It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:13 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've owned all of them since RBY, and I must say I enjoy having both right from the beginning.
I still partake in Wi-Fi trading every now and then, but it's much easier to complete everything,
and have all Pokemon available.
I tend to favor version exclusives, so having access to them all makes me less likely to murder people.

Also, on the topic of that Bulba picture, I'm gonna guess it's real.
The starters' evolutions played off of the right 'pre-details' as I like to call them.
(i.e. the snake's yellow collar things).
Mainly, though, I'm hoping they're real because that bat looks neat. =}

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, that bat-thing looks quite neat. Screw the second evolutions though! I wanna see the final evolutions to decide which i will use. XD
I'm dying to see the evolutions for the pig starter. I think it'll probably be some kind of boar but i want to see it. Bit of a shame it's not on there.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Yeah, that bat-thing looks quite neat. Screw the second evolutions though! I wanna see the final evolutions to decide which i will use. XD
I'm dying to see the evolutions for the pig starter. I think it'll probably be some kind of boar but i want to see it. Bit of a shame it's not on there.

I hate almost all second evolutions for starters... {ivusaur} {wartortle} {bayleef} are the only exceptions from all the rest of them.
Which is funny, because I LOVE most of the rest of the starter families.
I hope their transitions are better this generation...

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

To be honest, i don't really pay much attention to the second evo's. I do to the first because i need to decide from the three and i do to the third because that's what it will end up. But the second is never that important really...
{wartortle} {grovyle} {quilava} and possibly {monferno} thos're the only good-looking starters second evo's.

{croconaw} <-- ugh, that's just hideous
{grotle} + {prinplup} + {bayleef} are ugly and the rest are below average.

I really hope this generation's starters second evolutions (fully coloured) are better than the above.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:46 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Quote:
triple battles

**** hell.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i know! i noticed on um..some other site...but seeriously. how freeking badass would that be? imagine the type coverage you could get with three pokemon? o.o

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:30 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Darkrai-follower wrote:
i know! i noticed on um..some other site...but seeriously. how freeking badass would that be? imagine the type coverage you could get with three pokemon? o.o

That would be amazing & also messed up depending on the situation, especially putting legendaries into the equation, just imagine...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, as of now, (Celebi's Japanese name).net is our most reliable source of information, it seems.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm digging all the new Pokémon from the trailer. Also, a gym was shown with a roller-coaster. Also, it looks like it could be... a Dark-type Gym? :O

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Until I can find out which pokemon is which, I am not even paying them any attention...you know, like they don't exist yet until they are further revealed as far as I'm concerned...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:38 pm
The Geek
The Geek

Gallade Roxas wrote:
Yeah, as of now, (Celebi's Japanese name).net is our most reliable source of information, it seems.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm digging all the new Pokémon from the trailer. Also, a gym was shown with a roller-coaster. Also, it looks like it could be... a Dark-type Gym? :O

ACTUALLY, to be fair, if you want the most reliable source of information, that would be the folks at Filb, since they're the ones who actually post all these hi-res videos and stuff. I hate to admit it but Filb's got a serious leg up on us and every other non-Japanese site out there when it comes to this stuff. Got to give credit where credit is due; my hat's off to these guys.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

There arae pictures of the new Pokemon on Bulbapedia

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:BW_Prerelease_double_battle.png

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:BW_Prerelease_triple_battle2.png

Well the new Pokemon in the trailer look...? I don't know whether to call hem ugly or cool or weird, they're just "..."

The names for four of them, the ones in the first picture are

Ononokusu (I'm going to call him Ononocks, he's the one in the top left corner of the first picture)

Doryuzu (Uhm, I'm just gonna call him his Japanese name... He's the one in the top right)

Desukaan (I'm calling him Deathkon, he's the one in the bottm left)

and Denchura (I'm calling him Electula, he looks like and electric spider and his name has Den, electric, and tula end of tarantula, he the one on the bottom right)...

Theres also another called Moguryu. He looks like a penguin or something... But I can't tell what he is... He's in the triple battle part of the trailer, he's the Pokemon on the right. But he's weird... [EDIT] He's a mole... lol

Last edited by Savage Hunter on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Gallade Roxas wrote:

Well, looking at Jigglypuffs link, That other site seems to have it all. a lot earlier than the rest.
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.filb.de/&ei=oREoTP7ZGJn00gSww_nJAg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCMQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.filb.de/%26hl%3Den
here's the link to the video. But this is making me really eager to B/W now. That's only snippets aswell.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Man, that games looks epic... nintendo is out of ideas for good pokemon though :(

FC:
5414 2352 1981 (Soul Silver)
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dude, the eight new pokemon look so wierd. One looks like a coffin or something. 2 or 3 of them do look cool though. And triple battles? If you set that **** up right, you can never freakin' lose! Awesome. I am pumped for B&W.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The coffin thing is based on and egyptian sarcophagus (spelling?)

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, I think that spelled right. I think there might be triple typed pokemon in this game. I think that would be sweet.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@D_F: spelling's good.

TRIPLE BATTLES!!!!!!!!! that's going to be some epic sh!t right there. and i like the yellow sandshrew/giratina thingy (haven't looked at pics yet, but just from the trailer) and the four-legged crystal thing. the sarcophagus is weird, at first thought it looked like a flip-flop/sandal to me. but this is starting to look reallyreally good to me. triple-typed pokes?? personally, i rather doubt that, as reshiram/zekrom are both dual-typed, and if there was going to be a triple-type, the mascots would be the ideal place for it, imo.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
@D_F: spelling's good.

TRIPLE BATTLES!!!!!!!!! that's going to be some epic sh!t right there. and i like the yellow sandshrew/giratina thingy (haven't looked at pics yet, but just from the trailer) and the four-legged crystal thing. the sarcophagus is weird, at first thought it looked like a flip-flop/sandal to me. but this is starting to look reallyreally good to me. triple-typed pokes?? personally, i rather doubt that, as reshiram/zekrom are both dual-typed, and if there was going to be a triple-type, the mascots would be the ideal place for it, imo.

Yeah, they would've had the mascots triple-typed if introducing that.
The sandshrew-giratina thing is some kind of mole i think.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

hmmm, a mole, huh?? whatever it is, it looks beast.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:23 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Ononokusu = Cool rat thing?
Doryuuzu = BADASS, nuf said
Desukaan = Creepy mummy box XD
Denchura = Can't tell what it is
Moguryuu = Doh doh dodo bird, LOL
Unknown 1 = Rotom V2?
Unknown 2 = MR. death chrystal thing
Unknown 3 = Japanese maid, ROFL
Triple Battles = EPIC FAIL

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:50 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Wow, there is a little decent mixed with alot of terrible all over the stuff revealed this time around, where to start;

Oh, the Triple Battles...they are nothing but a double-edged sword that you won't actually want to try to use as far as I'm concerned, especially when throwing Legendaries into the mix & you know people will among other things of course...

Moguryu = This is one of the decent pokemon revealed this time around, overall I like it...just a little...

Ononokusa = This is my favorite pokemon in the picture among the 4(by appearance)...sadly even above the egyptian coffin themed pokemon, that being said I don't see this thing looking that much like a mantis but whatever, it's a pokemon so anything is possible huh?...

Doryuuzu = This is one of the worst pokemon revealed this time around...it has a deadly lack of details considering the possible idea behind this pokemon, a Mole that can "drill baby, drill!" The color scheme is what I like most about this pokemon for now...

Desukan = Best concept of any Gen 5 pokemon revealed so far, period...if able, I will definetely train this pokemon once I have the game in 2011. The only thing I don't like about this pokemon at the moment is the stupidly drawn hands that it has coming out of it, yeah I know they are ghostly hands but could be done a little better imo...

Denchura = This is a great concept with decent execution imo, one of the decent pokemon revealed this time around, overall I like it...just not a very lot but better then Moguryu at least I tell you what...

Now listing the unknown pokemon from Left(from your direction, not theirs) to Right;

U1 = why why why was this even accepted as a finalized design for a new pokemon, it looks like some green ghost plush doll or something else that is vigorously terrible, I am done I cannot talk about this 1 anymore, no no no...

U2 = This pokemon I would say I like & don't like but it is right down the middle, finally & wait a minute both comes to mind at the same time for some reason. I just don't like something about this pokemon but I do like how it looks like a crystal monster & all, just not a good look for one imo...

U3 = Finally, this pokemon is clearly the best by appearance for me & is luckly the better of the pokemon I consider decent that were revealed this time around, I just wonder if it's a bug, a humanoid, both or something else all together...

We need more details creators, there is just too much info we(more importanly, me) don't know about all of these pokemon, mainly the 3 whose names weren't even revealed among other things...

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Moguryu = It will probably be pretty cool, and it has a sick evolution. Looks Ground and Dark. Maybe Steel.

Ononokusa = This thing looks freakin' badass. I am definitely having one of these. I bet it's Bug/Dark

Doryuuzu = This little guy is what's leading to believe there is triple typed pokemon. I can't decide what 2 types it would be. It looks Dark and steel, but it's a mole, so it's probably also ground type. I dunno.

Desukan = I know it doesn't seem like a really cool pokemon, but I thought that about Drifblim, but I really like him now. I think this one will be like a follow up to Spiritomb or something. Probably Ghost/Ground (or Rock.)

Denchura = I really like elctric pokemon, and people are saying he might be electric, and the concept of a tarantula is awesome. Gotta get him. (Bug/Electric)

Unknown pokemon, Left to right:

U1 = I am not impressed Game freak. I really don't like this pokemon. I can't even guess it's type, because I don't know WTF it is. Lets say Psychic/Ghost. I don't even know.

U2 = This one looks really wierd, once again, not really a fan. Reminds me of heatran. I say either Dark/Rock or Ghost/Rock.

U3 = Not bad. Probably like a Dark or Ghost version of like Gardevoir or something. Not completely ugly.

Well, Just by observing all the new B&W pokemon revealed so far, I think they're focusing on Dark type A LOT. And maybe Psychic as well.

P.S, Mektar, you are really pessimistic. Even more than I used to be.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ononokusu - I approve of this one.
Doryuuzu - Meh, I don't like this one. It looks weird to me.
Desukaan - For some reason, I'm really digging this guy's ghost arms.
Denchura - Hmm, looks interesting from the back, but I want to see its front first.
Moguryuu - Evolved form of that pigeon Pokémon, methinks?
Unknown1 - It looks like... Rotom's derranged cousin.
Unknown2 - This one looks cool. Too many Nosepass/Probopass-colors, but still cool.
Unknown3 - My favorite out of them. What is it, a haunted Japanese maid? Cool.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:19 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Gallade Roxas wrote:
Moguryuu - Evolved form of that pigeon Pokémon, methinks?

Moguryuu is a mole and evolves into Doryuuzu. No relation to Mamepato at all.

I really don't "get" the unnamed three Pokemon at all, but I also don't get why people think Lolita Kirlia is the best of the three when it is by far the dumbest IMO. Can't decide if a sarcophagus Pokemon is either incredibly brilliant or incredibly stupid. The moles are decent; while some people will probably bitch because Diglett and Dugtrio are existing mole Pokemon, the new ones are more authentic-looking moles. The tarantula is fine from what we can see and I'm glad they used the species. Hopefully it's Bug like Spinarak and Ariados even though spiders aren't insects. I'm surprised that people haven't compared the golden-armored thing to Giratina yet in all honesty, although seeing somebody claim the unnamed trio looked like Carnivine, Probopass and Mawile evolutions was a far harsher kick in my brain.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I can't really say much bad about them so they're mostly good and i think it's good to see fresh meat.
Frost wrote:
Can't decide if a sarcophagus Pokemon is either incredibly brilliant or incredibly stupid.

Yeah, it's a good concept but it seems a bit too, silly. Couldn't really say what it's evolutions would be if any.
As for the un-named pokemon, the first 2 seem reasonable but teh third one resembles a human too much. Then again, once we find out what it is it might make more sense...

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:27 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 42  Next