It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Oh, my God.

Milhog's my new favorite generation 5 Pokemon. An angry big-cheeked groundhog on crack... what's not to love?

Also, if Wotter's second evolution turns out to be official, then I already know which starter I'll choose! I'm not letting it evolve, though: bigger Mijumaru on skirt looks awesome as it is, and last stage seems to diverge too much from its line.

I don't really like broccoli-monkey, even if it's part of a water-grass-fire trio, which is a pretty cool idea. Swan looks cool, new Caterpie-thing is cute and makes me want to eat it, and all the starters's possible evolutions look cool in my opinion. While I do have to say I'm one of those people who thought Smugleaf's final evo looks A LOT like Milotic, I don't dislike it for this reason (because I like both of'em); in fact, considering Tsutaaja's the "grass snake" Pokemon, this final evolution makes a hell lot of sense and is very plausible. It also looks very regal and elegant, unlike Smugleaf, even though I would've prefered if Grinleaf evolved into something like this.

Pokabu's evolutionary stages look great as well; I really like the swirls pattern, as they remind me of japanese paintings/art in general.

So far so good.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Galar wrote:
I would've prefered if Grinleaf evolved into something like this.

if it evolved into that i might not chose pokobu

Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

After a second, third yada, yada yada look at them, I still can't like the fire evo. Yeah it looks Mythical and cool. I just cant stop seeing ryhperior and magmortar. I hope with all my...... Ds lite, that the fire is fake and TOTALLY of the mark. The water and grass however still look EPIC. They all look like they were based on japenesse lore.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You know, i think the news about the looks of the final evolution of the starters are fake, no matter how much i see it. But i don't think that it is based on Japanese folklore.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Galar wrote:
It also looks very regal and elegant, unlike Smugleaf, even though I would've prefered if Grinleaf evolved into something like this.

I like him MUCH without legs to be honest. It's rumored that snakes lost their legs as they evolved because they have this tiny little claw things, that are very hard to see, and look much more like a peeling scale then a claw... my mistake, my snake was not happy when I tried picking that. XD Anyways, I just like how it's an actual snake in that one picture, and it makes sense when you look at the mid evo and how his arms and legs are much shorter and more stilt-like. meaning skinny, and scrawny. Like he's losing them. :D

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i think there fake and im chosing pokabu cause i always start with a fire starter exept for johto

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Japanese lore? Not really....
Have you ever seen Chinese Armor? Or seen Mulan? That fancy midriff thing is very Chinese.
And "Madame White Snake" is as Chinese as they come.
I ... have no idea how an otter can be tied directly to China (maybe?), but here's a picture of an otter standing on all fours so you know the final evolution really isn't so far out of line.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't mind the evolutions. They look OK. If they are official I'm glad the water starter veers off into a lapras-esque thing because I still don't like Mijumaru :(

The grass line looks like it will be Grass/Dragon. It may be my favourite final grass starter yet (I don't like any of the grass starters appearance wise, even though I DO like them... if that makes sense).
The fire line I think will be more support/defense geared. Although the 2nd stage is a bit weird. Still I think it looks better than Infernape and blaziken combined.
The water final I think is very neat. Looks awesome. I hope its a pure water type. I don't know why the starters SHOULD or HAVE to be hybrids.

Anyway... has anyone heard about the 1st gym? I couldn't find anything around here but APPARENTLY it will be a TRIPLE BATTLE against Dento VS all three forms of the grass monkey. This gets me very excited about the gyms because I've been hoping for non elemental gyms for ages. Even though 2nd gym has already been revealed as Grass I still think they're gotta be some catch to make it more challenging.. (eg... what could the honey gym be all about?)

At least BW doesnt look as clunky as DPPt though... Who's going to nab a Japanese version? I think I might. So far I've been impressed with most of the features (except for music.... but then again it might blow me away.. you never know)

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:18 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I really like all the new Pokemon, especially Mijumaru! Image

Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:34 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I guess according to Bulbapedia and Sugimori, these bad boys are legit. I'm going for the water guy.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hm! Do you suppose the rumored typings are true, then?
Grass/Dragon
Fire/Dark
Water/Fighting

P.S. Apparently Famitsu gave Gen V a 50/50 rating.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

hmm, so according to the news on the main site, the starter evos have more credibility. looks like i'm going water-type again....

also, NEW YORK?! wtf?! i owe some people on this site an apology, i guess.... Shanghai just seemed like a much better fit (and i didn't really see any characters that struck me as distinctly "american" looking.... i mean, the kid really should've been sagging, lol). but i guess it doesn't really matter, so....

well, even if we don't get official confirmation, at least we won't have to wait much longer. EIGHT DAYS!! then another 4-6 months for the English version, lol.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm thinking about it and get into one perception, that the evolution on the left are the real 1st stage evolution, and the right one was fake. Still guessing the true final evolution of the starter.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Im just gonna wait now and be surprised. Hopefully. I do like how they based the starters though. It sounds interesting.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:02 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
Galar wrote:
It also looks very regal and elegant, unlike Smugleaf, even though I would've prefered if Grinleaf evolved into something like this.

I like him MUCH without legs to be honest. It's rumored that snakes lost their legs as they evolved because they have this tiny little claw things, that are very hard to see, and look much more like a peeling scale then a claw... my mistake, my snake was not happy when I tried picking that. XD Anyways, I just like how it's an actual snake in that one picture, and it makes sense when you look at the mid evo and how his arms and legs are much shorter and more stilt-like. meaning skinny, and scrawny. Like he's losing them. :D

Heh, that was actually the first thing I noticed when I looked at Smugleaf's evolutions! But since the last stage was still considered to be fake, and it looked so different from its previous stages, I didn't give it too much credibility. But, apparently, these are the real deal, so I'll credit Game Freak for thinking this up! It's a great background story. :)

I don't really get why they chose to base a whole new region in New York City, buuut, I do like NYC, so I'm fine with that. I'll have my team consist of six Wargle. ;p

Also, I've read somewhere there will be seventeen legendaries. I hope it was just someone trolling... yeah, it probably was.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:54 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Don't really understand how it's supposed to be New York, other than the general shape, cause last time I checked there weren't snowy mountains and a desert and forests in the middle of New York XD but it's still nice.

Galar wrote:
Also, I've read somewhere there will be seventeen legendaries. I hope it was just someone trolling... yeah, it probably was.

Damn right, they better be trolling! 17 just crosses the line, unless they're actually ones you can obtain without an event. Event legendaries make me MAD.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
Galar wrote:

Damn right, they better be trolling! 17 just crosses the line, unless they're actually ones you can obtain without an event. Event legendaries make me MAD.

17??????!!!!!!!!!!!! Are they mad? Thats just too many. How many of them are gonna be "runners". Gen 4 had 5 and it drove me nuts, untill I kOed the birds, but still 17 is just way to frikin many.

Event legendaries drive me nuts simlpy because for some people they just cant get the game when the events happen and are now out a pokemon. And then they cant trade for it cause they "havent seen it" in there game., which also's annoys me when using GTS, since my frikin WIFI wont let me trade person to person.

Im done venting.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I read on S-erebii that we finally get a fighting legendary.... but we get 4. Steel-fighting, Rock-Fighting, Grass-Fighting, and a Water-Fighting. Not to mention that we finally get a pure flying type although a legendary. Plus a bug legendary with the same typing as Scizor. And kibago's chain was confirmed to be Dragon/Dark. I also found that a Ground/Flying type to be revealed.

Last edited by Dark_Swampert on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So 13 legends total for gen V, one less then gen IV if you include Phione.

Yay fighting trio : )

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:23 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

MasterChef wrote:

Quartet O.o I'm really looking forward to that pure flying legendary.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Finally, they really make a Fighting-type legendary and a Bug-type legendary. And 17 legendary, what?! It is WAY too much over the line.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dark_Swampert wrote:
I read on S-erebii that we finally get a fighting legendary.... but we get 4. Steel-fighting, Rock-Fighting, Grass-Fighting, and a Water-Fighting. Not to mention that we finally get a pure flying type although a legendary. Plus a bug legendary with the same typing as Scizor. And kibago's chain was confirmed to be Dragon/Dark. I also found that a Ground/Flying type to be revealed.

Sweet. Of course im gonna wait till psypokes confirms this, just because i trust the site, so im gonna try and not get to excited. Anyways, Woot, I can live with fighting legendaries. I like the Idea of a grass/fighting and a rock/fighting, nice combo. Gives grass an edge over ice, while rock will help with def, i hope. Im mostly exitced about the steel/fighting just because steel is one of my favorite types. I also like the ideea for the bug legendary, I was wondering how they were gonna do it. As for the ground flying, i had better actually learn some ground and flying moves by lvl up, I was/am rather dissapointed with gliscor. As for Kibago's evo types, NICE. Dark totally fits if ono whatever is it's final evolution.

Side note- Anyway we can get some artwork up for discussion purposes without causeing too much of an uproar?

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
Finally, they really make a Fighting-type legendary and a Bug-type legendary. And 17 legendary, what?! It is WAY too much over the line.

Line crossed, erased, drawn and then re-crossed.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah I was reading on Pokebeach about all this. Theres a fighting-trio. and the bug-steel is supposedly an event, as well as the water trio. and the flying is supposed to be a trio as well, based off the Rajin, but I didn't quite understand this because there is only one Raijan, and it would be electric too... but i'm guessing he sits on a cloud so he's flying... Unless he's based off Fujin, the God of Wind. :/ But i'm still curious how they will depict this trio, they say it's like a azelf/uxie/mespirit trio. And theres a dragon/ice, possibly the other version mascot. but this is just iffy to me, but all this was apparently confirmed by "Melkor" of Pokexperto, so I guess thats reliable? but I trust this site more, because you guys don't post things the first second they come up like some other sites.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dark_Swampert wrote:
MasterChef wrote:

Quartet O.o

Since it's not numbered alongside the other three it's probably not related.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I posted that half-list earlier without reading the main site *shame* sorry.
Is it ok if I post the list from the front page so we don't have to go back and forth?
Here, I'll just do the legendaries.

#638 (Isshu #144) - Trio of roaming Fighting-type legendary beasts (Steel?)
#639 (Isshu #145) - Trio of roaming Fighting-type legendary beasts (Rock?)
#640 (Isshu #146) - Trio of roaming Fighting-type legendary beasts (Grass?)
#641 (Isshu #147) - Trio of Flying-type legendaries. (Pure?)
#642 (Isshu #148) - Trio of Flying-type legendaries. (Electric?)
#643 (Isshu #149) - Reshiram - Dragon/Fire
#644 (Isshu #150) - Zekrom - Dragon/Electric
#645 (Isshu #151) - Trio of Flying-type legendaries. (Ground?)
#646 (Isshu #152) - Likely Third Legendary - Dragon/Ice
#647 (Isshu #153) - Event Legendary - Water/Fighting
#648 (Isshu #154) - Event Legendary - Normal/Psychic
#649 (Isshu #155) - Event Legendary - Bug/Steel

Last edited by Spoinkable on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:22 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next