It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:32 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AceTrainer wrote:
And it seems we have the first fire to be on all fours.

{cyndaquil} {quilava} ?
But I guess they could stand up whenever they wanted to...

Thu May 13, 2010 10:07 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Despite its hunchback appearance, Cyndaquil has always been portrayed as walking on its two hind legs across all media of the franchise. Quilava has been shown as being capable of either, although four legs has been more common. It is shown as standing on two legs in Crystal, Stadium 2 and its Sinnoh-era Sugimori art, although it was on all fours in most other appearances. Typhlosion has always been portrayed as bipedal.

Pokabu is definitely the first basic Fire starter form that walks on all fours. Until Generation V, Treecko was the only bipedal Grass starter, and Mudkip is still the only quadrupedal Water starter. And while I'm at it, every Grass starter has been reptilian, while Charmander is the only Fire starter who has been such. If Pokemon biology works like the real world's, this means that every Grass starter is cold-blooded, which isn't a stretch considering plants rely on the sun too; Charmander is the only cold-blooded Fire starter; and Piplup and Mijumaru are the only warm-blooded Water starters.

ETA: I'm hoping that Pokabu's evolutions are Fire/Psychic because pigs are considered smart animals. Of course, that would probably cause a lot of people to cry foul because the most prominent existing pig-based Pokemon (Spoink and Grumpig) are already Psychic, but it doesn't matter to me. I'm also hoping that Mijumaru's evolutions are NOT Water/Ice. I don't care how much Empoleon "should have been" Water/Ice instead of Water/Steel, Water/Ice is really a pretty crappy typing, and a sea otter really has little reason to be Water/Ice anyway.

The most logical dual typing for Tsutaaja would be Grass/Dragon, but Gamefreak seems to have an aversion to Dragon-type starters due to the starter balance triangle. (See also: Charizard and debatably Sceptile.) So it'll probably be pure Grass. I also can't see the otter being anything else but pure Water based on its first form, but it's often the evolutions of the starters that take their lines in a dual-type direction anyway. Nobody was expecting Piplup's final evolution to be Water/Steel after seeing Piplup alone. If Blaziken hadn't debuted so early in the game, the same probably would have been true for Torchic.

Thu May 13, 2010 10:18 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm thinking that the full evolutions will end up being Fire/Flying, Water/Ice, and Grass/Fighting

My guess is that they are going to do the whole dual strength thing with this triangle. Not to mention, you know it is only a matter of time before they end up making "Pigs Fly" in pokemon. I'm not keen on the double effectiveness of the fly against grass/fighting.. but the flying pig might not learn any flying moves either.

I'm really liking the idea of the flying pig thing. Those aren't ears, they are the beginnings of wings that will sprout from his head. Or maybe used like a glider or something.

Does anyone else have any ideas of what the dual type final evos will be?

Thu May 13, 2010 10:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Fire/Dark, purely based on the black coloring, because I honestly have NO clue where else they could go
Water/??? (otters have the thickest coat of fur in the animal kingdom, but that's about all I know of them)
Grass/Poison, since it's a snake, but I hope to GOD this isn't the case
Yeah...kinda need to see the evolutions...

Honestly, I'm actually secretly hoping for pure-types.

Thu May 13, 2010 10:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah I'm not opposed to single-typed either...

But if I had to pick;

Grass/Flying (take a look at the fan-like tail that could be used for flying, and the yellow curls on his shoulders could develop further into wings)

Fire/Dark .... orr maybbee Electric. I know never been done before, but I just got this feeling.

Water/Ice or Water/Rock (shell on his tummy is suspicious, and the only thing I could link it to is Rock, along with the strange color choice for his nose)

Fri May 14, 2010 1:06 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
As Spoinkable said before me, I am secretly hoping for Starters with no secondary typings...for me it's cause I can only see one of the starters getting ripped off like Empoleon & maybe argubly Torterra did in the 4th Gen...

But, if I want secondary types for them these are what I would like them to do with them in that regard;

Pokabu = Fire/Electric or Fire/Psychic or Fire/Dark = these are the only types I see working here without disapointment in the form of massive crowds rioting throughout the city, Fire/Dark would be cool, Fire/Psychic would be cool as well & considering it's appearance be the typing I would enjoy most from it via my wanting for a defensive starter, Fire/Electric would be just, kick ass regardless of the x4 Ground Weakness that would come of it & I see Charge Beam by Level Up along with Overheat by Level Up & maybe even Charge by Level Up when I think of this typing for it via my wants for this starter

Mijumaru = Water/Ground or Water/Fighting or Water/Ghost or Water/Psychic = let me explain these, Water/Psychic comes to mind when I think about Mr. Mime plus it would be a great typing for it, Water/Ghost comes to mind when I think about the fact that it basically is emotionless & from what I got from looking at it when it was revealed which was, incredibly cute but disturbing looking thing, Water/Fighting is what I seen before I saw it's design & it would also be cool to have a Physical Water Starter for once & with this typing it could excel to great heights for an Sea Otter, Water/Ground is simply put one of my top 3 Type Combos Pokemon ever gave us & most pokemon with this type combo don't dissapoint(Swampert, *wink*, Whiscash *wink*) I know one bad one & it's Quagsire for me, my point is that I believe that even if it's been used more then 3 times that if this starter had it, it would do wonders & I see this fitting the most to it's species but then again, what do I know, not much, not much

Tsutaaja = Grass/Dragon or Grass/Poison or Grass/Steel or Grass/Psychic or Grass/Ghost or Grass/Dark = as said above let me explain these, Grass/Dark I see simply based off of it's sinister look, & it's also a serpent, Grass/Ghost is pure speculation that it might go that great unexpected route, Grass/Psychic is simular to my reasoning for Grass/Dark only without the serpent bit, Grass/Steel comes from my idea that this pokemon may take the Empoleon route due to it's classiness & also it's yellow skin gives me this idea for some reason I mean what if?, Grass/Poison based off people saying it's an Ivy Snake whatever that means & again, snake, finally Grass/Dragon is most likely not only my idea(clearly) for what it might end up being, so what if the Dragon Type is considered a bit unbalanced in the hands of a starter, it will work wonders here mainly cause it has limbs & is some form of reptile & a Grass/Dragon is honestly not all that unbalanced I mean Empoleon was given the Steel Type so maybe it's time for Dragon to do something simular here

I put them in order based on priority with the 1st type being the top priority & the last type being the least priority..."priority" in this case meaning "I want more then" or whatever...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri May 14, 2010 1:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

okay, see, i mentioned having psychic and dark as secondary types in a different thread (i think) and i thought we all agreed that it wasn't a good idea... personally, i like it, but isn't it kind of illogical, as it will give certain advantages to certain pokemon?? not trying to slam anyone, mind you, just bringing up earlier points...
here's what i think/hope it'll be:
water seconds: ice, ground (though unlikely, as this would make it a quagsire wanna-be)
Fire seconds: electric, dark
grass: psychic (which is really the only one i can think of based off of the pics)
still, does anyone know when they're going to release the final evo forms??

Fri May 14, 2010 1:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Piggy for the win! He's by far my favorite. Next comes grass, and the water one, well, I'll have to see its evolutions to decide if I like it.

Fri May 14, 2010 2:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I just realized that Tsutaaja's species isn't just [element]+[species]. I remembered there are indeed grass snakes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smooth_Green_Snake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rough_Green_Snake

I'm speculating it's small limbs are a reference to the vestigial 'claws' on many serpents (usually the large ones like anacondas and pythons). This may be a clue to where the starter's evolution will lead. I'm thinking a massive serpent enough to be dragon-like (hence my staunch belief there is a high chance it will be of dragon-type)

or possibly a part-poison. But then again, the large snakes (constrictors) are not venomous, so yeah, maybe as what Lawrence said, partly dark type.

Fri May 14, 2010 3:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Not sure if anyone's posted this image but: The official Japanese Pokemon site have put up this image of Hiun city...The bridge that can be seen on the far right is called Sky Arrow Bridge...

Fri May 14, 2010 4:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Who else is feeling you can cruise to other regions??? :D

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Fri May 14, 2010 8:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AceTrainer wrote:

Hmm would it be too far out to think about Black/White being far into the future, and here Isshu only has the one big city with a few new places, but when visiting the old regions, you discover new pokemon due to it being so far ahead into the future that Pokemon have either migrated, evolved (not in the Pokemon sense), etc. which will introduce new pokemon in familiar areas.

Fri May 14, 2010 10:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ajit wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:

Hmm would it be too far out to think about Black/White being far into the future, and here Isshu only has the one big city with a few new places, but when visiting the old regions, you discover new pokemon due to it being so far ahead into the future that Pokemon have either migrated, evolved (not in the Pokemon sense), etc. which will introduce new pokemon in familiar areas.

I can actually see what you mean...
From the screenshots of the overworld so far it DOES look quite futuristic. I dont think you would go to other regions but maybe that leads to another town/city?

Sat May 15, 2010 4:39 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

The newest update says:

It will be available after trading a shiny legendary beast into Black/White. Unless a nintendo event or something offers a shiny legendary beast, people will be forced to restart Heartgold/Soulsilver until Suicune, Entei, or Raikou becomes shiny if they want a zoroark. Sounds a bit tedious to me, and zoroark better be extremely uber if you have to go through all that trouble to get it.

Its ability, Illusion, allows it to take the form of another pokemon. I wonder if this means it transforms like ditto(getting the moves of whatever it transforms into), keeps its moves when it changes forms, or something else?

Sat May 15, 2010 11:53 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Charizard Rider wrote:
It will be available after trading a shiny legendary beast into Black/White. Unless a nintendo event or something offers a shiny legendary beast,

That's the entire point of Zoroark being acquired in this way, as there's already a confirmed Movie 13 event that will give out shiny versions of the Legendary Beasts with exclusive moves. Also, there's no confirmation that this will be the ONLY way you can get Zoroark, especially because Zorua is already revealed.

Sat May 15, 2010 12:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:
Charizard Rider wrote:
It will be available after trading a shiny legendary beast into Black/White. Unless a nintendo event or something offers a shiny legendary beast,

That's the entire point of Zoroark being acquired in this way, as there's already a confirmed Movie 13 event that will give out shiny versions of the Legendary Beasts with exclusive moves. Also, there's no confirmation that this will be the ONLY way you can get Zoroark, especially because Zorua is already revealed.

Yeah, i hope there is another way of obtaining either evolution (assuming Zorua doesn't evolve in some difficult way) or that there is the event here in the UK...

Sat May 15, 2010 12:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

regarding zoruark's ability Illusion, shinashu_taji said that he read that it will erratically switch between the shiny beast and it's normal form when you try to catch it, and you can only try when it's in the zoruark form. if this is true, i don't think that it'll be like ditto; rather, it has some other application that may be new in this game. just my take.
for the shiny beasts, i hope they don't do it by movie preview. i just want to walk into a gamestop and just download it instead... mostly because i would feel silly buying a ticket to a movie i wouldn't watch to get a pokemon lol (is that how they do it?? haven't done one of the movie preview events before, so i don't know).

Sat May 15, 2010 12:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
regarding zoruark's ability Illusion, shinashu_taji said that he read that it will erratically switch between the shiny beast and it's normal form when you try to catch it, and you can only try when it's in the zoruark form. if this is true, i don't think that it'll be like ditto; rather, it has some other application that may be new in this game. just my take.
for the shiny beasts, i hope they don't do it by movie preview. i just want to walk into a gamestop and just download it instead... mostly because i would feel silly buying a ticket to a movie i wouldn't watch to get a pokemon lol (is that how they do it?? haven't done one of the movie preview events before, so i don't know).

Well, what the screenshots show, its only transformed into a beast thats not the one your using...And it doesnt switch between them eratically, it stays transformed until its health is past a certain point then it transforms back to allow you to capture it. (Did nobody read the post i made with the information on zoroak and ability and how its caught? AND all the information was confirmed from CoroCoro)

-They ARE giving the shiny beasts away with preordered tickets to the movie in Japan. But it might be possible they do another event to get the same pokemon.

EDIT: MORE INFO-
In the next issue of CoroCoro there will be a new pokemon revealed AND information on how to obtain Zorua. The issue is due on June 15th but the scans are likely to be leaked a few days before. I'll post them when they come...

Sat May 15, 2010 12:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

my apologies, darkrai-follower. the health thing makes sense, but this still brings up the question: what is the ability's purpose in-game?? hopefully we see the other event as well.

Sat May 15, 2010 12:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
my apologies, darkrai-follower. the health thing makes sense, but this still brings up the question: what is the ability's purpose in-game?? hopefully we see the other event as well.

^_^ No worries, And we're not fully sure yet. There's been no other informtion about Zoroak (and Zorua's) ability except what i posted. Well, there will be no need for the shiny beast event if there's an 'easy(er)' way of obtaining Zorua...But there's a lack of Events in the UK in my opinion... :/

Sat May 15, 2010 12:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Ajit wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:

I can actually see what you mean...
From the screenshots of the overworld so far it DOES look quite futuristic. I dont think you would go to other regions but maybe that leads to another town/city?

I don't quite see any temporal distance between the fifth gen and the previous regions. Maybe Isshu is just based on, say, New York??

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sat May 15, 2010 2:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i just want the water type pokemon because i can see it being a water ice and i love ice types

than the fire starter because i can see so much potential in him

than the rest are tied well for now....

Sat May 15, 2010 5:28 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
AceTrainer wrote:
I just realized that Tsutaaja's species isn't just [element]+[species]. I remembered there are indeed grass snakes.

I'm speculating it's small limbs are a reference to the vestigial 'claws' on many serpents (usually the large ones like anacondas and pythons).

or possibly a part-poison. But then again, the large snakes (constrictors) are not venomous, so yeah, maybe as what Lawrence said, partly dark type.

Well see, I knew this except for the part pertaining to vestigial 'claws' & what not & was thinking that maybe either one of these vine snakes went into it's design somewhat;

Ahaetulla wikipedia
Oxybelis wikipedia

Maybe not seeing as something said it was an Ivy Snake (whatever that is suppose to mean)...& yeah doesn't it look just sinister enough to possibly be a Grass/Dark type combo once it's fully grown?...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat May 15, 2010 9:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I wonder if its legs will just go away as Tsutaaja evolves,
becoming a Naga-type being.

Naga as interpreted for World of Warcraft:

Also, remember Shenron from Dragonball Z? He had arms.
But...not legs.
Gah!
I'm so interested to see how these things turn out!!!

Sat May 15, 2010 11:02 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It may interest you to know that some internet sleuths over at Bulbagarden seem to have determined the trademarked romaji for the starters. Apparently, TPCi has registered pokabu.com, mijumaru.com, and tsutarja.com. So I guess we're all supposed so switch from Tsutaaja to Tsutarja. Here's a link to the original thread for those interested: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=63621

Sat May 15, 2010 11:21 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 42  Next