppening effectivly...

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yeah. the types are allready good enough. we dont need annymore types.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

While I don't think we need new types or that it'll happen, I would like to see a few things...

A "Light" type, super effective against Dark, but also weak against it (fitting the whole yin-yang thing), I don't know what else it would be good or weak against, maybe Fire or Electric could be resistant to it (since they make their own light).

Establishing ??? as a full type, giving it advantages and disadvantages and moves other than Curse. Maybe they can make "glitch" Pokemon as a homage to MissingNo with this type.

Also, fixing the type chart would be awesome. There would be a nice sense of "balance" if each type had the same amount of weaknesses and strengths, granted I don't know if this would make the meta "balanced" or turn it into a gigantic game or rock-paper-scissors.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:48 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i never found out what MissingNo is. can you PM me a pic Magus?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
A "Light" type, super effective against Dark, but also weak against it (fitting the whole yin-yang thing), I don't know what else it would be good or weak against, maybe Fire or Electric could be resistant to it (since they make their own light).

Establishing ??? as a full type, giving it advantages and disadvantages and moves other than Curse. Maybe they can make "glitch" Pokemon as a homage to MissingNo with this type.

Personally, I've never been so sure about the light type, I'm not claiming to be an expert on Japanese or anything, so don't take this the wrong way or anything, but I think the fighting type was partially meant to represent "light" in a Ying-Yang sense, because, especially in traditional, East-Asian cultures, the fighters, samurais etc were supposed to uphold good, the code of honour and righteousness in a way similar to the classic knights of Western European culture, only much stricter. Also the literal translation of the dark type is evil. Anyway, sorry to bore you with this long tirade, but I do find Japanese lore and history quite interesting.

Also, I once had an idea for a missingno pokemon, based on the circle with a question-mark. It was basically like a cross between Kirby and Jigglypuff with a shield attached to one arm, which he's always been hiding behind

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Magus, you just gave me an idea, and I NEVER get these so I want to share..

A ???-typed Poke that's appearance changes every time it's in a new battle, but then it returns to normal when not battling.
Its form is randomly chosen from one of the ### existing sprites, but either its color scheme or face is messed up.*
Or maybe, because now that the sprites move, it stays still? or moves funny/choppy?
Basically I just want it to be obvious when you see it in battle that it's NOT the Poke it's trying to be.
Also, even though its sprite changes every time, its stats/ability/movepool/typing remain the same.

Clarification of ???-type (or at least what I want it to be)..

It has no weaknesses, resistances or immunities.
Nothing is weak to its damaging moves.
Its move list primarily consists of stat-changers that are out of the norm (i.e. Curse),
and certain stat-changing moves have differing effects with different types, but only one type per move (a la Curse with Ghost-type).
The only Poke who can learn damaging ???-typed moves is the Glitch Pokemon, and maybe Mew and Arceus.
Hm, what kind of side effects could its damaging moves have?

What do you guys think?

*ON A SIDE NOTE!
I would LOVE for GameFreak to go the extra mile with Ditto.
Specifically, his transformations need to keep his face.
His sprite will be identical to the target, with the exception of his face, as in the anime.
=)

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

first: welcome, InstantBacon , to the fourums
second: i think that that ??? idea and the Missing No. idea is awesome. it would finnally give us the ???plate that we hav all wanted so we can change arcuse into something better then the average arcues.
third: human type, then you could be a pokemon in the tranier games???

It Rains Inside Me,

The Amber Mine wrote:

I hate myself...

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:11 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

A Light type could mean a good angelic like pokemon or light like electricity so actually if you ad a light type every single electric type could possibly be light as well

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next