It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Gen. V starters. 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

obviously we need a fire and fighting type pokemon like an on fire chicken or an on fire ape.

the thing they have in common is karate moves.

ya dig?

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Grass/Ice, Fire/Psychic, Water.

This, I would love.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:27 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:

This, I would love.

BUT we need a generation where the Fire starter isn't paired. Grass wasn't in 3rd gen and Water wasn't as well in the 1st gen.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:06 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Spoinkable wrote:

This, I would love.

Me too, me too...I'm looking at the Grass Type...

& @ AceTrainer = I agree with you...just stating that off of my personal experience with the games...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

AceTrainer wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

This, I would love.

BUT we need a generation where the Fire starter isn't paired. Grass wasn't in 3rd gen and Water wasn't as well in the 1st gen.

The fire starter wasn't paired in generation II. Does Typlosion sound familiar?

PRESS IN DIRE SITUATIONS

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:46 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

x Martyr x wrote:
The fire starter wasn't paired in generation II. Does Typlosion sound familiar?

Yeah, but neither was either of the other starters...AceTrainer meant that there should be a generation of starters where the Fire starter is the only starter with only 1 Type at the end of the day...not all 3 of them & besides, I don't see why this hasn't been done yet seeing as it will go very well...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AceTrainer wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

This, I would love.

Grass/Poison > Grass > Grass > Grass/Ground
Water > Water > Water/Ground > Water/Steel
Fire/Flying > Fire > Fire/Fighting > Fire/Fighting

I love pure, mono-types a TON, but that doesn't stop me from REALLLLLY wanting a Fire/Psychic.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Let me fix this for you guys.

Spoinkable wrote:

Grass/Poison > Grass > Grass > Grass/Ground
Water > Water > Water/Ground > Water/Steel
Fire/Flying > Fire > Fire/Fighting > Fire/Fighting

I love pure, mono-types a TON, but that doesn't stop me from REALLLLLY wanting a Fire/Psychic.

Is it now crystal clear?

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:32 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I really want a Fire/Psychic starter too but I also want a Fire Type starter with no second type just as badly...
I don't mind a Water/Ice starter but I really want a Water/Fighting Type combo for a starter I mean why just Poliwrath?...
I would love a Grass/Ice starter but I really want a Grass/Psychic pokemon bad...I guess it doesn't have to be a starter though...meh...

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Honestly, all I want is a starter choice to have either Psychic or Ghost as a subtype.
The reason I want this for Fire is because it's genetically ingrained in me to Hate the Fire-type,
and a cool sub-typing would redeem it for me.

What about Bug as a subtype for Water?
The only one is Surskit, who shamefully lost it upon evolution.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:47 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
Honestly, all I want is a starter choice to have either Psychic or Ghost as a subtype.
The reason I want this for Fire is because it's genetically ingrained in me to Hate the Fire-type,
and a cool sub-typing would redeem it for me.

What about Bug as a subtype for Water?
The only one is Surskit, who shamefully lost it upon evolution.

You know what?...yeah, now I got this;

Fire/Psychic
Water/Bug
Grass/Rock (I don't know here...)

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I still think it should be
Grass/Steel - thistle species - sure it has a 4x weakness to fire, with only fighting as its only other weakness, steel is a good match up for grass because it resists 11/17 types when combined as well as neturalizing weakness to Posion, Ice, Flying, Bug, Ground kind of like Scizor
Fire/Psychic - firework species - Combining the two very powerful special types
Water/Ghost - cave fish - the only Water type combo other than water/fire that hasn't been done yet.
Image Image Image
also you won't have fire/grass, fire/water, water/grass as a starter combo because which primary type (Fire,water,Grass) starter would it be if it could fit in two of the catagories?

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:16 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

/vXv\ wrote:
Grass/Steel - thistle species - sure it has a 4x weakness to fire, with only fighting as its only other weakness, steel is a good match up for grass because it resists 11/17 types when combined as well as neturalizing weakness to Posion, Ice, Flying, Bug, Ground kind of like Scizor
Water/Ghost - cave fish - the only Water type combo other than water/fire that hasn't been done yet.

I like this set up I guess but...I agree with everything but the Water/Ghost & only because I want the Water/Ghost type in this case to not be the starter cause of the Fire/Psychic typing & well, the other part of this statement...In short, I perfer it to be a wild pokemon rather then a starter, especially in the case that the Fire starter has the Psychic second typing...this would be another outrageous typing like with Gen III's Water/Ground & Grass being together...it sucks like this imo...

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
/vXv\ wrote:

I like this set up I guess but...I agree with everything but the Water/Ghost & only because I want the Water/Ghost type in this case to not be the starter cause of the Fire/Psychic typing & well, the other part of this statement...In short, I perfer it to be a wild pokemon rather then a starter, especially in the case that the Fire starter has the Psychic second typing...this would be another outrageous typing like with Gen III's Water/Ground & Grass being together...it sucks like this imo...

I'm actually OK with it.
Mainly because it keeps the triangle (which I was sad to see go in Gen IV),
and the only 4x weakness is that of Grass, but whatever. Grass is normally weak to, like, everything anyway.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:05 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
I'm actually OK with it.
and the only 4x weakness is that of Grass, but whatever. Grass is normally weak to, like, everything anyway.

I just would want the starter I pick to stand at least some chance against the one it's weak against...plus it feels good to beat your rival's starter with the one it's strong against...this would kill that chance for me...but I see your point...

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
I'm actually OK with it.

I just would want the starter I pick to stand at least some chance against the one it's weak against...plus it feels good to beat your rival's starter with the one it's strong against...this would kill that chance for me...but I see your point...

Which only reminds me of my rant to make the Grass type stronger defensively or offensively or both.

Either way, I agree with the Grass/Steel (see my suggestion on the first or second page of the thread). You won't usually use your grass starter against fire anyway so why bother, especially since it will have a 4x weakness?

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:34 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

AceTrainer wrote:
Either way, I agree with the Grass/Steel (see my suggestion on the first or second page of the thread). You won't usually use your grass starter against fire anyway so why bother, especially since it will have a 4x weakness?

Oh god no...of course I wouldn't use it if this was the case...& in short, I'm just weirdly outside of the box like that so...

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I would like a Fire/Psychic pokemon, but definitely not the Starter. How about this combination: Water/Fire/Grass? Doesn't that sound good?

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun May 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Or we do something completely crazy, and drop the Fire/Water/Grass trio and go with Fighting/Flying/Rock.

Fighting/Dark -> This has the potential for some major bad-assery. No further explanation needed.
Flying/Electric -> All other Flying/X combinations are taken except Flying/Fighting, but this makes sure it meshes well with the others.
Rock/Fire -> Just to be fair, this one needs Levitate. I'm imagining a cloud, somewhat like a pyroclastic flow with red glowing bits for eyes and limbs.

And there you have it. Three completely unique starters that maintain the elemental weakness/resistance triangle, with a secondary type that doesn't interfere with either of the other two primary or secondary types.

Also, as a neat little addition, you could have the 2nd stage evolve after completing some sort of in-game task.

For the Fighting/Dark, it could start off as pure fighting for its regular 3 stages, but have a branching evolution at 2 -> 3. Each starter would have a unique evolution method that is hinted at throughout the game, and is unlocked at approximately the same time for all 3. For example, the fighting one could go into a certain cave with JUST him and defeat a certain legendary that appears once every week. The flying type could go into a cloud-castle type area on its own and make it to the very top, where it is struck by a thunderbolt and evolves. The Rock type could try to make it to the center of the earth, shielding its trainer all the way there, where the trainer is rescued by one of the legendaries and the Pokemon is ejected out of the core by a massive eruption as it evolves.

Mon May 03, 2010 9:28 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryanh181 wrote:
I would like a Fire/Psychic pokemon, but definitely not the Starter. How about this combination: Water/Fire/Grass? Doesn't that sound good?

Tbh, after deliberation, I'm saying this too now as I now want another generation where none of the starters ever get a 2nd Type so it's just simple Fire/Water/Grass for the trio, which let's admit it does work even if the 2nd Typing would help get rid of some of their weaknesses...I definetely now want the 1st Fire/Psychic pokemon not to be a starter as a starter is not worthy of such a feat...I also say this to some of the other type combos presented as well...

Mon May 03, 2010 8:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Skandranonsg wrote:
Or we do something completely crazy, and drop the Fire/Water/Grass trio and go with Fighting/Flying/Rock.

Rock/Fire -> Just to be fair, this one needs Levitate. I'm imagining a cloud, somewhat like a pyroclastic flow with red glowing bits for eyes and limbs.

For the Fighting/Dark, it could start off as pure fighting for its regular 3 stages, but have a branching evolution at 2 -> 3. Each starter would have a unique evolution method that is hinted at throughout the game, and is unlocked at approximately the same time for all 3. For example, the fighting one could go into a certain cave with JUST him and defeat a certain legendary that appears once every week. The flying type could go into a cloud-castle type area on its own and make it to the very top, where it is struck by a thunderbolt and evolves. The Rock type could try to make it to the center of the earth, shielding its trainer all the way there, where the trainer is rescued by one of the legendaries and the Pokemon is ejected out of the core by a massive eruption as it evolves.

1 - I think it's pretty set in stone the starters would still be Grass/Fire/Water.

2 - Swampert had 4x weakness from Grass. Its ability was never changed.

3 - Starters have to have uniform ability.

4 - Branched evos for starters? I think this is quite ambitious.

Tue May 04, 2010 5:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

fire/fighting is way overused, for starters. I would like to see some new secondary types, but I also want the sprites to look good (I know that's kinda not what everyone's talking about, but it's important for the sake of the starters). No more turtles or birds, please!! so, maybe we could have a fire/psychic, a water/dragon (now that would be new) and a grass/ice or flying. Could be interesting, and none of the secondary types conflict too much. Plus, those are combinations that i can't think of in any existing pokemon except for maybe {tropius} as a grass/flying.

Tue May 04, 2010 7:20 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I agree, please let me not see anymore suggestions for the Fire starter being Fire/Fighting Type Combo...
I doubt that Dragon would ever happen as a secondary type but if it does, please not on the Water Type as it will only be weakened by the Dragon Type which is just too much, there's already Kingdra, no more please...how about Fire/Dragon, at least it will have more then 1 weakness which would work but I actually would perfer to see the Grass Type inherit the Dragon secondary typing as it would be awesome & most likely would be a Wyrm or a Wyvern of sorts which would be awesome, just saying...

Tue May 04, 2010 8:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

rex09 wrote:
Plus, those are combinations that i can't think of in any existing pokemon except for maybe {tropius} as a grass/flying.

Would like to remind you of Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, and Skymin. All have the same typing...

Otherwise, I completely agree. But I'm just not sure how they could work out types... :(

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Tue May 04, 2010 10:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I agree, if Dragon is to be a secondary typing for starters, give it to Grass. Be fair. Grass has enough weakness as is. It would benefit the most whereas combining Dragon with fire is overkill.

Last edited by AceTrainer on Thu May 06, 2010 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 05, 2010 2:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next