It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Couple of questions on EV's... 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Right I'm playing Soul silver and I've been getting to grips with this EV business. I've got a few questions which would be really useful to have an answer to..

1) If I start a battle with Pokemon A then switch it out so pokemon B kills it, do Pokemon A and B both get EV's? Are they shared or do both get them fully? Say something gives 1 Att EV, do A and B both get one each, or share them(so 0.5 each)?

2) If Pokemon A has something like a power anklet equipped and the scenaruio above happens, does it still get those extra 4 EV's all for itself even though it wasn't the only one that was involved in the battle?

3) I hear certain berries can reverse EV gains, where in SS do I get them?

thanks for any info folks! =)

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:50 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

there's a page in the psylab that explains it all: http://www.psypokes.com/lab/evguide.php

the short answers:
1) one each
2) it still gets the 4 EVs
3) you'll have to look it up, probably a link somewhere in the psylab. i've never had to undo my EVs, so i dont know which berries they are.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:01 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
To answer (3.) = http://www.psypokes.com/dpphgss/berrystats.php

On this page look at berries #21 through #26 & find what you are looking for, Oh & do look at the page "Dangertrout" posted a link for too as it will help you more with how EVs or Effort Values work, hope we helped...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ah, those berries can be found in Hoenn Field and Big Forest pokewalker routes, iirc.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:20 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

You can also get those EV reducing berries in Emerald Version and migrate them to Soul silver, thats what I do.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:09 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

thanks for the help guys!

Urm yeah about the berries. Well I THOUGHT I'd EV trained my cyndaquil/quilava (now typhlosion) correctly but I tried an IV calculator on serebii and it asked for nature, level, current stats and EV's, it was saying error I must have put in wrong values or not done it right. Seems right though, sp att really high along with speed, those two a way ahead of the rest (I know sp att would be anyway but I mean real far) and att beating beating special defence. Think I'll leave it tbh I'm not all that fussed, its close enough if a few EV's wrong.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]