It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Features Generation V Black and White SHOULD have 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I like most of your ideas, ajit. they're really creative. I wish they would bring back the apps, they made life so much simpler. not that im complaining or anything about the touch interface in HG/SS, it makes navigating so much faster.

off topic side note not to be commented on - wow. this thread has really taken off. i haven't posted here in a while, so i was surprised its almost reached 200 posts. lol.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:17 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ha thanks for :)

And definitely agree this thread has taken off huh!

Last two features for now:

1) Differences in the cries of male and female pokemon. Just a small feature, but it would be neat. I don't know how time consuming this would be for the makers, but for a lot they could just add a deeper filter through the audio for the males, but then for some popular pokemon add unique cries for both male and female.

2) An easily accessible berry farm. Preferably right in a city, and it has like 20 patches (doesn't have to be that big) of places to plant berries. It seemed like there was something like this in the past, but not in D/P

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:14 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, they had something like that berry farm in third generation. lol, except it wasnt in a town. in fact, it was quite isolated. you had to surf east from mauville and go through one or two patches of grss to get there. XD

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:40 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I'm late with this but I agree with you on #2 through #5, Ajit...

Though, I don't really care about the apps in general & technically they have it in options where you can set the L button to the A button & the Start button to the X button...I love both of these so...

Anywho, on #1, don't think this is a good idea due to how easy it is to over abuse filler content in a video game in general
& on #6, I just don't like this one cause it's really not neccessary, I don't mind the way things are already with this...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Sun May 02, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It would be really good if double battles were improved for example:

"Milotic used Surf!"
"Moltres used Flamethrower!"
"The attack was inaffective"
or like
"Moltres used Fly"
"Electrode used Explosion"
"In a explosion, Moltres threw Electrode at the enemy improving it's effectiveness by 50%, but making Moltres faint."

OR LIKE

"Pikachu used Volt Tackle"
"Milotic used Surf"
"Milotic's surf powered up Volt Tackle, but Pikachu takes recoil damage"

So there's more variety and it would make the game much more interesting.

Credit to Michael for suggesting this.

{darkrai}

Sat May 01, 2010 6:31 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

RANDOM question guys were can i find an earthquake tm in soulsilver?

Sat May 01, 2010 8:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

OH please post in the correct forum for that...

Sat May 01, 2010 10:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ichyban wrote:
RANDOM question guys were can i find an earthquake tm in soulsilver?

Dude, seriously. It's got a link at the top of the page even.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=25901

Sun May 02, 2010 6:36 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

kk thx man

Sun May 02, 2010 10:25 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, ichyban, i was wondering when you'd show up on psypokes. but you might wanna read the rules. dont want your visit here to be extremely short lived due to you not reading the rules XD I'll PM you a link to the rules.

Sun May 02, 2010 10:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Heres what I think should be in Black and White:
trainer costomization- you choose, hair color, gender outfit, etc
the starters should be available in the wild, after meeting cetain criteria in the game then you can find and catch them.
Special pokeballs only for Legendaries, the master ball is ok but, i think we need another excluseively for legends , Im not talking Cherish balls, something new.
An IV/EV calculator that tell you what IVs and EVs each pokemon has
new side quests
the ability to go to other pokemon regions
The starters could be in a unique pokeball just for them.
seasons- they havent done it yet but it would be a way to keep people playing for longer. certain pokemon would be available, in spring, summer , fall, winter, only once a month etc.

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sun May 02, 2010 2:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

AlphaArceus, Some additional trainer customization would be nice. Heck, they already pick out a random character graphic to represent you in the GTS system. Honestly, it would be kinda fun if they let you pick an adult to play as (I'm kinda past the point where I need my Mother to manage my money for me lol). You certainly find enough adult trainers out in the world. Course, if history is a guide, I think we can expect the story to follow the same formula.

I don't think the starters need to be available in the wild, it encourages people to breed and trade the starter they picked.

What would the reasoning be for the legendary balls? For capture rate I think the current set of balls is fine. I was trying for a Lugia with some nice IVs and caught it about 20 or more times and all I did was False Swipe it to 1hp, put it to sleep, and use anywhere from 1 to 6 heavy balls on it each time. Heck, a dusk ball might have worked even better but it wasn't an issue with heavy. If the purpose is just for variety I suppose I could see that argument but there are already more types of balls than I can easily remember.

It would be kinda nice if they gave you an NPC that would tell you the IVs / EVs of your Pokemon. They have science labs in the game, maby you could unlock the ability to run lab diagnostics on your Pokemon. People have already reverse engineered the IV / EV mechanic, would be kinda nice to let the average player have access to that info without having to get it from meta-gaming. As for the rest, I think it goes without saying that we all want more content and customization.

Mon May 03, 2010 10:08 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

OK AlphaArceus, don't take this to offense but you should probably number those next time as it is a little hard to read that mainly considering the fact that you didn't even capitalize the 1st letter of the first word of each suggestion thus almost making me think it was all 1 suggestion, anywho, this is what I say pertaining to each of your suggestions;

1. This is as far as I'm concerned a must as it is well overdue, end of story

2. While I agree with you I must say I also agree with Diodon in the sense that this is meant to get people to trade with others & has been this way since the 1st Gen games came out

3. While I disagree completely with Diodon on this one (seeing as Moltres seems absolutely painful to catch in HGSS & Lugia & Ho-oh wasn't exactly easy either as it seems like they throw this random impossible catch rate in there that makes it painful to catch legendaries as even when using the right ball for them it seems to be only luck determining if you actually catch the legendary with each pokeball thrown)...I agree with you on this one, there needs to be a ball that's al least stronger then the Ultra Ball seeing as I almost never catch anything with it that it should work at least decently against so instead I suggest that the way the catch rate works needs to be adjusted for the 5th Gen games mainly the legendaries

4. This is something everyone should agree with & also, it should be point on with stating your pokemon's IVs & not give you half assed IV ranges & instead just tell you exactly what each one is & yes for EVs too as I hate wasting paper to figure out exactly what my EVs are after each battle & the idea of keeping up with them in general

5. Obviously

6. I agree with you but I am almost certain this is without question not going to happen since they seem to want to in a sense start over as they say with Pokemon Black & White

7. I agree with this more then every other suggestion as I would like to see the Fire starter go inside a orange pokeball, the Water starter go inside a blue pokeball & the Grass starter go inside a green pokeball...they just simply need to do this already as I am dreading the fact that they just go into regular pokeballs which sucks to me bad

8. I agree completely with this idea that about 2 other people have suggested already in other threads & maybe this one(the 2nd person not knowing that the 1st person did it before him)...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Mon May 03, 2010 8:58 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm not sure how many times it's been said before, but they NEED TO FIX THE GTS.

Problems:
- Searching only Pokemon you have met before. There is no reason for this.
- You can only drop off a single Pokemon and wait and hope.
- You are stuck with 9/10 of all Pokemon you want being asked for level 100 legendaries.
- You can only browse 3-7 Pokemon at a time, regardless how many there actually are in the GTS.
- You have to wait a day or more to get a trade confirmed.

Solutions:
- You should be able to browse ALL Pokemon that fit your search criteria.
- When you deposit a Pokemon and request another one, the trade should happen automatically if your request matches that of another person who has already deposited.
- Make the interface less awkward and the menus quicker.

And all of this would be able to be handled by a standard home computer. I mean, each Pokemon would take...a few Kilobytes of data at MOST?

Tue May 04, 2010 8:41 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah Skandranonsg, I agree on all accounts, literally...

Tue May 04, 2010 1:06 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Just a quick point for Lawence Codye on #3 but there are stronger balls that the Ultra Ball but it is situational i.e. Dusk Ball is better at night or in caves, heavy ball is better on heavy pokemon, fast ball, timer ball, etc. All I wish they would do is remove the incentive to soft-reset till you get ideal IVs on legendaries so you only need to capture them once. IVs make sense in making breeding interesting I guess but it's just obnoxious that there is such a strong incentive to game the system by resetting, or worse, resorting to exploiting the random number generator.

Skandranonsg,
- Searching only Pokemon you have met before. There is no reason for this.
I kind of like this requirement. It creates an incentive to meet people where you can actually chat, like on these forums, to conduct trades (you can trade ANY Pokemon if you do it directly with another person).

- You can only drop off a single Pokemon and wait and hope.
It would be nice to offer up a set of Pokemon and have a list of acceptable trade Pokemon. So you provide set A and are willing to trade any Pokemon from set A for any Pokemon you list in set B with the stipulation that once a Pokemon in set B is recieved, it is removed from that list.

- You are stuck with 9/10 of all Pokemon you want being asked for level 100 legendaries.
If a trade looks unusual, frequently it is because someone is using the GTS to move personal Pokemon between game carts, they need to add a way to upload sets of Pokemon from one cart and download them to another rather than show such trades publicly.

- You can only browse 3-7 Pokemon at a time, regardless how many there actually are in the GTS.
Yea, this is a major pain.

- You have to wait a day or more to get a trade confirmed.
Really? Every time I've traded to myself on another cart the transaction was instant and I went on to initiate the next transfer.

Wed May 05, 2010 8:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Having never used the GTS, I'm going to be the impartial judge here.

1. Searching only those which you have met is kind of harsh considering there are Pokemon out there that you know exist but can't get because you haven't met them. Understanding what Skandranonsg says on that one.

2. Dropping off a single Pokemon is probably for connection reasons. If you put too many Pokemon on there, then the system will be forced to slow down to accomodate all of the Pokemon being "tossed" around. That being said, it would be more convenient to put more than one in. Not sure who I agree with more on this one, but since you're saying the same thing, neither... :P

3. In theory, this depends on which side of the situation you are on. If you are asking for the legendary, it might seem a little better than being bitter about the people other than yourself asking. Perhaps 100 is too high, but Legendaries are that for a reason... Same could probably go with starters. To say it best, maybe they should have different "levels" of trade, like a certain window of levels that you can enter Pokemon as well as get out of a trade. Somehow, I don't think it's a fair deal trading a Lv. 100 Deoxys for a Lv. 10 starter, but that's just me. I guess Diodon's statement could also be accurate in this case, so I'll agree with him.

(So far you two are even.)

4. Going back to what I said in point 2 about clogging the system. Consider the sheer amount of people looking for Pokemon on the GTS at all times, and this might make a little more sense. Point to neither... :P

5. Haven't used the GTS. In other words, both of you could be right under different circumstances. Not sure where to put my vote on this one...

All told, you guys are even! :)

Just my two cents on the GTS. Other features that would be great to have in Black and White would be cooler names... 8-) :P

But I would like to be able to see the Pokedex during a battle so you can plan accordingly for a new Pokemon... Or just go to Psypoke where they will all be catalogued by the time Black and White come out in the U.S....

What about a feature in the game that tells you version exclusives? If you're going to trade with yourself, wouldn't it be great to plan ahead?

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Wed May 05, 2010 8:38 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Maybe there should be a Poke-library that you can take books out on certain days - such that if you read a book, you will see the pokedex entry that would be imputed if you caught the pokemon, but it will appear as if you saw it (like w/ Manaphy).

About the only thing I would change about the GTS is:
A. Not have it "reboot" every 3 or so days you don't keep up on your trades. It's annoying comeing back to a game after a week of playing another game only to find your GTS results limited because you didn't trade for that week.
B. Have a way to scroll through results, so that you see the first 7, then the next 7, OR have an optional "legendaries" filter which filters out pokemon whose offereres want legendaries. This way instead of searching for Bulbasaur and having to jump through hoops to find people who don't want palkia or mew, you can instead find the first 7 people whp want non-legendaries. Of course this feature would absolutely SCREW those people who drop dittos off asking for legendaries, but it would make the system a lot easier to use.

At the end of the day, the GTS is probably cheap enough for Nintendo to keep running forever for them to worry about limiting traffic.

Thu May 06, 2010 1:04 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Diodon wrote:
Just a quick point for Lawence Codye on #3 but there are stronger balls that the Ultra Ball but it is situational i.e. Dusk Ball is better at night or in caves, heavy ball is better on heavy pokemon, fast ball, timer ball, etc. All I wish they would do is remove the incentive to soft-reset till you get ideal IVs on legendaries so you only need to capture them once. IVs make sense in making breeding interesting I guess but it's just obnoxious that there is such a strong incentive to game the system by resetting, or worse, resorting to exploiting the random number generator.

*sign*, just cause there are pokeballs that works better then the Ultra Ball doesn't mean in the least bit that it does any better against the wild as hell catch rates of legendary pokemon...also, I suggested that instead the catch rate be adjusted as a alternate solution to #3 for a reason which you should know...oh, & RNG Abuse is not as bad as you think it is but more importely, IVs of legendaries should instead have a higher chance of having better IVs then what you are suggesting (whatever it may be)...

Back on Tpoic, I don't know if this was already suggested but I want Ball Capsuled pokemon to be able to be deposited into the boxes, Ball Capsules to be accessable way more early on & I also want each Ball Capsule Seal's effect to be more customizable, as an alternative though I would like to be able to flat out just be able to make my pokeball's outer design look however I want it & whatever color I want it too...

Thu May 06, 2010 2:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:

Back on Tpoic, I don't know if this was already suggested but I want Ball Capsuled pokemon to be able to be deposited into the boxes, Ball Capsules to be accessable way more early on & I also want each Ball Capsule Seal's effect to be more customizable, as an alternative though I would like to be able to flat out just be able to make my pokeball's outer design look however I want it & whatever color I want it too...

Funny, I want Ball-capsules to be forgotten and ignored.

However, I suppose I'd be okay with a new "breed" of capsules that have effects on the game and can be deposited. However these would feel just like "hold items part 2"...

Thu May 06, 2010 3:17 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

labarith wrote:
Funny, I want Ball-capsules to be forgotten and ignored.

However, I suppose I'd be okay with a new "breed" of capsules that have effects on the game and can be deposited. However these would feel just like "hold items part 2"...

I want 4th Gen's Ball Capsules to be buried & forgotten about, lol...but I need some kind of replacement for it that is better at least if this is the case...

Thu May 06, 2010 4:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Diodon wrote:
If a trade looks unusual, frequently it is because someone is using the GTS to move personal Pokemon between game carts, they need to add a way to upload sets of Pokemon from one cart and download them to another rather than show such trades publicly.

I'm one of the people who does this, but I usually ask for Lv 100 {rattata} or {bidoof} or something equally as useless.
It would be SO nice to have a personal account.
As I have no friends who play, and find it difficult to trade between my games.

Thu May 06, 2010 9:57 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

lol as much as i hate to say it you should have to pay for using the pokemon center(except for the pc)i mean doesn,t nurse joy have to eat?then again nobody does in pokemon

Sat May 08, 2010 4:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think regions taht are seasonal is a frickin brilliant idea.

for example: on top of a mountian you can always find rock types but during the winter you can find ice types, during the summer maybe fire types, spring and fall could have lots of extra bug and grass types.

the draw is waiting 9 monthes to get a pokemon- unless there were maybe 4 or 5 areas that always have a set pokemon even in wethers like a valley or the extreme top of a mountian.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Tue May 11, 2010 7:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

KingErick wrote:
I think regions taht are seasonal is a frickin brilliant idea.

for example: on top of a mountian you can always find rock types but during the winter you can find ice types, during the summer maybe fire types, spring and fall could have lots of extra bug and grass types.

the draw is waiting 9 monthes to get a pokemon- unless there were maybe 4 or 5 areas that always have a set pokemon even in wethers like a valley or the extreme top of a mountian.

I like the season idea. Here's how I would do it:
4 seasons - 2 months each. Winter (in most areas, light snow, in some areas, snow-weather effect), Spring (in some areas, rain), Summer (in some areas, sun), and Fall (in some areas, Rain?). During each season, there will be one or two pokemon that don't appear normally in certain areas. For example, during winter, you might see some ice pokemon out in the open. However you should be able to find ALL of these pokemon in certain caves/etc. on one or the other game.

That said, there should be a "temporate zone" where the weather doesn't change.

Now, I am sort of interested in the possibility of 1 or 2 pokemon for each season being "season-exclusives" - IE, you ONLY find Bug Pokemon X during Spring, or you ONLY find water pokemon Y during Summer, etc. I do think these should be incredibly common in certain MAIN areas (IE, you shouldn't be able to play the game during Winter and NOT see that winter-exclusive Ice/Bug pokemon), but it would add some flavor to the game. During the Winter, the SUMMER pokemon will be hard to find (outside of breeding), during the summer, the fall one will be hard to get (again, outside of breeding).

That said, I do like the idea of having "Event" versions of the weather pokemon early on, say as Mystery Gifts.

Tue May 11, 2010 8:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next