It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:05 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Titles of the Generation V Games? 

What do you think the Generation V games will be called?
Light and Shadow 61%  61%  [ 28 ]
Jade and Crimson 30%  30%  [ 14 ]
Amethyst and Topaz 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 46

Titles of the Generation V Games? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I reckon, maybe Pokemon Lunar and Pokemon Solar, and it would be pretty cool if the regions were interplanetary (like super mario galaxy or something). (watching too much sailor moon recently)

I highly doubt the games will be named after rocks or stones, and anyway if I recall correctly the game version title doesn't have to have any relevance with the game's story arc but instead have a faint connection to the associated legendary's appearance. But we'll see. (Gold - Ho oh, Ruby - Groudon, Pearl - Palkia, etc)

Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:34 am
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I hope they get called something like "Pokemon *Sun/*Moon" & have a story that focuses on something that happens in the region that has to do with the time of day or something like this...pokemon really needs more dark types & dark type attacks...

* = some word of some sort...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:59 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i have to agree with the concept of pokemon sun and moon but since the remakes have now added a second word to it that may come into play like dawn sun and dusk moon ?? unfortunately the third game of gen v would have a weak name like midnight star ... i know i know not very creative. and just a random thought the games tend to follow a warm color/cool color/ random color, so does that mean (for these titles anyway) orange. purple, and what brown or something?

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:35 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

well...they can have the concept of *Sun/*Moon but be called something simular...or oh God something entirely different...either way, as long as the concept remains I will play just cause...yeah I said it, yeah I said it indeed...

In short, I see your point cfernando6 & I suck with names but maybe something more along the lines of Sun*/Moon* like Sunlight(Sunshine)/Moonlight, LunarSun/SolarMoon or...Sun/Eclipse or Sol/Lunar without the second word & call it a day there...see, told you...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:57 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Definately not dimension 12. No, you don't know about that one yet.
Pokemon Leek and Pokemon Spud.

Oh, and don't forget Pokemon Beet. :D

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes i would have to aggree with the idea of a sun/moon concept for a name. If Zoroark is one of the main legendaries (which I think is unlikely because Zoroark has a pre-evolution) then Zoroark might be the "moon" version legendary and some sort of opposite to Zoroark would be the "sun" legendary. Just a thought though.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:49 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
Yes i would have to aggree with the idea of a sun/moon concept for a name. If Zoroark is one of the main legendaries (which I think is unlikely because Zoroark has a pre-evolution) then Zoroark might be the "moon" version legendary and some sort of opposite to Zoroark would be the "sun" legendary. Just a thought though.

Well, I was actually hoping that because a pokemon like Zoroark & Zorua were in the game that these games would probably have more pokemon appearances based on time of day "literally" & that thus the game should make the story events alter based on the time of day & as a furthering of the environment setting based on story kind of thing that Platinum did with the snow...that these games could maybe have location take on a different appearance based on the time of day...even if just morning/day one way & night another way...there would be so much wanted replayability for it too cause of this...& the story would be interesting with said twist imo...

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:37 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I would totally buy a game named Pokemon Crimson. Or pirate it, at least.

Sun/Moon seems to be the only duality not yet finished, yeah...perhaps Fire and Water? I suppose Crimson and Azure could fit into that.

EDIT: Oh wait. Cresselia is the Moon pokemon. Solrock and Lunatone are Sun and Moon based. Well, there goes that.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Lightshayde wrote:
I would totally buy a game named Pokemon Crimson. Or pirate it, at least.

Sun/Moon seems to be the only duality not yet finished, yeah...perhaps Fire and Water? I suppose Crimson and Azure could fit into that.

EDIT: Oh wait. Cresselia is the Moon pokemon. Solrock and Lunatone are Sun and Moon based. Well, there goes that.

First off...even with {cresselia} who is the "Lunar" pokemon not the "Moon" pokemon, that still doesn't dismiss the, "Night" theme of the Moon game, to allow them to make a legendary based off the "night", not the moon as {ho-oh} & {lugia} isn't exactly the "Gold pokemon" & the "Silver pokemon" & yes there's {solrock} & {lunatone} but that only supports this idea more, maybe have Solrock in the Sun game & Lunatone in the Moon game...& with the 3rd Gen's Drought/Flood theme to their legendaries I don't think that they will so easily use Water as the theme to a legendary after that...still good idea though &..."I am all for a game named Pokemon Crimson Version" as that would be amazing...& so would Azure seeing it's potiential...

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:57 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The thing is
If you had yet another Pokemon based on the moon or sun, what with these generally mundane Pokemon, it would undermine the uniqueness of the legendaries.

The poster legends will probably have part-Psychic typing, almost definitely.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Lightshayde wrote:
The thing is
If you had yet another Pokemon based on the moon or sun, what with these generally mundane Pokemon, it would undermine the uniqueness of the legendaries.

The poster legends will probably have part-Psychic typing, almost definitely.

Okay...but the only thing really Sun/Moon based would be the game titles which may change to something probably better anyway...& the legendaries would be based on Day/Night (Dusk/Dawn), not the Sun/Moon itself...though I agree that uniqueness is lost, I wouldn't exactly agree that they have been being unique with the ones they already made either I mean they used the Water Type two Generations in a row as {palkia} is Dragon/Water & {kyogre} is Water though at least one of them has another type... & also theirs {rayquaza} to either {dialga} Palkia or {giratina} with them needing to make a legendary that is "not" type wise in anyway a Dragon Type though I don't mind Dragon moves being added to them...though I would perfer if they just did what they did in Gen I & knock off the storyline Legendary Pokemon encounters cause it is going to be hard to keep doing that same thing "&" be unique I mean I can't even configure it into my Sun/Moon idea...

Oh, & poster legendaries you say...?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:19 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:

AKA the legendaries on the box covers. {kyogre} for sapphire, {rayquaza} for emerald, etc.
SEE WHAT I DID THERE! I skipped Groudon! Because ruby < sapphire. :P

Lawence Codye wrote:
I mean they used the Water Type two Generations in a row as {palkia} is Dragon/Water & {kyogre} is Water though at least one of them has another type... & also theirs {rayquaza} to either {dialga} {palkia} or {giratina}

This is like saying "Oh, there is more than one grass type in this game. They're not being original." I agree that the GenIV legendaries didn't exactly need to be part-Dragon, but none of them (except maybe Origin Giratina) looks anything like Rayquaza, and ditto for Kyogre and Palkia.

I suppose Day and Night pokemon would be pretty cool, but, you know, that's somewhat of a step down from the GenIV trio. What, do they have power over the periods when the sun or moon is in the sky? What kind of messed-up epic battle would they have, and wouldn't one always have an advantage? For that matter, what typing would they have, Dark and Light? THERE IS NO LIGHT TYPE.

My point with unoriginal was that it would be like, "Hmm, new pokemon games. I see the legendaries are based on the sun and the moon. Aren't there already pokemon based on the sun and moon? Game Freak is losing its touch." Unless the designs are radically different I can't see how people would buy the game.

Man, Game Freak really dug itself into a corner. Unless they can pull something out of their cabbage, the next one will probably be the last one.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmm. people seems to assume game freak will use the same kind of names they have been using, but if they want to continue their pokemon franchise that they have going on, they could do something a bit new like pokemon 'origins' or pokemon adventures, or something. just something different. i dunno.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:33 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

That stuff is in the territory of the spinoff games. By spinoff I mean the Ranger games, the Mystery Dungeon games.

...Perhaps they're going to depart from the RPG format? What a scary thought.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yeah, maybe your right, lightshayde, but im just saying its a way out of the hole that they've dug themselves into.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ryanh181 wrote:
Copper and Zinc, Iron and Tin, Boron Silicon. Yeah I'm pretty much just reading the periodic table. But to reply to all of you guys, If it were Light and Shadow, what would the third be?

I would think the third would be Twilight...eh... people would start thinking of it as a video game relating to the book. Why not do the "atom" series Proton, Electron, and Neutron?

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Spacersdude wrote:
Ryanh181 wrote:
Copper and Zinc, Iron and Tin, Boron Silicon. Yeah I'm pretty much just reading the periodic table. But to reply to all of you guys, If it were Light and Shadow, what would the third be?

I would think the third would be Twilight...eh... people would start thinking of it as a video game relating to the book. Why not do the "atom" series Proton, Electron, and Neutron?

You have a point. We can't have kids runnin' around with "Pokemon Twilight". I would officially give up pokemon forever.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:32 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Lightshayde wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:

AKA the legendaries on the box covers. {kyogre} for sapphire, {rayquaza} for emerald, etc.
SEE WHAT I DID THERE! I skipped Groudon! Because ruby < sapphire. :P

gotcha about the poster legendaries thing...I just wanted to be sure see?...

Lightshayde wrote:
This is like saying "Oh, there is more than one grass type in this game. They're not being original." I agree that the GenIV legendaries didn't exactly need to be part-Dragon, but none of them (except maybe Origin Giratina) looks anything like Rayquaza, and ditto for Kyogre and Palkia.

I suppose Day and Night pokemon would be pretty cool, but, you know, that's somewhat of a step down from the GenIV trio. What, do they have power over the periods when the sun or moon is in the sky? What kind of messed-up epic battle would they have, and wouldn't one always have an advantage? For that matter, what typing would they have, Dark and Light? THERE IS NO LIGHT TYPE.

My point with unoriginal was that it would be like, "Hmm, new pokemon games. I see the legendaries are based on the sun and the moon. Aren't there already pokemon based on the sun and moon? Game Freak is losing its touch." Unless the designs are radically different I can't see how people would buy the game.

Man, Game Freak really dug itself into a corner. Unless they can pull something out of their cabbage, the next one will probably be the last one.

Well my point was not that they "looked" like Rayquaza but shared the same type with it & also that since Emerald all the "poster legendaries" were the Dragon Type, no?...& so what if Day/Night is a step down from the GenIV trio as it's still a cool idea & no I was thinking that they would be more like {ho-oh} & {lugia} with not being a trio but a duo & their battle would really be messed up so I would perfer that you only see one of them based on the version you have like in Daimond & Pearl. Oh, & maybe so but I would perfer something like the Creation of the Light type for this Gen or just use Electric/Ghost or Dark for the duo since they go with Day/Night the most & maybe they could add another type to each one like they did {dialga} & {palkia} ...the third one doesn't have to go with the other two either...& yes GameFreak really has dug themselves a big hole here & I see your final point here...

@Ryder = I'm not assuming per say but have no idea what the future hold so I just named the titles based on what was already done, see?...plus based on the article the official pokemon jp site had first talking about the ""New Pokemon RPG in the making"", I would assume they would use a different title scheme this time around anyway...

@Lightshayde = probably so since I don't see a 6th Gen even being possible based on the way the first 4 themes were named...a change in the pattern of their games is desperately needed seriously...

@Ryanh181 & Spacersdude = please don't assume that they are going to use a trio of legendaries every Gen following the 3rd Gen cause I would think that they would not do that for originality's sake...& if I saw a kid running around with "Pokemon Twilight Version" with them I wouldn't even think it was the main games of pokemon but a epic fail spin-off of some sort, lol...

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:49 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Spacersdude wrote:
Ryanh181 wrote:

I would never touch Pokemon again if they named it Twilight. Dusk or something would be better.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

it better not be twilight. if they name it twilight, i will have to rip off the label and print off a new label with a new name from my computer, lol.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:11 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ho-Oh and Lugia are not counterparts in the way that Dialga and Palkia, or Kyogre and Groudon were. The latter two hated each other, and therefore had a "master" to take control of them, while Ho-Oh and Lugia were masters of themselves who happened to be legendaries from the same generation and had powers over opposing elements.

They might just go back to that formula in the next gen.

I doubt they'll go back to the "gotta catch 'em all" format, like in the first generation, where the plot comes secondary. Most kids these days don't really care about 100% completion, which is also why a complete Pokedex is "seen all pokemon", not "caught all pokemon", now. "Gotta catch 'em all" is just an outdated concept, and unless they're catering GenV to the older players, I doubt GameFreak will go back.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Lightshayde wrote:
Ho-Oh and Lugia are not counterparts in the way that Dialga and Palkia, or Kyogre and Groudon were. The latter two hated each other, and therefore had a "master" to take control of them, while Ho-Oh and Lugia were masters of themselves who happened to be legendaries from the same generation and had powers over opposing elements.

They might just go back to that formula in the next gen.

I doubt they'll go back to the "gotta catch 'em all" format, like in the first generation, where the plot comes secondary. Most kids these days don't really care about 100% completion, which is also why a complete Pokedex is "seen all pokemon", not "caught all pokemon", now. "Gotta catch 'em all" is just an outdated concept, and unless they're catering GenV to the older players, I doubt GameFreak will go back.

Okay...this very much & just to clarify, "I know that {ho-oh} & {lugia} connection if they had one is nothing like {kyogre} & {groudon} or {dialga} & {palkia} ...what I meant was simply that they won't use some third legendary just to make a trio like they did 2 Generations in a row...please don't do this again Game Freak as it is actually getting kind of annoyingly old I mean I like both {rayquaza} & {giratina} but please just stick to having two poster legendaries & I mean the third game doesn't have to feature a pokemon that's paired with the other two but maybe just another good or popular pokemon...

Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:39 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The third game is a moneymaking vehicle. Most people bought the third game because of the changes in the storyline or gameplay.
With the third game, Game Freak can squeeze a little more money out of the monumental time and effort that they have put into every game.

Lawence Codye wrote:
but please just stick to having two poster legendaries & I mean the third game doesn't have to feature a pokemon that's paired with the other two but maybe just another good or popular pokemon...

There's no reason for Game Freak to listen to one person voicing his opinions, no matter how sound they are, because of the profit they turn from that third game.
In any case, they did the "good or popular" pokemon thing with the first two generations, and apparently making up another pokemon to complete a trio is more lucrative than using an already-present pokemon. The players would rather have a new pokemon than an old one, rehashed. (I am referring to, of course, Pikachu and Suicune, in that last phrase.)

Would you mind giving a reason for why you find the third pokemon so "annoying"?

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Another reason they make a third version of a game, is to keep us distracted for a while. Then they usually start either a new generation or a new region/remake and make it a little better or a change in storyline like you said Lightshayde. Examples of this are Blue/Red then Yellow, to then start a new generation. Then Crystal to reveal Ruby/Saphire. and so on.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:03 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

@ previous two posts = I praise the fact that they make the 3rd "game" of every Gen & like them all more then the other 2 games of their respective Generation...I was simply talking about the 3rd "Legendary" getting paired with the other 2 all the time (since the 3rd Gen) I mean can't they do something like they did with Crystal as {suicune} while being created by {ho-oh} was not how do I say this...linked together as much per say as the 4th Gen legendary trio or even the 3rd Gen legendary trio...& the 3rd Legendary they used for Emerald & Platinum was already introduced in their respective Generation in the first 2 games of their respective Generation. Oh & I'm very aware of the 3rd games purpose very much & I just though that since Crystal had such success not using the trio idea that maybe it's territory worth reexploring for Game Freak in regards to the 5th Gen...& I don't state my opinions for the company to listen to on a forum ... just to give people my perspective on a given situation/question, etc. In other words, for the love of I'm just saying...

& to wonder, I'm getting the games regardless so doesn't really matter to me in contrast to my opinion full statements...

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:24 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next