It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Shiny starter pkmn question 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have heard many different answers of how to get a shiny starter pokemon or if you even can. Some say its just luck and you saving in front of the ball and reseting till you get one doesn't work, others say it does. I don't wanna use a AR or a Game Shark. I just need to know if saving in front of one of them and soft reseting till you get a shiny will work.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:02 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

There's an easy way to check this. Start a new game, and save right before you choose your pokemon. Pick it, and write down the stats and nature. Soft Reset. Choose the same starter again, and see if the stats and nature match. If they match exactly, then it will clearly not work. If they do not match, then it probably will work.

Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

soft resseting does work, but theres a 1/8000 or less chance in getting a shiny pokemon, so either you'll be very lucky, or you'll be soft resseting a whole lot.
Either way, good luck :wink:

Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:31 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Resetting does work, but the odds of getting a Shiny are so small that if your luck just suck you will never ever get a Shiny Pokemon anyway.

Having said that, good luck :D

Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:03 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Some people Hack the denominators of getting a shiny and put it to an absolute value of 1/1 or 1/4, I dont remember which one is absolute...

Or soft resetting is possible but I doubt its been done...

Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:32 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Two words Soft Reset. It works. It takes one of two things. A boat load of time to get the shiny starter, or a boat load of luck to get the shiny starter. As far as I know of the picture of the starter will be the same even if it is shiny (ie a non-shiny picture for a shiny starter) so too see if it is shiny just get into the first battle or check its stats as soon as you can.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

JsXtm wrote:
There's an easy way to check this. Start a new game, and save right before you choose your pokemon. Pick it, and write down the stats and nature. Soft Reset. Choose the same starter again, and see if the stats and nature match. If they match exactly, then it will clearly not work. If they do not match, then it probably will work.

im sorry to revive but how does this work?

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:26 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

What exacly are you confused about?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:43 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

KingErick wrote:
JsXtm wrote:

im sorry to revive but how does this work?

It helps to determine when the random values are assigned - upon starting the game or upon picking the starter. If they match every time then it's generated at the beginning of your file (in this case soft resetting wouldn't work - the random values would always be the same). Otherwise soft resetting would work. It doesn't help at all for getting a shiny by soft resetting, just to see whether or not it's possible.

Wow, that sounds rough upon rereading. I need to getting some better writing skills lolz.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:52 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I saw a bunch of youtube videos on soft resetting but no one can be certain these people did not AR and **** fans. If it does work though it takes a whole bloody hell lot of it! Even those youtubers I watched say it took them well over 1000 soft resets for success. I believe the odds were around 1 in 8600 or was it 80600?

I tried it on my soul silver for about two weeks with failure and eventually gave up on it which is why I am skeptical.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Even if you can get it by Soft Resetting, the chances are still slim, it was really that hard and you shouldn't try it, it takes a LOT of patience and time. Some people just hack it or just plain lucky. I do get a shiny starter once, however. In my Emerald game.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]