It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:25 pm



Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 New Pokemon Types....Again!? 
Author Message
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 12:13 pm
Posts: 1343
Location: Great state of Jersey
As I'm well aware that they probably won't make a new type, it's always fun to think about. Let's say, if they did, which kinds would you hope to see?

_________________
ImageImage[/url]

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?


Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:50 am
Posts: 889
Location: Nova Scotia. Yeah, It exists.
Light, Star. Maybe even Earth (making fun of the whole rock, ground, steel thing.)

P.S, Jimmy, you need to get back in the shop and help me.

_________________
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/15p4jle.png[/img]
FC: Ryan 1462-9617-6058
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmq4lPe6KoI
friends FC black:0261 0441 3891


Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:03 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2511
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
???...I only have two...

1. Light = This would go well into the pokemon series...having it weakened by dark but also able to weaken it & it will have simularities to the dark type otherwise...& a resistence to lightning & fire...

2. Lava = This might work but maybe not...It can be a type to give to fire pokemon who shouldn't be weakened by the water type (magmar, etc...) so it will obviously be resistant to water attacks, grass attacks, maybe even steel type attacks...etc...

That's all I got...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:29 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am
Posts: 625
i think ???, light, and cosmic (or some other sort of other-worldly type) would be fun if they were added.

_________________
Amoiré Soul


Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:20 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 12:13 pm
Posts: 1343
Location: Great state of Jersey
The cosmic idea could be pretty interesting. It would give Clefairy and Clefable more flexibility with type advantages, as I'd also imagine with other 'Moon Stone' evolved pokemon such as Jigglypuff and possibly the Nidos (not too likely for them though already Poison/Ground). It was also give better meaning to the attacks like Cosmic Power or Gravity.

_________________
ImageImage[/url]

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?


Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:31 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:50 am
Posts: 889
Location: Nova Scotia. Yeah, It exists.
I don't like the idea of lava, because it would be like the whole Ground/Rock Fiasco. Too similar. I also think they should elaborate on the whole ??? thing. Maybe even make a ??? type pokemon.

_________________
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/15p4jle.png[/img]
FC: Ryan 1462-9617-6058
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmq4lPe6KoI
friends FC black:0261 0441 3891


Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:13 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2511
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Ryanh181 wrote:
I don't like the idea of lava, because it would be like the whole Ground/Rock Fiasco. Too similar. I also think they should elaborate on the whole ??? thing. Maybe even make a ??? type pokemon.


lol...well yeah, I said it might not work...& it could for some pokemon just replace their Rock or Ground Typing...but no, it most likely won't work...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:55 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 197
Hi, I'm new here.

How about a Sound type??

Pokemon:

Jigglypuff family
Cleffairy family
Whismur family

Moves:

Sonic Boom
Sing
Perish Song
Growl
Supersonic
Screech
Roar
Uproar
Chatter

(there are a lot actually)

_________________
{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}


Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:40 am
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2511
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
AceTrainer wrote:
Hi, I'm new here.

How about a Sound type??


Well while that's nice & all, what do you think will be some of it's Resistances/Weaknesses...this is my only con with this...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:22 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 197
Lawence Codye wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:
Hi, I'm new here.

How about a Sound type??


Well while that's nice & all, what do you think will be some of it's Resistances/Weaknesses...this is my only con with this...


It should be able to deal effective damage to psychic, since noise can disrupt their meditations. It is powerful against Ice because it can shatter ice and even cause avalanche with loud sounds. Bugs need to be weak against this, as their communication could be interfered as well.

As for types that would resist sound, I don't know actually. Perhaps Ghost and Dark, and possibly steel? Although on second thoughts, steel already have a lot of strengths. Perhaps it should be weak against sound (internal resonance frequency anyone?).

_________________
{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}


Last edited by AceTrainer on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:22 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 131
Location: Tall grass
A bug lumpy sack of rocks can't hear sound.

_________________
2x4b wrote:
OCCULAR BLEEDING IS THE ONLY REASON TO IGNORE VIDEO GAMES!

Image


Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:03 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 197
GollyGreg wrote:
A bug lumpy sack of rocks can't hear sound.


I don't think I mentioned anything about rocks relative to sound type. Or were you suggesting they be immune to sound?

_________________
{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}


Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:44 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:29 pm
Posts: 286
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Quote:
Hi, I'm new here.

How about a Sound type??



I think sound would be a great idea. Maybe Ground and/or Rock types could resist it. seeing as it is hard to hear throught ground.

Also light would be a good idea.
Supereffective: Ghost (never seen a ghost movies in sunlight) Grass (intense light kills plants??) Ice maybe (light melts ice)
Weakness: Dark (light could be supereffective against or weak to??), Steel (light shines on steel, steel reflects light back)
Resistances: Electric, Fire, Grass, Ghost

_________________
Come and see my new and improved trading thread! Now with Black, White, and Dream World!!

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}


Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:58 pm
Profile
THE POWER IS ON!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 1555
Location: Purple Ranger
I'd much rather Gamefreak fix the current type chart, which is so horribly unbalanced, than for them to introduce new types to make it even worse. Seriously, I don't know how they can make types as broken as Steel and as nerfed as Poison and Grass and think they're doing a good job in having a "balanced" system.

_________________


Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:53 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 197
Well actually, the denser the medium, the better the travel of sound, so steel should be really weak against sound.

About balance, they need to reduce steel resistance and increase grass and poison effectiveness. Seriously.

_________________
{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}


Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:03 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Captured in a cave in Afgha- OH GOD! DON'T KILL ME!- Nevermind! Don't tell anyone!
Poison should be good against Normal, Bug, and Fighting. Also, the attack Acid should not only be able to affect steel types, it should be 100% crits.
Also, Steel doesn't need a bunch of resistances, it just needs high defense.
As for Grass, If you really want to press the issue, they could make it super-effective against electric, since it already has a resistance to it. Or another way to help the Grass types would be to give them more useful abilities. However, I think that when using Grass types, all you need is mega-drain, and if possible, giga-drain. However, back to the topic of new types, Light would be good. It would be super effective against Dark, Ghost, and Psychic, but Dark would be super effective against it. It could also be super-effective or have resistances to Fighting, Poison, or Steel, while being weak to... Grass, Ice, Flying and Bug. Sorry for not explaining my reasoning; I'm hoping that you guys can guess on most of it. And I don't think that Sound should be a separate type; Normal has that covered. A Disease type could be made, but that could just as easily fit into Poison.
Oh, and one more thing... Water and Electric should be super-effective against Steel!

_________________
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he buys a funny hat. Talk to a hungry man about fish and you're a consultant. -Dogbert-


Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:34 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am
Posts: 625
So light and dark would be super effective against each other like dragon VS. dragon?

_________________
Amoiré Soul


Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:03 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:59 am
Posts: 113
Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
well that would be interesting Ryder, they are exact opposites but you can't have one without the other so would they be extremely similar or infinately different? could they learn each others attacks? I suppose light would have an unmatchable speed so if it were super effective agains dark would a dark type pokemon stand a chance? i wouldn't count on it.

Maybe they didn't make light along with dark for that same reason, light would easily be the most powerful type.

_________________
73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature


Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:26 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2511
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Frost wrote:
I'd much rather Gamefreak fix the current type chart, which is so horribly unbalanced, than for them to introduce new types to make it even worse. Seriously, I don't know how they can make types as broken as Steel and as nerfed as Poison and Grass and think they're doing a good job in having a "balanced" system.

Thank You...they really need to fix that bad...&...

AceTrainer wrote:
It should be able to deal effective damage to psychic, since noise can disrupt their meditations. It is powerful against Ice because it can shatter ice and even cause avalanche with loud sounds. Bugs need to be weak against this, as their communication could be interfered as well.

As for types that would resist sound, I don't know actually. Perhaps Ghost and Dark, and possibly steel? Although on second thoughts, steel already have a lot of strengths. Perhaps it should be weak against sound (internal resonance frequency anyone?).

This is all fine & dandy but please don't suggest that Ice get anymore weaknesses as it isn't even able to resist some of the Types it's good against like Grass, etc...& yes I think GollyGreg meant to suggest that the Rock Type have an immunity to the Sound Type...

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
Also light would be a good idea.
Supereffective: Ghost (never seen a ghost movies in sunlight) Grass (intense light kills plants??) Ice maybe (light melts ice)
Weakness: Dark (light could be supereffective against or weak to??), Steel (light shines on steel, steel reflects light back)
Resistances: Electric, Fire, Grass, Ghost

Exactly...except Ice wouldn't be weakened by it...I say this cause again, Ice doesn't fair much competition Type Chart wise & this would be too much...I see your point though...

FestusOmega wrote:
Oh, and one more thing... Water and Electric should be super-effective against Steel!

Hey, no Electric shouldn't be super effective against Steel...there is no logic behind this being the reason I say this...plus, electric only has one weakness & a decent amount of resistances including Steel so...please no...

Ryder wrote:
So light and dark would be super effective against each other like dragon VS. dragon?

Yes!!!!...cause of the logic of Light VS Dark & Good VS Evil & they can disperse each other...so definetely...

robbydebry wrote:
well that would be interesting Ryder, they are exact opposites but you can't have one without the other so would they be extremely similar or infinately different? could they learn each others attacks? I suppose light would have an unmatchable speed so if it were super effective agains dark would a dark type pokemon stand a chance? i wouldn't count on it.

Maybe they didn't make light along with dark for that same reason, light would easily be the most powerful type.

& finally to this...Yes Dark would cause they would make the Light Type based off of something like "The Speed of Light"...& Darkness moves just as fast anyway so...Oh & yes I was actually thinking that the Light & Dark Type would be simular as a type & that they would be able to learn most attacks of the other type...I mean they are 2 sides of the same coin so light would not be the most powerful type...Kingdra would be...lol, no but Dragon & Steel more so would be the Strongest Types...still...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:09 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 197
Lawence Codye wrote:


AceTrainer wrote:
It should be able to deal effective damage to psychic, since noise can disrupt their meditations. It is powerful against Ice because it can shatter ice and even cause avalanche with loud sounds. Bugs need to be weak against this, as their communication could be interfered as well.

As for types that would resist sound, I don't know actually. Perhaps Ghost and Dark, and possibly steel? Although on second thoughts, steel already have a lot of strengths. Perhaps it should be weak against sound (internal resonance frequency anyone?).

This is all fine & dandy but please don't suggest that Ice get anymore weaknesses as it isn't even able to resist some of the Types it's good against like Grass, etc...& yes I think GollyGreg meant to suggest that the Rock Type have an immunity to the Sound Type...


then we remove the effectiveness on ice.

About the type light, I really just think it is overrated and boring. Besides, haven't the psychics already covered light? Dark isn't really mean evil, it's just playing dirty, or against the rules. And what kinds of pokemon would you give it? angel based? fairy based?

_________________
{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}


Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:44 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Captured in a cave in Afgha- OH GOD! DON'T KILL ME!- Nevermind! Don't tell anyone!
I agree about it being overrated and possibly boring, but you seem to be under the impression that Light would be essentially the same thing as Good, or Heroic... This would not necessarily be so. The only reason I think Light might be a good addition is because if there is Dark, there might as well be Light. And as for what the pokemon for the Light-type might be like, an angel one is very likely, but God forbid a fairy one. Clefairy at least doesn't look much like a fairy, but you can imagine that the fairy one would probably look almost exactly like Tinkerbell. Also, Light-type pokemon would not need to be focused entirely on morality and higher-power, they could represent color or literally, light. For better or for worse, a Light-type pokemon could be thought up. Oh, and btw, if Light became a type, then Blind would have to be a new status condition for Light, Dark, and Ground type moves.

_________________
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he buys a funny hat. Talk to a hungry man about fish and you're a consultant. -Dogbert-


Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:29 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2511
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
FestusOmega wrote:
Oh, and btw, if Light became a type, then Blind would have to be a new status condition for Light, Dark, and Ground type moves.


I love this idea & all...but what would the status do exactly...something with accurancy only which is not needed or?...

AceTrainer wrote:
then we remove the effectiveness on ice.

About the type light, I really just think it is overrated and boring. Besides, haven't the psychics already covered light? Dark isn't really mean evil, it's just playing dirty, or against the rules. And what kinds of pokemon would you give it? angel based? fairy based?


Ok...didn't have to but glad to hear this...
&...no, Phychics have not, they only cover telekenesis & seeing into the past/future...& I know Dark doesn't mean evil in pokemon...I know that because of attacks like Thief, Night Slash, Taunt, Torment, etc...it kind of just means what you said...against the rules but just based off the Type Dark alone their should also be...Light & it's a cool idea...it won't be overrated like some other types...it will just be simular to Dark due to the whole Light & Dark thing & this & that...it can work without being boring...just that if they were to add it, they would need to actually put some though into how it will stand against the 17 other types is all...& pokemon that can have it are Ampharos, Chimecho, Noctowl, Dusknoir, Sunflora, etc...(I apologize for the deadly short list...) ...& it won't be angel or fairy based unless it pertains to newly added pokemon families...meh...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:34 pm
Profile
THE POWER IS ON!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 1555
Location: Purple Ranger
Lawence Codye wrote:
&...no, Phychics have not, they only cover telekenesis & seeing into the past/future...


Mirror Coat
Reflect
Light Screen
Magic Coat
Barrier
Luster Purge

All light-based moves. All Psychic-type moves. Psychic-type is the closest we're getting to a Light-type.

_________________


Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:04 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Who knows!
FestusOmega wrote:
Oh, and btw, if Light became a type, then Blind would have to be a new status condition for Light, Dark, and Ground type moves.


Ground??

I'm thinking it might drastically change accuracy. So that the afflicted Pokémon would have its base Acc reduced somewhere around 10%. Blind Pokémon should also be able to recover from said status.



Anywho, I DO think that there should be some sort of Space/Cosmic type to counteract the somewhat-overpowered Dragon type. Whose weakness count remains at a steady.........2. AND it should FINALLY give the underrated Normal type its well-deserved strength somehow. Light could also possibly be weak to Normal. Although, this, however, counteracts the type's status as being... well... NORMAL. But if the type was originally (according to common sense) designed to be neuter, it should have neither strengths nor weaknesses *cough* Fighting *cough*. Puzzling....

_________________
THE TEAM

{mamoswine} {typhlosion} {magnezone} {poliwrath} {skarmory} {gengar}


Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:06 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:29 pm
Posts: 286
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Maybe pokemon that are Energy based. Seeing as light is a type of energy. But that is kinda similar to electirc.
I have to agree with Frost, we have enough types. they should just be fixed a little.

_________________
Come and see my new and improved trading thread! Now with Black, White, and Dream World!!

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}


Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:29 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.