Pokemon Generation 5 announced - due Fall 2010 in Japan 
Lite Four
Lite Four

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/N ... _Announced

Yay!

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:34 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

I see no actual confirmation that this is Generation V, therefore I am assuming the worst and thinking its the umpteenth crappy spinoff until further notice.

Forgive me for changing the topic title, but nothing is in stone yet. I'd rather wait until we're sure to go around announcing that Gen V is coming.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I agree with Frost, this is more than likely another craptastic spinoff game. Still there is that one particular Pokemon from the newest movie that hasn't been confirmed yet. So who knows maybe if its a new Pokemon, maybe that is when they will confirm a Gen V game.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:15 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I agree with both of the above...it's also too early imo...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:35 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I hope it is a 5th generation.

Baby Kanga is making his debut, I can feel it.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:26 am
Profile ICQ
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

As for release dates:

Gen 1
Red / Green: 1996
Yellow: 1998

Gen 2
Gold / Silver: 1999
Crystal: 2000

Gen 3
Ruby / Sapphire: 2002
Fire Red / Leaf Green: 2004
Emerald: 2004

Gen 4
Pearl / Diamond: 2006
Platinum: 2008
Heart Gold / Soul Silver: 2009

Gen 5?
?

It actually seems right, sorry to say.

It may be another ranger game. Or, it could be what I want: A good pokemon Pinball, Bejewled, or Sudoko!

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The new Ranger game was revealed a few weeks ago so this definitely can't be it. We already have many Mystery Dungeons that I doubt that could be it. Chances are it really is Generation 5.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:30 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Better translations of the announcement have surfaced and I'll agree that it seems very likely that the games in question are Generation V, although there's still no official confirmation. Bulbapedia's original article just said that the upcoming title was an RPG with "a new Pokemon," so I was expecting the worst, like a handheld sequel to Colosseum or some crap like that.

I'm excited if the games really are Gen V because I want some new Pokemon and new chances to do different type combinations, Gym specialties (hello, Dark-type Gym, will you be there?), evolutions for rejects like Farfetch'd, moves, etc., with the franchise, but the marketing feels very uncharacteristic of GameFreak which is why I still have a small bit of doubt. They were whoring out Munchlax a good TWO YEARS before Diamond and Pearl came out, so it seems weird to me that we're looking at a Fall 2010 release and we won't even know the first Pokemon until next month at the earliest.

Also: If this is Generation V, I'm glad that it will be released on the regular DS because I won't have to lay down MORE money for another Nintendo handheld that I'll only need for the Pokemon Generation du jour.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:28 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

So its not a D/P Pinball? Or an updated Trozei? Or a TCG?

What about a remake of Ruby / Sapphire?

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I would have to kill Nintendo, if they went ahead and did a Ruby and Sapphire remake. The games aren't even that old.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:54 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Peanut-Lover: It said its an RPG, those games aren't RPGs. The only thing I could possibly want more than generation 5 is Pokemon TCG: DS (which I can't see them doing after skipping Generation 3 and 4, man I wish they would make another TCG video game :( ), but as mentioned before the marketing scheme isn't really like them.

It really scares me about "everything before born anew" though. Last time Gamefreak decided to do that, we ended up with this horrible abomination.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:46 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey! Generation 3 is awesome! :)

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Pokemaniac wrote:
Hey! Generation 3 is awesome! :)

When I have to force myself to finish a Pokemon game, or any game in general. It is not awesome. Generation 3 was a horrible addition to the game, its something that should have never been made.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:30 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

No, it should have been made, but it should have been made better. Gamefreak tried to make a generation where you could find all the new Pokemon and only a select few old Pokemon. I really don't think they had the remakes of FR/LG planned, but instead programmed all the oriiginal Pokemon in R/S just incase fans bitched about the lack of old Pokemon (and they DID bitch), thus we have FR, LG, Collosseum, and XD.

The worst part about Ruby and Sapphire was being forced to use new Pokemon, because the old Pokemon didn't exist. I really hope they don't do this with generation V.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

It wasn't even so much that Generation III forced us to use new Pokemon. You had to go pretty far into the game before you could get to Pal Park in Diamond and Pearl, and a lot of the Pokemon weren't available until after the Elite Four. But R/S were a little too radical; before them, we had GSC, which went out of its way to bridge a gap between it and the Generation before it. All of the Pokemon were back, most of the characters were back and the previous region was back. Then R/S came along and most of the old Pokemon disappeared, the previous two regions disappeared and all of the old characters disappeared. Gamefreak gave zero indication that these things were going to return, so people understandably freaked out until FRLG were announced. DP did much better, managing to incorporate a lot of old Pokemon without other games and finding nods to the past like Jasmine, Oak and the shiny Gyarados report.

It also didn't help that a lot of the Hoenn Pokemon seemed to fill roles that were previously taken by older Pokemon. The existence of Beautifly on its own isn't a bad thing, which is why I grew to like the Pokemon. But the existence of Beautifly in this mind-boggling new game where you can't catch Butterfree and, for all intents and purposes, it seems to serve the role as a replacement for Butterfree? That was a bitter taste in my mouth. Then you had families of Pokemon that fit archetypes for which the older Pokemon had disappeared (e.g. Skitty as the token cat Pokemon after Meowth was nowhere to be found), etc.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You know I always thought that the number 1 thing to look forward to in a Pokemon game was the new Pokemon you where going to be able to use and discover. RSE I find did this perfectly by giving the games a reboot. Besides I am sure that if they kept on throwing in old characters from the old games people would get sick of them.

I do find it a little unfair that RSE gets a whole lot of hate just for trying something new with the series. (Especially considering the fact that people complain a lot nowadays about how the series hasn't changed at all) Anyways I'll just leave it at that as this topic is to be talking about Generation 5 and not why Generation 3 is good/bad.

Personally I hope Gen 5 does reboot.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:03 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What I want in Gen V is a reboot, but not something completely radical like Gen III. One thing to be interesting if they would add an extra slot for an attack move.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:27 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

shinashu taji wrote:
What I want in Gen V is a reboot, but not something completely radical like Gen III. One thing to be interesting if they would add an extra slot for an attack move.

eww.. No thank you. A fifth attack slot would do horrible things to online play.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Like what horrible things? I have always wanted more options, Like it was said early the ability to dodge an attack, or even just a Pokemon signature move like Thunderbolt for pikachu, magma storm for heatran, Posion tail for seviper etc.

I also think they should make move I call Hidden Strength exact mechanics as hidden power (so you couldn't had HP Ice and HS Fire) but physical

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:27 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The signature move idea is cool, but note that not every pokemon has a signature move.
But a fifth attack would make pokemon like Starmie too powerful.
It already learns ice beam, surf, thunderbolt, rapid spin, psychic, recover, etc. I think that 4 of those moves is good enough.
many pokemon with good move pools will just become too powerful in online play.

i do not predict any change to the battle format in pokemon games, unless they made an open-world rpg like in WOW or Final Fantasy (which would rule)

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:59 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I just hope they make a Dark Type Gym Leader, have a defensive Fire Type Starter seeing as they done it to the other two types already, a wider selection of pokemon from previous generations before you get the NationalDex, a Poison Type Eevolution, some new PokeBalls, more Dark Type & more Ice Type Pokemon (Ice type mainly), try something new with the region seeing as Johto is the only real unique region in the pokemon world, reboot the series again, adjust a lot of the pokemon's base stats the make them more useful, treak the Super Contests to make them more possible to win once you get to Ultra Rank, more berries, customization for your trainers clothes at least, no more move slots as they will make some pokemon impossible to beat one-on-one, a new type (at least 1), more then 1 rival, better Pokeradar & a little more of a challenge with the ingame battles (mainly with Gym Leaders & Elite 4/Champion)...& I say they are too early cause of what happened with Gen III & how much they need to do to impress with the Fifth Generation this time...

Please Poison Eevolution & more Ice-type Pokemon worthy of attention this time :violin: ...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think a poison type eevolution is high unlikely, as all eevolutions are based off the special attack types in the older generations, that means that only a dragon type is the only possibility, thats also unlikely cause theres nothing to pair with it, and dragons are a very special type group.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What I really want to see in a new generation is some new typed starters. I think Dark, Psychic, and Fighting starters would be neat. Or maybe Electric, Flying, Ground. I know they probably can't do that for some reason, but I think it would be a welcomed change for most fans of the games.

I'd also like Team Rocket to come back. The new teams are getting lamer and lamer, so I want Team Rocket to return. That's just me, though. Or maybe they could all combine with some new team. I imagine huge double battles against Archie and Maxie, Giovanni and Cyrus, and then whatever new leaders Gamefreak throws at us.

A fifth attack slot would indeed be very useful, but that might make it horribly difficult if there's a plan to reconnect to D/P/Pt unless it's a one-way thing (similar to Pal Park).

I also hope for more creative typing with the new Pokemans. I'm still waiting for a Fire/Grass or Fire/Water Pokemon. Or something like Dark/Fighting or Dark/Ground. And pure Flying types.

I'm done now; feel free to tell me where I'm wrong. :)

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, I may be a little out of place trying to say this, but I think it needs to be said.

We need only a few things more with Pokemon (in my opinion). An Eevolution of every type, Gym Leaders of all types, EVERY possible Type combo (yes, even the ridiculous ones), and a pure Flying-type Pokemon.

1st one and the 3rd one are so there will be nothing more to do with additional Pokemon (therefore making it a lot easier to keep track of), the 2nd would be very interesting, and the 4th is a personal preference because there is no pure Flying-type Pokemon (no hybrid) naturally.

[Note: Both Kecleon and Arceus match a Flying type only after their effects...]

Other than that, I think that there are already enough Pokemon things to learn and/or memorize...

AEPMT :D 8-) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
reboot the series again

I hope you realize the last time they "rebooted" the series we got the horrible abomination that is Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next