It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Pokemon Sunday, Corocoro reveal Zoroark and Zorua 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I would very much like a fighting subtype as it give it great offensive capibilitys

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:06 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Woah! A lot cooler than I expected! I also really like the design of the mane.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I like Zorua, but not Zoroark. I wish they'd make the pokemon similar to 1st and 2nd gen ones....

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:36 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

The movie is Phantom something Z, and yep thats definatly my new fav pokemon... wonder what the skiny wil look like.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I like it, but at the same time feels like a Lucario revamp :/ Even the method for reveling him seems the same.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:31 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Zoroark
- Dark-type
- “Monster Fox Pokemon”
- height of 5.2 feet and a weight of 179 pounds
- can stand on all fours or hind legs
- pre-evolution is called “Zorua” and is an “Evil Fox Pokemon.”
- 2.3 feet tall and weighs 28 pounds

First thing I thought of when I seen Zoroark....

Edit: I have also discovered that the 13th movie previously known as ''Phantom Champion Z'' is now ''Phantom Champion Zoroak'' (officially)

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:58 pm
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Wonder if it will be the first evolving Legendary or like Lucario...

First thing I thought of was Super Sayian 3 Lucario tbh lol.

I like the pre-evolve form better.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:36 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

It does have a nice Super Sayian 3 look to it.

I would imagine that it would relate the same way Lucario was introduced.

I really don't see Zorua being legendary.

Oh, and did I mention that I also thought of this when I first seen the silhouette...

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:51 pm
Profile ICQ
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

its looking like it may be a third evolution of golduck... notice the webed feet... although i doubt nintendo would make a movie around a pokemon as... "strange" as that, also where would golduck get the intense hair from: just a guess

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:26 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Off topic but I think its about time 2nd gen things got their upgrades, such as Electiver and Magmortar. Some of the 2nd gen one evos.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:36 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Eh, it's okay. But it really does look like a cross between a werewolf and knuckles. I haven't played a game since RSE, but I will get this and I hope the dark type has a better movepool this time.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Phantasms wrote:
Eh, it's okay. But it really does look like a cross between a werewolf and knuckles. I haven't played a game since RSE, but I will get this and I hope the dark type has a better movepool this time.

Get HG & SS

very good, I've played the japanese version.

Although, i found my old, half played crystal and am playing it. It is amazing!

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:55 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

It's like this generation's Riolu and Lucario.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:19 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sneaky Sneasel wrote:

That's what I thought. It's almost exactly the same concept.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ryanh181 wrote:
Sneaky Sneasel wrote:

That's what I thought. It's almost exactly the same concept.

Lucario never looked like it would eat your first-born child, though. Other than that, I believe you kids are spot-on. I wonder if it will have it's own signature moves and stuff like Lucario did (sorta). Maybe Zoroark was made to be a negative compliment to the stupid blue puppy Pokemon? Just a thought.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:30 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I just hope they don't give it really really crappy stats.

remember their first all dark, special movie bound Pokemon?

I of course am referring to Mighteyta and look how that turned out.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Zoroak will probably be the evil Ash. Seeing how its class is "Evil Fox" then it can most likely shapeshift or something like that. Foxes are represented as mischevious and can sometimes shapeshift in Native American literature. Plus, Nintendo probably based Zoroak as an evil entity in the movie. But I'm most likely completely wrong since Nintendo is rarely predictable.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

redt wrote:
Zoroak will probably be the evil Ash. Seeing how its class is "Evil Fox" then it can most likely shapeshift or something like that. Foxes are represented as mischevious and can sometimes shapeshift in Native American literature. Plus, Nintendo probably based Zoroak as an evil entity in the movie. But I'm most likely completely wrong since Nintendo is rarely predictable.

I bet Zoroark evolves into Ash. Finally about time we get to catch Ash in the games too, they revealed that Pokémon in like, the first episode of the anime and it still hasn't been catchable in the games.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ksemanr wrote:
I bet Zoroark evolves into Ash. Finally about time we get to catch Ash in the games too, they revealed that Pokémon in like, the first episode of the anime and it still hasn't been catchable in the games.

What the hell are you talking about?

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:44 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

shinashu taji wrote:
ksemanr wrote:

What the hell are you talking about?

Ash, you know, he wears a hat, there's a Pikachu that follows him all around. I've been waiting to be able to catch him since Pokémon Yellow released. Hopefully Zoroark evolves into him, or you're able to catch him via another method.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:38 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

theres a movie on zoroark, :D
they r dark type,
proof:
on serebii pokedex

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:44 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Are you guys saying that Zoroark is going to Evolve into a pokemon trainer... a human pokemon trainer?

Even if I am right and this pokemon is related to the Lycanthropy/werewolf lore, It will still be a pokemon at the end of the day.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:11 am
Profile ICQ
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm pretty sure people are joking here. At least, someone is.

Okay, back to these... things.

It seems that Pokemon is becoming more and more an object of desire for the Furry fandom. I mean, what's with the ponytail? Why add human features to Pokemon who aren't supposed to be human-related? I can understand Pokemon like Jynx and Gardevoir, but a monster fox? I don't really get it.

I actually like how the monsters became more stylized, and thus more unique and distinguishable from other monsters from other Anime series, but... The addition of so many bipedal animals really is changing Pokemon. It's not that I don't like where it's going, but I can't say I'm happy about it. I think they really need to compensate that and come up with more "natural-looking", and less scary-looking Pokemon. Well, we haven't seen every Gen. 5 Pokemon, yet, so there's still hope.

And I can't deny the fact that I instantly think of Riolu and Lucario when I see these two. And it seems to me Zoroark will play the main role in this movie in a similar way Lucario did in the 8th movie. I can totally see Zoroark as that Pokemon nobody likes because he's a "monster fox" or something, but then he saves everyone from some mean legendary and everybody understands him and accepts him. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's a plausible possibility. Maybe if he was a stand-alone, and not have a pre-evo, like Absol, I guess I would think differently... but then I'd relate him to the movie Absol, ugh.

Zoroark's design isn't "bad" per say, but, honestly, it's not impressive. In fact, I'm a tiny bit disappointed. He doesn't look like a fox in Kabuki make-up to me, but a werewolf with a crazy hairdo. I look at him and think "where have I seen this before?". It really gives me the feeling that creativity isn't this guy's strongest point. He gets points for "scary" and "Furry", though. I don't really know if that's a good thing.

Zorua is kind of cute, but also very... uninteresting. And I just can't stop looking at his forehead... and how huge it is. I can't say he looks better than his evolution, but at least he doesn't look worse... Not that it was... possible.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:52 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Galar wrote:
I can totally see Zoroark as that Pokemon nobody likes because he's a "monster fox" or something, but then he saves everyone from some mean legendary and everybody understands him and accepts him. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's a plausible possibility.

Didn't they do that with Darkrai? I don't know; I've only seen like 20 minutes of these movies since the Celebi one. But yeah, I can see Nintendo doing this over and over again because it's a semi-reliable plot structure as of now. Not just with Pokemon; how many movies or stories are out there with a misunderstood character who lashes out for attention, does something good, and then is accepted and becomes friendly or something stupid like that? Basically, I think that's exactly what they're going to do with the next movie; Zoroark is going to terrorize, Ash is going to scream for 40 minutes of the movie, a big strong legendary/villainous team will attack, suddenly he'll be good and help everyone, and finally he'll run off into the sunset with everyone waving and that crappy announcer talking about "the mysterious world of Pokemon." Exactly why I don't watch the anime anymores.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:09 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Zorua kinda looks like a Starter Pokemon. But then again, they would have shown a third shilloute. Or it's something like Lucario. Like you get an egg from somebody and blah, blah, blah.

Crosman wrote:
Edit: I have also discovered that the 13th movie previously known as ''Phantom Champion Z'' is now ''Phantom Champion Zoroak'' (officially)

Hmm.. so it's called Phantom Champion Zoroark. Pretty cool.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next